Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Woman's FIFA World Cup 2023

Read 8298 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Woman's FIFA World Cup 2023
      Reply #46: Aug 17, 2023 12:40:58 am

Oh YES !!!! Didn't we just do that, what a tremendous result by our wonderful girls and what a refreshing change to watch a football game without all the hullabullo of throwing yourself all over the pitch like the men do 'pretending' to be hurt/injured, these girls just get on with it and don't make a fuss.
      The fella's could learn a lot from them.

Exceptional performance from the Lionesses and whatever happens in the final, they can be so proud of themselves.

But I'm sure they'll beat Spain in the final.....go girls !!!

Told you we'd beat ya Aussie

Yes Congratulations KS

I'll just hold on  to this a bit tighter now  :f_wah: :lmao:

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #47: Aug 17, 2023 02:18:08 pm
      Yes Congratulations KS

where does his boiled egg go on that.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #48: Aug 18, 2023 09:55:51 am
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,934 posts | 448 
      Reply #49: Aug 18, 2023 10:23:46 am
      Yes Congratulations KS

Tough they're locked away at Lords ain't they. ;D

Your man there just playing cos play with the £3.99 replica.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #50: Aug 18, 2023 05:07:41 pm

this comparison is just stupid womens football and top flight mens football is like comparing under 16's with any EPL team. I agree Southgate is a tit but its just media crap this and if they win tomorrow it wont be on a par with 1966 it aint coming home. Hope they win the game and become Women's world champions but just leave the men out of the conversation
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,676 posts | 1632 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #51: Aug 19, 2023 11:02:48 pm
      Sweden beat the Aussies 2-0 to claim the 3rd place but the biggy is tomorrow morning, so good luck to the amazing girls that have taken them to their first World Cup final, what a tremendous achievement for them, let's hope they can go all the way and lift the trophy  :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ:
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 103 
      Reply #52: Aug 20, 2023 08:22:23 am
      Please God don'tet there be a  shrill voiced
      They think it's all over  moment
      That we'll have to listen to for the next 20 years
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #53: Aug 20, 2023 12:00:15 pm
      thought I would give it a go and SPain much more technically gifted leading 1-0. The  EFL game is on now Norwich much more attractive proposition.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #54: Aug 20, 2023 12:15:36 pm
      Sweden beat the Aussies 2-0 to claim the 3rd place but the biggy is tomorrow morning, so good luck to the amazing girls that have taken them to their first World Cup final, what a tremendous achievement for them, let's hope they can go all the way and lift the trophy  :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ:

Made absolute muppets of the ingurlund mens team that last few years. Good luck to them today.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #55: Aug 20, 2023 01:05:10 pm
      Spain far superior there
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #56: Aug 20, 2023 01:08:54 pm
      Spain much better, England really struggled to retain possession or put any moves together. Every 2nd or 3rd play seemed to break down. Earps outstanding. Shame after the pen save her teammates couldn't create chances.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #57: Aug 20, 2023 01:09:56 pm
      Thank god that's over, so is the Spanish manager going to be the next male England coach now.

The hype has been pathetic its a different game so the comparing to 66 really sticks in my throat.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #58: Aug 20, 2023 01:16:10 pm
      Thank god that's over, so is the Spanish manager going to be the next male England coach now.

The hype has been pathetic its a different game so the comparing to 66 really sticks in my throat.

It's the same game, pitch, two goals each end of the pitch.

This countries F***ing obsession with 1966 is part of the reason it will never win F**k all ever again. Part of the reason I'm glad I'm generally not arsed what happens to the national team in general. The hype has been nothing like what it would be if it was the other bunch of failures.

Still say Wiegman is a better coach than that boring tw*t Southgate. They women were unlucky. Spain just a better team on the day.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #59: Aug 20, 2023 01:19:23 pm
      It's the same game, pitch, two goals each end of the pitch.

This countries F***ing obsession with 1966 is part of the reason it will never win F**k all ever again. Part of the reason I'm glad I'm generally not arsed what happens to the national team in general. The hype has been nothing like what it would be if it was the other bunch of failures.

Still say Wiegman is a better coach than that boring tw*t Southgate. They women were unlucky. Spain just a better team on the day.

Same game but put that side against under 16s England Boys and they wouldn't get a kick that's just facts.

Can't compare the 2 sports but the media want to every chance they get. It's not football its women's football they need to know the difference.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #60: Aug 20, 2023 01:22:39 pm
      Same game but put that side against under 16s England Boys and they wouldn't get a kick that's just facts.

Can't compare the 2 sports but the media want to every chance they get. It's not football its women's football they need to know the difference.

Oh yawn that boring old argument about under whatever age boys blah blah.

Just let them have their game and stop whinging about it. Why do men feel threatened by the media blagging up women's sport.

Honestly some start behaving like the Taliban!! :laugh:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #61: Aug 20, 2023 01:51:46 pm
      maybe if they didnt f***in hype their game which is bang average and not great to watch it might attract a wider audience but the constant comparisons by the Womens game to Mens pay is boring. The Mens game is a massive world wide Multi Billion Pound industry if its good enough they will get larger audiences and more money just stop the hype around England teams men or women its odious and boring
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #62: Aug 20, 2023 02:13:56 pm
      maybe if they didnt f***in hype their game which is bang average and not great to watch it might attract a wider audience but the constant comparisons by the Womens game to Mens pay is boring. The Mens game is a massive world wide Multi Billion Pound industry if its good enough they will get larger audiences and more money just stop the hype around England teams men or women its odious and boring

So is the whinging about audiences, hyping up "their" game and crying about the pay argument.

That is odious and F***ing boring. I don't get why men feel sooooooooo F***ing threatened by women kicking a ball around.

Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #63: Aug 20, 2023 02:32:34 pm
      So is the whinging about audiences, hyping up "their" game and crying about the pay argument.

That is odious and F***ing boring. I don't get why men feel sooooooooo F***ing threatened by women kicking a ball around.

Not whinging or threatened but fed uo with the constant demands and waste of resources from the men's game.

Do they have any stadiums? No they demand to use the mens facilities built up over decades.if the game is in demand build your own with your own funds, if the product is good sponsors will come stop draining ours.

Now they demand similar pay !!! That's not threatening its just stupid and should be called out for what it is.

Now they want equality, well that's simple dont have womens football have just football and if you are good enough you will make it in the game very very simple.

Read the papers tomorrow it will be the usual the women showed the men how to do it nonsense.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #64: Aug 20, 2023 02:39:21 pm
      Shame they couldn’t get over the line, Spain played great footy and deserved the win…
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #65: Aug 20, 2023 02:44:48 pm
      Shame they couldn’t get over the line, Spain played great footy and deserved the win…

Yep, England were slower all over the pitch. Spain deserved winners.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #66: Aug 20, 2023 02:48:59 pm

That's why I was happy to see England lose.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #67: Aug 20, 2023 03:57:25 pm

Good team, seem to have the Spanish dna of playing tiki-taka as well ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #68: Aug 20, 2023 04:28:23 pm
      It’s hilarious how much women’s football pisses off some men!

Quick Reply