Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Annie road test event

Read 2125 times
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 585 posts | 32 
      Annie road test event
      Aug 14, 2023 01:34:46 pm
      Anfield is gearing up for its first game of the season. As part of the phased opening of the new expanded Anfield Road Stand, there will be numerous test events.

The first will be on Tuesday August 15 and Liverpool FC season ticket holders and members are invited to take part. Tickets are free of charge and will be available on a first come, first served basis.

This event is an important part of the matchday preparation and the phased opening of the new Anfield Road Stand, which, when complete, will increase Anfield’s capacity from 54,000 to 61,000.

During this event the aim is to test the building, systems and management plans and there will be times where attendees will be asked to co-operate in some important tests. These include staying for the full duration of the event, using the welfare facilities, testing entry and exit procedures and a fire alarm evacuation at the end.

LFC Foundation will be hosting a community match play-on-pitch activity throughout and discounted refreshments will be available on the concourse.

Here is all the information you need to know ahead of the event.

Timings (BST)
      6pm - Turnstiles open
      7pm - Event starts
      7.20pm - Half-time
      7.40pm - Second half
      8pm - Event finishes
      How to book tickets
      Season ticket holders, seasonal hospitality members and Official Members can book tickets free of charge online now.

Eligible supporters can book FOUR tickets per Supporter ID.

Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis and we cannot guarantee tickets to all who apply. Seats will be unreserved.

Parking
      Parking is available to book free of charge and subject to availability when booking your event ticket(s).
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 585 posts | 32 
      Re: Annie road test event
      Reply #1: Aug 14, 2023 01:35:36 pm
      I've booked tickets for me and my lad but not sure if I can actually be bothered going.

Did anyone go to the main stand events?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,338 posts | 779 
      Reply #2: Aug 14, 2023 04:35:00 pm
      Anfield is gearing up for its first game of the season. As part of the phased opening of the new expanded Anfield Road Stand, there will be numerous test events.

The first will be on Tuesday August 15 and Liverpool FC season ticket holders and members are invited to take part. Tickets are free of charge and will be available on a first come, first served basis.

This event is an important part of the matchday preparation and the phased opening of the new Anfield Road Stand, which, when complete, will increase Anfield’s capacity from 54,000 to 61,000.

During this event the aim is to test the building, systems and management plans and there will be times where attendees will be asked to co-operate in some important tests. These include staying for the full duration of the event, using the welfare facilities, testing entry and exit procedures and a fire alarm evacuation at the end.

LFC Foundation will be hosting a community match play-on-pitch activity throughout and discounted refreshments will be available on the concourse.

Here is all the information you need to know ahead of the event.

Timings (BST)
      6pm - Turnstiles open
      7pm - Event starts
      7.20pm - Half-time
      7.40pm - Second half
      8pm - Event finishes
      How to book tickets
      Season ticket holders, seasonal hospitality members and Official Members can book tickets free of charge online now.

Eligible supporters can book FOUR tickets per Supporter ID.

Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis and we cannot guarantee tickets to all who apply. Seats will be unreserved.

Parking
      Parking is available to book free of charge and subject to availability when booking your event ticket(s).
      So the club needs a crowd to attend this event in order for it to test and pass all the safety protocols. Why then are the refreshments not free of charge instead of discounted? By turning up you are providing a valuable service, surely the club can afford to give you a cup of tea, beer, pies etc. pro gratis...gratis coming from the latin for favour.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #3: Aug 15, 2023 10:55:00 pm
      £6 for 2 hot dogs and 2 fantas so not bad.
      How the concourse has been done looks great but outside looks a long way off being complete
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1796 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4: Aug 17, 2023 09:12:00 am
      How did this go ?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,300 posts | 766 
      Reply #5: Aug 17, 2023 10:30:35 am
      £6 for 2 hot dogs and 2 fantas so not bad.
      How the concourse has been done looks great but outside looks a long way off being complete
      Wow that's cheap
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,252 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6: Aug 17, 2023 06:52:12 pm
      Reported on Look North on the bbc the contractors have gone bust….it never rains
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #7: Aug 17, 2023 07:01:01 pm
      Reported on Look North on the bbc the contractors have gone bust….it never rains

FSG's fault. Skinflints.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #8: Aug 17, 2023 09:50:36 pm

Inside the concourse was exactly the same but big sections of the wall taken out to make an entrance to the old road which I guess will have programme / drink stalls. Looked good. No restricted views at the back as the roof is now gone.
      Outside looks a long way off but I'm no building expert and I guess that can all be done at any point.
      Hopefully today's news doesn't delay the full opening too long.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1796 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #9: Aug 18, 2023 06:52:08 am
      Inside the concourse was exactly the same but big sections of the wall taken out to make an entrance to the old road which I guess will have programme / drink stalls. Looked good. No restricted views at the back as the roof is now gone.
      Outside looks a long way off but I'm no building expert and I guess that can all be done at any point.
      Hopefully today's news doesn't delay the full opening too long.

Cheers. Sounds good. Apart from this delay. But I'm sure that will be sorted.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #10: Aug 18, 2023 12:44:12 pm
      3 years with a membership that has gotten me 0 tickets. When I finally got close in the ballot (157 on the waiting list), they only released tickets up to position 110. Had this thing been completed, this membership would've finally been worth something. Just my luck
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #11: Aug 18, 2023 05:02:26 pm
      Keep trying Diego, members sales are hard work but you can get them.
      I've just been blocked trying though. Anybody any idea how long the block lasts?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #12: Aug 19, 2023 08:08:28 am
      The situation is an absolute disgrace.

2 years to build this thing, 2 extra weeks to get it done at the beginning and end of the seasons, and it's still not ready. It's already been delayed by a year due to the big sneeze, and before that for the original planning permission. What the hell was keeping them? It's one modest size stand they were asked to build, not exactly renovating the Bernabeu from top to bottom. 😡 No wonder it's taken them as long as it has to build the swimming pool down by the Docks.

I suppose the new target is to get it fully operational for the derby in a couple of months time. Can't be having people missing out on that one now, can we?
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #13: Aug 27, 2023 01:42:11 pm
      Quote from lfc across the water
      No wonder it's taken them as long as it has to build the swimming pool down by the Docks.

I just want to apologise for the quote there, if anyone found the above comment insensitive, given the development that happened.

It was not my intention to upset anyone about it,
      I was not aware of the incident before the post was made. And when our crowd gave a minute of appreciation at our game, I didn't join in, as I didn't know what it was about. Now of course I do know what happened, so I am sorry if anyone was upset by the timing of the comment above.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,260 posts | 8582 
      Reply #14: Sep 17, 2023 06:12:19 pm
      The situation is an absolute disgrace.

2 years to build this thing, 2 extra weeks to get it done at the beginning and end of the seasons, and it's still not ready. It's already been delayed by a year due to the big sneeze, and before that for the original planning permission. What the hell was keeping them? It's one modest size stand they were asked to build, not exactly renovating the Bernabeu from top to bottom. 😡 No wonder it's taken them as long as it has to build the swimming pool down by the Docks.

I suppose the new target is to get it fully operational for the derby in a couple of months time. Can't be having people missing out on that one now, can we?

I just want to apologise for the quote there, if anyone found the above comment insensitive, given the development that happened.

It was not my intention to upset anyone about it,
      I was not aware of the incident before the post was made. And when our crowd gave a minute of appreciation at our game, I didn't join in, as I didn't know what it was about. Now of course I do know what happened, so I am sorry if anyone was upset by the timing of the comment above.

The whole post is F***ing insensitive, not just because of the Evertonian workie who lost his life but how about all the F***ing workers/subcontractors whose livelihoods were messed about because the contractor went into administration.

It's F**k all to do with the club - but I find your whole tone as F***ing whinging for no F***ing reason. Get a F***ing grip!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6953 
      Reply #15: Sep 17, 2023 08:19:56 pm
      The fella retracted his post. It is done.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #16: Sep 26, 2023 10:15:05 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      how about all the workers/subcontractors whose livelihoods were messed about because the contractor went into administration.

I find your whole tone as whinging for no reason. Get a grip!

The administration event was the last 6 weeks of a 3 year process. It should not take 3 years to build a stand.

And yes, I am entitled to whinge about it. Because the longer we're waiting, the more demand there is on the current capacity, and the more difficult it is for most of us to get tickets for games. Admittedly something you never have to worry about, but the current ballot process is a shambles. Yes there is a new crowd that say they will finish it, but the upper tier still resembles a building site. At the current rate of progress, that stand won't be ready by the end of this season.

Quick Reply