Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Mohammed Salah >> Al Ittihad

Read 22875 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: Mohammed Salah >> Al Ittihad
      Reply #391: Sep 02, 2023 06:11:43 pm
      SKy is just a comedy channel a parody of what it used to be before they decided they need to get with the ditch the old boys brigade. I swear I saw someone on a match commentary this afternoon  that was a spitting image of Aunt Sally . No wonder Geoff Stelling left . That show last night was just a joke.
      C:\Users\johns\Pictures\20230902_131055.jpg
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2023 06:43:41 pm by waltonl4 »
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #392: Sep 02, 2023 06:16:55 pm
      Idk.....? I dont want to lose Mo but if the $251M bid is real. That's hard to turn down. It could be used in signing a big time player like Mbappe. If he's interested.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #393: Sep 02, 2023 06:22:13 pm
      Idk.....? I dont want to lose Mo but if the $251M bid is real. That's hard to turn down. It could be used in signing a big time player like Mbappe. If he's interested.

MBappe wants double or more what Mo is on now. There simply isnt a replacement for Mo regardless of the price. We would have to adjust to life without him and there is no guarantee JĂźrgen would be given that money to use.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #394: Sep 02, 2023 06:34:19 pm
      MBappe wants double or more what Mo is on now. There simply isnt a replacement for Mo regardless of the price. We would have to adjust to life without him and there is no guarantee JĂźrgen would be given that money to use.

Can you point to examples of sales proceeds not being put back into the club during Jürgen’s tenure?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #395: Sep 02, 2023 06:40:59 pm

Klopp has always been given any money used from sales to purchase replacements- why would that stop
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #396: Sep 02, 2023 06:45:33 pm
      Can you point to examples of sales proceeds not being put back into the club during Jürgen’s tenure?

Klopp has always been given any money used from sales to purchase replacements- why would that stop

Walt not saying FSG  wouldn’t, just no guarantee. If/when Salah does go for an extraordinary amount of money I wouldn’t be surprised if any owners would keep some back for shareholders.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #397: Sep 02, 2023 06:49:02 pm
      Walt not saying FSG  wouldn’t, just no guarantee. If/when Salah does go for an extraordinary amount of money I wouldn’t be surprised if any owners would keep some back for shareholders.

Why would they 🤷‍♂️ never have done before and the club doesn’t work that way. Which “shareholders” are you talking about

When we sold Coutinho for extraordinary money where did it go
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #398: Sep 02, 2023 06:50:19 pm

If there’s “no guarantee” it must be because there have been instances where sale proceeds were not put back into the club. Otherwise, it means they’ve always put proceeds back into the club, making his statement inaccurate.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #399: Sep 02, 2023 07:09:17 pm
      Why would they 🤷‍♂️ never have done before and the club doesn’t work that way. Which “shareholders” are you talking about

When we sold Coutinho for extraordinary money where did it go

Shareholders/Owners. Basically mean the same thing but get your point. I’ll ask the same question! Why wouldn’t they?  This is an unprecedented amount for a player passed his best years now, granted still playing well though.  If you got 100 million I could see it all going back into recruitment but even I couldn’t knock the Glazers if they pocketed some for themselves, remember we are dealing with Yanks here.

Certainly wouldn’t compare this sale with Coutinho but that’s my opinion.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #400: Sep 02, 2023 07:10:29 pm
      If there’s “no guarantee” it must be because there have been instances where sale proceeds were not put back into the club. Otherwise, it means they’ve always put proceeds back into the club, making his statement inaccurate.

I don’t think it does, we’re all just second guessing. No one’s knows, just an opinion.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #401: Sep 02, 2023 07:15:05 pm
      Shareholders/Owners. Basically mean the same thing but get your point. I’ll ask the same question! Why wouldn’t they?  This is an unprecedented amount for a player passed his best years now, granted still playing well though.  If you got 100 million I could see it all going back into recruitment but even I couldn’t knock the Glazers if they pocketed some for themselves, remember we are dealing with Yanks here.

Certainly wouldn’t compare this sale with Coutinho but that’s my opinion.

It’s simple why they wouldn’t - because they haven’t done before and it’s not how they run the club

It’s fully self sufficient so any money from sales goes into club funds

And of course you can compare the Coutinho sale - it’s the exact same situation

Don’t compare how the glazers act to how FSG act - it’s vastly different
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #402: Sep 02, 2023 07:19:43 pm

For one, ManU is a public entity while Liverpool is not. Imagine being a ManU shareholder and in 5 years you’re 5% down from your investment ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #403: Sep 02, 2023 07:22:30 pm
      It’s simple why they wouldn’t - because they haven’t done before and it’s not how they run the club

It’s fully self sufficient so any money from sales goes into club funds

And of course you can compare the Coutinho sale - it’s the exact same situation

Think you've forgotten money talks, especially this transfer window. all hypothetical anyway so no debate, least for now.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #404: Sep 02, 2023 07:27:25 pm
      Think you've forgotten money talks, especially this transfer window. all hypothetical anyway so no debate, least for now.

Not forgotten anything - facts show exactly what’s happened in the past and that’s what will happen in the future- it’s how the club is run , if Salah was sold for £200mil - the whole £200mil would be added to the transfer budget
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #405: Sep 02, 2023 07:29:56 pm
      Not forgotten anything - facts show exactly what’s happened in the past and that’s what will happen in the future- it’s how the club is run , if Salah was sold for £200mil - the whole £200mil would be added to the transfer budget

We shall see.

Back to topic......
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #406: Sep 02, 2023 07:37:09 pm

do you own f***in homework ffs another FSG devotee to the defence of billionaires.
      2017 NET SPEND - ÂŁ21.85mil
      2018 NET SPEND -ÂŁ17.80mil
      2019 NET SPEND -ÂŁ40.10 mil
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2023 07:44:04 pm by waltonl4 »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #407: Sep 02, 2023 07:43:23 pm
      do you own f***in homework ffs another FSG devotee to the defence of billionaires.

When you make a claim and someone challenges it I would expect you to be able to answer it

But to help you out - there is no examples so your claim is nonsense, like most of your drivel
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #408: Sep 02, 2023 07:43:29 pm

As expected when asked to support your claim you deflect  :lmao:
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #409: Sep 02, 2023 07:49:57 pm

You need to do better and think things through, though.

FSG has many owners and partners, so any sum of money taken out of the club simply to be shared amongst FSG members would be insignificant to them by the time it got split amongst all the partners, given they are all millionaires many times over.

Lebron James is a billionaire himself. Do you think 2% of any sum taken out of the club is going to be of any significance to him?

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #410: Sep 02, 2023 07:55:47 pm

You have no way of accurately saying where that money would go , unless your on the board that is , it could go to paying down the loan they lent the club out of the goodness of their hearts , not saying it will but hypothetically it could ,
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #411: Sep 02, 2023 07:57:59 pm

FSG has many owners and partners, so any sum of money taken out of the club simply to be shared amongst FSG members would be insignificant to them by the time it got split amongst all the partners, given they are all millionaires many times over.

Lebron James is a billionaire himself. Do you think 2% of any sum taken out of the club is going to be of any significance to him?

Would that be all them millionaires who won’t spent a penny of their own on something they own , them millionaires you mean , the ones we are told are not cash rich , then ones you mean .
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #412: Sep 02, 2023 07:59:03 pm
      You have no way of accurately saying where that money would go , unless your on the board that is , it could go to paying down the loan they lent the club out of the goodness of their hearts , not saying it will but hypothetically it could ,

Evidence clearly shows that the money the club earns from player sales goes towards players coming in - how often have people complained and cried about sell to buy and now all of a sudden the money won’t go towards buying players

We sold Coutinho for £140mil - that money could have gone to paying for stands etc etc - so why didn’t it ?

Why would the club suddenly change how they work ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #413: Sep 02, 2023 07:59:22 pm

Not sure I do as we’re basically forming a opinion, like you I don’t know but respect what you’re saying.  You maybe right, you maybe wrong.

Quick Reply