Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson Becker
      45 (54.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      20 (24.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      4 (4.8%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      1 (1.2%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (2.4%)
      Luis Diaz
      3 (3.6%)
      Cody Gakpo
      4 (4.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.4%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Oct 04, 2023 07:37:58 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21648 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,164 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #828: Oct 01, 2023 07:52:04 am
      The match should be replayed. Simple as.

Plenty of precedents in European Football.

The laws of the game were not applied correctly.

If that was the case JD we’d be getting a lot of the matches replayed. Heads will roll but won’t make you lads feel any better. It’s a very sad day for the game we all love.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #829: Oct 01, 2023 08:03:57 am
      If that was the case JD we’d be getting a lot of the matches replayed. Heads will roll but won’t make you lads feel any better. It’s a very sad day for the game we all love.

If Arse finished above us by a point would that make our little wager null & void, we we’re winning that last night, we we’re going top and Matip would not have a OG against him !!

Not trying to get out of it but it will influence our final league position??

What you say Fatty ? 🤪
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,579 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #830: Oct 01, 2023 08:34:45 am
      Jokes
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 2846 
      Reply #831: Oct 01, 2023 09:18:23 am
      The most disillusioning game in a long time

Really questions why I even follow football so closely to be honest
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #832: Oct 01, 2023 09:35:03 am
      I think most sane fans can take a loss when your team gives its all and plays for the shirt , but blatant cheating by officials is a whole new ball game , losses feel bad but this feels a whole lot worse heads should surely roll for this but they won’t
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #833: Oct 01, 2023 09:52:12 am
      I pay nearly £100 to BT and SKY and I only watch sport on these channels they need to drag the EPL in and tell them to sort this out its making a laughing stock of the game. The best league in the world thats a joke its Sunday league officiating at best and Howhard Webb needs to go along with the muppets in stockley park yesterday. The club needs to the put pressure on the FA/EPL or all we will get is an apology and it will happen again and again. ALso the way the Jones RED card was set up on the monitor to show his contact is appalling . How the F**k can Jürgen challenge for the league with these decisions going on game after game
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #834: Oct 01, 2023 10:21:56 am
      VARgate rumbles on. It's one thing saying they cheated, it's another proving it.

Solly Atwell territory. "Lets look at the facts as I see them." Ass Ref clearly signals offside. It's so close has to be checked by VAR ref England. Now BBC report that "Correct procedure was followed..lines were drawn."...and that the issue was what England then said to Simon Hooper.

What was said to Hooper is crucial to getting to the bottom of this. Hooper has to get the decision from VAR. So if England knew it was onside, he has to say.."Check complete Onside award a goal"....if he just said "Check complete" and Hooper thinks the offside stands...then England has to intervene and correct the situation. That miscommunication can happen but it's easy to correct it.

England can clearly see the restart is NOT FROM THE CENTER CIRCLE....it's restarted with a free kick. The FA have to release a transcrip of what was said to...RESTORE TRUST IN THE VAR SYSTEM....if they don't we'll know IT STINKS.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #835: Oct 01, 2023 10:23:41 am
      I wonder at what point Lawyers will get involved when you can prove a loss due to the incompetence of an organisation then if you miss the CL by a point the loss is significant financially and these top clubs invest huge amounts of money only to be undone by poor officiating and it not being addressed.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 842 posts | 302 
      Reply #836: Oct 01, 2023 10:24:05 am
      The VAR was incompetent. Everyone is focusing on the offside decision but VAR also showed the ref the most biased and incriminating still photo they could find for Jones red card.

The ref was also terrible, the decision to give Jota his first yellow card was especially awful but there were multiple other bad decisions.

But I think we should also highlight Spurs. Everyone is talking about how good they are, how they are brave to play an attacking game since Ange became manager.
      I thought that they were a bunch of cheating, diving cowards. They were only able to create a few decent chances in the game and needed an own goal to beat 9 men. We could have beaten them with 10 men.

We got some terrible decisions at Spurs a few years ago and it's happened again.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,913 posts | 435 
      Reply #837: Oct 01, 2023 10:27:50 am

Thought as much. Why on earth should this fella be allowed to continue his job? These are now well paid professionals performing in the biggest game of the weekend to 100s of millions across the globe and this idiot isn’t concentrating on the game. What was he doing furiously swiping right on Tinder? He quite clearly wasn't concentrating on the F***ing game and then compounded the total F**k up by not correcting his decision when it became clear they werent kicking off from the centre circle.

Again though this also rolls back to Howard Webb who has demanded the process be done quicker.

It would be nice to get it to a quicker stage but the absolute paramount issue is getting the decision correct.

Change is needed in personel, their processes and their mind set.

Webb was always going to try and appeal to the gallery who were calling for less VAR interference and quicker outcomes. Unfortunately over 3 or 4 seasons in trying to appeal to that section of the fan base he will create an environment where accuracy is negatively impacted in the pursuit of speed and huge flash points will inevitably pop up.

Basically England must go, Webb must change and stop his sycophantic courting of media accolades he's chased throughout his entire career or f**k off and the rules should allow for corrections to be made so that even if Spurs kick back off they can go back and rectify a mistake.

If the story is to be believed what on earth must England and his F***ing assistant in the truck have been feeling when play kicked back off with a F***ing free kick 30 yards away from the F***ing centre circle. Their jaws and arses must have hit the deck. Yet they couldn't correct the record because process doesn't allow it.

Don't like to see anyone lose their job but not sure this can be accepted and allowed to blow over. If it happened at the AFCON we'd all be pointing and sneering. It's worse than anything seen in that.

Truly pathetic. Just beyond belief how bad that is.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #838: Oct 01, 2023 10:28:54 am
      The VAR was incompetent. Everyone is focusing on the offside decision but VAR also showed the ref the most biased and incriminating still photo they could find for Jones red card.

The ref was also terrible, the decision to give Jota his first yellow card was especially awful but there were multiple other bad decisions.

But I think we should also highlight Spurs. Everyone is talking about how good they are, how they are brave to play an attacking game since Ange became manager.
      I thought that they were a bunch of cheating, diving cowards. They were only able to create a few decent chances in the game and needed an own goal to beat 9 men. We could have beaten them with 10 men.

We got some terrible decisions at Spurs a few years ago and it's happened again.

Jones was pulled back before his tackle that alone was a foul and had he not been pulled back he would have had more control of the ball its just very very bad Refereeing again. Our defence has had some sh*t thrown at it but they were awesome yesterday and never panicked and it was only tired legs that caused Joel to score that OG. Hope Anfield becomes a very very noisy place for every decision that goes against us from now on
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,524 posts | 224 
      Reply #839: Oct 01, 2023 10:29:09 am
      A full audio transcript should be released for the red card and the goal

To me it felt like for the red card, hopper painted a picture he wanted to show rather than showing it properly which is not objective

Then for the goal, did he try to correct his mistake ?

It just all looks on purpose is my point, he wanted to screw Liverpool and did so twice big time
      Harrisimo

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #840: Oct 01, 2023 10:31:48 am
      I wonder at what point Lawyers will get involved when you can prove a loss due to the incompetence of an organisation then if you miss the CL by a point the loss is significant financially and these top clubs invest huge amounts of money only to be undone by poor officiating and it not being addressed.

Don't think M'learned friends will be getting involved. But the FA have to release the transcript of what VAR England actually said to Hooper and for England to give a genuine reason for not quickly correcting the decision.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #841: Oct 01, 2023 10:31:52 am

It's true, especially when the incompetence has been admitted to.  These decisions can cost clubs a lot of money. 
      Fair enough, there are close calls, things that can go either way.  But the officiating yesterday was a complete and utter disgrace, and if heads don't roll after it, they never will.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #842: Oct 01, 2023 10:37:04 am
      Also sick and tired of the ref going over to the sideline to review the monitor, because whenever they do that, you know whatever they had already decided will be overturned. Whats the point.  Still shaking my head over the Jones red. It wasn't pretty but he wasn't out of control and there was no malice, foot literally bounced over the top of the ball.
      Harrisimo

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #843: Oct 01, 2023 10:47:12 am
      Blatantly obvious they are going to call it an "unfortunate human error"...and it's claimed procedure was followed.

We are calling out England over it and he only has TWO choices...TWO DECISIONS AVAILABLE TO HIM.

1, CHECK COMPLETE ONSIDE AWARD A GOAL
      2  CHECK COMPLETE OFFSIDE GOAL DISALLOWED

Could also in certain cases add...player in offside position and interfering with play but the two decisions above cover all eventualities.

If he sees Hooper hasn't heard properly, which I'm sure can happen he has to quickly correct Hooper ASAP.

FA have to RELEASE THE TRANSCRIPT TO RESTORE TRUST IN VAR.....

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,164 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #844: Oct 01, 2023 10:56:06 am

If Arse finished above us by a point would that make our little wager null & void, we we’re winning that last night, we we’re going top and Matip would not have a OG against him !!

Not trying to get out of it but it will influence our final league position??

What you say Fatty ? 🤪

😂 Officially it should be no but the good guy ( some tell me 😂  ) yes I will  Billy. It’s not the way I would like to win our bet.

Official, if Arsenal’ pip you lot by 1 point our bet void. 👍
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #845: Oct 01, 2023 11:10:44 am
      Need to mic the officials and broadcast the discussion, be less worried about slowing the game down and focus on making the correct decision instead.

Bob the footage on a big tv for the stadium to see instead of it appearing to be so secretive.

There was talk of automated offside, where’s that gone?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,164 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #846: Oct 01, 2023 11:30:57 am
      Need to mic the officials and broadcast the discussion, be less worried about slowing the game down and focus on making the correct decision instead.

Bob the footage on a big tv for the stadium to see instead of it appearing to be so secretive.

There was talk of automated offside, where’s that gone?

I think there’s every chance that may happen in the current days, transparency needed.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,408 posts | 797 
      Reply #847: Oct 01, 2023 11:38:28 am
      The defence wins all day long "Human error"....they never have, and never can guarantee there will be no mistakes.
      Brian57953956
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #848: Oct 01, 2023 11:41:12 am
      Take VAR away and goal is disallowed and we have 11 men. We probably go on to win. VAR is ruining/has ruined the game.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,913 posts | 435 
      Reply #849: Oct 01, 2023 11:48:06 am
      It would have been a short sketch if Darren England went into the shop for fork handles and came out with four candles because the F***ing divvy would just pay for them and take them home rather than clarifying what he actually meant.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #850: Oct 01, 2023 11:50:05 am
      I think there’s every chance that may happen in the current days, transparency needed.

Only way to hold people accountable and would cause players to show more respect knowing they’re being broadcast too. Albeit it’s akin to rugby, it’d work better for all in my opinion.

Quick Reply