Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Is English officiating corrupt?

Read 71658 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,478 posts | 823 
      Re: Is English officiating corrupt?
      Reply #966: Feb 25, 2024 09:16:22 pm
      The randomness of whether VAR intervenes or not makes it redundant. The Var officials have seen that incident, over and over and they can see the foot planted on the ankle.... it had to be referred to the ref to review it on the monitor. Anything where a player is leaving the pitch on a stretcher must by policy be reviewed. Maybe we need a system like cricket where each coach gets 2 calls per game that makes the ref review it?
      Poor officiating all round.
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2024 09:39:49 pm by Longy-Shops »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,417 posts | 1437 
      Reply #967: Feb 25, 2024 10:01:17 pm
      The randomness of whether VAR intervenes or not makes it redundant. The Var officials have seen that incident, over and over and they can see the foot planted on the ankle.... it had to be referred to the ref to review it on the monitor. Anything where a player is leaving the pitch on a stretcher must by policy be reviewed. Maybe we need a system like cricket where each coach gets 2 calls per game that makes the ref review it?
      Poor officiating all round.

Have suggested this. Works in Cricket. VAR is so inconsistent and accusations abound. 2 appeals but only red card and penalty disputes allowed. Given the interference of technology etc the clubs via the skipper should have a say.

It's an obvious and fair solution. They might not like the fact that appeals would take away their power to influence. Control freaks.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #968: Feb 25, 2024 10:05:53 pm
      The VAR call today to chalk off the first VVD goal left me gobsmacked. Never seen that before. No one appealed it, the ref didn’t notice it, neither did the commentary team. Will we see another goal chalked off in this way again? We’d be talking about this decision for several days had we not won the game. It will inevitably be brushed under the carpet now. It was a truly dreadful decision.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,478 posts | 823 
      Reply #969: Feb 25, 2024 10:23:41 pm
      The VAR call today to chalk off the first VVD goal left me gobsmacked. Never seen that before. No one appealed it, the ref didn’t notice it, neither did the commentary team. Will we see another goal chalked off in this way again? We’d be talking about this decision for several days had we not won the game. It will inevitably be brushed under the carpet now. It was a truly dreadful decision.
      Had it counted (correctly) there would never have been a debate, I've heard a few explanations for it and I'm still non the wiser.
      Shocking in the true sense of the word.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2871 
      Reply #970: Feb 25, 2024 10:29:43 pm
      I know people will say the tackle wasn't high but Caicedo's challenge was a clear red for me. He clearly meant to do Gravenberch and ended up putting in a challenge that could rule him out for months - straight red. Most of the 'high' challenges you see that end in reds would never cause as much damage as that Caicedo tackle.

The disallowed goal was truly astonishing though. I bet we won't see a goal ruled out for that for a good few years.
      Harrisimo

• 8,417 posts | 1437 
      Reply #971: Feb 25, 2024 10:31:54 pm
      The Boss had something to say about the Caicedo tackle on Gravernberch. Said " game is too quick for the Refs.."  Caicedo crunched Graver, then Cody was upended and Kavanagh waved play on.

To be fair the ankle stamp was very fast and the Ref might've had a bad angle. But still VAR should've sent him to the monitor. (that is supposed to be their purpose ). Almost every game is littered with examples of Refs seemingly ignoring clear foul play against us.

How can Maguire get away with a blatant studs showing leg breaker, yet Jones gets red for skimming accidentally over the ball. Not claiming Refs are bent or all against us, just seems like it.
      Harrisimo

• 8,417 posts | 1437 
      Reply #972: Feb 25, 2024 10:33:55 pm

It was VAR looking, searching for a reason to send the ref to the monitor. The integrity of the game is under threat because of decisions like this. It was clear bias,
      Harrisimo

• 8,417 posts | 1437 
      Reply #973: Feb 25, 2024 10:37:51 pm
      I know people will say the tackle wasn't high but Caicedo's challenge was a clear red for me. He clearly meant to do Gravenberch and ended up putting in a challenge that could rule him out for months - straight red. Most of the 'high' challenges you see that end in reds would never cause as much damage as that Caicedo tackle.

The disallowed goal was truly astonishing though. I bet we won't see a goal ruled out for that for a good few years.

Just wait till we get to the FA Cup Final..
      Harrisimo

• 8,417 posts | 1437 
      Reply #974: Feb 25, 2024 10:43:32 pm
      Sky will plonk Sniville in front of a camera..review it till he can justify the goal being disallowed..It'll be.."I think...It was..and I think..blah blah...I think..."

He'll use the pronoun I, at least 50 times.
      Harrisimo

• 8,417 posts | 1437 
      Reply #975: Feb 25, 2024 10:49:28 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyTbzBLJOkg&ab_channel=Dan1s

There was absolutely no blocking and Endo was not interfering with the play in any way. It was bias. As I said the integrity of the game has been undermined. And a Chelsea defender had hold of VVD's shirt as he headed the ball. How the HELL WAS THAT A CLEAR AND OBVIOUS ERROR...THE REF AWARDED THE FRIGGIN GOAL.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,251 posts | 1227 
      Reply #976: Feb 25, 2024 10:53:07 pm
      Ref had an absolute shocker with the shithouse of a challenge by Caicedo going without so much as a yellow despite requiring a delay and a stretcher for our player. Virgil's 1st goal was just as baffling. As soon as VAR started their check and told Kavanagh to check the monitor there was only ever one outcome..and I still don't understand the rationale for it. Then you have the people in commentary trying to find ways of justifying what to everyone else looks like a stupid decision.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #977: Feb 25, 2024 10:55:57 pm
      That was the first time VAR has been used in the cup this year and it was a right fck up , along with the ref , how the fck that caicedo stayed on the pitch was a fckin miracle, pure bias today by that c**t of a ref , should have been a yellow in the sixth minute for the tackle on mccalister alone
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 849 posts | 303 
      Reply #978: Feb 25, 2024 11:23:46 pm

To be fair mate Colwill complained to the Ref immediately after the goal went in. Not saying it should be disallowed, Endo just stands still and does nothing but it gave the VAR an excuse to disallow it.

Tackle on Gravenberch was terrible,looks bad and should have been a red card.
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2024 11:37:50 pm by gazred »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #979: Feb 26, 2024 02:31:57 am
      If you don't think it is, get yer head out yer arse!

Was blatant as blatant could be..... just the yellow cards were proof of corruption enough. Caicedo should have had 3 yellows that Butcher c**t, got nothing!!!
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,528 posts | 224 
      Reply #980: Feb 26, 2024 06:28:44 am
      At first I said the tackle was a yellow and I was quite sure

But looking at it again, caicedo isn’t even looking at our player, he’s looking the other way but leaves his foot in studs first
      That is surely reckless and dangerous  to another player 

I heard car said he slipped ? Bollocks, he wasn’t looking and simply had no control
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts | 50 
      Reply #981: Feb 26, 2024 08:13:41 am
      Wasn’t it Burnley away when Elliot’s goal was disallowed because of a technical offside because salah blocked the keepers view? Seems that type of offside is reserved for us
      Harrisimo

• 8,417 posts | 1437 
      Reply #982: Feb 26, 2024 09:02:09 am
      The point is taking into account all the biased decisions against us is that the integrity of the game has been compromised and few could argue it hasn't been.

The disallowed goal was clearly a concocted decision. If they check every headed goal with a fine toothed comb they will find numerous minor infractions of the rules. But they select which goals will be subject to this criteria.

The game is compromised.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #983: Feb 26, 2024 09:05:49 am
      After that refs performance yesterday the is no doubt they are corrupt
      Harrisimo

• 8,417 posts | 1437 
      Reply #984: Feb 26, 2024 09:15:32 am
      John Brooks was the VAR ref. He sent off VVD...very iffy decision. Few other issues as well.

The situation now is that the VAR Ref has too much power. They can almost rule out any goal were it's a header from a free kick or a corner as there is always some minor infraction of the rules. Same with red cards.

The VAR refs now decide the result, or have a major impact.The only good thing to come out of VAR is the offside decisions and that's done by technology.

It's a screw up. The system needs reform.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 452 
      Reply #985: Feb 26, 2024 09:17:27 am

To be fair we seen it 2 years ago when Matips goal was ruled out in the Carabao Cup final against Chelsea too. Van Dijk was offside and blocking.

I didnt share people's views on it yesterday. I think the call was technically correct but a touch pedantic.

https://youtu.be/g7sChDH07Uk?feature=shared

The final yesterday with Chelsea having a goal ruled out for a tight offside, us for a technical offside both sides missing huge chances was so similar to 2 years ago.
      Harrisimo

• 8,417 posts | 1437 
      Reply #986: Feb 26, 2024 09:24:48 am
      To be fair we seen it 2 years ago when Matips goal was ruled out in the Carabao Cup final against Chelsea too. Van Dijk was offside and blocking.

I didnt share people's views on it yesterday. I think the call was technically correct but a touch pedantic.

https://youtu.be/g7sChDH07Uk?feature=shared

The final yesterday with Chelsea having a goal ruled out for a tight offside, us for a technical offside both sides missing huge chances was so similar to 2 years ago.

But VVD didn't block anybody...he actually stood still and had no part in the goal..ditto Endo yesterday. They can rule out almost any goal with corners and free kicks as it's a contact sport and it gives them the power of veto and they can pick and choose when they use it.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #987: Feb 26, 2024 09:30:06 am
      To be fair mate Colwill complained to the Ref immediately after the goal went in. Not saying it should be disallowed, Endo just stands still and does nothing but it gave the VAR an excuse to disallow it.

Tackle on Gravenberch was terrible,looks bad and should have been a red card.

Fair enough i didn't spot that, happens every game though doesn't it, i'll bet we never hear or see of it again though.

I didn't think the caicedo challenge was a red myself, it was a yellow all day for me.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #988: Feb 26, 2024 09:39:30 am

It wasn't him marking Van Dijk though and he was not going to stop the header. It was the commentators claiming that Chilwell wasn't supposed to be marking him, and only did so because Endo blocked Colwill. Nonsense. It was Colwill on Endo and Chilwell on VVD.

So whilst Endo was marginally offside, and yes he blocked Colwill, he did nothing to impact the goal.

Quick Reply