Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson Becker
      5 (9.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      7 (13.2%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      2 (3.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      34 (64.2%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (3.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: Oct 12, 2023 03:55:56 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 11925 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Oct 08, 2023 04:07:25 pm
      Not to defend the referee here but I don't believe it's as clear cut as some are saying. Brighton's number 5 is on the line. Szobo is leaning over and without the tug is probably rolling that over with his weight going the other way so he's not blasting it. It's not inconceivable and totally believable that the Brighton player on the line clears in that situation
      Yeah mate I get that, I’m certainly not saying it’s blatant but then neither was Jones’ last week, or Van Dijk’s a few weeks back or McAllisters before that. Just seems the decisions are going against us more often than not.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 49 
      Re: LIVE: Brighton v Liverpool
      Reply #415: Oct 08, 2023 04:07:59 pm
      Not many positives from today sadly.
      Grav looked good.
      Salah his normal goal machine.
      Dom excellent.

Feel for Macca as he obviously is struggling in that position and doesn't look like he's enjoying his football.
      Diaz had poor game
      Robbo needs a long look at himself.
      Oh and they should have been down to 10 men
      tight bas**rds fsg leave us shortin games like this,man city win it at a canter
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,267 posts | 282 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #416: Oct 08, 2023 04:08:10 pm
      Can’t blame losing games on players for missing sitters, especially when winning 2-1. Need to cut out the dodgy passing and decisions that cost equalisers, that’s the problem. Got to be better at game management
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,088 posts | 2116 
      Reply #417: Oct 08, 2023 04:08:13 pm
      I’m glad other are seeing the diaz issue, he needs to start delivering. For example if we had mane today of old, he would have had at least a goal of not two imo

Without salah, we have no out and out scorer who is ruthless

Yeah we win that with Mane.

He's costing us big time is Diaz. Huff and puff isn't good enough at this level. I'm not asking him to be Mane but he could at least get to Kuyt's level of playing. But he isn't.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,524 posts | 224 
      Reply #418: Oct 08, 2023 04:08:27 pm
      Double jeopardy is for attempts to play the ball gone wrong. Not for deliberately pulling someone back who's about to score.

I think it’s also when you are trying to tackle the player in a proper attempt that’s not cynical. To me it looked like he was trying to win the ball and went overboard with the pulling as usually everyone pulls a little

I’m more disappointed in vvd and Robertson. Vvd cost us the first goal and Robertson the second with poor decision making
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #419: Oct 08, 2023 04:09:42 pm
      I think it’s also when you are trying to tackle the player in a proper attempt that’s not cynical. To me it looked like he was trying to win the ball and went overboard with the pulling as usually everyone pulls a little

I’m more disappointed on vvd and Robertson. Vvd cost is the first goal and Robertson the second with poor decision making
      Is that in the rule book?
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 156 
      Reply #420: Oct 08, 2023 04:10:01 pm
      Brighton were getting bullied by europa league teams left and right and ate 6 goals in the league. They are not as good as last season and we seem to love gifting teams free easy goals.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,913 posts | 435 
      Reply #421: Oct 08, 2023 04:10:21 pm
      Yeah mate I get that, I’m certainly not saying it’s blatant but then neither was Jones’ last week, or Van Dijk’s a few weeks back or McAllisters before that. Just seems the decisions are going against us more often than not.

It is pretty blatant and it was 100% deliberate. Will be a story that. Not like last week but still a wrong call.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 2846 
      Reply #422: Oct 08, 2023 04:11:16 pm
      To be fair Endo hasn't looked out of place when called upon.

Pretty clear Klopp doesn’t really rate him though. If he did he’d be starting games like today’s rather than Mac who’s looking increasingly hopeless in that position.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,524 posts | 224 
      Reply #423: Oct 08, 2023 04:11:26 pm

I’m not sure but I always thought that

If it was a cynical pull back and no attempt to play the ball, then it’s different
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,913 posts | 435 
      Reply #424: Oct 08, 2023 04:12:14 pm

Yeah it is tbf. If its an attempt to play the ball and results in a pen then double jeopardy kicks in and the player stays on the field.

Pulling someone who's about to shoot on goal 8 yards out is a red.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #425: Oct 08, 2023 04:12:14 pm

Pulling being the key word here.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #426: Oct 08, 2023 04:12:37 pm
      Yeah it is tbf. If its an attempt to play the ball and results in a pen then double jeopardy kicks in and the player stays on the field.

Pulling someone who's about to shoot on goal 8 yards out is a red.
      It’s not mate look at what I just posted.

EDIT: sorry didn’t read the full post, rookie mistake m. We’re in agreement.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 2846 
      Reply #427: Oct 08, 2023 04:12:40 pm

I’m more disappointed in vvd and Robertson. Vvd cost us the first goal and Robertson the second with poor decision making

The rules literally say that pulling someone back is not a genuine attempt to play the ball.

It was another in a long list of farcical decisions against us.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #428: Oct 08, 2023 04:13:39 pm
      So Robbo can’t play that ball on his right foot in case of an og.

So what the F**k is he doing there ?
      why isnt he out where mo was and mo in there 🤷‍♂️
      And following free kick, same position !
      Clearly not learning are we .
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,524 posts | 224 
      Reply #429: Oct 08, 2023 04:14:17 pm
      It’s important to look at the bright side

We are 3rd, and we have improved loads from last season and had a very difficult start

Next 4 games are Everton, forest and Brentford at home with Luton away in the middle

Get 12 points and that’s an incredible start we made and we will do it, I’m sure of it before we play city

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #430: Oct 08, 2023 04:14:31 pm
      We should buy some dmf...thats costing us big time.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,524 posts | 224 
      Reply #431: Oct 08, 2023 04:14:59 pm

Pulling being the key word here.

He was challenging for the ball and pulling
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #432: Oct 08, 2023 04:15:26 pm
      Diaz's goal rate is about 1 in 3, but apparently that's a problem for some.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #433: Oct 08, 2023 04:15:31 pm
      Tired looking first half. Better shape SH but still not good enough. We used to kill off teams when we got the upper hand. Had them for 10-15 mins or so second half and we just didn't nail it down.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #434: Oct 08, 2023 04:15:42 pm
      Another international break followed by a 1230 kick off
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #435: Oct 08, 2023 04:17:22 pm
      He was challenging for the ball and pulling

Dom"s neck was connected to the ball ?
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,524 posts | 224 
      Reply #436: Oct 08, 2023 04:17:24 pm
      Diaz's goal rate is about 1 in 3, but apparently that's a problem for some.

I think he’s made a slow start this season and has been wasteful with the chances he’s had this season

Quick Reply