Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Premier League clubs to vote on scrapping VAR

Read 954 times
      chats, Rush and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,789 posts | 892 
      Re: Premier League clubs to vote on scrapping VAR
      Reply #46: Yesterday at 03:48:27 pm
      Of course VAR should be scrapped but with human nature City will win the league every year.

Brown envelopes carry a lot of sway.

It's the same now mate. The officials are paid off to favour the big boys with VAR.
      Harrisimo

• 8,367 posts | 1414 
      Reply #47: Yesterday at 03:50:12 pm
      I've said before that they didn't need this overly complicated system. One pitch side monitor. Two, possibly three appeals per team. Only for penalties and red cards. Ref goes to monitor, checks all the angles, gives the decision. Some will say..' ah but the ref won't want to contradict himself '.

Oliver for example said the Doku studs up on Mac's was a 'coming together'...now the VAR ref went along with that for some unkown reason and it wasn't really reviewed.

Now lets say VVD appealed it. There's no way Oliver, having looked at all the angles could claim it was a coming together. So under the system I'm promoting the Ref HAS to review it. Under their system there's no guarantee they'll review it and mistakes can't be corrected.

And it's the blatant mistakes that are being accepted by VAR. And that's the nub of the problem.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #48: Yesterday at 04:43:00 pm
      Lots "F**k VAR " being sung this weekend then just to remind owners how fans feel
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,919 posts | 438 
      Reply #49: Yesterday at 05:57:20 pm
      Never ever happening I'm afraid. Var here to stay.

Needs improving big time. The directive not to re referee the game not a good one. Some referees are that bad it needs re refereeing.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,602 posts | 1509 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #50: Yesterday at 08:42:06 pm
      If it does stay, it's the one area of life I wouldn't mind AI taking over completely. For something that is meant to iron out human error, there is a lot of human error happening...
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,424 posts | 803 
      Reply #51: Yesterday at 09:07:03 pm
      If it does stay, it's the one area of life I wouldn't mind AI taking over completely. For something that is meant to iron out human error, there is a lot of human error happening...
      It is impossible for VAR to 100% iron out human error, at best it may reduce or minimise it. If it stays, you have to accept it will be fallible and many judgements will remain contentious and unresolved. We are a million years away from AI being able to moderate a football match (in real time)...in much the same as it is a million years away from plumbing in a toilet.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,602 posts | 1509 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #52: Yesterday at 09:12:02 pm
      It is impossible for VAR to 100% iron out human error, at best it may reduce or minimise it. If it stays, you have to accept it will be fallible and many judgements will remain contentious and unresolved. We are a million years away from AI being able to moderate a football match (in real time)...in much the same as it is a million years away from plumbing in a toilet.
      Then get rid of it.

I’d rather have more real time mistakes being made if it means I get the ability to celebrate a goal again… if there’s going to human errors no matter what, get rid of the option that drains the joy from the game in my opinion.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,424 posts | 803 
      Reply #53: Yesterday at 09:29:33 pm
      Then get rid of it.

I’d rather have more real time mistakes being made if it means I get the ability to celebrate a goal again… if there’s going to human errors no matter what, get rid of the option that drains the joy from the game in my opinion.
      Totally agree with you, it has completely diluted the match experience and needs to go....now.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #54: Yesterday at 09:50:11 pm
      The improved decision making is bollix and typical of people who need to produce stats because they simply cannot understand that football is an emotional game and not an accounting exercise
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,424 posts | 803 
      Reply #55: Yesterday at 10:44:02 pm
      Lots "F**k VAR " being sung this weekend then just to remind owners how fans feel
      I can't imagine there's anything less likely to engage the mind of a multi-millionaire football club owner, than the rules of the game, or how those rules might be interpreted.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,718 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #56: Today at 06:26:17 am
      The issue is not VAR but how they use it and WHO use it.

They should be full time VAR not one day referee and the other day on VAR duty.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,180 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #57: Today at 08:36:09 am
      The issue is not VAR but how they use it and WHO use it.

They should be full time VAR not one day referee and the other day on VAR duty.

Many say the same thing including myself. However, until they sack those running  VAR  nothing will change. We need new blood/officials coming in from Europe.   
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 163 posts | 15 
      Reply #58: Today at 08:56:17 am
      Work out how many points VAR has cost us this season... add it to our points total... I'll leave that right there.
      And we're not the only one's.

How can we as a club defend the very system that has taken potential title winning points of us IN ERROR!?!

It stinks, the Ref's stink and it needs to go - here's our chance.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #59: Today at 10:27:16 am
      Jürgen would vote to scrap it. As they won't get tid of the people running it .
      Don't watch his last interview without a tissue to hand...now it's real he is leaving. Gave the best reference to the people of Liverpool I have ever heard
      Harrisimo

• 8,367 posts | 1414 
      Reply #60: Today at 12:01:33 pm
      It's an ill thought out system and will carry on giving numerous wrong decision.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 789 posts | 133 
      Reply #61: Today at 02:05:43 pm
      Jürgen said in his presser that the people using VAR are not capable of using it properly and as you can’t change the people, he would vote to scrap it...... YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,180 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #62: Today at 02:23:46 pm
      Jürgen said in his presser that the people using VAR are not capable of using it properly and as you can’t change the people, he would vote to scrap it...... YNWA

Pretty much my stance.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,424 posts | 803 
      Reply #63: Today at 02:42:41 pm
      It would be interesting to know what he means by "Using it properly" Are there set guidelines for how it is supposed to be implemented that are being ignored, either in error or deliberately? I presume he means the operators are just inconsistent and lack knowledge.
      Harrisimo

• 8,367 posts | 1414 
      Reply #64: Today at 03:25:38 pm
      The real issue is that the Captain should be able to appeal the decision. The ' clear & obvious' error is too, well error prone. Accident waiting to happen territory. We would've appealed 'Doku' straight away.

So giving the captain 2 possible 3 appeals does away with the ludicrous C & O error nonsense. Just for penalty or ref cards. Offside decision will be decided by technology.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,180 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #65: Today at 04:56:39 pm
      The real issue is that the Captain should be able to appeal the decision. The ' clear & obvious' error is too, well error prone. Accident waiting to happen territory. We would've appealed 'Doku' straight away.

So giving the captain 2 possible 3 appeals does away with the ludicrous C & O error nonsense. Just for penalty or ref cards. Offside decision will be decided by technology.

A bit like cricket, more time consuming but no one seems bothered about that these days. Obviously the  captain will have so many seconds before he’s counted out. However, tricky to implement. The opposition could play/carry on within a nano nano second 🤷‍♂️

Quick Reply