Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Pre Match - Man City VS Liverpool KO 12:30 Sky Sports

Read 7380 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Pre Match - Man City VS Liverpool KO 12:30 Sky Sports
      Nov 22, 2023 08:51:32 am
      Missed the footie last week, internationals bore the hell out of me!

Quite excited for this one if I’m being honest, feel we can do em and if memory serves me right they’re missing quite a few through injury?

This is our shot to pip them to top of the league and we can resurrect that thread again! :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Subject to them being fit albeit I’d prefer Macca up with Dom!
      NB: Team no longer available

3-1 Redmen
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1796 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Pre Match - Man City VS Liverpool KO 12:30 Sky Sports
      Reply #1: Nov 22, 2023 08:59:20 am

Quite excited for this one if I’m being honest, feel we can do em and if memory serves me right they’re missing quite a few through injury?

This is our shot to pip them to top of the league and we can resurrect that thread again! :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

3-1 Redmen

I dont think any south Americans will start apart from Ali. They will more likely come on for last 30mins.

So maybe start with something like this.

--------------- Ali -------------
      - Gomez - Matip - VVD - Kostas -
      ------------ Trent -----------------
      ---- Sobo -------- Jones ----------
      --- Salah ------ Gapko --- Jota ----

Super subs.. Nunez, macca, Diaz, Elliott, kostas, Endo, grav, konate etc...
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,300 posts | 766 
      Reply #2: Nov 22, 2023 09:25:25 am
      We all hate International breaks, but back to "real" footie. Heart says the Reds, but my head says a draw 2  2 a point would be quite acceptable.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #3: Nov 22, 2023 10:07:58 am

3-1 Redmen

All city's lads will be fit. This 'injury crisis' happens everytime we play them.

Not a fan of Gakpo in midfield. I'd play him in the false 9 to help out in midfield and link the play. Maybe go with Harvey alongside Dom.

Assuming Jones is injured again and Grav isn't fit in going with Harvey. If fit id go with Grav next to Dom because until Jürgen buys a no6 Mac is stuck there.

Darwin and Diaz from the bench.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #4: Nov 22, 2023 12:28:07 pm
      I dont think any south Americans will start apart from Ali. They will more likely come on for last 30mins.

So maybe start with something like this.

--------------- Ali -------------
      - Gomez - Matip - VVD - Kostas -
      ------------ Trent -----------------
      ---- Sobo -------- Jones ----------
      --- Salah ------ Gapko --- Jota ----

Super subs.. Nunez, macca, Diaz, Elliott, kostas, Endo, grav, konate etc...

Trent as the holding midfiielder haha you will reel a few in with that one. ☺️

Don77

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #5: Nov 22, 2023 12:28:45 pm
      Manchester's own Chris ' rodri didn't handball in the last minute at goodison' kavanagh will take charge of Manchester City V Liverpool on Saturday. Born 3.5 miles from etihad stadium.

The same Mr Kavanagh who ignored kanes leg breaking lunge on Robertson and then ignored a clear pen on jota all the while being in cahoots with our other Manchester friend Paul Tierney who also ignored said incidents and later working together and sending Robertson off in the same match. Somewhat fortunately, Tierney isn't on var. But there's still time.

Embarrassing.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #6: Nov 22, 2023 01:12:20 pm
      It's a shame it's the first game of the weekend because a Sunday 4pm would likely mean a start for the in-form Gomez. Mac also played 90 minutes last night for Argentina so i wonder how fit he will be to play. Interesting decisions will be whether Tsimikas gets the start at LB (for me he should because we need that balance) and has Endo done enough to earn a start in midfield given that Mac will be travelling for 14 hours prior to the game. I think Gakpo probably starts as the 9, i'm not a big fan of him in midfield to be honest. I think this will be our 11.

Ali

Trent                Konate             VVD             Tsimikas

Mac            Jones

Szobo

Salah                 Gakpo              Jota
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1796 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Nov 22, 2023 02:12:37 pm
      Trent as the holding midfiielder haha you will reel a few in with that one. ☺️

l o l

could be Jones tbf or Endo depending how fit, but honestly cant see it being macca after his last lunchtime performance after int. break. :(
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1796 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8: Nov 22, 2023 02:13:18 pm
      We all hate International breaks, but back to "real" footie. Heart says the Reds, but my head says a draw 2  2 a point would be quite acceptable.

we dont all hate them actually.

We all hate 12.30 KO' after them. l o l
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #9: Nov 22, 2023 02:20:53 pm
      It's a shame it's the first game of the weekend because a Sunday 4pm would likely mean a start for the in-form Gomez. Mac also played 90 minutes last night for Argentina so i wonder how fit he will be to play. Interesting decisions will be whether Tsimikas gets the start at LB (for me he should because we need that balance) and has Endo done enough to earn a start in midfield given that Mac will be travelling for 14 hours prior to the game. I think Gakpo probably starts as the 9, i'm not a big fan of him in midfield to be honest. I think this will be our 11.

Ali

Trent                Konate             VVD             Tsimikas

Mac            Jones

Szobo

Salah                 Gakpo              Jota

Id like to see Harvey start instead of Jones. Just because he brings so much energy to the game. Be nice to see him use that to get us ahead, instead of him coming on  late when we're chasing games. Jones could come on later to help see the game out.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #10: Nov 22, 2023 02:30:43 pm
      Manchester's own Chris ' rodri didn't handball in the last minute at goodison' kavanagh will take charge of Manchester City V Liverpool on Saturday. Born 3.5 miles from etihad stadium.

The same Mr Kavanagh who ignored kanes leg breaking lunge on Robertson and then ignored a clear pen on jota all the while being in cahoots with our other Manchester friend Paul Tierney who also ignored said incidents and later working together and sending Robertson off in the same match. Somewhat fortunately, Tierney isn't on var. But there's still time.

Embarrassing.

So there must be a decent ref from the Home Counties, to who it wouldn't make any difference which of us won. If there is to be a winner, it's going to effect the London sides the same, whichever one it is, as it will with a draw !

The only difference would be travelling costs and an overnight stay. Surely the integrity of football is worth that ?

Kavannah is one of the poorest refs anyway, to give him games of this magnitude is just piling more pressure on him, which he clearly can't handle.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,654 posts | 3922 
      Reply #11: Nov 22, 2023 03:13:19 pm
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #12: Nov 22, 2023 03:53:32 pm
      Nunez could be vital here.His pace and aggression on the counter could be a match winner. I'd start him.

Ali - Joe Matip VVD Kostas - Trent - Szobo Macca Jones - Nunez Mo.

Trent can release Nunez. Bit defensive but we have to have the numbers back.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,300 posts | 766 
      Reply #13: Nov 22, 2023 03:56:41 pm
      we dont all hate them actually.

We all hate 12.30 KO' after them. l o l

Fair point, although you might be less happy with them if you lived in Wales. btw go along with you, about 12.30 kick offs!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1796 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Nov 22, 2023 04:09:04 pm
      Fair point, although you might be less happy with them if you lived in Wales. btw go along with you, about 12.30 kick offs!

Play offs still there for wales, got every chance.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,300 posts | 766 
      Reply #15: Nov 22, 2023 05:08:21 pm
      Back on topic, simply hope the Reds come away with all three points, against City who are certainly not unbeatable as shown this season.
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #16: Nov 22, 2023 06:04:07 pm
      730AM kick off is rough, but worth the early morning. Win and go clear on top. Let's do it
      rossyred

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #17: Nov 22, 2023 07:48:15 pm
      Jota Nunez and Mo up top . Anyone's guess what midfield.willl be be Dom the only guaranteed starter for me. Trent and Virg and then any two from Ibou ,Gomez,Matip and Tzimikas
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #18: Nov 23, 2023 02:01:44 am
      730AM kick off is rough, but worth the early morning. Win and go clear on top. Let's do it
      I'm actually cutting my beach trip short a night early. Gonna load the baby up in the car around 9pm (in hopes she sleeps the whole way home). Get in bed by 2am and then up just in time for the 730am kick off. American problems  ;)
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2023 05:40:04 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #19: Nov 23, 2023 03:00:01 am
      We need to win these games if we want to win the league. The fuckers know we mean business, it’s the reason why half of them dropped out of international duty to give them a weeks prep. We need to keep it tight due to our standard lethargic approach to early kick offs, and let the shackles off with 15 mins to go.

Ali
      Trent    Matip     Virgil    Tsimikas
      MacAllister
      Szoboslai   Elliot
      Salah      Nunez     Jota
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,654 posts | 3922 
      Reply #20: Nov 23, 2023 08:49:32 am
      We need to win these games if we want to win the league. The fuckers know we mean business, it’s the reason why half of them dropped out of international duty to give them a weeks prep. We need to keep it tight due to our standard lethargic approach to early kick offs, and let the shackles off with 15 mins to go.

Ali
      Trent    Matip     Virgil    Tsimikas
      MacAllister
      Szoboslai   Elliot
      Salah      Nunez     Jota

Good comment, if we get through the first half and not concede - then it’s on!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1796 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #21: Nov 23, 2023 09:34:31 am
      The team will depend how the south American's feel, if they are still jet lagged, they will be on bench.

Cant see wee harvey starting as he played a lot of minutes with Ungurland u21s.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #22: Nov 23, 2023 10:02:17 am
      Hopefully Nunez and Salah get plenty of rest on the flights back and combine together for a few goals at the weekend.

Quick Reply