Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

Pre Match - Man City VS Liverpool KO 12:30 Sky Sports

Read 7494 times
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,935 posts | 284 
      Re: Pre Match - Man City VS Liverpool KO 12:30 Sky Sports
      Reply #46: Nov 23, 2023 09:30:08 pm
      730AM kick off is rough, but worth the early morning. Win and go clear on top. Let's do it

Try 4:30am on the West Coast! ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #47: Nov 24, 2023 05:55:17 am
      Can this be true? It would not shock me in the slightest if it was.

https://twitter.com/centregoals/status/1727796902966567255?t=KADnL2i9twQ_-h1oqRjW-Q&s=19
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #48: Nov 24, 2023 06:26:51 am

No surprise that they cheat whenever it suits them.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,622 posts | 1115 
      Reply #49: Nov 24, 2023 08:33:27 am

Absolute shock horror. Ruled out midweek and all training on Thursday.  They've just had a nice rest.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,721 posts | 3941 
      Reply #50: Nov 24, 2023 09:58:53 am
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,381 posts | 1542 
      Reply #51: Nov 24, 2023 11:10:32 am
      oh yeh and no recognised dm 🤣🤣
      Come on be realistic son,i love the club ss much as you ,but he was left short in trsnsfer window agsin for games like this

But was he left short, or following the Caceido nonsense, did he actually have time to target another option other than Endo ? Has he got a target lined up for Jan ?

You can't blame the owners for every shortcoming when you're not privy to the internal discussions and agreements.

You could rear up on my missus for not buying the booze I like, when you wouldn't know if id told her to get something different.
      It's all conjecture unless you're talking with those within the inner circles, I get your frustration, like all of us, but its not always what it looks on the outside.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,381 posts | 1542 
      Reply #52: Nov 24, 2023 11:14:35 am

This is just what we needed. Saves Jürgen a pep talk (excuse the pun) pre match. Just show the lads this. That'll raise their determination a few notches.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 49 
      Reply #53: Nov 24, 2023 11:25:31 am
      But was he left short, or following the Caceido nonsense, did he actually have time to target another option other than Endo ? Has he got a target lined up for Jan ?

You can't blame the owners for every shortcoming when you're not privy to the internal discussions and agreements.

You could rear up on my missus for not buying the booze I like, when you wouldn't know if id told her to get something different.
      It's all conjecture unless you're talking with those within the inner circles, I get your frustration, like all of us, but its not always what it looks on the outside.
      just stating facts about the fixture,owners are irrelevant,i personally think were short to go and win there,hope im wrong,up the reds
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,967 posts | 5023 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #54: Nov 24, 2023 01:24:24 pm
      Trent as the holding midfiielder haha you will reel a few in with that one. ☺️

Dunno mate, Trent as a six isn’t the worst idea, he’s capable for sure reads the game well can obviously pass, only his defensive frailties go against it and against City he’ll get exposed, so Trent as a six isnt a bad shout but Not against this lot, would he be any worse than Macca??
      Maybe Joe as a six would be more apt, arguably he defends better than both Trent & Macca, he can also read the game well but his passing isn’t as accurate, plenty food for thought until Andre arrives in Jan, so far though our defensive stats are the best in the league so no one can say it’s our weak spot, or it isn’t working!!

I’m hoping Grav is good to go, him Szlobo with either Macca or Harvey would be my midfield, with Diaz, Jota & Mo up top, hold Nunez back, then release him on 70mins, let him run riot on tired legs and minds, don’t listen to the usual bullshit mind games of Haaland being injured , is he F**k, he didn’t play Vs Scotland cos Pep probably demanded he didn’t, De Bruyen being fit smells of the same sh*te,

This isn’t nor was ever a title decision fixture, but what it will or should tell us how far we’ve come from last season, the ultimate test if you will of Klopp pt2, a indication of the progress we’ve made thus far, fact is we should be top, and knowing that the league doesn’t lie, you would think that would be enough of a sign we have indeed turned a corner, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever we can’t go to and turn these frauds over, they’re still a well oiled machine but it has its gremlins and are certainly not invincible the media seem to believe,

The early KO hasn’t been kind to us to say the least, maybe this is a deliberate ploy, who knows but this will be our 15th 12.30 KO, with Spuds on 7, the next closest, can’t be right that however you look at it ??

Anyhoo….I’m thinking this….

Alisson
                                    Trent  Matip  Virgil  Gomez
                                                   Macca
                                         Gakpo             Szlobos
                                       Salah     Jota       Diaz

Flipped a coin over Gakpo & Elliot, while Elliot provides more energy, I’d be equally happy with Gakpo for his physicality rather than his flair, also he’s more of a goal threat, so went with him, if Grav is indeed fit it’s a no brainer,
      Jota thru the middle for me is more of a threat than from the left, and Nunez with his pace & power will prove a major headache for a tired City defence late on.

2-3 Mighty Redmen

YNWA

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,381 posts | 1542 
      Reply #55: Nov 24, 2023 05:11:55 pm

Dunno mate, Trent as a six isn’t the worst idea, he’s capable for sure reads the game well can obviously pass, only his defensive frailties go against it and against City he’ll get exposed, so Trent as a six isnt a bad shout but Not against this lot, would he be any worse than Macca??
      Maybe Joe as a six would be more apt, arguably he defends better than both Trent & Macca, he can also read the game well but his passing isn’t as accurate, plenty food for thought until Andre arrives in Jan, so far though our defensive stats are the best in the league so no one can say it’s our weak spot, or it isn’t working!!

I’m hoping Grav is good to go, him Szlobo with either Macca or Harvey would be my midfield, with Diaz, Jota & Mo up top, hold Nunez back, then release him on 70mins, let him run riot on tired legs and minds, don’t listen to the usual bullshit mind games of Haaland being injured , is he F**k, he didn’t play Vs Scotland cos Pep probably demanded he didn’t, De Bruyen being fit smells of the same sh*te,

This isn’t nor was ever a title decision fixture, but what it will or should tell us how far we’ve come from last season, the ultimate test if you will of Klopp pt2, a indication of the progress we’ve made thus far, fact is we should be top, and knowing that the league doesn’t lie, you would think that would be enough of a sign we have indeed turned a corner, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever we can’t go to and turn these frauds over, they’re still a well oiled machine but it has its gremlins and are certainly not invincible the media seem to believe,

The early KO hasn’t been kind to us to say the least, maybe this is a deliberate ploy, who knows but this will be our 15th 12.30 KO, with Spuds on 7, the next closest, can’t be right that however you look at it ??

Anyhoo….I’m thinking this….

Alisson
                                    Trent  Matip  Virgil  Gomez
                                                   Macca
                                         Gakpo             Szlobos
                                       Salah     Jota       Diaz

Flipped a coin over Gakpo & Elliot, while Elliot provides more energy, I’d be equally happy with Gakpo for his physicality rather than his flair, also he’s more of a goal threat, so went with him, if Grav is indeed fit it’s a no brainer,
      Jota thru the middle for me is more of a threat than from the left, and Nunez with his pace & power will prove a major headache for a tired City defence late on.

2-3 Mighty Redmen

YNWA

Makes for good reading that Billy.
      Personally I'd prefer to see Nunez start up top, and young Harvey in the middle. The two give us so much energy. I agree that's good against tiered legs, but we so often are chasing games late on. Wouldn't it be nice to have all that energy at the start and get ahead, then change to Jota/Diaz and Gakpo/Grav to see the game out

With that, Ive gone 1-3 to the reds.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 49 
      Reply #56: Nov 24, 2023 09:46:11 pm
      Ali
      Tremt
      Virg 
      Matip
      Gomez
      Szobo
      Macca
      Gakpo
      Salah
      Diaz
      Nunez
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,461 posts | 2854 
      Reply #57: Nov 24, 2023 09:48:20 pm
      Surprised so many are sticking Gakpo in the midfield for this one, think starting four attackers away at City is just asking for trouble.

Ali; Trent, Matip, VVD, Gomez; Mac, Dom, Jones; Salah, Nunez, Jota.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 49 
      Reply #58: Nov 24, 2023 09:53:26 pm
      Surprised so many are sticking Gakpo in the midfield for this one, think starting four attackers away at City is just asking for trouble.

hes played 4 there a lot of times and pinned em right in  ,they dont see that at home ever
      Le Gargoyle
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #59: Nov 24, 2023 10:15:37 pm
      Don't play Mo from the start. Let's see what this team are really made off. Prepare them for the future without the absolute icon of the club that is Mo Salah. If it doesn't work, fine. Pop Mo on with 30 to go and watch the game change.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,496 posts | 233 
      Reply #60: Nov 24, 2023 10:32:55 pm
      Cannot get any tougher than these lot. They are on a great run at home and our away form is patchy, and not great in recent games on their patch.

Becker

Alexander-Arnold
      Konate
      VVD
      Gomez

Mac
      Dom
      Jones or Grav

Salah
      Nunez
      Jota

Went for Jota up front as he is just so damn clinical, and we might need to be to get something out of this game. Nunez has to start 100% he could seriously frighten their defence and his understasnding with Salah is really good.

Not sure who to start in midfield from Grav or Jones.

Gomez should start at left full-back. He is faster and stronger than Tsimikas. Joe can be a good counter to any inverted forwards playing against him due to him being right footed.

Game is going to be won on the wide areas. A little bit worried about Alexander-Arnold against Doku potentially.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #61: Nov 24, 2023 11:14:29 pm
      F***ing cu*ts!!!!!

Let's not give a F**k about who's fit or injured for City. Let's focus on our wonderful developing squad who will push them all the way tomorrow.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,674 posts | 1625 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #62: Nov 24, 2023 11:20:15 pm

It'll make it all the more sweeter when we beat them  ;)
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #63: Nov 24, 2023 11:22:53 pm
      Just putting this down to see what it looks like in print..would it work??

Allison

Trent
      Konate
      VVD
      Kostas

Dom
      Macca
      Jones
      Gravenberch

Darwin
      Salah

Ya, a 4.4.2 but with Dom further forward when possible..

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,718 posts | 3724 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #64: Nov 25, 2023 07:51:34 am
      Please make this Birthday weekend memorable. Come on Reds.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #65: Nov 25, 2023 08:05:48 am
      All their players suddenly recovered,you couldn't make it up,gonna be tough,i feel we just have to have a go and score more than them,if we sit back we will get beat.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,718 posts | 3724 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #66: Nov 25, 2023 08:35:07 am
      If we are spot on with right mentality, we can beat them.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #67: Nov 25, 2023 08:44:26 am

Don't think will be far off got a feeling Jones will play with Mac and Dom. Ibou for me though I worry with Doku against Trent and Konates extra pace vital
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,461 posts | 2854 
      Reply #68: Nov 25, 2023 09:18:31 am
      Don't think will be far off got a feeling Jones will play with Mac and Dom. Ibou for me though I worry with Doku against Trent and Konates extra pace vital

Yeah that centre back is a bit of a toss up for me. Konate pace would suit us but Matip has been in better form this season.

Quick Reply