Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson Becker
      14 (24.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      11 (19.3%)
      Ibrahima KonatƩ
      3 (5.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      5 (8.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Wataru Endo
      18 (31.6%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Darwin NĆŗƱez
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      3 (5.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.8%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.8%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Dec 21, 2023 06:25:22 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 11616 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Dec 17, 2023 06:57:51 pm
      Honestly, i am a disappointed as everyone else here, but some of the comments here are going bit too far. Take a breath, and see that table. We are one point behind Arse. You know there were two teams on the pitch today, the scum were there too. They came for a draw, they parked the bus and they defended well.

I know its frustrating, but not every draw or loss is a end of the world. We dropped two points, and that is all. 

Exactly.  What really winds me up is this notion we have played sh*t all season and are still at the top.   I'm not saying we have been brilliant in every game, but we were very good all things considered to the Spurs game then we got totally robbed by the officials it hit our momentum which for me is understandable considering we had a brand new midfield a lot changes happened.    Then we were thrown banana skin after banana skins after every international break,  we were given 4 12:30 kick off all this with silly red cards we fought through all this bull sh*t to get to the top of the pile. 

I'm very optimistic for this season a proper title challenge is on if only we just don't get these spanners thrown in our faces, be it early kicks, or daft decisions by the officials.  And most importantly we need to not get back luck with too many injuries.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,064 posts | 547 
      Reply #346: Dec 17, 2023 07:00:29 pm
      That's absolute bolliox, how many of them shots had you on the edge of your seat or drawing breath, maybe Trent's or Gomez's side netter, can't remember to many where I thought yes that's going on.

How does this contradict what I said?
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #347: Dec 17, 2023 07:04:26 pm
      For sure! If we didn't have him there is no chance we are where we are now...

Aye. Not a good sign that is it.

Mo getting alot of stick today. If he was the worst player in red today that doesn't say much for the rest of them.

Great teams don't rely one one or 2 players to do the bulk of the work. What are we without Salah and Ali? Not much is the answer.

A point was all we deserved today. The result isn't what's f*cking me off. It was a fair result. Its the dross performances served up pretty much every week for 18 months now that's f*cking me off.

This team has no identity. I've said it many times. But I miss those rip roaring starts where we tore into teams ... harried them , pressed them and they couldn't live with us and our intensity and desire. Sooooooo easy to play against now.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #348: Dec 17, 2023 07:05:22 pm
      Went for Endo mom for me not that he was fantastic just wasnā€™t as bad as the rest
      rossyred

• 9,316 posts | 1672 
      Reply #349: Dec 17, 2023 07:16:27 pm
      Just can't believe the poor decision making
      Trying to score from improbable angles TAA and Gomez
      Shooting from.25 yards when option on from Overlap Elliott,Salah Gakpo
      Aimless crossing into box when Nunez off ( A strength we don't play to enough)
      Not sure if panic or over confidence but the amount of wrong decisions we made was the deciding factor
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,477 posts | 823 
      Reply #350: Dec 17, 2023 07:16:52 pm
      Aye. Not a good sign that is it.

Mo getting alot of stick today. If he was the worst player in red today that doesn't say much for the rest of them.

Great teams don't rely one one or 2 players to do the bulk of the work. What are we without Salah and Ali? Not much is the answer.

A point was all we deserved today. The result isn't what's f*cking me off. It was a fair result. Its the dross performances served up pretty much every week for 18 months now that's f*cking me off.

This team has no identity. I've said it many times. But I miss those rip roaring starts where we tore into teams ... harried them , pressed them and they couldn't live with us and our intensity and desire. Sooooooo easy to play against now.
      Early days and mitigating caveats all well and good, but I think deep down we all know the Klopp 2 squad doesn't have the quality of the Klopp 1 squad. Gravenberch, Gakpo....they're not what you would call great...not really being honest.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,933 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #351: Dec 17, 2023 07:21:56 pm
      How Salah is getting singled out is beyond me, he was a bit greedy sure but he was a threat at least.
      Harrisimo

• 8,410 posts | 1432 
      Reply #352: Dec 17, 2023 07:27:54 pm
      Just didn't fall right in their area. Konate turned on one in the box, had that been Jota might've been a different ending. But frustrating day in many ways. No disgrace though. We battle on.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 452 
      Reply #353: Dec 17, 2023 07:28:57 pm
      Its a draw not the end of the world. This some folk got caught up in the narrative of David v Goliath well you'll find this United team cost a lot more money and earns a lot more money than we do. For a billion spent they're happy to sit in their own half, boot it out of play and hope against hope any half decent opposition team they come up against doesn't put them to the sword.

We didn't today and they got their point which they are delighted about.

We should say well done on your point and leave them to it. Until their club realises they can win nothing of any merit doing that they are lost in the modern game.

We move on but we must improve our mentality. We were rushed in everything we did today from minute 1. Less is more sometimes.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,064 posts | 547 
      Reply #354: Dec 17, 2023 07:31:56 pm
      Early days and mitigating caveats all well and good, but I think deep down we all know the Klopp 2 squad doesn't have the quality of the Klopp 1 squad. Gravenberch, Gakpo....they're not what you would call great...not really being honest.

Give them a chance FFS. Gini, Milner n Henderson were all "not good enough" for about their first 2 seasons. (Henderson for about his first 5 seasons, according to the consensus on here.)

Besides which  Gravenberch played pretty well today. Gakpo linked the play well, just wasted a couple of chances. I've seen Firmino play worse many times.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #355: Dec 17, 2023 07:37:49 pm
      We've become so predictable going forward. Every game and all game today. So easy to defend.

Salah and Diaz both guilty. Why oh why do they both keep cutting inside ALL the damn time. 

Youre playing a team that parked the bus and has 9 players in their own box all game. Why would you keep cutting inside INTO all that traffic, makes no sense.

How many times did Diaz or Salah make a run towards the byline and send it across their 6 yard box?  Once i believe , Mo when Darwin just missed the near post tap. 
      United was giving Diaz and Mo space to the byline all night, didn't take advantage. Piss poor tactics. 

Someone needs to explain to Darwin what offside is , coz this is not the first game he has been caught off multiple times when he really didn't need to be.

34 shots or whatever, only VVD's header right at Onana, Ibou shot straight at the keeper. And Trents shot that just curled wide were the only times i even said OOOH Close that.   3 in 90 mins. Unacceptable.

Szobo looks gassed already and it's not even halfway. Elliot must start the Cup game.  2nd half should have came out with Gomez for Endo (even though he was ok today) and Trent straight to midfield.  Hope Grav is not injured, thought he was OK. Elliot should have came in earlier than the 80th min.

Bad day at the office, but it's been coming. We've been toothless up front now for about a month. Really miss Jota in a game like this.

Aw , F**k it.  Cup this week and Arsenal next weekend. They will at least come out to play. Which should give us more space. We'll see. Need a result massively now
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,477 posts | 823 
      Reply #356: Dec 17, 2023 07:39:02 pm
      Give them a chance FFS. Gini, Milner n Henderson were all "not good enough" for about their first 2 seasons. (Henderson for about his first 5 seasons, according to the consensus on here.)

Besides which  Gravenberch played pretty well today. Gakpo linked the play well, just wasted a couple of chances. I've seen Firmino play worse many times.
      Listen I truly hope you're right and I'm wrong. I'm not saying either, or both are rubbish...they just don't give me a sense they will be great.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,728 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #357: Dec 17, 2023 07:54:02 pm
      Gravenberch was alright but got injured :( Dominik needs to improve.

Trent's strike was close enough.

We move on!
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 686 posts | 91 
      Reply #358: Dec 17, 2023 07:55:07 pm
      How does this contradict what I said?
      Just the fact that the 36 shots are skewed stats. A team could have 20 shots from the halfway line but they mean nothing. The big problem today was decision making and execution, it was awful. That's league games now where we have been average at best. Anyway there's a real test next Saturday evening, hopefully it will change all our moods.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,528 posts | 3466 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #359: Dec 17, 2023 08:03:35 pm
      Grav has a hamstring injury
      Harrisimo

• 8,410 posts | 1432 
      Reply #360: Dec 17, 2023 08:08:17 pm
      Top of the league or what.Nobody was deluded into thinking this team will dominate. Before the game a few posts were giving off that we are not good enough. I didn't join in but I was under no illusion, we are not in the frame just yet.

It'a a work in progress, it always is but it's coming along. Nothing is forever in football. Pep knows that,Klopp knows it and so do all the players.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2871 
      Reply #361: Dec 17, 2023 09:05:28 pm
      I said it during the game and Iā€™ll say it again - more I watch this team the more I think itā€™s not one that can win a league yet. Thatā€™s not a problem as I didnā€™t think weā€™d have as many points as we do before a ball was kicked but games like todayā€™s are a bit of a reality check for me. Just feels like weā€™ve probably got a few more points than we deserve to this season and itā€™s not really sustainable to keep overachieving like that.

Probably only Ali, Trent and Van Dijk playing at a title winning level at the moment. Salah numbers good but lacking a bit. The rest of them are well, well off where we need them to be.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 452 
      Reply #362: Dec 17, 2023 09:11:22 pm
      It isn't ideal but be grateful to draw against United and feel angered rather than drawing against Liverpool and thinking Christmas has come early.

Dec 17th and United despite a billion spent are out of all european competition and out of the title picture. Their demise must now surely be cemented?
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #363: Dec 17, 2023 09:14:57 pm
      Itā€™s not just ā€œone of themā€ , we have now attacked absolutely terribly 4 league games in a row. Thereā€™s no patterns to our play. All of them look off. Diaz looks a shadow of what he used to pre injury. He doesnā€™t look like he wants to attempt a dribble let alone complete one. Nunez is absolutely wrecking my head right now.
      Then today, we change the shape (which Iā€™ve been asking for ) and then look absolutely wide open.
      Didnā€™t like the midfield on paper, and it was even worse than I expected.
      The league table looks great. Better than I thought it could this season. But my word weā€™ve gotta improve and fast.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #364: Dec 17, 2023 09:32:00 pm
      Had to watch the replay because I missed it live. Almost wish Iā€™d have not wasted my time. Knew United would play anti-football because they have nothingā€¦.looked like a relegation team today but as typical we struggle against relegation fodder. That was the most uninventive, boring game of football Iā€™ve seen us play for awhile. Trying the same thing over and over and over again with nothing changed up. Subs didnā€™t work (aside from Gomez who I thought was very good) either. We certainly donā€™t look like a table topping team so maybe we are punching above our weight right now.  You canā€™t pass the ball in against a team packed in the box. We needed something different.

Maybe we do need to do some shopping in January. 
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 452 
      Reply #365: Dec 17, 2023 09:37:45 pm
      It's actually crazy looking at our performances this season to see us 1 point off top. I honestly cannot remember 1 good display where I've thought this is just great. 
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2023 09:52:49 pm by __Tickle__ »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2871 
      Reply #366: Dec 17, 2023 09:50:13 pm
      It's actually crazy looking at our performances this season to see us 1 point off top. I honestly cannot remember 1 good display where I've thought this is just great. 

Yeah I'd say Villa home was probably the most complete performance. Forest and Brentford home were the solid, routine home wins you'd expect. Spurs away I actually thought we played well and were the better team before the second red card.

Rest of the games have been a real slog.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 452 
      Reply #367: Dec 17, 2023 09:55:20 pm
      Today I just wished we'd have passed them off the park rather than rushing attack after attack after attack. We needed to show our superiority on them in other ways than just penning them back and running into their brick wall. I feel with a midfield of times gone past for example Gini Hendo Fabinho we'd have done just that.

This all seems very very frenetic and you can see the attacks coming a mile off and it becomes very predictable.

Need a bit more subtlety to our play. We need to relax a bit. 90 minutes is a long time and we seem to blow ourselves out in games looking for goals at every opportunity when sometimes you need to lure teams out before going at them.

Quick Reply