Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson Becker
      14 (24.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      11 (19.3%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      3 (5.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      5 (8.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Wataru Endo
      18 (31.6%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      3 (5.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.8%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.8%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Dec 21, 2023 06:25:22 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10865 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Dec 17, 2023 10:02:30 pm
      Game I was expecting in all honesty, they came for a draw and got it. After last year they were never gonna go adventurous. Frustrating at times, but kept trying to create chances, just the final ball not good enough at times, or some of the efforts were just tame. Move onto next game.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,223 posts | 4418 
      Reply #369: Dec 17, 2023 10:19:31 pm
      We are starting to look like a really slow side up top, Darwin aside but he hasn’t got a clue what to do with his pace. Salah starting to show his age which is understandable and Diaz looking like he’s lost it post injury.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #370: Dec 17, 2023 10:20:25 pm
      Nunez needs to start delivering. When did he last score a goal, he’s 80mill and yes he demonstrates passion and runs fast but at some point he needs to show he can step up and be decisive.

The stupid thing where he stopped running after the ball so he could moan at the ref summed him up a bit really, just lacking in any kind of composure whatsoever
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,650 posts | 3882 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #371: Dec 17, 2023 11:34:37 pm
      Really poor finishing. Should have been 2-0
      You’d fancy Jota to grab a winner if he was fit. Diaz needs to start adding goals to his game
      DanMann

• 5,796 posts | 892 
      Reply #372: Dec 18, 2023 12:58:00 am
      Nunez needs to start delivering. When did he last score a goal, he’s 80mill and yes he demonstrates passion and runs fast but at some point he needs to show he can step up and be decisive.

The stupid thing where he stopped running after the ball so he could moan at the ref summed him up a bit really, just lacking in any kind of composure whatsoever

The ball was going out

Nunez gets criticised for everything. It's ridiculous.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,221 posts | 1109 
      Reply #373: Dec 18, 2023 01:00:01 am
      I may get crushed for this, but I still feel like we're a year away atm and we could use selling Salah as the spring board for a big reload. If you get $150mil for a guy on one year left and he's 32 you would be silly not to take it. Use that money similarly to when Couthinho left and you're ready ro contend on all fronts next season. We just seem to lack and fluidity this season and I think that we are probably a bit lucky to be where we are atm. Sure the Spurs game went against us, but these late wins probably flatter us a bit.

I still think we push Arsenal and City and I think we have a legit chance of winning multiple cup competitions. Just think we need to level up one more rung, and cash flow from an against Salah could help us do that....
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,206 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #374: Dec 18, 2023 05:02:47 am
      I may get crushed for this, but I still feel like we're a year away atm and we could use selling Salah as the spring board for a big reload. If you get $150mil for a guy on one year left and he's 32 you would be silly not to take it. Use that money similarly to when Couthinho left and you're ready ro contend on all fronts next season. We just seem to lack and fluidity this season and I think that we are probably a bit lucky to be where we are atm. Sure the Spurs game went against us, but these late wins probably flatter us a bit.

I still think we push Arsenal and City and I think we have a legit chance of winning multiple cup competitions. Just think we need to level up one more rung, and cash flow from an against Salah could help us do that....

Crushed for a good post?

It’s a win win with Salah, many will be happy to see him stay, many will be happy to receive £150/200 million given his age.

You will push City & Arsenal but like I’ve said all year you’ve just not got that quality in depth like the said two, especially City. KDB will be back soon and so the charge will begin. 🤢

We’ve not even hit the injuries side yet that most clubs go through come January. The worse is round the corner when the noisy neighbours get going.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #375: Dec 18, 2023 05:44:35 am
      The ball was going out

Nunez gets criticised for everything. It's ridiculous.

100% could have got there. And even if it did go out, he should still be trying. He does get criticised but equally, he gets a huge amount of support by fans and at the club. At other clubs he would have been crucified by now.

The expectations of him when he joined was that he was going to be the focal point of our attack - you don’t spend that cash on someone for them to basically be a project player.

Salah is going to AFCON in jan, the likes of Nunez, Diaz and Gakpo all need to start demonstrating they can make consistent contributions besides a handful of nice touches and we’re all just waiting for Salah to come back and bring the goals.
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2023 05:50:34 am by RedWilly »
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #376: Dec 18, 2023 06:21:55 am
      100% could have got there. And even if it did go out, he should still be trying. He does get criticised but equally, he gets a huge amount of support by fans and at the club. At other clubs he would have been crucified by now.

The expectations of him when he joined was that he was going to be the focal point of our attack - you don’t spend that cash on someone for them to basically be a project player.

Salah is going to AFCON in jan, the likes of Nunez, Diaz and Gakpo all need to start demonstrating they can make consistent contributions besides a handful of nice touches and we’re all just waiting for Salah to come back and bring the goals.

We need a striker in Jan. Darwin is not the one, and its not about the game yesterday. Darwin doesnt have ball Control, and thats why he looks clumsy with ball at his Feet. He can still be a decent striker for a Team, that does not have alot of possession, but just play long balls to the striker.

For a team like us we need a striker who trives with the ball. Darwin is a good lad, but he i cant see him scoring 20+ goals every season for us. It doesnt bring me any joy to say that, because he seem like a good lad and he works hard. Unfortunately for a team like Liverpool you need more from a striker.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,596 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #377: Dec 18, 2023 07:18:59 am
      Game I was expecting in all honesty, they came for a draw and got it. After last year they were never gonna go adventurous. Frustrating at times, but kept trying to create chances, just the final ball not good enough at times, or some of the efforts were just tame. Move onto next game.

Agreed
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,727 posts | 3945 
      Reply #378: Dec 18, 2023 08:08:45 am
      West Ham will have a go and so will Arsenal.

Let’s F***ing do this
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,223 posts | 4418 
      Reply #379: Dec 18, 2023 08:15:51 am
      West Ham will have a go and so will Arsenal.

Let’s F***ing do this

Moysey will have seen that Utd almost nicked a win by playing tight and will play the same way.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #380: Dec 18, 2023 08:27:53 am
      Today I just wished we'd have passed them off the park rather than rushing attack after attack after attack. We needed to show our superiority on them in other ways than just penning them back and running into their brick wall. I feel with a midfield of times gone past for example Gini Hendo Fabinho we'd have done just that.

This all seems very very frenetic and you can see the attacks coming a mile off and it becomes very predictable.

Need a bit more subtlety to our play. We need to relax a bit. 90 minutes is a long time and we seem to blow ourselves out in games looking for goals at every opportunity when sometimes you need to lure teams out before going at them.

There was no chance that Utd were gonna be 'lured out'. They set their stall out to sit on the edge of, or in their own box for 90 + mins, with the occasional break. They knew if they were to take us on they'd be hammered, so took the cowards way out.
      Their fans may be happy with a point, but not sure they'd be happy with how they played. I think if we played like it, id be embarrassed, and I'm sure Ten Haag will sign his own termination of contract if he continues with that tactic.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #381: Dec 18, 2023 08:40:29 am
      Salah and Diaz both guilty. Why oh why do they both keep cutting inside ALL the damn time.

Because you have a right footed player on the left and a left footed player on the right. It's as clear as day that they are gonna turn inside onto their strongest foot. If you want them to get to the by line, and continually bang crosses in, they need to swap sides.

I'm sure that just might help tp undo defences sometimes, as if they did swap wings, the opponents just might not be able to turn them round so easy.
      Failing that, we have become predictable, and they are both often forced to turn onto their weaker foot.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,596 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #382: Dec 18, 2023 08:41:40 am
      Imagine being a manky fan just now and putting up with those hodgson style tactics.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #383: Dec 18, 2023 08:44:58 am
      Grav off with a hammy.  we got injuries in all departments now, and starting to stack up in one of the busiest times of the season.
      Worrying times.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #384: Dec 18, 2023 08:53:45 am
      My goodness the neverending shots from distance.

That was a bit grim.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #385: Dec 18, 2023 09:00:57 am

We finished like outside of the cl and have made massive strides

I think only the die hard hopers thought we could win or fight all the way.
      A lot thought we would be fighting for 4th but we have done better and could now fight for the title

It’s obvious we are missing quality, I will say it again, we need to improve our depth a little

Jones for example is way way out of his depth, should be loaned out and see if he can start for a mid table team and kick on imo

We need a cm in jan who can play in likely or a rb and move Trent into midfield but without a pre season in that position, I can see why the boss wouldn’t do it in jan

We were missing players to run down the by line yesterday, It was obvious but we didn’t have the capability to do that really

Now onto salah, the problem you have is he is still a top 10 player in the world and his numbers are mad. If we get that 150m, heck say we get 250m, not that we will but say we do

We can end up buying players a couple of levels below, let’s be honest, Nunez, 80m, he has been quite frankly a poor buy right now, a really poor buy. Yes we all love him but he is as bad as Antony at United in terms of poor buys so far and that is our big issue right now

Diaz hasn’t been the same since injury, so are we going to be able to buy someone who can do what Salah does ?

I say keep him for a year, make our midfield solid and then take it from there the year after. Saudi will always give 100-150m for him. Salah gets a lot of hate when he is the only attacker delivering

Without Salah this season, we would be where United are in the league

Edit, I think Thiago is a big miss, he would be so good in a game like yesterday. We really need to get rid in jan if we can and then bring in a dm who can give us another option to control games and pick better passes. I really hope Mac is back for Arsenal, we will be overrun and destroyed in midfield if he isn’t
      DanMann

• 5,796 posts | 892 
      Reply #386: Dec 18, 2023 10:13:04 am
      Still fuming over that pathetic display yesterday. These lads aren't football fans. They had no pride for the club and clearly lack the elite mentality.

Utd are at their worst and it was simply a case of how many do we want to score? But instead, these lads went out there without a care in the world and could barely string a pass together whilst strolling around the pitch and passing the ball sideways and backwards repeatedly.

Destroy a rival, put down a marker, resume your place at the top of the table? Nope. Couldn't be bothered breaking a sweat. Indefensible waste of time.

Best players on the pitch were Tsimikas and Endo. They tried. Ali would have tried but had nothing to do. The rest were a shambles. Klopp included. Who in their right mind would bring Jones on? Stealing a living that lad. It's a disgrace.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,447 posts | 819 
      Reply #387: Dec 18, 2023 10:24:56 am
      Still fuming over that pathetic display yesterday. These lads aren't football fans. They had no pride for the club and clearly lack the elite mentality.

Utd are at their worst and it was simply a case of how many do we want to score? But instead, these lads went out there without a care in the world and could barely string a pass together whilst strolling around the pitch and passing the ball sideways and backwards repeatedly.

Destroy a rival, put down a marker, resume your place at the top of the table? Nope. Couldn't be bothered breaking a sweat. Indefensible waste of time.

Best players on the pitch were Tsimikas and Endo. They tried. Ali would have tried but had nothing to do. The rest were a shambles. Klopp included. Who in their right mind would bring Jones on? Stealing a living that lad. It's a disgrace.
      You're not far wrong.....I think the players in the main were trying, it was just the lack of ideas, any invention, it was all so monotonous and predictable. Poor result, especially when you factor in United were hammered at home by Bournemouth the week before!
      Don't get me started on Jones.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,471 posts | 2859 
      Reply #388: Dec 18, 2023 10:25:17 am

Because you have a right footed player on the left and a left footed player on the right. It's as clear as day that they are gonna turn inside onto their strongest foot. If you want them to get to the by line, and continually bang crosses in, they need to swap sides.

I'm sure that just might help tp undo defences sometimes, as if they did swap wings, the opponents just might not be able to turn them round so easy.
      Failing that, we have become predictable, and they are both often forced to turn onto their weaker foot.

Don't necessarily agree with that. Mane played from the left but he wasn't afraid of mixing it up and driving down to the byline and using his left foot.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #389: Dec 18, 2023 10:31:10 am
      As much as they wanted a draw we didn’t threat, no movement, no drive a very flat performance and what I find worrying is it has been like that for weeks now, at least we can improve and we’re sitting good at the moment
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,596 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #390: Dec 18, 2023 11:03:03 am
      Grav off with a hammy.  we got injuries in all departments now, and starting to stack up in one of the busiest times of the season.
      Worrying times.

Yea, that was not so cool. Hopefully not out for long.

Quick Reply