Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      6 (8.7%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      24 (34.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      6 (8.7%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      21 (30.4%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (1.4%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (7.2%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: Dec 27, 2023 07:26:09 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10896 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Dec 23, 2023 07:42:30 pm
      Arsenal will be crowned champions tonight by sky
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Reply #369: Dec 23, 2023 07:43:14 pm
      Oh yea and that was a handball 1000%.

There is no excuse for calling that the way it was called.

I expected him to pick it up and dribble past a couple of players
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,090 posts | 2121 
      Reply #370: Dec 23, 2023 07:44:16 pm
      Honestly the quality of our play on the ball right now is so weird. Szoboszlai again absolutely awful. Gravenberch was like a lad out of the crowd had been thrown on. Could barely control the ball. Diaz hugely concerning.

It seems Szoboszlai is the designated scapegoat for this period which is ridiculous really. Sure, his range is a bit off but his physicality and work rate ensures that we are in these games. We're a very hard team to turn over due to his work rate alone.

Bets on the next inexplicable scapegoat with absolutely no rhyme or reason behind it? I'm going Virgil.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,047 posts | 539 
      Reply #371: Dec 23, 2023 07:45:42 pm
      Should have won that 3-1 as should have had a pen plus Trent missed a sitter.

Was a decent performance but we were a bit blunt up front. I defended Diaz after the Man U game, was decent in that, but poor today. Gakpo wasnt great either but we still missed him when he went off cos the ball didnt stick up front with Mo there and we went from dominating possession to struggling to keep it in the last 15 minutes. Likewise we missed Jones when he went off, he'd been getting it in tight areas and turning. Szobo should've gone off instead.

Lot of good performances as well. Back 4 were pretty solid. Virg is back to his old self. Gomez was very good when he came on. Trent good apart from his miss. Jones very good. MOTM was Endo though, didnt put a foot wrong.

Disappointing not to win but it was a decent performance and a draw is not a disaster.

Still think we have a good shot at the title, cos we have sorted the big problems from last season - slack defending and lack of energy in our pressing. Once our forwards hit form we'll be pretty f***in good.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,423 posts | 803 
      Reply #372: Dec 23, 2023 07:45:58 pm
      Gravenberch was lame...lacks energy and therefore lacks mobility. Just didn't look like he can play football...which is a worry.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,090 posts | 2121 
      Reply #373: Dec 23, 2023 07:47:59 pm
      Gravenberch was lame...lacks energy and therefore  lacks mobility. Just didn't look like he can play football...which is a worry.

Lame is an understatement. Looked like he thought he was having a Sunday afternoon kick about in the park. Dire display off the bench that almost cost us. One things for sure - it ensured that we would only get 1 point from this game. Surprised and extremely disappointed in him. 
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,603 posts | 392 
      Reply #374: Dec 23, 2023 07:48:38 pm
      It seems Szoboszlai is the designated scapegoat for this period which is ridiculous really. Sure, his range is a bit off but his physicality and work rate ensures that we are in these games. We're a very hard team to turn over due to his work rate alone.

Bets on the next inexplicable scapegoat with absolutely no rhyme or reason behind it? I'm going Virgil.

Scapegoat? He’s been poor in the last few games. Hardly making him a scapegoat. Diaz has been dire. Am I making him the scapegoat? My word
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,423 posts | 803 
      Reply #375: Dec 23, 2023 07:50:15 pm
      Lame is an understatement. Looked like he thought he was having a Sunday afternoon kick about in the park. Dire display off the bench that almost cost us. One things for sure - it ensured that we would only get 1 point from this game. Surprised and extremely disappointed in him.
      Correction: You're dead right....He was fu*king sh*te
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 995 posts | 69 
      Reply #376: Dec 23, 2023 07:51:27 pm
      Konate my motm by a mile , absolutely superb performance from him. Big shout out to Joe Gomez he did brilliant coming on and playing in the wrong position after the injury.
      Big miss by Trent but it was one of those games that could have gone either way so at least it didn’t spoil the weekend . The subs actually dropped the level so that didn’t seem to work . Salah was better on the wing and maybe Darwin should have gone down the middle . Thought Saka was a little sh*t tonight and how he stayed on the pitch only the referee knows that answer .
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 824 posts | 136 
      Reply #377: Dec 23, 2023 07:51:49 pm
      Think once Mo went to the middle we missed the pressure on Zivchenko.
      Dom may not be at the top of his game but he has an immense work ethic so don't really get all the hate that's getting thrown at him.
      Thought after a great display mid week Curtis wasn't the best.
      Back 4 brilliant and Endo gets MOTM for me. A proper workhorse doing all the non flashy stuff!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,423 posts | 803 
      Reply #378: Dec 23, 2023 07:53:44 pm
      Two points dropped and that hurts ........especially after last weeks debacle. Hate Arteta even than before...if that's even possible
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,090 posts | 2121 
      Reply #379: Dec 23, 2023 07:55:08 pm
      Scapegoat? He’s been poor in the last few games. Hardly making him a scapegoat. Diaz has been dire. Am I making him the scapegoat? My word

No - I'm just saying I don't fully understand it. As you note, there are players like Diaz who deserve a lot more attention on their displays.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,603 posts | 392 
      Reply #380: Dec 23, 2023 07:56:46 pm
      No - I'm just saying I don't fully understand it. As you note, there are players like Diaz who deserve a lot more attention on their displays.

I love Szob. Just fair to say he’s been poor on the ball lately. Sadly our entire attack has been.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,090 posts | 2121 
      Reply #381: Dec 23, 2023 07:57:41 pm
      Think once Mo went to the middle we missed the pressure on Zivchenko.
      Dom may not be at the top of his game but he has an immense work ethic so don't really get all the hate that's getting thrown at him.
      Thought after a great display mid week Curtis wasn't the best.
      Back 4 brilliant and Endo gets MOTM for me. A proper workhorse doing all the non flashy stuff!

I don't think Curtis was too bad. He certainly got stuck in and his presence ensured Dom and Endo were more certain of their own roles. When Curtis went off for Gravenberch...my word did we see one hell of a drop off in midfield. Purely because of the latter's awful display.

I hope to god Jürgen picks up Gravenberch for that display because it was awful - one of the worst displays off the bench I've seen for a long time.
      Tadders

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #382: Dec 23, 2023 07:58:24 pm
      Kostas broken collar bone. You couldn’t make it up
      rossyred

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #383: Dec 23, 2023 07:58:34 pm
      Broken collarbone for Greek surely that's 3 -4 months out  need Robbo back sharpish injuries creeping up need bodies back
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,603 posts | 392 
      Reply #384: Dec 23, 2023 07:59:09 pm
      Broken collarbone for Greek surely that's 3 -4 months out  need Robbo back sharpish injuries creeping up need bodies back

Plus Salah and Endo about to go away. Not good.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,090 posts | 2121 
      Reply #385: Dec 23, 2023 08:00:10 pm
      I love Szob. Just fair to say he’s been poor on the ball lately. Sadly our entire attack has been.

I agree, but at the same time I look at what he's got ahead of him and the foul ups that Diaz, Gakpo are producing and it can't make it easy. Their displays spread doubt and make the others question and over think. Trent's feeling it as well. There were a good few occasions this match and in recent matches where excellent balls by Trent have been reduced to nothing by Diaz and Gakpo.

Nunez likewise but unlike Diaz and Gakpo, when he's on field he's still at least contributing to creating space and chances.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #386: Dec 23, 2023 08:00:37 pm
      The back 4 was solid. TAA added very little offensively, sadly. That miss was appalling.

Endo had a great game, MOTM for me. Jones was having a tidy game, Grav had an absolute stinker when he came on. Szobo was anonymous and not productive in the slightest, but at least he was tracking back, I guess?

Front three was atrocious. Diaz barely looks like a player, Gakpo was inconsequential, and Mo was wasteful with about every chance he had but the goal. Elliot had a good game, although Mo was lost in the middle, and Nunez had no impact on the left.

Out of all of this, our front three is the biggest issue for me. Diaz and Gakpo do not look Liverpool quality. Having 5 forwards and being unable to play a quality front three is incredibly worrying.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #387: Dec 23, 2023 08:01:41 pm
      Kostas broken collar bone. You couldn’t make it up

FFS...oh and that was deffo handball, he dragged it towards him
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,598 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #388: Dec 23, 2023 08:06:15 pm
      Plus Salah and Endo about to go away. Not good.

Gonna miss Endo as much if not more than Mo. Right now he's one of the first names on the teamsheet. With Mac out, we'd have no holder. Saw in 2nd half there how important having control in the middle is.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #389: Dec 23, 2023 08:17:11 pm
      And with Tsimikas suffering a broken collar bone 😱 is Gomez our new left back ( who done a great job today when called upon) or is Robbo imminent for a return ?
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #390: Dec 23, 2023 08:19:22 pm
      Salah has been involved in 51 percent of our goals this season in the premier league

Really worried about how we will cope when he goes

Quick Reply