Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Managerial Shortlist

Read 66081 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #368: Feb 10, 2024 12:20:23 am
      I want JĆ¼rgen to have an abrupt turn around to his decision!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #369: Feb 10, 2024 06:03:49 pm
      Watching Leverkusen v Bayern. It has to be Alonso. Incredible football.

FSG, do whatever it takes really!
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #370: Feb 10, 2024 06:14:38 pm
      I want JĆ¼rgen to have an abrupt turn around to his decision!

I'd love that. But I'm sure his Backroom team have no doubt made plans etc. I'd love it ... but I just don't see it. Anything can happen I suppose but I'd give less than 1% chance
      Harrisimo

• 8,407 posts | 1431 
      Reply #371: Feb 10, 2024 09:25:46 pm
      I'd love that. But I'm sure his Backroom team have no doubt made plans etc. I'd love it ... but I just don't see it. Anything can happen I suppose but I'd give less than 1% chance

Yeah. I don't want him to go but the more I think about it, the more I think maybe...just maybe it's the right time for him to go. So I think with very very deep profound respect I will say he's made the right decision.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #372: Feb 10, 2024 09:33:34 pm
      We need to go hard for Xabi.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #373: Feb 10, 2024 09:38:46 pm
      Watching Leverkusen v Bayern. It has to be Alonso. Incredible football.

FSG, do whatever it takes really!

If Alonso isnā€™t a no brainer then Iā€™m fu**ed if I know what is !

He has taken this side to the periphery of the Bundesliga title, in his first season as manager, I mean ffs, thatā€™s phenomenal is it not, no one knows who FSG have sounded out already but surely tae F**k he has to be in the frame, andā€¦..surely tae F**k they would have sought JĆ¼rgenā€™s advice on who he thinks is best suited to carry on his imperious work these last 8+ years, and will nurture those emerging from the academy,

He will inherit a squad at the beginning of a new era thatā€™s arguably in terms of quality and experience miles ahead of what he has at Leverkusen, perhaps akin to what Pep G had at Barca all those cheque book seasons ago, except Xabi wonā€™t have the same cheque book, but if he can build a side that not only has equalled B Munich but has surpassed them and is now odds on to win the Bundesliga, then what are the possibilities if he arrives here ??

Like i said itā€™s a no brainer, I hope Xabi does indeed win Leverkusen the title, it will mean mission accomplished, and Xabi will obviously be ecstatic, he will feel job done, whatā€™s my next step in my managerial career, well letā€™s just say if Liverpool come calling he wonā€™t be saying NO !!!

YNWA
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 136 
      Reply #374: Feb 10, 2024 10:16:32 pm

If Alonso isnā€™t a no brainer then Iā€™m fu**ed if I know what is !

He has taken this side to the periphery of the Bundesliga title, in his first season as manager, I mean ffs, thatā€™s phenomenal is it not, no one knows who FSG have sounded out already but surely tae F**k he has to be in the frame, andā€¦..surely tae F**k they would have sought JĆ¼rgenā€™s advice on who he thinks is best suited to carry on his imperious work these last 8+ years, and will nurture those emerging from the academy,

He will inherit a squad at the beginning of a new era thatā€™s arguably in terms of quality and experience miles ahead of what he has at Leverkusen, perhaps akin to what Pep G had at Barca all those cheque book seasons ago, except Xabi wonā€™t have the same cheque book, but if he can build a side that not only has equalled B Munich but has surpassed them and is now odds on to win the Bundesliga, then what are the possibilities if he arrives here ??

Like i said itā€™s a no brainer, I hope Xabi does indeed win Leverkusen the title, it will mean mission accomplished, and Xabi will obviously be ecstatic, he will feel job done, whatā€™s my next step in my managerial career, well letā€™s just say if Liverpool come calling he wonā€™t be saying NO !!!

YNWA
      God I hope you're right - although do you think Bayern might want him too??? And there's the sinister guys over at some place called the Bernabua who also might come sniffing round
      (Altho anyone with any sense wouldn't want to go manage them would they?)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #375: Feb 10, 2024 11:26:53 pm
      God I hope you're right - although do you think Bayern might want him too??? And there's the sinister guys over at some place called the Bernabua who also might come sniffing round

Was thinking the same.

If he did get the chance of selecting any of the 3 ....I hope I'm wrong but think he'd go

1. Real Madrid - being Spanish is the major reason why.

2. Us...well ,we all know why and then

3. Bayern ...but what worries me is, that he is already settled in Germany. Would he want to move to another country and uproot his Family this early into his Managerial career?

Come home Xabi!

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #376: Feb 11, 2024 12:16:20 am
      If we offer him the job, I have zero doubt he will choose another club over us.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #377: Feb 11, 2024 12:50:45 am
      I don't know what kind of a man Xabi is.

If he is a normal like average human being then I worry his next station can be Bayern, if they want him.

Potentially he could like to work with BM in the definite one big  team league that guarantee success, for few seasons at least.

Come to Liverpool could be hardest job in the world given our expectation, owners stricts, PG and ManCity money and other strong compettitors.

Even Real Madrid job could be a lot easier than LFC, and I believed he would want to go there eventually.

If Xabi decide to come next season then it show his character of an extremely ambitious and super confident man, which is great and I hope our Xabi is that kind of a man but I daren't say he will.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      Reply #378: Feb 11, 2024 06:23:50 am

Canā€™t rule out he wonā€™t manage RM one day, but isnā€™t that a bridge too far for him at the moment?, heā€™s just cutting his teeth at Leverkusen as a manager and despite the remarkable job he is doing I donā€™t heā€™s quite ready for RM just yet !!

As for Bayern Munich, again possible but, heā€™s just broken a monopoly in a league that is simply a one horse race with the occasional chaser like BvB and obviously Leverkusen, I feel heā€™ll want to work in the biggest and best league on the planet, and who else would he go to in that league, only one stands out for me ?

I dunno mate but I just get the feeling heā€™s already been sounded out, Klopp informed FSG in November, ten weeks ago assumably, and in those ten weeks who have they thought about as JĆ¼rgenā€™s replacement, their due diligence would have them look all over the worlds different leagues to find a suitable candidate, Iā€™m not so sure their list will be very long, do you ??

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      Reply #379: Feb 11, 2024 06:57:58 am
      Was thinking the same.

If he did get the chance of selecting any of the 3 ....I hope I'm wrong but think he'd go

1. Real Madrid - being Spanish is the major reason why.

2. Us...well ,we all know why and then

3. Bayern ...but what worries me is, that he is already settled in Germany. Would he want to move to another country and uproot his Family this early into his Managerial career?

Come home Xabi!

Ian I get it youā€™re upside down in global positioning but so to is youā€™re thinking, like Iā€™ve mentioned above, Bayern I guess is possible but for me winning the Bundesliga with Leverkusen would be mission accomplished as far as that league is concerned,
      Royal Madrid is or probably will be his ultimate goal, perhaps even the Spanish national side , but thats eons away yet, for both imo, heā€™s only just getting startedā€¦.and yes I guess coming to Liverpoolā€¦.would be a massive step for him too but, heā€™s played for us, he knows what weā€™re about and heā€™ll be inheriting a squad on the periphery of success that took JĆ¼rgen eight years to build, now, youā€™d have to be a total Cnut like ā€œKeep the faithā€ to not want to manage us,

He ticks all the boxes twice for me, I look at Xabi and see JĆ¼rgen Klopp when he first managed Mainz05, I see potentially a world class manager, as he was a world class player, and that indeed is a rarity, there arenā€™t many world class players that are on that list, most ex-players these days are coaches, not managers, a huge difference, Shankly , Paisley, Fagan, Stein,Busby, Revie, Ferguson, weā€™re fantastic Managers, but they donā€™t make them like that anymore, there are exceptions of course, Ancelotti, Klopp etc, then come the cheque book lot, like Pep G, Maureen, Zidane,

Xabi is of course a modern coach/manager,  we canā€™t yet characterise exactly what he will become, heā€™s just getting started, needless to say though, heā€™s going to be successful wherever he plies his trade, so letā€™s get him in now so he can work with this legacy JĆ¼rgen has built, let him take the reins and see where he takes us, he will want to manage RM one day for sure, Carlo wonā€™t be there for too much longer, and for me there are one or two ahead of Xabi for that job for now,

Iā€™ve racked my brains and I just donā€™t come up with anyone else more suited I really really donā€™t !!

YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #380: Feb 11, 2024 10:16:01 am

Ian I get it youā€™re upside down in global positioning but so to is youā€™re thinking, like Iā€™ve mentioned above, Bayern I guess is possible but for me winning the Bundesliga with Leverkusen would be mission accomplished as far as that league is concerned,
      Royal Madrid is or probably will be his ultimate goal, perhaps even the Spanish national side , but thats eons away yet, for both imo, heā€™s only just getting startedā€¦.and yes I guess coming to Liverpoolā€¦.would be a massive step for him too but, heā€™s played for us, he knows what weā€™re about and heā€™ll be inheriting a squad on the periphery of success that took JĆ¼rgen eight years to build, now, youā€™d have to be a total Cnut like ā€œKeep the faithā€ to not want to manage us,

He ticks all the boxes twice for me, I look at Xabi and see JĆ¼rgen Klopp when he first managed Mainz05, I see potentially a world class manager, as he was a world class player, and that indeed is a rarity, there arenā€™t many world class players that are on that list, most ex-players these days are coaches, not managers, a huge difference, Shankly , Paisley, Fagan, Stein,Busby, Revie, Ferguson, weā€™re fantastic Managers, but they donā€™t make them like that anymore, there are exceptions of course, Ancelotti, Klopp etc, then come the cheque book lot, like Pep G, Maureen, Zidane,

Xabi is of course a modern coach/manager,  we canā€™t yet characterise exactly what he will become, heā€™s just getting started, needless to say though, heā€™s going to be successful wherever he plies his trade, so letā€™s get him in now so he can work with this legacy JĆ¼rgen has built, let him take the reins and see where he takes us, he will want to manage RM one day for sure, Carlo wonā€™t be there for too much longer, and for me there are one or two ahead of Xabi for that job for now,

Iā€™ve racked my brains and I just donā€™t come up with anyone else more suited I really really donā€™t !!

YNWA

Mate, I'm hoping he comes to us but we have no idea what he is thinking.

Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #381: Feb 11, 2024 01:36:43 pm

I think Real have extended Ancelottiā€™s contract? If he wins the Bundesliga have no doubts that Bayern will be after him though. If the club want him they should be talking to his agent right now to let him know heā€™s the number one target.
      I only watched the highlights of the game last night. Four and a half minutes worth of Leverkusen attacks. Not a single Bayern chance was shown!!!!! Was it really as dominant as that?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #382: Feb 11, 2024 01:54:36 pm
      I think Real have extended Ancelottiā€™s contract? If he wins the Bundesliga have no doubts that Bayern will be after him though. If the club want him they should be talking to his agent right now to let him know heā€™s the number one target.
      I only watched the highlights of the game last night. Four and a half minutes worth of Leverkusen attacks. Not a single Bayern chance was shown!!!!! Was it really as dominant as that?
      I watched the second half and Bayern had far more of the ball but were toothless. Leverkusen stood firm and scored on the break.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #383: Feb 11, 2024 03:58:10 pm
      Mate, I'm hoping he comes to us but we have no idea what he is thinking.

Schweinsteiger says heā€™s a pal and says that Alonso will be choosing us this summer. Take it for whatever you think itā€™s worth.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #384: Feb 11, 2024 05:03:58 pm
      Schweinsteiger says heā€™s a pal and says that Alonso will be choosing us this summer. Take it for whatever you think itā€™s worth.

Saw that tweet ;)
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #385: Feb 12, 2024 11:48:54 am
      Rueben Amorim at Lisbon is a good young coach but I have doubts over his people skills and taking on a footballing giant like us could be a step too much too soon.
      De Zerbi is the current trendy manager in the prem but Brighton are so on and off I'd like to see more consistency.
      Gerrard can stay in Saudi unless he comes out of playing retirement.
      Nagelsmann has lost that air of eliteness because of a couple of poor recent jobs.

I'd love Big Ange but getting him out of Spurs after only a year there would cost way too much.

Has to be Xabi for me. I'd take Conte for a year to let Klopp have a years rest then come back  :lmao:
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,135 posts | 222 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #386: Feb 12, 2024 12:13:44 pm
      FSG listened to the fans when their choice was Klopp.

Will they listen again when it's clear who their choice of management is? Who knows. But I'm sure they're fully aware the job he's done this season at Leverkusen, the only reason I can think why they wouldn't consider him as the front runner yet is because they see it as too early in his career.

The question would then be, if not Xabi then who? I think we need a proven winner, like Rafa was, like Klopp was.

Things haven't gone well for him lately but I think Emery, I think Simeone, I think Scaloni, Conte, Zidane, Flick etc.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #387: Feb 12, 2024 12:25:19 pm
      FSG listened to the fans when their choice was Klopp.

Will they listen again when it's clear who their choice of management is? Who knows. But I'm sure they're fully aware the job he's done this season at Leverkusen, the only reason I can think why they wouldn't consider him as the front runner yet is because they see it as too early in his career.

The question would then be, if not Xabi then who? I think we need a proven winner, like Rafa was, like Klopp was.

Things haven't gone well for him lately but I think Emery, I think Simeone, I think Scaloni, Conte, Zidane, Flick etc.

Conte ? No thanks
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,135 posts | 222 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #388: Feb 12, 2024 12:36:25 pm

Then someone else who is a proven winner who's perhaps a little less dislikeable. Amourim maybe.

Don't think we should be messing around with the RDZ's or Ange's of this world.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #389: Feb 12, 2024 01:22:32 pm
      The sporting director at Xabis current club said he's staying. I'm hoping that's just typical talk to refocus the team, as they're in a great position atm in the league.

Would he wild if Xabi doesn't leave. I dunno who I'd want then. Probably Pep
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #390: Feb 12, 2024 02:00:59 pm
      The sporting director at Xabis current club said he's staying. I'm hoping that's just typical talk to refocus the team, as they're in a great position atm in the league.

Would he wild if Xabi doesn't leave. I dunno who I'd want then. Probably Pep

I'm sure he would like to take the team he has built there into the champions league

Quick Reply