Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Managerial Shortlist

Read 56745 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #1058: Apr 19, 2024 06:45:39 am
      If Amorim can get his defense right here, I can see him being a success here. His team's overall attacking stats are pretty good. Only few games left for Sporting, probably need to watch a few.

He has a good record vs rivals too, only 2 defeats 1 in cup against Braga, after which they thumped them 5-0, and one defeat to Benfica , in which they had red for 30+ minutes, and only conceded 2 in last 2 minutes. Another away defeat against Vitoria, who are very good at home.

« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2024 06:52:13 am by Gill95 »
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1059: Apr 19, 2024 09:25:33 am
      As a liverpool fan, you want an ex everton manager yeah?

Albeit wouldn’t be my first choice, I couldn’t give a rats arse if he managed the blueshite.

He’s won countless trophies across the continent with top teams - I would place us in that category.

His stint at Goodison just proves you can’t polish a turd.

Personally think it’ll be a younger coach, Amorim definitely one of the contenders and likely favourites.

Either way, whoever we get, as always we’ll support them and the team!
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #1060: Apr 19, 2024 12:57:44 pm
      Anyone sufficiently impressed by Atalanta’s boss Gasperini to add him to the fantasy shortlist?

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #1061: Apr 19, 2024 12:59:27 pm
      Problem is we are competing against Barca and Bayern both world class teams looking for manager and possibly United in the future as well.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,297 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1062: Apr 19, 2024 01:34:22 pm
      Anyone sufficiently impressed by Atalanta’s boss Gasperini to add him to the fantasy shortlist?

Id say at a club where theyve come crom relegation fodder to qualufying for Europe regularly and the fact in a tie like v us they know theyll hsve to play a ceryain way to have a chance allows coaches like him some leeway that you wouldnt get here.....i think lads like that to a great job but thdy would unlikely be able to do a similar job st a major club
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #1063: Apr 19, 2024 02:17:07 pm
      The club better not be looking at Tuchel.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 171 
      Reply #1064: Apr 19, 2024 02:20:11 pm
      My dark horse is Gary O'Neal. Not saying he's great or anything, but he's done well in the premiership, all things considered, and he seems to have a good excitement behind him where ever he goes. We are a HUUUGGE jump up for him, but outside of 5 or 6 guys, someone is going to be taking a massive leap no matter how you look at it.

Still think Amorim is the guy

He's done tremendously well at Wolves (& at Bournemouth before), good brand of football too which a lot of fans would welcome but he's far too inexperienced at this stage.

Even there was a fans vote for MOTY, I'd probably vote for him (If Villa end up 5th).
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,297 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1065: Apr 19, 2024 02:30:00 pm
      Could you imagine the carnage om here if O'Neill got it  :lmao:

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6393 
      Reply #1066: Apr 19, 2024 02:35:15 pm

I tell you who we need......

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That gif never gets old to me.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1067: Apr 19, 2024 04:50:34 pm
      Could you imagine the carnage om here if O'Neill got it  :lmao:

I can.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Reply #1068: Apr 19, 2024 06:04:14 pm

My first reaction was to dismiss this out of hand - thinking it would just be a reaction to getting outplayed by them over the 2 legs. But, looking into his history a bit more, it wouldn't be a crazy shout. He's done a hell of a good job at Atalanta over a lot of years.

One thing that surprised me a bit is that he is apparently fanatical about fitness and training hard. That fits their style of play alright but I thought some of their players looked on the porky side. They played like they were fit enough though.

Don't see it happening, probably a bit too high risk, but would be an interesting one.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #1069: Apr 19, 2024 08:29:57 pm
      No Alonso then it would be Tuchel. 3rd & 4th with Chelsea, also beat City in CL final.Won stuff at PSG and Bayern. Also took over from Klopp at BD and won a trophy, the first in 5 years.

He is the outstanding candidate. Just put Arsenal out of CL. Vast experience at the top of the European game. Said this about 8 pages back.

If it's Amorim, so be it but my choice would be Tuchel.
      RedWilly

• 9,198 posts | 1641 
      Reply #1070: Apr 19, 2024 08:31:50 pm
      Robbie’s got 4 months experience managing in Saudi too, and he knows the club, one of our best ever strikers.

Let’s get him in
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #1071: Apr 19, 2024 08:35:14 pm
      Robbie’s got 4 months experience managing in Saudi too, and he knows the club, one of our best ever strikers.

Let’s get him in

Nah...moves in mysterious ways..so he does.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,489 posts | 220 
      Reply #1072: Apr 19, 2024 08:39:50 pm
      No Alonso then it would be Tuchel. 3rd & 4th with Chelsea, also beat City in CL final.Won stuff at PSG and Bayern. Also took over from Klopp at BD and won a trophy, the first in 5 years.

He is the outstanding candidate. Just put Arsenal out of CL. Vast experience at the top of the European game. Said this about 8 pages back.

He creates division in a club and is short sighted. Look at his Bayern buys, is not the right manager for us
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #1073: Apr 19, 2024 08:54:09 pm
      He creates division in a club and is short sighted. Look at his Bayern buys, is not the right manager for us

" Outstanding coach and manager"..."...creative..I learn from him..excellent in all departments..I enjoy watching his teams."

The authors....Mr. Klopp and Mr. Guardiola.
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #1074: Apr 19, 2024 08:58:56 pm
      As for Tuchel " creating division"...so he told several at Chelsea to do their feckin' job...how dare he talk to Chelsea players like that..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,064 posts | 2110 
      Reply #1075: Apr 19, 2024 09:11:35 pm
      As for Tuchel " creating division"...so he told several at Chelsea to do their feckin' job...how dare he talk to Chelsea players like that..

F**k Tuchel. The b***ard made a living from walking into ready made teams built by Klopp. He's a freeloading b***ard.

A story about his treatment of Lukaku spoke volumes about him. The big Belgian expressed interest in going back to Italy as it wasnt working for him at Chelsea, and Tuchel mocked him when the Inter president appeared on TV, saying 'hey look its your daddy'. Immature. A pure bred c**t.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #1076: Apr 19, 2024 09:17:20 pm

The same Tuchel who at Bayern has managed to be the first manager in decades to not win the league there
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #1077: Apr 19, 2024 09:45:53 pm
      The same Tuchel who at Bayern has managed to be the first manager in decades to not win the league there

Yeah and the same man who was named best coach in the world 2021.Won cups & leagues with PSG  & Bayern,  plus won the CL beating City in the final...yeah that's the same guy.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #1078: Apr 19, 2024 09:52:10 pm
      Yeah and the same man who was named best coach in the world 2021.Won cups & leagues with PSG  & Bayern,  plus won the CL beating City in the final...yeah that's the same guy.

PSG and Bayern - plenty have them on their CV as winning , and at both clubs he caused issues with players and staff

Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #1079: Apr 19, 2024 09:58:04 pm
      Not claiming Tuchel is a perfect fit. Not totally convinced by any of them but Tuchel has an impressive CV. Whoever gets the job will find it difficult.

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,489 posts | 220 
      Reply #1080: Apr 19, 2024 09:58:08 pm
      The truth is I have no idea who I want as the manager tbh because to me there are no standout candidates that fit our club that I know of on the market

All I want is someone ruthless to get us back to number 1

But F***ing Tuchel is not that guy ffs

Quick Reply