Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Managerial Shortlist

Read 66949 times
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 842 posts | 142 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #1265: Apr 23, 2024 12:40:25 pm
      I dont care who we appoint so long as they

. Win the premier league in the first season

. Win the champions league in the first season

. Have no link to utd or chelsea
      Reasonable....
      Millsy75
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 49 
      Reply #1266: Apr 23, 2024 01:09:21 pm
      For that vibe after Rafa, some amazing Spanish and Spanish speaking players have played for us. Thereā€™s deffo a connection there, stop F***ing talking down everything I say.

You really are in a pissy mood today Lallana.
      he needs another hobby🤣🤣
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #1267: Apr 23, 2024 01:28:24 pm
      I don't get how we are being linked to oneil when our sporting director thought he was not good enough for bournemouth
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #1268: Apr 23, 2024 01:59:53 pm
      I don't get how we are being linked to oneil when our sporting director thought he was not good enough for bournemouth

Diversion tactics
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 56 
      Reply #1269: Apr 23, 2024 02:02:54 pm
      I would imagine there are preparations going on in the boardroom right now about who we're after. Wouldn't surprise me if we get an announcement right out of the blue in the next couple of weeks.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1270: Apr 23, 2024 03:00:53 pm
      Anyone watch much Dutch football?

Reading about the Feyenoord coach, Arnie slot? Seems to be climbing up the bookies list....apparently plays almost a 2 4 4 ? How does that work and should he be our next manager and brought that style would it work in the premier league?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #1271: Apr 23, 2024 03:27:04 pm
      This is all sounding depressingly desperate...Does anyone actually want to come here?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1272: Apr 23, 2024 03:50:11 pm
      This is all sounding depressingly desperate...Does anyone actually want to come here?

You would imagine everyone would want it but a couple of factors that might stop people wanting it

. Replacing Klopp.......thats not an easy task for any manager no matter where they have been or what they have won....his rapport with supporters and players and where hes taken us towards andfrom where he took us, huge shoes to fill

. Perhaps in interviews potential managers didnt like what they heard. Youll be give x to spend, you wont have the main say in signings etc

Thats just 2 possible reasons this search might not be straight forward
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #1273: Apr 23, 2024 03:50:13 pm
      For that vibe after Rafa, some amazing Spanish and Spanish speaking players have played for us. Thereā€™s deffo a connection there, stop F***ing talking down everything I say.

You really are in a pissy mood today Lallana.

You are going back nearly 20 years ffs

To a time when we did have a Spanish connection

We have more of a connection to Germany and Holland and prob Brazil right now

It was just a strange statement that Xavi would fit in based on some connection that imo doesnā€™t exist within the club
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1274: Apr 23, 2024 03:50:52 pm
      Makes perfect sense, this is why your standards will drop next year. Thereā€™s no one to fill Klopps boots.

Of course. But life goes on.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #1275: Apr 23, 2024 03:52:06 pm
      The whole Liverpool press reporting on Arne Slot. So clearly been briefed. Heā€™s bald and Dutch. Supposed to be decent from what I know, but of course Twitter had instantly decided heā€™s sh*te. No idea why
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #1276: Apr 23, 2024 03:52:26 pm
      I hope they donā€™t F**k this up. It would be a mistake to allow the season to end and then think you can confit this search where you interview all the candidates. Most of them will have moved or signed new deals by then. Iā€™m worried LFC may get caught sitting on their hands.

I assumed that they would have spoken with Alonso when the Klopp news first broke. I think itā€™s clear they hadnā€™t. In fact, he came across as pissed off because of the speculation and media coverage despite no contact having been made. It sounded like it hastened his statement. I canā€™t help but think that if LFC had approached Bayer and Alonso in an official capacity it may have gone the other way. Donā€™t make the same mistake with Amorim.

I really donā€™t want to end up with the likes of De Zerbi or Thomas Frank. They can go to United.

Think we prob just need to be patient

The season is still going on , there will always be a lot of noise going on because of the situation but it will sort itself out

Got ti trust the process
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1277: Apr 23, 2024 03:58:18 pm
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #1278: Apr 23, 2024 04:00:27 pm
      Everyone rushing to see Feyenood next game so they can say he is not good enough etc . Trust the process massive due diligence will have been done of course you can never guarantee success but let's learn from when players signed from lower teams or leagues like Robbo and not Dave on twitter who says he can tell it won't work as he has watched them once FFS
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #1279: Apr 23, 2024 04:01:19 pm
      The whole Liverpool press reporting on Arne Slot. So clearly been briefed. Heā€™s bald and Dutch. Supposed to be decent from what I know, but of course Twitter had instantly decided heā€™s sh*te. No idea why

He's Bald and Dutch  :lmao:
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,146 posts | 224 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #1280: Apr 23, 2024 04:02:33 pm

Guess this will drastically put off Edwards and co and we''ll opt for someone else then.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,249 posts | 1226 
      Reply #1281: Apr 23, 2024 04:03:21 pm
      I think there are several options that could be promising and would prefer one of the younger crop but sussing out who is best requires a lot of research and due diligence, as well as a sense of whether they are the right fit as a person.

Not sure there is any more a dearth of candidates than there has been in recent years. Who would we rather have had that's now ensconced at another club? Arteta hadn't managed before joining Arsenal, Xabi had limited low level experience, the big hitters were already in their positions.

If it was a couple of years ago Ten Hag and Graham Potter would likely have been high on the list. Maybe that's a blessing and we end up with the right bald Dutch man?
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #1282: Apr 23, 2024 04:05:03 pm
      I'd rather De Zerbi over someone that no one heard of. At least De Zerbi has the potential to be world class. We are so losing our star players and the club attracting world class talents is definitely taking a hit. Going from Klopp to a random Dutch manager is a massive downgrade
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #1283: Apr 23, 2024 04:06:53 pm

Haha well am I wrong? I remember people speaking well of him last year when he was heavily linked to spurs
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #1284: Apr 23, 2024 04:07:08 pm
      I'd rather De Zerbi over someone that no one heard of. At least De Zerbi has the potential to be world class. We are so losing our star players and the club attracting world class talents is definitely taking a hit. Going from Klopp to a random Dutch manager is a massive downgrade

Just because you havenā€™t heard of him doesnā€™t mean his some random Dutch manager

That random Dutch match took his team to the title and a European final
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #1285: Apr 23, 2024 04:08:58 pm
      Guess this will drastically put off Edwards and co and we''ll opt for someone else then.

Twitter is full of morons. Everyone decided Amorim is the second coming, and anyone but him is a disaster. Just like they did with Alonso. Thereā€™s legit people on there saying how are our players going to listen to him when heā€™s baldā€¦ā€¦..
      weā€™ve just gotta accept there is no ā€œKloppā€ out there. Whoever we get thereā€™s risk. Most people were behind Edwards coming back, so back the f**kerā€¦
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #1286: Apr 23, 2024 04:15:04 pm

What did Slot win with feynoord?
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #1287: Apr 23, 2024 04:16:57 pm
      Haha well am I wrong? I remember people speaking well of him last year when he was heavily linked to spurs

Your not no just made me laugh that's all

Quick Reply