Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

Managerial Shortlist

Read 57436 times
      paulow63 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Re: Managerial Shortlist
      Reply #1426: Apr 24, 2024 07:48:45 pm
      Not sure why I should care what Simon Jordan’s opinion is?

Yep.

gobs***e of the highest order.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,004 posts | 224 
      Reply #1427: Apr 24, 2024 07:53:51 pm
      Posted due to the Dutch reporter has to say about Slot
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,617 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1428: Apr 24, 2024 11:07:53 pm

I watched the clip earlier today, he was actually talking it being a risk for the manager trying to follow Klopp rather than the club
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #1429: Apr 24, 2024 11:12:21 pm
      He will mate but it'll be back to the style we had before. The Head Coach lets recruitment know what type of players he wants/needs to fit his systems and they go and get those type of players.

Which is why we were successful

We changed the system and allowed Klopp and Lijnders to dictate transfers, so we brought in players like Gakpo, Luis Diaz, Nunez & Soboszlai. Also renewing contracts to past their best Henderson and Milner

Hardly world beaters are Klopp’s signings, either sh*t or just decent. I prefer the Edwards way because it worked
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,803 posts | 6750 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1430: Apr 24, 2024 11:21:10 pm
      I don't know the F**k we are gonna get but whoever it is:

Can we please go 4-4-2 ?

And if we are gonna keep Darwin and Mo, they are the 2. They are gonna be our Batman and Robin.

Lock them in a F***ing room together in the off season, so when they start the new season they are F***ing telepathic!!!

Then get 2 fkn BRAND NEW  Wingers and a CM who wants to F***ing run at defenders and take them on, whilst also being able to play that magical thru ball. (that could be Trent)

Make Bradley permanent RB.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2846 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1431: Apr 24, 2024 11:28:59 pm
      I don't know the F**k we are gonna get but whoever it is:

Can we please go 4-4-2 ?

And if we are gonna keep Darwin and Mo, they are the 2. They are gonna be our Batman and Robin.

Lock them in a F***ing room together in the off season, so when they start the new season they are F***ing telepathic!!!

Then get 2 fkn BRAND NEW  Wingers and a CM who wants to F***ing run at defenders and take them on, whilst also being able to play that magical thru ball. (that could be Trent)

Make Bradley permanent RB.

I think you can expect a flexible 4 2 3 1 ( can play 2 4 4 at times!! ) winger dependant, aggressive press game from anything ive read on him pal
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,803 posts | 6750 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1432: Apr 25, 2024 12:09:34 am
      I think you can expect a flexible 4 2 3 1 ( can play 2 4 4 at times!! ) winger dependant, aggressive press game from anything ive read on him pal

Who? Slot mate?

Is he 100% the one?
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #1433: Apr 25, 2024 12:16:54 am
      I would like to see Salah being converted as a CAM in a 4231 and play the Messi role. He lost his pace and his more of a creator now..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 6394 
      Reply #1434: Apr 25, 2024 12:57:16 am
      Who? Slot mate?

Is he 100% the one?

That’s where I put my money (if I had any).
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,549 posts | 1493 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1435: Apr 25, 2024 01:15:13 am
      I would like to see Salah being converted as a CAM in a 4231 and play the Messi role. He lost his pace and his more of a creator now..
      Can barely pass a ball now mate… the amount of passes he doesn’t put enough weight on is infuriating recently… if the Saudis come knocking open that door quickly.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,490 posts | 220 
      Reply #1436: Apr 25, 2024 07:31:57 am
      We criticise the owners and the fan boys here would scream and cry until Christmas and beyond

One thing they did well was introduce this transfer structure which was badly needed when we didn’t have the funds compared to others

It’s understandable that structure went as klopp became the main decision maker but people who defend the current crop should actually realise they should be posting how good of a system our board first currently put in praising the owners in that respect

Szob- money ball would be gini- who would you take ?

Diaz - mane

Nunez- salah

Gapko- Bobby

You can see how going away from the data approach means we are paying far more (I understand fees have gone up) but we are getting less in return

Even the biggest defenders of the current drop who love fsg should be wanting a reset so we can re apply the model we once had

The new manager will play a big part in that but we need Edward to be ruthless

Nunez and Salah should be gone for next season (Salah due to age and decline a bit)

Then we need to get a cb in as well

I would also say a cm is needed
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2846 
      Reply #1437: Apr 25, 2024 07:33:23 am

Messi role? Messy role be more like, the man cant play a pass 9 times out of 10 and hes more one footed then captain peg leg
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3718 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1438: Apr 25, 2024 07:38:24 am
      If we appoint Slot and play 4-2-3-1

I would play like this.

NB: Team no longer available
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,490 posts | 220 
      Reply #1439: Apr 25, 2024 07:58:30 am
      If we appoint Slot and play 4-2-3-1

I would play like this.

NB: Team no longer available

Would need two new dm and wingers imo

The manager is important but what we need is our transfers back to normal high quality buys to give him the tools

This season has highlighted that we have improved to a cl team

But the next step

A dominant cb
      A dominant dm
      Two forward who can finish and work hard

I hope we are brave in the summer

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,490 posts | 220 
      Reply #1440: Apr 25, 2024 07:59:11 am
      Can barely pass a ball now mate… the amount of passes he doesn’t put enough weight on is infuriating recently… if the Saudis come knocking open that door quickly.

Yup, it’s a no brainer

I don’t see him, Nunez or Diaz at the club within the next 24 months
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #1441: Apr 25, 2024 09:08:00 am
      New manager need to make a decision about the attack. I still think Salah isn't finished but he is just not fully fit, but Nunez is a massive issue. I don't think a new manager is willing to gamble his future on having someone who can't finish upfront. Just look at Chelsea with Jackson who is similar.

We need goal scoring wingers and a good reliable finisher and we need to find our Cole Palmer
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2846 
      Reply #1444: Apr 25, 2024 09:29:06 am
      Who? Slot mate?

Is he 100% the one?

Sorry yes Slot......not 100% done but sounds like its as good as
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,056 posts | 2728 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1445: Apr 25, 2024 09:36:57 am
      Who? Slot mate?

Is he 100% the one?

Is Slut the chosen one mate?   :f_whistle:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2846 
      Reply #1446: Apr 25, 2024 09:43:12 am
      Yes, I can click into it, but it won't open here...

It’s been suggested that Ruben Amorim attempted a trick that backfired on him, potentially costing him a move to Liverpool.

Ruben Amorim was the firm favourite for the Liverpool job a week ago. Now he's a bit of an afterthought as Arne Slot is quite clearly the Reds' choice.

Feyenoord are actually in discussions with Liverpool over Slot. The club have put in an offer but the Dutch champions rejected it - talks will continue until there's a result.

That leaves Amorim likely remaining with Sporting CP. It's a surprise, certainly, so what happened?

Journalist Bruno Andrade told CNN that he feels a move made by Amorim last week put a halt to things. Andrade explained how the Portuguese manager went to talk with West Ham United in London - something of a surprise, given the talk around Liverpool.

That was supposedly a deliberate move by Amorim and his agent as they attempted to put pressure on the Reds. Liverpool, however, didn't take that particularly well and saw right through it.

They quickly leaked that Amorim wasn't their no.1 choice and essentially moved on from Amorim. Now Slot is set to head to Anfield, while the Portuguese boss will remain at Sporting.

RUBEN AMORIM MOVE BACKFIRES
      It's an interesting theory and it should be said that Andrade is the only one suggesting this. It's entirely possible that Amorim was just genuinely interested in what West Ham had to say, with no thought about the Liverpool job.

And you can't really say how much this would have affected Liverpool. After all, it's unlikely to have changed much if Amorim was their clear favourite to take over - it only has an effect if they're unsure about him.

If the Reds were already on the verge of ending their interest, though, it's exactly the kind of thing that convinces them. That's what we imagine happened here - Amorim and his agent putting the final nail in the coffin.

Think they meant check it as in where the story originated from.....big yellow thing in the sky that you hardly see in this part of the world
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1447: Apr 25, 2024 09:44:44 am
      Think they meant check it as in where the story originated from.....big yellow thing in the sky that you hardly see in this part of the world

He doesn't care mate.

Posted the article regardless
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 760 posts | 128 
      Reply #1448: Apr 25, 2024 09:47:42 am
      Ah, gotcha....
      Deleted now...
      It was from Anfield

Watch

Quick Reply