Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.2%)
      Conor Bradley
      73 (84.9%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      6 (7%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      4 (4.7%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      2 (2.3%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Voting closed: Feb 04, 2024 10:14:13 pm

Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10815 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Jan 31, 2024 10:40:43 pm
      Bet they’re looking forward to meeting us at Wembley 😊
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,367 posts | 1414 
      Reply #438: Jan 31, 2024 10:41:46 pm
      ..not gunner turn up for the final.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,586 posts | 1808 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #439: Jan 31, 2024 10:42:07 pm
      Class win. Love beating that lot
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #440: Jan 31, 2024 10:42:07 pm
      Decisions like keeping Bradley in for this game is what sets Klopp apart. No doubt Bradley had earned a spot but surely the easy decision would be to put your vastly experienced vice captain in there given how big a game it was. Just look at the posts on the first page you’ll see what I mean (not having a dig at anyone because the same thoughts went through my head).

Decisions like that show Klopp uses his heart as much as his head when it comes to these things. Put your trust in people and they will return the favour, they will run through brick walls for you. That’s what is so special about Klopp.
      Don77

• 6,621 posts | 1114 
      Reply #441: Jan 31, 2024 10:47:11 pm
      Wow what  a performance. The passing was slick and we were so fluid in our play. Lots of imagination and the bench was immense.

Bradley got his goal and 2 assists ... but the highlight for me was his defensive work. Always aware, always in position and nothing was beating him 1v1. Well done young man.

If we play like this at arsenal we've a great chance.

On a personal note this has cheered me up. Lost my cousin to cancer on Monday. She was Only 49. Life is cruel. She was a big red and she loved Jürgen. She'd have been made up with that tonight.
      Harrisimo

• 8,367 posts | 1414 
      Reply #442: Jan 31, 2024 10:51:29 pm
      Wow what  a performance. The passing was slick and we were so fluid in our play. Lots of imagination and the bench was immense.

Bradley got his goal and 2 assists ... but the highlight for me was his defensive work. Always aware, always in position and nothing was beating him 1v1. Well done young man.

On a personal note this has cheered me up. Lost my cousin to cancer on Monday. She was Only 49. Life is cruel. She was a big red and she loved Jürgen. She'd have been made up with that tonight.

Puts it into perspective. Sorry for your loss.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,424 posts | 803 
      Reply #443: Jan 31, 2024 10:59:32 pm
      That was a real joy...best all round performance I've seen from us for a while, everyone on blob. That's 3 MOTM's for Connor Bradley on the spin from me...almost getting to be first name on the team sheet. This is some group of players. Onwards
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,217 posts | 1106 
      Reply #444: Jan 31, 2024 11:03:11 pm

Said a quick prayer for her family when I read this. You too, bud. YNWA
      Harrisimo

• 8,367 posts | 1414 
      Reply #445: Jan 31, 2024 11:06:02 pm
      I mean say what yer like about Refs..yeah they screw up..can even be swayed by boyhood favourites etc but they're not stupid.

Tierney knew what Chelsea were up to.." They think I'll give a pen as soon as they fall over..assumptions..."
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,535 posts | 1520 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #446: Jan 31, 2024 11:09:44 pm
      Well f*ck me, where do you begin?

I'm too knackered.

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,090 posts | 2121 
      Reply #447: Jan 31, 2024 11:19:06 pm
      What a fine fine fine display. Conor Bradley...simply sensational. Szobo - you absolute diamond. Jota - turning into our most important player?

You could write endlessly about this evening's display. But they were outstanding, each and every one of them.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,237 posts | 1225 
      Reply #448: Jan 31, 2024 11:25:49 pm
      Tonight showed the difference between buying a team and building one, with each player in red forming part of an unstoppable collective in full swing.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #449: Jan 31, 2024 11:28:15 pm
      Had tickets for the game , but chose to give them up to watch the game with my dad , four of us reds together his son grandson and great grandson , and what a tonic that game was , these are precious times for us , and watching our boys put out a performance like that something magical seeing the reds perform at that level .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #450: Jan 31, 2024 11:31:41 pm
      Enjoyed that tonight, first half performance was F***ing superb, topped off by Bradley's awesome goal.

And to think everyone outside of LFC said we would struggle without Salah. 8)
      Harrisimo

• 8,367 posts | 1414 
      Reply #451: Jan 31, 2024 11:31:50 pm
      Had tickets for the game , but chose to give them up to watch the game with my dad , four of us reds together his son grandson and great grandson , and what a tonic that game was , these are precious times for us , and watching our boys put out a performance like that something magical seeing the reds perform at that level .

Nice one Andy..family come first..hope your all keeping well.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,090 posts | 2121 
      Reply #452: Jan 31, 2024 11:42:49 pm
      As for Chelsea...diving is not a strategy that will win you goals, games or titles.

I hate Chelsea with a passion but in the last 20 years or so, they would come with players of real stature. Drogba, Makelele, Carvalho, Cech, Lampard...but this Chelsea bunch...sheesh. Collectively and individually they are utterly vapid in personality and style. You actually hate them for wasting precious oxygen on this beautiful planet of ours.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #453: Jan 31, 2024 11:50:58 pm
      Lovely to read all the heartwarming posts tonight.
      I thought every player brought his A-game tonight but we were still better than the sum of all parts.

Shout out to Tierney, who has been battered, and not unfairly. He read the game well and was determined not to be swayed by gamesmanship.

Sleep well Connor Bradley. I’d keep him in now, after that towering performance. He’s made Trent a midfielder in his last few performances.
      Macca and Dom: the engine room never faltered. Awesome.

Darwin - I dont care how many times he hit the woodwork, he made that win with his industry and hold up play. I love his shoot on sight policy!

Jürgen, we’ll make this last half - Season the ride of our lives.

Goodnight all - YNWA!
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 967 
      Reply #454: Jan 31, 2024 11:52:52 pm
      What a couple of weeks young Conor Bradley is having?!?!  I'm absolutely buzzing for him!! 

Beyond the obvious MotM, I also think high praise is due for Jota, Jones, Mac, and Gomez.  Diogo has really picked up the goal scoring while Mo has been at Afcon.  Mac and Jones have been amazing at controlling the midfield.  Gomez has been back to his very best like before his nasty injury.  We are looking like a very well rounded side with the right balance of youth/experience, energy/quality, and aggression/composure. 
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #455: Feb 01, 2024 12:01:14 am
      What a couple of weeks young Conor Bradley is having?!?!  I'm absolutely buzzing for him!! 

Beyond the obvious MotM, I also think high praise is due for Jota, Jones, Mac, and Gomez.  Diogo has really picked up the goal scoring while Mo has been at Afcon.  Mac and Jones have been amazing at controlling the midfield.  Gomez has been back to his very best like before his nasty injury.  We are looking like a very well rounded side with the right balance of youth/experience, energy/quality, and aggression/composure.

Much more solid defensively with Gomez VVD Konate Bradley. These fullbacks have been offering loads going forward too. Great balance now. 
      Harrisimo

• 8,367 posts | 1414 
      Reply #456: Feb 01, 2024 12:05:29 am
      Nunez will be getting the 'nickname'...Woody. The pen didn't matter in the end but I would've given it to Macca. So cool on the ball and much more confident of his belief now. But yer can't call out Nunez, he's just so desperate to do well for us. He wants it more than we want it ourselves almost.
      Harrisimo

• 8,367 posts | 1414 
      Reply #457: Feb 01, 2024 12:27:03 am
      Nunez will be getting the 'nickname'...Woody. The pen didn't matter in the end but I would've given it to Macca. So cool on the ball and much more confident of his belief now. But yer can't call out Nunez, he's just so desperate to do well for us. He wants it more than we want it ourselves almost.

Although I say that and if Chelsea had come back to 2-2...and we get a penalty..in the last minute of extra time...You would need a pair of pliers to get the ball off him, such is his desire.Heart of a Lion.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,919 posts | 438 
      Reply #458: Feb 01, 2024 12:35:46 am
      As for Chelsea...diving is not a strategy that will win you goals, games or titles.

I hate Chelsea with a passion but in the last 20 years or so, they would come with players of real stature. Drogba, Makelele, Carvalho, Cech, Lampard...but this Chelsea bunch...sheesh. Collectively and individually they are utterly vapid in personality and style. You actually hate them for wasting precious oxygen on this beautiful planet of ours.

And the funny thing is the number 1 culprit looks to be the bloke who turned us down to play for them.

At this stage we have to be extremely grateful Moses Caicedo didn't rock up here.

Looks like a bad apple his demeanour around the pitch.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #459: Feb 01, 2024 12:50:03 am
      Should be in bed now.
      Just had to come on here for another gloat 😂😂

Quick Reply