Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Pre match: Liverpool vs Man City EPL, Sunday 10th March: K.O. 15.45

Read 3597 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool vs Man City EPL, Sunday 10th March: K.O. 15.45
      Reply #46: Mar 10, 2024 12:35:39 am
      Google‘s AI, which is top notch, favors a City win with 42% probability, a Liverpool win gets 33% and a draw gets 25%. That is an accurate assessment and I approve the message. Therefore I am ok with a draw, i.e. play a low, more defensive line, and look to counter City. Of course Klopp doesn‘t have the skill to act strategically smart since Buvac left (which did all the work), so we will see the same like always just with City being world class, i.e. around 3 conceded goals, but we play with heart & soul and can hopefully match it, so hopefully 3-3 or 2-2.

This is why I would have no problem with de Zerbi or Mourinho because I feel we would do better by playing like Tottenham or Real Madrid, i.e. to play lower against good teams and look for counter instead of blindly copying City and only play like City when you play weaker teams. But nobody listens to me, which is a shame.

I stopped reading at Googles AI...like what the actual F**k dude? Seriously!!!

Back on topic

COMMMMEEEE ONNN YOUU RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSS

Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #47: Mar 10, 2024 01:05:49 am
      3-1 to us, Salah hattrick
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #48: Mar 10, 2024 06:14:11 am
      I can't believe it's 9 hours till game time and you guys aren't in here.

WAKE THE F**k UP AND START LUBRICATING THOSE THROATS IN TIME FOR KO  :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

ROOOOAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,159 posts | 2746 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #49: Mar 10, 2024 06:35:39 am
      I can't believe it's 9 hours till game time and you guys aren't in here.

WAKE THE F**k UP AND START LUBRICATING THOSE THROATS IN TIME FOR KO  :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

ROOOOAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Some of have to work you lazy kunt.  :lmao:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,717 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #50: Mar 10, 2024 07:47:17 am
      Reds make my day less worried, give me something to smile.

Ynwa
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1680 
      • YNWA
      Reply #51: Mar 10, 2024 08:46:34 am
      We've given lesser teams too many chances in the first half, that a better team would take. This is that better team, so need to try to be tighter 1st half.
      We have injuries, but Endo and Mac would start for me in the middle even if everyone fit, and think they should be able to both start today, which is good news.
      VVD vs Haaland will be a big battle, need the captain to dig out another big performance, on top of many recent excellent performances.
      And up front, Nunez has been playing well, but maybe has he turned a corner and started to really score in a way everyone hoped he might.

It's basically the biggest PL game of the season so far, the two best teams head to head, the two best managers, authentic vs plastic, Haaland vs Nunez, etc etc :)

Can't wait. COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,964 posts | 5020 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #52: Mar 10, 2024 09:15:54 am
      Really looking forward to this game so like you lot will be glued to the tv. Team selection with be massive for this one if your to win the game. Don’t think you can win this one with the kids even though it’s at Anfield.

If you’re in front in 70 mins you may have a chance to hold on. However, this city will just run you lot ragged in the last 20 mins with their outstanding passing ability to have you running around like headless chickens. 😂

As a neutral I can’t win no matter who fcukin wins. 🤦‍♂️🤢😂

If Liverpool win this match my prediction of City winning the league in doubt.

City undoubtedly are a brilliant side, you’d be a fool or blind if you can’t see that, but so are we, you don’t sit atop the EPL unless you are, City will steam roller almost every other side in this league, but every other side in the league won’t press them like we will,

They love space, it allows them to pass freely at will, but we won’t allow them that space, or at least as much as their used to, I honestly think we will do these today, their dangerous, of course they are, their capable of a win, of course they are, it’s no surprise that the pundits have them as favourites to win, but they’re blinded by the over hype, their relentless over waxing lyrical of City is f***in sickening,

JĂźrgen Klopp has rebuilt his midfield, a brand new shiny midfield and added a smattering of academy graduates, yet that is ignored, he has signed players that no one else would see, who have been instrumental in keeping us at the top of the league, and have been pivotal and will be again today, kids coming thru like Conor Bradley who for me has been absolutely outstanding, imagine City without that horrible Cnut Kyle Walker, who replaces him, but we lost Trent, for the most part, and Joe filled in occasionally, but Bradley has come in and took the place by storm,

Yet hardly gets a mention, we’ve been without Macca, Mo, Diaz, Jones, Szloboslai, Jota, Konate, Robbo Trent, Jota twice, Nunez, Alisson, Thiago, Bajcetic, this season yet, we still sit top(Arse temporarily), so even when we’ve been decimated by injuries we can still hold our own,

So onto today’s little soirĂŠe, against the best team ever ever ever ever to have graced the EPL EVER !!   

I think we’ll press the f***in sh*t out of them, they don’t experience this very often, so it’ll be interesting how they cope, there is no doubt they will have chances, that’s a given, just deny them their space and use our pace to attack them, they use Stones as a ten, leaving them weaker at the back, so we use Diaz, Nunez and hopefully Mo to exploit this, Macca is key here, as too Will Szlobo, and Endo need to be stronger than he has before, and disciplined, KDB, Foden, Rodri & Silva are key threats, Haaland is of course but he’ll need ammunition, cut that supply off he’s just a sh*t Andy Carroll 🤪🤪

We’re winning this, cos we want it more, toughest test to date, f***in damn right it is, but we will come thru this and we will Not lose….

Kelleher
       Bradley  Konate  Virgil  Robbo
              Szlobo.        Endo
                       Macca
         Salah      Nunez.   Diaz

3-2 Mighty f***in Redmen !!!

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,451 posts | 2844 
      Reply #53: Mar 10, 2024 09:34:41 am
      Can’t see Konate being risked for this so hopefully Gomez can step up again at centre half.

Draw not a disaster but a win would be huge. Our record against the better teams has been poor this season so here’s a chance to put that right.
      JackRed97
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #54: Mar 10, 2024 09:56:12 am
      Konate won't be fit enough to start.. no way we're risking him.. Joey at cb.. dom and mo will start.. mo will get 60..

Just think haaland and foden will do us today.. 1-2 defeat I think.. hope the boys can prove me wrong
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,314 posts | 769 
      Reply #55: Mar 10, 2024 10:11:09 am
      Should be a cracker of a game for the fans today. Like many supporters I wish I was at Anfield later. I am sure the Kop will be fully behind the Reds.

Nunez starting to score proving a menace to any opposition at present. Mo will be looking to add to his tally this season. I hope the defence hold firm at the back.

A win of any sort today would be brilliant.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 1414 
      Reply #56: Mar 10, 2024 10:33:45 am
      Does Nunez hold a central position rigidly today. Diaz will operate left drifting in with Mo occupying the right, but Nunez must be central. I don't want him drifting, hold the central area, a channel from the edge of the semi circle to their 6 yard box.. Midfield will know his position and can pick him out.

Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,603 posts | 392 
      Reply #57: Mar 10, 2024 10:52:47 am
      feel sick already
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,044 posts | 537 
      Reply #58: Mar 10, 2024 10:53:55 am
      It's at Anfield. Guardiola has only won at Anfield once - when there was no crowd. We are favourites. 2-1 to us.

COYR!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 795 
      Reply #59: Mar 10, 2024 10:55:27 am
      So much at stake today and I'm sure all of us are a tad jittery. We've got all the necessary tools in the box to get this done, but that doesn't guarantee getting it done. It will be a tough contest and we'll have to be "At it" from KO. Even if we were 3 up at half time I think we'd still be cautious of getting over the line. Biggest concern for me is lack of pace at the back; any ball over the top has us in all kinds of bother, as we saw on Thursday night.
      Big performances needed from all of them....we can do this.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #60: Mar 10, 2024 11:07:33 am
      Lets get ready to rumble!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #61: Mar 10, 2024 11:41:22 am
      Not confident but I never am for these crunch games. Would have preferred them to be the ones with a long injury list and to have played on Thursday night.

It is what it is. Whatever the result it will all still be very tight with the top three.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,717 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #62: Mar 10, 2024 12:16:35 pm
      Not confident but I never am for these crunch games. Would have preferred them to be the ones with a long injury list and to have played on Thursday night.

It is what it is. Whatever the result it will all still be very tight with the top three.

I am more confident against the bigger sides because we are still better when we play on the counter.

We need Kelleher to continue to be on form plus our attack to be clinical. A draw is not a good result.

Make me a little better with a win. What can I ask more for.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #63: Mar 10, 2024 12:25:48 pm
      Google‘s AI, which is top notch, favors a City win with 42% probability, a Liverpool win gets 33% and a draw gets 25%. That is an accurate assessment and I approve the message.

You F***ing Nerd.

Up the head-wrecking, manc battering Redmen!!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,588 posts | 1503 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #64: Mar 10, 2024 12:31:01 pm
      Bricking it massively... I just hope Rodri gets the shits before the game or something, he's the player I fear most from that team, becuase as the stats show, if he plays, they simply don't lose and he's the bigest clutch player I have seen, the amount of times I turn on a City game late to see whats happening and he scores a outside the box winner late on pisses me off...

Heart is saying 2-1 to us but realisitically, my head is saying 1-1 at best, which I would take right now if offered.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,088 posts | 2116 
      Reply #65: Mar 10, 2024 12:40:47 pm
      Bricking it massively... I just hope Rodri gets the shits before the game or something, he's the player I fear most from that team, becuase as the stats show, if he plays, they simply don't lose and he's the bigest clutch player I have seen, the amount of times I turn on a City game late to see whats happening and he scores a outside the box winner late on pisses me off...

Heart is saying 2-1 to us but realisitically, my head is saying 1-1 at best, which I would take right now if offered.

Well, they've got to F***ing lose sometime with him in the team? If he wants to sh*t it like he shat it at Hampden when shitting Spain sh*t all over them shatting selves against Scotland then he can be my shitting F***ing guest.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #66: Mar 10, 2024 12:56:28 pm
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 1414 
      Reply #67: Mar 10, 2024 01:23:13 pm
      Nunezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz.....get in my son....

Just warmin' up..
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 263 
      Reply #68: Mar 10, 2024 01:23:32 pm
      COYR   :scarf:

Quick Reply