Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W9 D6 L6

Michael Edwards Returns to FSG

Read 4186 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,762 posts | 887 
      Re: Michael Edwards Returns to FSG
      Reply #69: Apr 25, 2024 01:51:41 pm

Where as Neville is happy to be the ex-player 'Utd fan' and mainly criticise the ownership, Carragher tries to be the 'neutral' ex-player /Liverpool fan so he goes overboard in his criticism of Liverpool to appear that way. For that reason he's annoying and his criticisms are often dumb
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,354 posts | 6395 
      Reply #70: Apr 25, 2024 02:03:46 pm
      Carragher talks a load of sh*t. Klopp and Edwards may well have had a falling out before Edwards left, but I highly doubt Jamie would have known anything about it. And if he did, he shouldn’t be sharing it so shame on him either way.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 889 posts | 174 
      Reply #71: Apr 25, 2024 02:08:46 pm
      Only thing worst than the likes of Didi, Owen, Mcmanna and Carra are the fools who actually read/listen to the sh*t they come out with.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,088 posts | 3445 
      Reply #72: Apr 25, 2024 02:24:50 pm
      Only thing worst than the likes of Didi, Owen, Mcmanna and Carra are the fools who actually read/listen to the sh*t they come out with.

Christ - I agree 😮
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 889 posts | 174 
      Reply #73: Apr 25, 2024 02:26:47 pm

No sh*t!

Here, have a like.

Now bore off and stop quoting me.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,088 posts | 3445 
      Reply #74: Apr 25, 2024 02:36:45 pm
      No sh*t!

Here, have a like.

Now bore off and stop quoting me.

😂😂

🔔end
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #75: Apr 25, 2024 03:51:49 pm
      Edwards is not fan of Nunez is he ? I don't like this approach of our journos openly slagging off our players though. It feels like Edwards is gonna be ruthless with Klopp being gone.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,491 posts | 220 
      Reply #76: Apr 25, 2024 04:03:03 pm
      Edwards is not fan of Nunez is he ? I don't like this approach of our journos openly slagging off our players though. It feels like Edwards is gonna be ruthless with Klopp being gone.
      This should be what happens

We need to return to stats driven buys imo

I expect a couple of big players gone on the summer and replaced with another couple the year after
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #77: Apr 25, 2024 04:20:22 pm
      Hit pieces on our own players is the worst possible way to go about things. If you were to sell him, it only hurts his value. And only turns players against senior leadership. We aren't united and we should n3ver act like it.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 889 posts | 174 
      Reply #78: Apr 25, 2024 04:34:43 pm

How do you know? Have you read a piece he's written about him? Have you heard an interview, or better yet overheard a conversation he's had about him? Come on, speak up!!

Edwards can't just walk back in, snap his fingers and everything will suddenly click into place.....yes he's taken up a higher position where he'll have more of a say but he still has to operate within the confinements what the club dictates.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,491 posts | 220 
      Reply #79: Apr 25, 2024 04:40:37 pm
      How do you know? Have you read a piece he's written about him? Have you heard an interview, or better yet overheard a conversation he's had about him? Come on, speak up!!

Edwards can't just walk back in, snap his fingers and everything will suddenly click into place.....yes he's taken up a higher position where he'll have more of a say but he still has to operate within the confinements what the club dictates.

Nobody can know unless you want to hear it from his mouth tho? You’re intelligent tbh, put it together yourself bud. We are putting together a stat driven approach again. It’s clear when Edward bought players in the past, they had to meet certain criteria’s (think you can find it online)

I think it’s very obvious Nunez, nor Diaz would have been at the club if we had our old structure at the club imo

It’s why Salah going is almost certain, no way we give him a new contract for the same wages

Crystal Palace have a winger who I rate very very highly who I hope we buy as he can make the step up imo
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,448 posts | 3427 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #80: Apr 25, 2024 07:22:28 pm
      If you believe what you read, the stats guys preferred nkunku over darwin. That's been a huge success hasn't it. This Crystal ball crap about Edwards really is just pissing in the wind.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,226 posts | 1222 
      Reply #81: Apr 25, 2024 07:32:17 pm
      If we believed the boards we would be selling practically our entire front line, half if not more of our midfield and a few defenders as well. That's not going to happen and whilst I agree we need to get back to making smart moves in the market, I think we will also have to work on developing those already here. There is potential to be unlocked.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,279 posts | 8590 
      Reply #82: Apr 25, 2024 08:57:16 pm

Why?

Isn't Edwards just involved in helping to choose the manager. ;)

It's Richard Hughes that will be dealing with the transfers.
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2024 09:09:32 pm by HUYTON RED »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,398 posts | 2825 
      Reply #83: Apr 25, 2024 09:26:16 pm
      Why?

Isn't Edwards just involved in helping to choose the manager. ;)

It's Richard Hughes that will be dealing with the transfers.

Do you think?

Most of the groundwork regarding transfers are done well before the window opens.

Long term it will be Hughes but considering he isn’t joining until the season is over I suspect this window will have Edwards written all over it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,279 posts | 8590 
      Reply #84: Apr 25, 2024 09:31:33 pm
      Do you think?

Most of the groundwork regarding transfers are done well before the window opens.

Long term it will be Hughes but considering he isn’t joining until the season is over I suspect this window will have Edwards written all over it.

Edwards isn't being employed by LFC, he's being employed by FSG. His job is to interview the applicants for manager's job.

Manager and Hughes will work on transfers. Edwards hasn't been employed in that role and didn't want it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,283 posts | 4938 
      Reply #85: Apr 26, 2024 08:07:14 pm
      Do you think?

That's how I see it but HR is correct as well. Edwards has a much broader remit so once Hughes is in he'll work for for FSG as a while not for us as he did before.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #86: Apr 26, 2024 08:31:47 pm
      If we believed the boards we would be selling practically our entire front line, half if not more of our midfield and a few defenders as well. That's not going to happen and whilst I agree we need to get back to making smart moves in the market, I think we will also have to work on developing those already here. There is potential to be unlocked.

Yeah, transition will not be massive. We will sell 2-3 players and buy 2-3 players

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,279 posts | 8590 
      Reply #87: Apr 27, 2024 08:44:03 pm
      This should be what happens

We need to return to stats driven buys imo

I expect a couple of big players gone on the summer and replaced with another couple the year after

Michael Edwards fanboy then!!

No wonder you're always sticking the knife into the manager and Nunez.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,491 posts | 220 
      Reply #88: Apr 27, 2024 09:32:47 pm

Ehh?

Sticking the knife ?

I am struggling to respond to your stupidity today everywhere as you just can’t stop today. Take a break somewhere

You’re literally like a little dog following me around today😂 I find you so hilarious, a proper comedy act. Don’t ever change son.

I’m not sure what you’re saying about the manager when I was defending him today vs salah whilst you were doing the opposite , but at this point, I expect this bipolar response from you

You got me on Nunez, I want a striker who can pass and finish, guilty as charged.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,491 posts | 220 
      Reply #89: Apr 27, 2024 09:34:30 pm

Also Edwards oversaw one of our best runs in the last 30 years btw

You should be happy IF you are a red to have him back

Let’s hope he can help us play a part in bring the team back to the top again.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #90: Apr 27, 2024 10:50:20 pm
      What makes you think that the Saudis are gonna come to Salah ? I heard that Saudis have cooled down their spending spree and that the Saudi league flopped. Also we will have a new manager with UCL next season, so if Salah doesn't want to leave then there is nothing we can do.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,398 posts | 2825 
      Reply #91: Apr 27, 2024 10:56:15 pm
      What makes you think that the Saudis are gonna come to Salah ? I heard that Saudis have cooled down their spending spree and that the Saudi league flopped. Also we will have a new manager with UCL next season, so if Salah doesn't want to leave then there is nothing we can do.

The Saudis ain't the type to just give up.

Either way if an offer doesn't come then he'll just leave on a free next year. No way do Edwards/Hughes give him a new deal.

Quick Reply