Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man U?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      2 (3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (7.6%)
      Jarell Quansah
      1 (1.5%)
      Conor Bradley
      2 (3%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (10.6%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      31 (47%)
      Wataru Endo
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      11 (16.7%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      1 (1.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      6 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: Apr 11, 2024 05:26:34 pm

Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10273 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,366 posts | 1414 
      Re: Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Apr 07, 2024 09:17:38 pm
      Yeah...harsh lesson for Quansah. Just get the feeling he is doing an impression of VVD. And yer can't do what the big man does..he might look casual but it hides intensity.

Quansah was just so casual with the kind of VVD nonchalance..but yes he has come a long way this season.
      Brian57953956
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #714: Apr 07, 2024 09:18:55 pm
      Diaz scored, Nunez assist, Salah pen, I'm more worried by the 2 sh*t goals we gave away, also we started poor again. Would happily take a few 1-0 scrappy wins.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,130 posts | 127 
      Reply #715: Apr 07, 2024 09:19:24 pm
      Big time mate but to fair it was everyone Slob had at least 4 chances, united are sh*te and we are guilty of letting them off the hook again, and they're loving it
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,050 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #716: Apr 07, 2024 09:23:08 pm
      Diaz scored, Nunez assist, Salah pen, I'm more worried by the 2 sh*t goals we gave away, also we started poor again. Would happily take a few 1-0 scrappy wins.

It does feel like the only way we can be sure to win games is by scoring 3 goals which instantly makes it harder due to the pressure whereas Arsenal/City both have different methods to win games, they can smash them, win an ugly 1-0 or just be handed the win by the ref.
      rossyred

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #717: Apr 07, 2024 09:27:02 pm
      How many big games has Diaz won us ... been the match winner ... any game not just big games. Same with Nunez? How many big games has he delivered the big goal?

Yeah decisions have gone against us. But we threw 2 points away today, couldnt beat their battered injury ravaged team at home, couldnt beat luton town and chucked away 2 points at brighton after missing chances to win that game.

Too many draws again. We lost 2 titles due to too many draws. Weve lost less than the other 2 ... yet too many draws.

Luton -Diaz rescued point
      Newcastle won solely on Nunez
      Forest Numez

Don77

• 6,621 posts | 1114 
      Reply #718: Apr 07, 2024 09:39:36 pm
      Luton -Diaz rescued point
      Newcastle won solely on Nunez
      Forest Numez

You wont need 2 hands. But you will if youre looking at the top attacking players at arsenal and city. They deliver, far more often than not, when it matters most. In the big games. I can go back to Torres, Fowler, Owen, Rush, Mane, Salah. What we had up there today isnt near that level.

4th goal in a 4-1 win v luton isnt a big goal.

Salah cant do it for them all the time. He cant be the matchwinner all the time.

Jota scores big goals. Winning goals. And we have missed him. Feels like it will be too late by the time he is back. Even if he hits the ground running, which is unlikely.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,198 posts | 3478 
      Reply #719: Apr 07, 2024 09:40:36 pm
      How many big games has Diaz won us ... been the match winner ... any game not just big games. Same with Nunez? How many big games has he delivered the big goal?

Yeah decisions have gone against us. But we threw 2 points away today, couldnt beat their battered injury ravaged team at home, couldnt beat luton town and chucked away 2 points at brighton after missing chances to win that game.

Too many draws again. We lost 2 titles due to too many draws. Weve lost less than the other 2 ... yet too many draws.

Stop embarrassing yourself

It wasn’t that long ago that Nunez was scoring the winner against Forest
      Don77

• 6,621 posts | 1114 
      Reply #720: Apr 07, 2024 09:42:46 pm
      Im off to bed. 3am get up tomorrow. Hopefully il feel more positive than i do tonight. Feels like its slipping away now though.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,919 posts | 437 
      Reply #721: Apr 07, 2024 10:10:24 pm
      Im off to bed. 3am get up tomorrow. Hopefully il feel more positive than i do tonight. Feels like its slipping away now though.

We've gone from the bookies favourites to the outsiders of the 3.

City favs at 6/4 Arsenal 15/8 and we've gone from Evens out to 5/2.

To win those 3 away games in a row is going to be extremely tough but it's a must now.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,050 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #722: Apr 07, 2024 11:20:40 pm
      We've gone from the bookies favourites to the outsiders of the 3.

City favs at 6/4 Arsenal 15/8 and we've gone from Evens out to 5/2.

To win those 3 away games in a row is going to be extremely tough but it's a must now.

Means F**k all. We were outsiders before City and Arsenal drew. Next week we'll probably be favorites again, or Arsenal might finally be. It'll change another 10 times before the end of the season but hey, at least the bookies will be able to say at one point in the last month they got it right.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,598 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #723: Apr 07, 2024 11:28:56 pm
      Am getting memes from Utd fans about LFC fans retreating to caves etc etc.
      As if they'd won.
      They are at home, being dominated for large parts, though get a draw, but are a distant 6th place - but for some reason think they are the dogs bollocks.
      Was going to reply, but don't want to be mean.
      Pity got the better of me.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,217 posts | 1106 
      Reply #724: Apr 07, 2024 11:42:38 pm
      Am getting memes from Utd fans about LFC fans retreating to caves etc etc.
      As if they'd won.
      They are at home, being dominated for large parts, though get a draw, but are a distant 6th place - but for some reason think they are the dogs bollocks.
      We're alive for 3 titles bro, KOing us from a cup and a draw at home in the league were their world cup finals this season. Let them have their fun, in the end they know what's up

I'm low right night too, but we gotta believe there's a golden sky on the horizon.

YNWA
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,050 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #725: Apr 07, 2024 11:54:02 pm

Shameful attitude.  :P
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,050 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #726: Apr 08, 2024 12:11:39 am
      You wont need 2 hands. But you will if youre looking at the top attacking players at arsenal and city. They deliver, far more often than not, when it matters most. In the big games. I can go back to Torres, Fowler, Owen, Rush, Mane, Salah. What we had up there today isnt near that level.

4th goal in a 4-1 win v luton isnt a big goal.

Salah cant do it for them all the time. He cant be the matchwinner all the time.

Jota scores big goals. Winning goals. And we have missed him. Feels like it will be too late by the time he is back. Even if he hits the ground running, which is unlikely.

Isn't the opening goal against Utd a big goal? Opening the scoring against Chelsea? What about an equaliser at Brighton before we get a winning goal? What about his (fortunate) assist for Mac against Sheffield Utd? Scoring the goal that ensures we get into the final of a cup? Are they big contributions?

Salah missed the target from 3 yards after Onana spilled Diaz's shot, you cannot do that. Salah is by far our biggest wage collector, we pay him 350k to do exactly that, Szobo set him up perfectly and he skies another big chance. When 2 big chances fall to you and you take neither then you'll be criticised for it, especially when it leads to points being dropped.
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2024 12:26:29 am by The-AllMightyReds »
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #727: Apr 08, 2024 12:37:00 am
      I thought Quansah had a great game save for the loose pass that led to the equaliser.

One question, though. What was Kellerher doing so far out of the box? Kellerher takes a huge part of the blame for this loss of 2 points. How is Mainoo beating you? Poor Positioning. #MUNLIV
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,050 posts | 206 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #728: Apr 08, 2024 12:51:20 am
      I thought Quansah had a great game save for the loose pass that led to the equaliser.

One question, though. What was Kellerher doing so far out of the box? Kellerher takes a huge part of the blame for this loss of 2 points. How is Mainoo beating you? Poor Positioning. #MUNLIV

Kelleher is completely blameless for both goals. It's a standard position to take up when your side is in possession and under no pressure from the opposition so you can sweep up if needed and also makes it easier to receive a back pass from the defence. It's pretty common knowledge.

Mainoo's effort was class, into the side netting....no keeper including Ali is saving that one pal.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6787 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #729: Apr 08, 2024 04:43:38 am
      Kelleher is completely blameless for both goals. It's a standard position to take up when your side is in possession and under no pressure from the opposition so you can sweep up if needed and also makes it easier to receive a back pass from the defence. It's pretty common knowledge.

Mainoo's effort was class, into the side netting....no keeper including Ali is saving that one pal.

For the first goal, the first thing I saw when I saw the replay was Kelleher diving and missing it my millimeters. The immediate thought in my my mind was Ali is taller, he would have got that!

Not blaming Kells at all, he's been outstanding for us. That was just a freak piece of sh*t thing that happened to us.

But that's where my brain went.

The 2nd one I have to have a proper look at it, was too fuming at the time, but I'm sure I remember 2- 3 defenders around him, how the F**k does he get that shot away and on fkn target!!!! No one saves that, no one!

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #730: Apr 08, 2024 08:05:16 am
      It was a good thing that kelleher never touched the ball as he eas out of his area and would have been sent off
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #731: Apr 08, 2024 08:17:49 am
      Disappointing result after dominating them for almost 90 mins. Got to move on and focus on the next game.

I thought all the players were good, obviously a lot of frustration due to missed chances but they kept working and deserved a  lot more than we got out of the game. sh*t happens, we need to be more clinical but I think we still have a very good chance of winning the league.
      We are in a much better position than I expected us to be in about 7 months ago.
      Fcuking ell Gaz 😂 how do you get +2 for saying you dominate us for 90 mins 😂 we battered you in the first 20 mins then you took the other 25 in first half. We came all guns firing again for the first 15 mins then you fuckers controlled the game again. 🤦‍♂️

Not even sure it was a penalty, yer man purposely left his foot there. Main thing is you lost 2 points though so all good, that’s if your a manc. 😂

It’s by no means over though, plenty of great football to watch over the next 6/7 weeks.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #732: Apr 08, 2024 08:19:59 am

Man 🤦‍♂️what the F**k am I reading here 🤷‍♂️ there’s not a goal keeper past or present that would have stopped Mainoo’s goal. Take the tints off for once.
      Harrisimo

• 8,366 posts | 1414 
      Reply #733: Apr 08, 2024 08:40:32 am
      Man 🤦‍♂️what the F**k am I reading here 🤷‍♂️ there’s not a goal keeper past or present that would have stopped Mainoo’s goal. Take the tints off for once.

Yeah it was a quality strike. Was a clear penalty. You didn't create all that much in the first 15/20 or so. Yes you were strong but your the feckin' home team. On the whole it was our poor form in front of goal that determined the result.

I give you credit for the draw, but you, shamelessly,were prepared to 'take a draw' before the match. Lot of disappointment on our side but were still in there fighting and as I say this season will have a special place because it's our last with JK...how sad..
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6787 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #734: Apr 08, 2024 08:55:36 am
      It was a good thing that kelleher never touched the ball as he eas out of his area and would have been sent off

Never thought of that mate.

Was too jaw dropped at what I had just witnessed.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,179 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #735: Apr 08, 2024 08:57:04 am
      Yeah it was a quality strike. Was a clear penalty. You didn't create all that much in the first 15/20 or so. Yes you were strong but your the feckin' home team. On the whole it was our poor form in front of goal that determined the result.

I give you credit for the draw, but you, shamelessly,were prepared to 'take a draw' before the match. Lot of disappointment on our side but were still in there fighting and as I say this season will have a special place because it's our last with JK...how sad..

Nar, I think we were on top and had you rattled that first 15 mins. 😂

You’re right though, standards have dropped when you consider we are at home and happy to go away with a draw, that’s how low we’ve dropped down the pecking order. 🤦‍♂️

Quick Reply