Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man U?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      2 (3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (7.6%)
      Jarell Quansah
      1 (1.5%)
      Conor Bradley
      2 (3%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (10.6%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      31 (47%)
      Wataru Endo
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      11 (16.7%)
      Darwin NĆŗƱez
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      1 (1.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      6 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: Apr 11, 2024 05:26:34 pm

Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12788 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Re: Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Apr 08, 2024 09:15:42 am
      Yeah it was a quality strike. Was a clear penalty. You didn't create all that much in the first 15/20 or so. Yes you were strong but your the feckin' home team. On the whole it was our poor form in front of goal that determined the result.

I give you credit for the draw, but you, shamelessly,were prepared to 'take a draw' before the match. Lot of disappointment on our side but were still in there fighting and as I say this season will have a special place because it's our last with JK...how sad..

One of the worst United teams Iā€™ve ever seen, canā€™t believe we let them off the hook again! Bunch of horrible slimey bitter cu*ts.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #737: Apr 08, 2024 09:36:48 am
      One of the worst United teams Iā€™ve ever seen, canā€™t believe we let them off the hook again! Bunch of horrible slimey bitter cu*ts.

Lost count the amount of times during the late 70ā€™s and 80ā€™s the cu*ts managed to get a result against us
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #738: Apr 08, 2024 09:44:31 am
      Hate playing them. Always thought it would be a draw, but we should have won easy. Doh
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #739: Apr 08, 2024 10:06:15 am
      Iā€™ll take that if Arsenal win the league.
      Anyone but City
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #740: Apr 08, 2024 10:10:45 am
      Hate playing them. Always thought it would be a draw, but we should have won easy. Doh

Same applies here, we missed a bucket full of chances, to win the game by a mile. Chasing Arsenal, albeit on goal difference.

Awful misplaced pass by Quanash, to gift Utd, with their first goal

Two points thrown away for sure !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #741: Apr 08, 2024 10:14:07 am
      Just heard the sick chanting was out and about from those cu*ts as usual.

Disgusting!

The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,135 posts | 222 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #742: Apr 08, 2024 10:17:35 am

Disgusting!

Would you expect any better from them?

You'll get the same answer if you ask yourself whether the FA will do anything about it.

There was a moment when the chanting could be heard and the camera was on a section of the Utd fans behind the dugout and there was this 1 guy (really F***ing ugly cave man troll looking fella) must've been in his 50s looking towards the away end belting out the chant. I was sat watching thinking, man I hope one day a nuke drops square on your F***ing face when you're asleep.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #743: Apr 08, 2024 10:19:08 am
      Na, wasn't expecting anything from those Inbreds other then, something jammy happening to help them out!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      Reply #744: Apr 08, 2024 10:25:30 am
      Pressure is now on Arsenal and City. We're "also-rans" if you read some of the reports. Fine by me. We're ahead of City, period, and now we get to find out if Arsenal have the bottle when they see the finishing line. They didn't last time out.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's another twist before the end of the season.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #745: Apr 08, 2024 10:43:37 am

For the first goal, the first thing I saw when I saw the replay was Kelleher diving and missing it my millimeters. The immediate thought in my my mind was Ali is taller, he would have got that!

Not blaming Kells at all, he's been outstanding for us. That was just a freak piece of sh*t thing that happened to us.

But that's where my brain went.

The 2nd one I have to have a proper look at it, was too fuming at the time, but I'm sure I remember 2- 3 defenders around him, how the F**k does he get that shot away and on fkn target!!!! No one saves that, no one!

Kelleher Gets to that ball and he is off with a red card need to see the replay but he looked he was out side of the box
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #746: Apr 08, 2024 10:46:20 am
      Kelleher Gets to that ball and he is off with a red card need to see the replay but he looked he was out side of the box

Correct. He was outside the box, so if he saves it we're down to 10 men.

The youngsters being great this season has got us this far.
      Unfortunately today was a game where they got some of the basics wrong and it cost the team.
      Having said that, it wasn't Quansah's fault that so many chances were squandered in the first half.
      Once again the team should have been out of sight by the second half and paid the price for not taking their chances.
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2024 10:58:01 am by racerx34 »
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,135 posts | 222 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #747: Apr 08, 2024 10:50:21 am
      Question.

Would Kelleher still have been sent off had he got a finger/hand on the ball.....but it went in anyway?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #748: Apr 08, 2024 10:54:44 am
      Canā€™t believe some of sh*te emanating from these boards regarding yesterday, yes we threw away 2 points and yes we should have wiped the floor with them, but some of you clearly donā€™t understand the word support, weā€™re all,entitled to opinions good or bad but to constantly abuse our players takes it to another level,

A good friend of mine asked why I hadnā€™t posted in the post match thread, itā€™s because of all the caustic sh*te that some of you come out with, itā€™s f***in pathetic it really is, now I get the frustration i do there was no one more frustrated than me, come and ask my neighbourā€™s,

Quansah didnā€™t cost us yesterday, he made a mistake, heā€™s a kid he will do, its probably the only one he made, he was looking to pass it forward and changed his mind, he turned and was obviously in two minds and under hit his back pass, Virgil himself has made mistakes himself so get off the kids back,

What really cost us was our front three, and their lack of composure, and not being clinical enough, but those same three have helped get us to where we are now so again we canā€™t be over critical of them, they had a awful day, Diaz a winger and not a prolific scorer did score, and did waste some chances, Nunez had one of those brain fart days where in the end he was probably trying too much, where a simple pass would resulted in a goal, Mo, jeez Mo where the F**k was his head yesterday, so so unlike him to have such a off day, heā€™s had off days before, but not like this, he did score, from the spot but apart from that he didnā€™t give us a lot,

Now I donā€™t know if a touch of complacency has fallen on our front three, perhaps knowing that theyā€™ll be playing each week regardless has perhaps diluted their enthusiasm, I doubt it but something is amiss thatā€™s for sure, so I for one canā€™t wait until Jota returns, maybe him coming back will reignite the desire to want to play and maybe just maybe give Diaz, Nunez & Mo a collective kick up the hole,

We f***in hammered them Scummy cnuts yesterday, played them off their park, as I thought we would, and despite the disappointment weā€™re still in a title race, of the three horses involved weā€™ve clipped the top of a fence, there are another 7 fences to jump yet and Iā€™m betting the other two horses will clip fences too, in a weird sort of way, maybe us clipping that fence will whip us into action and we will now gallop into the finishing straight Una bated and stride all the way to the finish line !!

No more Horsing around, Neigh Bother, weā€™re a Stable competitor 🤪😁👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

YNWA
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #749: Apr 08, 2024 11:16:28 am
      Question.

Would Kelleher still have been sent off had he got a finger/hand on the ball.....but it went in anyway?

Good question referee wouldā€™ve probably just give the goal but with VAR we have no clue
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #750: Apr 08, 2024 11:27:10 am

Disgusting!

They won't stop mate when there's F**k all done by the the F***ing Arseholes (FA) and when they're in the Europa next season the vile chants will increase!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #751: Apr 08, 2024 11:40:02 am

I can handle city winning because we know itā€™s via cheating - canā€™t handle Lego head winning - the man is arrogant enough as it is
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #752: Apr 08, 2024 11:40:57 am
      Canā€™t believe some of sh*te emanating from these boards regarding yesterday, yes we threw away 2 points and yes we should have wiped the floor with them, but some of you clearly donā€™t understand the word support, weā€™re all,entitled to opinions good or bad but to constantly abuse our players takes it to another level,

A good friend of mine asked why I hadnā€™t posted in the post match thread, itā€™s because of all the caustic sh*te that some of you come out with, itā€™s f***in pathetic it really is, now I get the frustration i do there was no one more frustrated than me, come and ask my neighbourā€™s,

Quansah didnā€™t cost us yesterday, he made a mistake, heā€™s a kid he will do, its probably the only one he made, he was looking to pass it forward and changed his mind, he turned and was obviously in two minds and under hit his back pass, Virgil himself has made mistakes himself so get off the kids back,

What really cost us was our front three, and their lack of composure, and not being clinical enough, but those same three have helped get us to where we are now so again we canā€™t be over critical of them, they had a awful day, Diaz a winger and not a prolific scorer did score, and did waste some chances, Nunez had one of those brain fart days where in the end he was probably trying too much, where a simple pass would resulted in a goal, Mo, jeez Mo where the F**k was his head yesterday, so so unlike him to have such a off day, heā€™s had off days before, but not like this, he did score, from the spot but apart from that he didnā€™t give us a lot,

Now I donā€™t know if a touch of complacency has fallen on our front three, perhaps knowing that theyā€™ll be playing each week regardless has perhaps diluted their enthusiasm, I doubt it but something is amiss thatā€™s for sure, so I for one canā€™t wait until Jota returns, maybe him coming back will reignite the desire to want to play and maybe just maybe give Diaz, Nunez & Mo a collective kick up the hole,

We f***in hammered them Scummy cnuts yesterday, played them off their park, as I thought we would, and despite the disappointment weā€™re still in a title race, of the three horses involved weā€™ve clipped the top of a fence, there are another 7 fences to jump yet and Iā€™m betting the other two horses will clip fences too, in a weird sort of way, maybe us clipping that fence will whip us into action and we will now gallop into the finishing straight Una bated and stride all the way to the finish line !!

YNWA

👏👏👏👏👏👏
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,943 posts | 452 
      Reply #753: Apr 08, 2024 11:41:29 am
      https://youtu.be/TPZnxy1lZ2U?si=bpB7Nlho-Nt61mzn

Always find this fella on YouTube a cathartic watch.

Hope it helps someone today.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #754: Apr 08, 2024 12:03:00 pm

All the thoughts and all the words ALL of us have were thinking during the game...and all the thoughts and words we all thought after the game expertly articulated.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,262 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #755: Apr 08, 2024 12:17:33 pm

YNWA

You sound like a fxuking joc_key la  :lmao: :lmao: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

You far from battered us as we turned up ( just because it was you lot 😂 )  those first 15
      /20 mins the lot of you were saying how bad you were playing. We even came out firing in the first 10/15 mins of the second half. Granted the quality in you lot did come through, questionable penalty but probably the right call 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø Iā€™ve seen them not given, your lad defo milked it and left his foot there.

Im a gambling man as you know but even now itā€™s very hard to call. There will be no surprises if all the top 3 still drop points, if any of the given teams have a pivotal injury that could turn the tide again. Still plenty of twist and turns in this title race for sure.

Bet youā€™re sweating on our Ā£50 wager 😂😂 ( I know I am ) Have you stopped singing that tune Arsenal will bottle it? Since youā€™ve made that comment theyā€™ve won about 11 or 12 of their last 13 matches and drawn one, that was against City so no disgrace in that. Another one you got wrong mate. 😂

To be fair though I understand why you go missing after a defeat sometimes, I always thought it was because you dummy came out but realise it wasnā€™t. Some of you do post plenty of drivel after a defeat or played badly.

Like you said 7 more hurdles yet and still all to play for. COME ON THE GUNNERS! 😍

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      Reply #756: Apr 08, 2024 12:24:45 pm

Yup. Agreed with everything said.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #757: Apr 08, 2024 12:45:00 pm
      Keith, you son of a bi*ch, what's yalls secret? How do yall get us to stoop to your level and play as poor as you?

Congratulations fella  >:(
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #758: Apr 08, 2024 12:55:35 pm
      The fact that United fans are happy about a draw and in a season where they gonna finish outside the top 5, shows how far they have fallen.

Quick Reply