Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Atalanta?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      4 (8.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      2 (4.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      3 (6.5%)
      Harvey Elliott
      3 (6.5%)
      Wataru Endo
      1 (2.2%)
      Cody Gakpo
      12 (26.1%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (4.3%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      16 (34.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: Apr 15, 2024 09:51:25 pm

Liverpool 0-3 Atalanta: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 9448 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,324 posts | 772 
      Re: Liverpool 0-3 Atalanta: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Apr 11, 2024 11:00:36 pm
      Taken apart at home by a better team on the night, end of story !
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #461: Apr 11, 2024 11:01:20 pm
      This team is not winning 7 games straight in the PL. I guarantee you that we are dropping points against Everton/West ham and we are drawing to Spurs. We had better chances at winning the Europa league than the PL.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #462: Apr 11, 2024 11:03:35 pm
      I'm in utter disbelief.

Easy to blame Nunez or Gomez or even VVD but the whole team APART from Gakpo stunk out the place.

There's a chance still but regardless that performance was ABYSMAL.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,461 posts | 822 
      Reply #463: Apr 11, 2024 11:06:22 pm
      That result has been coming for a while now, look at how many clean sheets we’ve kept can’t concede goals and win trophies, it been there for weeks but we have managed to score more than conceding but it caught up with us tonight
      True enough it's been coming....They could have had 7 tonight...A week ago we only just got past Sheffield United. Play like that again and even Everton would do us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6420 
      Reply #464: Apr 11, 2024 11:08:10 pm
      Mane and Bobby have gone move on. Ridiculous statement
      No sh*t????

Damn I need to get an updated roster!!!! 🤯
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #465: Apr 11, 2024 11:08:22 pm
      I'm in utter disbelief.

Easy to blame Nunez or Gomez or even VVD but the whole team APART from Gakpo stunk out the place.

I agree, I thought he alone showed his quality tonight, apart from Robbo when he came on.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #466: Apr 11, 2024 11:08:27 pm
      Just the league cup it is then.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #467: Apr 11, 2024 11:09:16 pm
      Jota clearly winning MotM. Tells you everything you need to know about tonight.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,214 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #468: Apr 11, 2024 11:10:24 pm
      Why am I in the same bracket as him?  :lmao:

:lmao:
      DanMann

• 5,796 posts | 892 
      Reply #469: Apr 11, 2024 11:10:44 pm
      Have to mention Jota (as others have done). The only player who tried and wanted it. Obviously needs game time to get back on it, but just relieved to see him back.

Give them a proper kicking tonight and then give it all. We've got Ali back in goal and Jota up front. Bradley at right back.. a different team in that 2nd leg. We can turn this around. But we need to sort the nonsense now. We need a run of form.

Too many players have proven tonight that they are not good enough for LFC
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,461 posts | 822 
      Reply #470: Apr 11, 2024 11:11:33 pm
      Just the league cup it is then.
      The F*cking Mickey Mouse Mother F*cking Cup! That won't be going along Queens Drive in an open top double decker!
      Harrisimo

• 8,391 posts | 1422 
      Reply #471: Apr 11, 2024 11:11:35 pm
      Boss will have to lift them now..I mean he might make them hitchhike to Italy if they don't batter Palace. But this has to be used to spur the team on. Just strolling about untill somebody does something has to stop.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,098 posts | 217 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #472: Apr 11, 2024 11:11:48 pm
      Jota clearly winning MotM. Tells you everything you need to know about tonight.

A lot of those votes are probably "it's great to see you again Diogo, here have a click"....in truth he probably wasn't far behind Gakpo as MOTM but Gakpo was very good out there tonight, didn't deserve to be on the losing side.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6420 
      Reply #473: Apr 11, 2024 11:12:05 pm
      Think this is the game where Salah decides to move to Saudi now for next season.

Why? So he can win the sum total of F**k all?
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #474: Apr 11, 2024 11:12:38 pm
      True enough it's been coming....They could have had 7 tonight...A week ago we only just got past Sheffield United. Play like that again and even Everton would do us.

We will finish a distant 3rd. Theyve not got the steel or the balls. Only Arsenal can stop city. But i dont think they will.

Ive no complaints with 0-3. Ive every complaint with our attitude tonight. Ive had a few drinks and im pretty angry. But fair play to the italians ... no diving or spoiling. They schooled us on our own pitch and were levels above us in every aspect of the game. Fair result
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,098 posts | 217 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #475: Apr 11, 2024 11:12:40 pm
      I'm in utter disbelief.

There's a chance still but regardless that performance was ABYSMAL.

I agree to an extent but if Nunez buries that chance at 0-0 it's an entirely different game....& I love Nunez but he really had to score that because after that it was pretty inevitable we were gonna pass up the first goal of the game, giftwrapped.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #476: Apr 11, 2024 11:20:40 pm
      I agree to an extent but if Nunez buries that chance at 0-0 it's an entirely different game....& I love Nunez but he really had to score that.

Yep. Hes rubbish mate. And you f*cking know it. Should have been dropped after sunday.

My dad just said to me theyll come out sunday and tear into palace. I said nahhhh they will come out fast asleep, comotose, demotivated , and be 1-0 down within 5 minutes.

Which scenario are you going for? The work ethic tonight was embarrassing.  Szobo lost that ball ... just jogged back. Pathetic.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,461 posts | 822 
      Reply #477: Apr 11, 2024 11:20:48 pm
      We will finish a distant 3rd. Theyve not got the steel or the balls. Only Arsenal can stop city. But i dont think they will.

Ive no complaints with 0-3. Ive every complaint with our attitude tonight. Ive had a few drinks and im pretty angry. But fair play to the italians ... no diving or spoiling. They schooled us on our own pitch and were levels above us in every aspect of the game. Fair result
      ..Time will tell...are the days of the Mentality monsters long gone?...feels like it doesn't it. Any team can lose a game of football, but that was a sh*thouse performance...we shouldn't be getting tw*tted by these...not acceptable.
      Harrisimo

• 8,391 posts | 1422 
      Reply #478: Apr 11, 2024 11:23:39 pm
      Nunez is coming under the microscope and it's clear his raging bull act isn't enough. He just isn't closing it down. If he's got time and space he has a chance but if it's tight and has to be instinctive then he misses most.

Rubbing our hands at the thought of him causing chaos...now it's..is that all you've got. Really like him and maybe just needs to tuck a few away to get the confidence back. Might not start V Palace though and being out of it might help in the short term.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #479: Apr 11, 2024 11:25:55 pm
      Nunez is coming under the microscope and it's clear his raging bull act isn't enough. He just isn't closing it down. If he's got time and space he has a chance but if it's tight and has to be instinctive then he misses most.
      Rubbing our hands at the thought of him causing chaos...now it's..is that all you've got. Really like him and maybe just needs to tuck a few away to get the confidence back. Might not start V Palace though and being out of it might help in the short term.

Once Diogo can play a full 90mins Darwin’s an impact sub I reckon
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #480: Apr 11, 2024 11:27:08 pm
      ..Time will tell...are the days of the Mentality monsters long gone?...feels like it doesn't it. Any team can lose a game of football, but that was a sh*thouse performance...we shouldn't be getting tw*tted by these...not acceptable.

They were very good though. They had a plan. They pressed. Didnt give a ball away all night. Disciplined. Strong. We were gutless, feeble lazy cowards. No leaders on that pitch. Be 2 or 3nil next week too.

Defensively we are embarrassing.  Poorly coached and zero work ethic.

Offensively ... so wasteful. Outside of salah and jota ... poor standard players though i would give gakpo another year. He did well tonight.
      rossyred

• 9,312 posts | 1671 
      Reply #481: Apr 11, 2024 11:33:37 pm
      I ain't given up.yet bit I will know a bit more at 4pm Sunday which is now one of the biggest games . We win that  with an impressive and dominant performance its still on
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #482: Apr 11, 2024 11:38:26 pm
      I ain't given up.yet bit I will know a bit more at 4pm Sunday which is now one of the biggest games . We win that  with an impressive and dominant performance its still on

Theyve gone mate. Theyve not got it in them. That was weak. We will have zero reaction sunday. Just a slow sloppy comotose start and be a goal down in 5 minutes. Arsenal and city are the contenders

Quick Reply