Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (5.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (3.8%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      2 (3.8%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (3.8%)
      Mohamed Salah
      1 (1.9%)
      Luis Diaz
      35 (67.3%)
      Wataru Endo
      0 (0%)
      Jarell Quansah
      3 (5.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      2 (3.8%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: Apr 28, 2024 09:59:00 pm

Everton 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5824 times
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Re: Everton 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #851: Apr 25, 2024 12:28:55 am
      I'll enjoy the highs and the lows that go along with being a supporter of this beautiful club.  Please F**k off and jump on the City bandwagon.  Last time I checked, they have plenty of empty seats in their stadium for "fans" like you....

I don't give flying two fucks what you think of me and I will support whatever team I F***ing want. I don't need a random guy on a public forum to tell me what to do or who to support , so keep your shitty ass opinion to yourself.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,923 posts | 965 
      Reply #852: Apr 25, 2024 12:51:43 am

I don't give flying two fucks what you think of me and I will support whatever team I F***ing want. I don't need a random guy on a public forum to tell me what to do or who to support , so keep your shitty ass opinion to yourself.

Deal -- you are now on ignore.  Hopefully the others follow suit so I don't gave to see anyone quote and/or repost your drivel. 

Cheers douchebag
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,710 posts | 3718 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #853: Apr 25, 2024 03:08:54 am
      The recent weeks are evidence enough that Klopp’s decision was the right one. You can see his is obliviously tired and mentally spent. Hard to imagine how he will put it right for the next game. It now reflected on the team and the performance. It happens and it is not the end of the world. It hurts to lose against the bitters and dropping out of the title race but look at the bigger picture:

We won one trophy this season and got back into the CL. Now let’s just finish the season with a bit of decency.

New manager will come in next season and we have a fresh start.

Exactly my thoughts. We need new energy and Klopp knows it too. He's a decent person to understand it from within the situation.

We go again next season. Ynwa
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #854: Apr 25, 2024 03:53:51 am
      Haven’t posted for months. Thought I’d say my piece as last nights result appears to be the end of our season now.

I always start with the line up. The only change I’d have made would have been endo for Jones. Endo has been poor in the last couple of games but it would have freed Macallister and allowed him to get further forward. Jones isn’t good enough for this team either. If he wasn’t scouse, he wouldn’t be playing for us that’s just the brutal truth of it. He’s genuinely championship level and was completely out of his depth again last night.

But anyway, a few minutes in I could tell we just weren’t up for it the way Everton were. Few of our lads backing out of tackles, a real lack of energy in the side, no real pressing, no urgency in the passing. It was far too casual for a derby game. There was a real lack of leadership I thought. Nobody wanted to grab the game by the scruff.

There were so many players who stunk the place out last night, my god. Robertson is extremely fortunate to still have a place in our starting 11 because he’s been awful for ages now. He’s just lucky that Tsimikas isn’t up to it. Gomez is very unlucky to have lost his place because he’s had a very good season at left back and I think we’ve missed him in the past month or so.

I’ve said it endless times but I don’t rate Konate the same way the majority of reds do. I think he’s somewhere between an average and good centre back. I think he’s far from world class or he’s this monster that some reds want you to believe. Matip is a much better cb. I’ve got no doubt whatsoever had matip been fit this season we would have conceded a lot less goals and we would have more points on the board. But konate was terrible last night, really really poor. Virgil wasn’t much better to be honest.

Jones was the worst player on the pitch for me and sboz was a close second. I’m a huge fan of sboz but I’m struggling to defend him these days, he’s also been terrible for a while now.

Salah and Nunez were both shocking and even though I’m not his biggest fan either, I’ll give credit to Diaz because atleast he had a go. The quality was still lacking but I can’t fault his effort.

But with that all said, and it might appear I’m really throwing the boot in, I’m so thankful for everything klopp has done for our club and for me personally, giving me some of the best memories of my life. This era was truly special and it’s just sad it’s come to an end, especially in this manner, but bizarrely if we were told at the start of the season we would finish top 4 and win a cup I think the vast majority of us would have taken it.

We fell at the last hurdle but it was another good effort by the lads. We lost a few senior players in the summer and completely changed our midfield. To get this far, they’ve done well and they deserve credit. Emotions are just high at the moment because again, we came close and we’ve just lost to those knobheads over the road.

I do worry for when klopp goes though. I just can’t see anybody else in the world getting more out of this group than he did or could. It’s a huge job for slot or whoever comes in.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,256 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #855: Apr 25, 2024 07:36:48 am
      What i didnt like last night was the lack of fight, it went right through the team with the exception of Diaz. The team should be ashamed of themselves, and the likes of Jonrs Slob should be left on the bench for the rest of the season
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,565 posts | 1799 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #856: Apr 25, 2024 07:59:19 am
      I've fooled myself earlier on into thinking the league was still on, it had gone after the Palace game, we'd gone after the Utd game.
      We've gotten away with it a bit this season, very disappointed with Salah, Nunez and Szobo not good enough of late.
      Klopp is knackered now he's had enough, there's an argument for me he's been our greatest manager being at the level to compete with the financial might of City, Shanks and Paisley weren't up against a monster like that.
      Anyway that's for another day, a big summer coming up for us now some big decisions. Is Mo still feeling the effects of his injury or is he on the decline? Very interesting to see what Edwards does this summer.

Season finished when manky mob put us out the cup, the squad has been beaten since then sadly.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #857: Apr 25, 2024 08:11:09 am
      Anyone else feel that TAA hinders us when he plays? As good as he is it feels like his Hollywood balls and his need to ping 50 yarders every time he gets the ball just totally bypasses the midfield.

It gets highlighted even more the later a game goes on if we're chasing, he's putting lofted crosses in from anywhere on the pitch, and they're not measured they all feel like desperate punts to me.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2846 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #858: Apr 25, 2024 08:30:04 am
      Anyone else feel that TAA hinders us when he plays? As good as he is it feels like his Hollywood balls and his need to ping 50 yarders every time he gets the ball just totally bypasses the midfield.

It gets highlighted even more the later a game goes on if we're chasing, he's putting lofted crosses in from anywhere on the pitch, and they're not measured they all feel like desperate punts to me.

No, I just think hes w*nk in back post crosses scenarios.

Nrw manager needs to not be a smart arse playing him as an inverted full back and play him as ourcreative force in mid and play a proper right full at right full

Love to show Trent himself at the back post on crosses, then give him a slap and say stop being a fking fairy
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #859: Apr 25, 2024 08:32:42 am
      No, I just think hes w*nk in back post crosses scenarios.

Nrw manager needs to not be a smart arse playing him as an inverted full back and play him as ourcreative force in mid and play a proper right full at right full

Love to show Trent himself at the back post on crosses, then give him a slap and say stop being a fking fairy

Gomez has done well this season defensively while being a full back. Trent always has a brain fart near the far post while defending, as you said. Some things have to change for us to have a solid defense.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #860: Apr 25, 2024 08:55:36 am
      Trent could've had 3 assists yesterday if we had a half competent striker. People are too harsh on him, it's not his fault that we have someone upfront with 0 IQ and that Salah decided to sh*t the bed.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 6394 
      Reply #861: Apr 25, 2024 09:00:32 am

Or maybe he felt the need to bypass midfield because they were doing F**k all to create anything?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #862: Apr 25, 2024 09:07:03 am
      Or maybe he felt the need to bypass midfield because they were doing F**k all to create anything?

Yep, it was just side ways football.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Reply #863: Apr 25, 2024 09:07:09 am
      Doesn't feel any better in the cold light of day.  Would have been more fun if they had started the season absolutely sh*te and then put a good run in the final few months.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #864: Apr 25, 2024 09:18:23 am
      Doesn't feel any better in the cold light of day.  Would have been more fun if they had started the season absolutely sh*te and then put a good run in the final few months.

Yea.

We are where we probably felt we were just the way the wind have came gave that little bit more belief.

Still a bit of work to be done in this squad and probably for the best it's a new team and Head Coach and not Jürgen doing it with blinkers on.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Reply #865: Apr 25, 2024 10:00:37 am
      It’s the first game this season where I was more disappointed with some of the effort put in by the players and the choices of the subs

I know with Jota and Gakpo out there wasn’t many options on the bench but at least give Gravenburch a run after his previous performances
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 886 posts | 173 
      Reply #866: Apr 25, 2024 10:20:25 am
      Trent could've had 3 assists yesterday if we had a half competent striker. People are too harsh on him, it's not his fault that we have someone upfront with 0 IQ and that Salah decided to sh*t the bed.

3 assists, really? What chance did he set up that we fluffed? The Diaz chance (Pickford save) came from Darwin's flick on. Darwin's chance came from Salah laughably trying to take the ball in his stride and falling over it falling kindly to Nunez. Salah's chance came from Diaz beating his man and pulling it back to him.

The stats say he had 124 touches of the ball, hit 14 long balls (of which 3 found a red shirt) and created a grand total of 0 chances.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #867: Apr 25, 2024 10:21:29 am
      Avoided all press today, don’t need anyone telling me we were poor, it was obvious to all of us. Still feel absolutely gutted that our season has fizzled out so quickly. As for the Bitters, I get the feeling that they’re more delighted to have ended our title challenge than the fact they are now probably safe from relegation. Can’t wait for the video!
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 886 posts | 173 
      Reply #868: Apr 25, 2024 10:22:29 am
      Still can't get over that first goal we conceded, probably the worst goal we've conceded under Klopp....it was a F***ing shambles.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2846 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #869: Apr 25, 2024 10:36:13 am
      Avoided all press today, don’t need anyone telling me we were poor, it was obvious to all of us. Still feel absolutely gutted that our season has fizzled out so quickly. As for the Bitters, I get the feeling that they’re more delighted to have ended our title challenge than the fact they are now probably safe from relegation. Can’t wait for the video!

Hope your doing ok on a personal level, seen your post last night
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #870: Apr 25, 2024 11:25:25 am
      Not a poplar opinion but I think had Henderson/Fabinho been on the pitch last night they could have bought that extra energy & a bit of grit, it’s something we have lost since their departure, Mac has been phenomenal for us but lacks the quality alongside him..

Nunez, I’d be happy to see him sold in the summer with a more potent poacher/ finisher as a replacement…

The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 886 posts | 173 
      Reply #871: Apr 25, 2024 11:28:47 am
      Not a poplar opinion but I think had Henderson/Fabinho been on the pitch last night they could have bought that extra energy & a bit of grit, it’s something we have lost since their departure, Mac has been phenomenal for us but lacks the quality alongside him..

Nunez, I’d be happy to see him sold in the summer with a more potent poacher/ finisher as a replacement…

It's a team game Shabba....individual talent is pointless if they're playing as individuals.

The midfield with Fab and Hendo had identity before they lost their legs....the team had a clear structure and executed it to perfection, this midfield doesn't have that, the team doesn't have that. They're not playing for each other, everyone is doing their own thing. Who is that supposed to convince?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #872: Apr 25, 2024 11:33:06 am
      It's a team game Shabba....individual talent is pointless if they're playing as individuals.

The midfield with Fab and Hendo had identity before they lost their legs....the team had a clear structure and executed it to perfection, this midfield doesn't have that, the team doesn't have that. They're not playing for each other, everyone is doing their own thing. Who is that supposed to convince?

Disagree mate, they play as a team but we just don’t have that quality in midfield & clinical finishers upfront, our CB needs addressing too..

I just think with Klopp announcing when he did about his departure it bought a huge expectation & burden on the players to achieve the impossible, our senior player have been flogged to a point they have burnt out due to the intensity of keeping up with City…

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,565 posts | 1799 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #873: Apr 25, 2024 11:35:26 am
      It's no surprise really that the guys who were injured not long ago have struggled to get Thier early season form back.

The injuries have finally hit us, after we were doing so well with a depelated squad.

Quick Reply