Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (3.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (5.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (3.8%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      2 (3.8%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (3.8%)
      Mohamed Salah
      1 (1.9%)
      Luis Diaz
      35 (67.3%)
      Wataru Endo
      0 (0%)
      Jarell Quansah
      3 (5.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      2 (3.8%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: Apr 28, 2024 09:59:00 pm

Everton 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5806 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Re: Everton 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: Apr 24, 2024 10:31:04 pm

Salah will have offers from Saudis so take the money.

Nunez any offer would do fine.

Diaz might fancy sunny Spain unless he renews but I feel like he won't to move on..

As I said - it’s not a computer game , they aren’t going to let go the three main forwards in one summer

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,297 posts | 1403 
      Reply #783: Apr 24, 2024 10:31:06 pm
      Cutting edge from the front 6 just started to go first game against United. Picked it up a bit here and there but the strikers...went on strike.

Midfield selection hasn't always been right but the lack of drive and energy has been off and on for months. Did the intensity at the club as a whole drop off after the Boss announcement. Probably not.

When the strikers don't finish it off, they lose confidence and the team as a whole lose purpose and confidence. And that's the nub of it..don't score and you don't win.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2846 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #784: Apr 24, 2024 10:31:34 pm
      Take away the Klopp factor

Take away title contention factor

Now with them 2 out of the equation explain the F***ing state of that effort. Disgraceful for any Liverpool team to give that 90 minute effort in a derby
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #785: Apr 24, 2024 10:34:42 pm
      As I said - it’s not a computer game , they aren’t going to let go the three main forwards in one summer
      This^^^

But Lallana, a lot does need to change. I honestly could see a rehaul coming. Nunez and Mo for me. Diaz could benefit from a change of partnes in the front 3. He has the work rate to make us better and with a CF who puts goals away he could be better with what he creates
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,004 posts | 224 
      Reply #786: Apr 24, 2024 10:34:54 pm
      Fvking granny Shagar smirking on sky sports
      rossyred

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #787: Apr 24, 2024 10:35:23 pm
      We have just hung in there looked good on some.occasions but not in other twos ballpark.  Injuries haven't helped but when you see the season as a whole we have done well to be that close with the form.drops and also the actual quality of some of our players. For.me 6or 7 could easily leave just not up to the desired level
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Reply #788: Apr 24, 2024 10:36:28 pm
      Sad for Jürgen's time with us to peter out like this. Our forwards all ran out of form at once for whatever reason. And Jürgen's run out of gas and hasn't been able to lift them one for one more push. Was strange to see us more or less give up (Diaz maybe the exception) after their second went in. Very similar to what happened agsinst Atalanta, just seemed resigned to our fate.

Some interesting questions for the new manager re players. We don't need a clearout, although you can understand the knee jerking on here after that. But there are tough questions about all 3 forwards that played tonight, especially Mo n Nunez. If we get a big offer for Mo, I think I'd take it. Nunez could still be a good player for us but he's clearly not there yet and we can't rely on just hoping he will come good, so we need to bring a finisher even if he stays.

The defence I think need a kick up the arse more than anything. I think Jürgen has tolerated too many bad habits there for quite a long time now. Trent has been indulged for me, have thought this for 2 or 3 seasons. You think it'll be ok, cos he's so good going forward etc, and we can get away with just one iffy defender.  But the problem is that when one defender is allowed to treat defending as optional, that casualness starts to spread. I think we have good players across our defence, the new man just needs to get a bit less tolerant of slackness.

In midfield we need 1 top class CM so we're not over-reliant on Mac. He was very good all season for me, until the last month when his form troughed. Our poor form coincided with his, we just didn't have another midfield general who could step up.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Reply #789: Apr 24, 2024 10:37:26 pm
      This^^^

But Lallana, a lot does need to change. I honestly could see a rehaul coming. Nunez and Mo for me. Diaz could benefit from a change of partnes in the front 3. He has the work rate to make us better and with a CF who puts goals away he could be better with what he creates

I think Mo will leave and there will be a slight shift in the way they attack next year
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Reply #790: Apr 24, 2024 10:38:22 pm
      When you concede the first goal in 27 games in a season you probably need to think about sorting out the defence too.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #791: Apr 24, 2024 10:39:25 pm
      Disappointing, but the after the performance against Palace felt our race was run, so this result isn't a bolt from the blue.
      Bit of respite against Fulham, different look front line.

But it's hard to believe how bad Nunez and Salah have been for a few weeks now. We've created chances, but just not putting them away or simply doing enough in the last third. Nunez looks like Bambi on stilts and Mo is just a shadow flitting in and out of the game.

Don't buy that we've bottled it. The players have tried. But some look a bit tired. Small number plain inept. And with injuries, again, we haven't had the depth to get past the wobble, and the wheels came off completely.

So disappointed for Jürgen. It all looked so unexpectedly good for so long.  But he can't put the ball in the net.   There are some other things that haven't been great obviously, but that's the glaring problem.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #792: Apr 24, 2024 10:40:25 pm
      Our set up is to easy to play against. A close press and a parked bus.
      Slow paced passes easy to cover. Little off the ball movement when building from the back.
      Even when passes down the line we’re open, to allow us to get behind, went square or back.
      No one prepared to take a couple of players on with a dribble, so no defenders moved out of their comfort zone.

Goals conceded just shocking defending.
      50/50s mostly lost, so many miss placed passes which were simple 5-6 yd passes.
      So many interceptions because we waited for the ball instead of attacking it.
      Airial challenges mostly lost.
      And they looked more sharper and slicker on the ball than us, even though we had possession for more of the game.

A culmination of the above, has cost us since the utd cup game.

When things aren’t going well, it’s easier to get dragged down than it is to raise your game.
      To think how some of these players were performing six weeks ago 🤷‍♂️
      Who knows what the cause is ?
      Only thing I’m miffed by is the starting 11, of who some have been piss poor for a month. And the subs.
      Again, we needed goal so changed two defenders.
      Where’s the sense in that 😱

Season over in 3 weeks. Just unreal 🤷‍♂️

Let’s see what the next 3 weeks bring.

MOTM for me was Quansa because he was such a big improvement to Konate who I think should have been hooked on 20 mins.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2846 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #793: Apr 24, 2024 10:42:17 pm
      When you concede the first goal in 27 games in a season you probably need to think about sorting out the defence too.

Wow thats staggering
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,087 posts | 3445 
      Reply #794: Apr 24, 2024 10:45:02 pm
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #795: Apr 24, 2024 10:46:29 pm

Diaz will stay but I feel like any offer for Salah and Nunez and they will be gone. Salah is a legend but this is the best time for him to move on, Nunez is not a number 9 and his finishing is a liability and I don't think any new manager is gonna gamble on his future with having someone unreliable uptop.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 112 
      Reply #796: Apr 24, 2024 10:46:35 pm
      At this moment I just want the season to end and the new man and coaching team announced and in place. Absolutely spewing.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #797: Apr 24, 2024 10:48:50 pm
      Mo will go because it's smart business. I will interested to see what happens with Nunez. From an analytical stand point he's kind of a conundrum, and his on field play is hit or miss. I could see our new football director interested in going a different route upfront
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,549 posts | 1493 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #798: Apr 24, 2024 10:48:57 pm
      What will piss me off is if now the season is over those players that have given nothing recently start giving worldie performances auditioning for ther next clubs... my blood will boil...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #799: Apr 24, 2024 10:49:13 pm

Matip has been a huge miss, not rated by some but he’s been missed massively at the back & bringing the ball out..
      Harrisimo

• 8,297 posts | 1403 
      Reply #800: Apr 24, 2024 10:51:29 pm
      The Ref gave them everything 13-6 foul count.Twice as many free kicks. VVD was right, we gave the Ref easy calls..and he made them.

Our defending for the first goal was parody. Swiped at it any number of times..then Ali let it slip under his body. Konate was the worst defender tonight. But we just didn't seem to prepare and organise for their long ball big boot tactics. Quansah looked sharper than all 4 defenders when he came on.

Night to forget.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,884 posts | 421 
      Reply #801: Apr 24, 2024 10:52:45 pm

He doesn't need to be sorry. He needed to find a way to stop our matches being so open. Been end to end games with every two bit club since Feb.

It's too late now like but I don't know why we went away from controlling games or at least attempting to. Even V Shef United we were playing basketball with them.
      rossyred

• 9,297 posts | 1666 
      Reply #802: Apr 24, 2024 10:53:54 pm
      Quansah has been a massive bonus from this season . Not having to buy a CB we thought we may need too can now be spent elsewhere
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,884 posts | 421 
      Reply #803: Apr 24, 2024 10:55:02 pm
      Quansah has been a massive bonus from this season . Not having to buy a CB we thought we may need too can now be spent elsewhere

But Matips departure, VVD age and Konates form and fitness means we absolutely do need to sign one.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,526 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #804: Apr 24, 2024 10:55:30 pm

I still think we need a new CB

Quick Reply