Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson Becker
      6 (10.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Jarell Quansah
      1 (1.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (35.1%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      2 (3.5%)
      Harvey Elliott
      3 (5.3%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      8 (14%)
      Wataru Endo
      1 (1.8%)
      Luis Diaz
      9 (15.8%)
      Cody Gakpo
      2 (3.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Darwin NĆŗƱez
      2 (3.5%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      2 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: May 01, 2024 02:24:59 pm

West Ham United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5890 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Re: West Ham United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Apr 28, 2024 12:43:36 pm
      You need the term explained to you?

Maybe it's time you started seeing things for what they are, through your eyes and not your arse now get fu**ed.

He's a wind up no more no less.
      He avoids getting fu**ed off daily, got him on blank and would advise anyone to do the same and avoid the consistent bullshit.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #622: Apr 28, 2024 12:44:11 pm

If only he had shown the fire in the games he played since end of March..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #623: Apr 28, 2024 12:58:06 pm
      If only he had shown the fire in the games he played since end of March..

Can't argue unfortunately!
      That statement adds fuel to a different fire of why Salah should  be allowed to argue with the boss considering his indifferent form of late!
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2024 07:42:26 pm by stuey »
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,044 posts | 537 
      Reply #624: Apr 28, 2024 01:05:36 pm
      We are all free to feel he was right or he was wrong, For me it shouldn't, and hasn't made any difference/ The players performed well enough through to the home game against Atalanta....that night is when the wheels fell off. Since then we've progressively got worse and the team has just imploded. Any notion of JK's announcement being to better himself shows a lack of understanding of the man, as he is selfless and always has what's best for the club at heart....hence him deciding to go.

Yep, that Atalanta game was the key game of our season. We'd had a couple of disappointments against the Munts and were missing some chances but we know that can happen in football and we were still playing well enough. There was still plenty of belief and confidence in the team.

That mauling at Anfield just blew away our self-belief. We didn't think opponents could do that to us. We found out they could and it just put huge doubt into us for all the subsequent games. The away game at Atalanta really showed that. We scored first, got back in the tie but then played the second half like we were happy to just get out of there with a 1-0. That's not us, it's not JĆ¼rgen. I knew watching that we were in trouble, our belief in our game had been kicked from under us.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #625: Apr 28, 2024 01:14:09 pm
      The Atalanta game was prob the game that made us stand up and take notice that the form had dropped off

It seemed to take a massive hit to the confidence of the players and fans

The two Manc games were very disappointing but that was down to poor finishing more than anything else
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,037 posts | 200 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #626: Apr 28, 2024 01:19:56 pm
      Iā€™m simple too then.

It wasnā€™t clear whether it referred to points, goals scored/ concede, stats, opinion.

I get the gist of it and agree that the point is made. Weā€™ve been poor in our first halves but good second halves. That much has been clear to us all formonths.

YNWA

That guy has some freakish urge to respond to every other post and can't help himself but spew his bile all over the forums.

He even quoted the same post twice like an absolute moron.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #627: Apr 28, 2024 01:26:37 pm
      That guy has some freakish urge to respond to every other post and can't help himself but spew his bile all over the forums.

He even quoted the same post twice like an absolute moron.

When you start calling people ā€œsimpletonsā€ and then try and use facts to back up an opinion the very basic thing you need to do is get that fact correct and you failed miserably at that. Donā€™t be throwing insults at people when you canā€™t get basic facts correct
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,408 posts | 797 
      Reply #628: Apr 28, 2024 01:41:13 pm
      Yep, that Atalanta game was the key game of our season. We'd had a couple of disappointments against the Munts and were missing some chances but we know that can happen in football and we were still playing well enough. There was still plenty of belief and confidence in the team.

That mauling at Anfield just blew away our self-belief. We didn't think opponents could do that to us. We found out they could and it just put huge doubt into us for all the subsequent games. The away game at Atalanta really showed that. We scored first, got back in the tie but then played the second half like we were happy to just get out of there with a 1-0. That's not us, it's not JĆ¼rgen. I knew watching that we were in trouble, our belief in our game had been kicked from under us.
      1-0 up with 83 mins to play!...salah's shinned effort was the nail in the coffin of that tie and competition....that sucked all hope out of us.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,044 posts | 537 
      Reply #629: Apr 28, 2024 01:55:18 pm
      Iā€™m simple too then.

It wasnā€™t clear whether it referred to points, goals scored/ concede, stats, opinion.

I get the gist of it and agree that the point is made. Weā€™ve been poor in our first halves but good second halves. That much has been clear to us all formonths.

YNWA

Worth noting that the stats they posted were completely wrong though. We weren't second bottom on first half performances, not even close to it.

People posting false stats is becoming a recurring theme on here recently. Think the mods should be giving warnings for this cos a lot of people don't realise they're false and end up with a very distorted memory of our season.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #630: Apr 28, 2024 01:55:53 pm

Think we are 3rd for clean sheets maybe 4th this season

And think only 2 clubs have conceded less - city and Arsenal

ā€œPoor in every aspectā€

The last month has been poor but before that we were solid

Hmm, Iā€™m in the camp that says this has been a longer-term set of issues that has come home to roost and kicked us in the teeth at the fag-end of the season.
      Sadly, iā€™d say the game away at Arsenal is where it began unravelling. We were unbeaten (except by VAR at Spurs) if I remember, and suddenly we looked worse than ordinary. A very good outfit ran rings round us and made us look very silly at times.

Since then, individual and team mistakes, terrible decision making, injuries, Afcon, JĆ¼rgenā€™s departure and a mix of bad luck and wild finishing have become the narrative that the fans, media and probably now the players themseves have swallowed.  Thereā€™s too many excuses there. Because it keeps going wrong in the same ways, we seem to expect itā€™ll go wrong again, so it does - and we have a ready made set of reasons why. A self-fulfilling prophecy.

I feel let down by the leadership on the field first and foremost. How much do we miss Hendo and Milnerā€™s presence in that regard?

I know Hendo wasnā€™t everyoneā€™s cup o tea but he led superbly, he saw what was happening, what needed to happen and communicated constantly. He was always encouraging and motivating. Even the times i heard him give out bollockings he did it well, inclusively and positively.

Now the leadership we seem to get out there is the throw-your-arms-in-the-air, ā€œWhat the F**k are you doing?ā€ variety. Achieves nothing and creates doubt and division. Its what kids do in school. No collective ownership of a problem, just a rush to blame someone. Anyone but me.

VIrgilā€™s interview after Goodison is eviddnce of that. Right or wrong, it shouldnā€™t have been for the public.

If JĆ¼rgenā€™s era (not to mention Hillsboro, ticket prices or anything else) has taught this club and fanbase anything, its that togetherness and belief can achieve anything; division and blame achieves the square root of F**k all.

YNWA

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #631: Apr 28, 2024 01:59:57 pm
      Hmm, Iā€™m in the camp that says this has been a longer-term set of issues that has come home to roost and kicked us in the teeth at the fag-end of the season.
      Sadly, iā€™d say the game away at Arsenal is where it began unravelling. We were unbeaten (except by VAR at Spurs) if I remember, and suddenly we looked worse than ordinary. A very good outfit ran rings round us and made us look very silly at times.

Since then, individual and team mistakes, terrible decision making, injuries, Afcon, JĆ¼rgenā€™s departure and a mix of bad luck and wild finishing have become the narrative that the fans, media and probably now the players themseves have swallowed.  Thereā€™s too many excuses there. Because it keeps going wrong in the same ways, we seem to expect itā€™ll go wrong again, so it does - and we have a ready made set of reasons why. A self-fulfilling prophecy.

I feel let down by the leadership on the field first and foremost. How much do we miss Hendo and Milnerā€™s presence in that regard?

I know Hendo wasnā€™t everyoneā€™s cup o tea but he led superbly, he saw what was happening, what needed to happen and communicated constantly. He was always encouraging and motivating. Even the times i heard him give out bollockings he did it well, inclusively and positively.

Now the leadership we seem to get out there is the throw-your-arms-in-the-air, ā€œWhat the F**k are you doing?ā€ variety. Achieves nothing and creates doubt and division. Its what kids do in school. No collective ownership of a problem, just a rush to blame someone. Anyone but me.

VIrgilā€™s interview after Goodison is eviddnce of that. Right or wrong, it shouldnā€™t have been for the public.

If JĆ¼rgenā€™s era (not to mention Hillsboro, ticket prices or anything else) has taught this club and fanbase anything, its that togetherness and belief can achieve anything; division and blame achieves the square root of F**k all.

YNWA

Think you are spot on when it comes to Henderson

He was derided by many but losing him and also Milner in the same summer was huge
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,835 posts | 476 
      Reply #632: Apr 28, 2024 01:59:58 pm

You do have a point Cas, however, my take on it is this if Salah, Jones, Nunez et al had been arsed to put a shift in the last few games he in particular wouldnā€™t have been benched in the first place, Mo hasnā€™t been the same since his injury, since the Afcon, even before that he wasnā€™t his usual self, add JĆ¼rgenā€™s bombshell he along with everyone else just seem to have given up,

Maybe Iā€™m being too harsh here, but who the F**k wanted it more on Wednesday, certainly not the team still in a title race with a more than reasonable chance of winning it, but a team languishing in the bottom five hopeful of survival, where the F**k is their passion ?

Where was it against Palace, against Atalanta, it seems to me since JĆ¼rgen told us heā€™s off weā€™ve went into f***in limp mode, yes weā€™ve had injuries and many at the same time but for me there has been little fight, in particular from those you expect it from,

Sorry but itā€™s pissed me off, Salah giving it the gob when heā€™s hardly been pulling trees up of late, heā€™s not the only one either, he was deserving of his place on the bench imo, so whether it was late to bring him on is irrelevant to me cos truth is he shouldnā€™t have been on that bench in the first instance,

Truth is weā€™re not good enough, weā€™ve done extremely well hanging in there but thereā€™s a gap now between us Arsenal & the cheating cnuts, this new midfield we have is nowhere near good enough, with the exception of Macca,  we havenā€™t replaced Mane, Gini or Hendo, these guys gave us pace, tempo & steel, Szloboslai, Jones , Endo, Elliot arenā€™t up to it, maybe the new fella Slot will get more out of them but we are way short in that department,

I hate this too but I think itā€™s the time we cashed in on Mo, we need the funds to build a better midfield and obviously another Striker or two, so whatever the Sand dancers come back in with any offer North of Ā£100m we should snap their hands off, no pun intended, Iā€™m ranting now and what I want to say can be said later,

Itā€™s sad itā€™s ending like this for JĆ¼rgen, but this is not a fairytale, its reality, not the ending we all hoped for 3/4 trophies a parade through the City etc etc, but it is what it is and lifeā€™s a bi*ch, the season is finished for me, only the emotions to go through now in particular that last home match !!

YNWA

Great post, enjoyed reading this
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #633: Apr 28, 2024 02:01:42 pm
      I thought at the time he was wrong to announce his leaving mid season. I still can't understand the logic behind it unless he wanted to make it all about him.

It was getting leaked, whispers being that involves Michael Edwards, so Klopp come out and made the statement as he wanted to make the announcement, not the F***ing press.

I've heard Edwards has already implemented things including Klopp having to adhere to the stats involving subs, hence the almost crazy substitutions we seen in the last few games.

Definitely something that happened between Man Utd league game and Atalanta Europa League. i'm just wondering has that specky tw*t coming in changed things which have seen the wheels fall off?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #634: Apr 28, 2024 02:06:00 pm
      It was getting leaked, whispers being that involves Michael Edwards, so Klopp come out and made the statement as he wanted to make the announcement, not the F***ing press.

I've heard Edwards has already implemented things including Klopp having to adhere to the stats involving subs, hence the almost crazy substitutions we seen in the last few games.

Definitely something that happened between Man Utd league game and Atalanta Europa League. i'm just wondering has that specky tw*t coming in changed things which have seen the wheels fall off?

Edwards isnā€™t the sporting director for Liverpool , a lot are trying to put two and two together and come up with 5

Edwards will have been too busy looking at bringing Hughes and then Slot

He doesnā€™t work that closely with the manager or team - itā€™s a different role than previously

The likes of Corbally are reposting that sort of Edwards narrative all over twitter
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #635: Apr 28, 2024 02:06:06 pm
      Worth noting that the stats they posted were completely wrong though. We weren't second bottom on first half performances, not even close to it.

People posting false stats is becoming a recurring theme on here recently. Think the mods should be giving warnings for this cos a lot of people don't realise they're false and end up with a very distorted memory of our season.

I agree its misleading potentially, and call me old fashioned but stats dont really interest me other than ā€˜win, lose, drawā€™ and goals for/against. You can prove owt if you choose the right stats.

The poster had a point and Iā€™m sure the basis of it is clear to us all from watching the lads all season. On that, we can all agree.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #636: Apr 28, 2024 02:10:54 pm
      Edwards isnā€™t the sporting director for Liverpool , a lot are trying to put two and two together and come up with 5

Edwards will have been too busy looking at bringing Hughes and then Slot

He doesnā€™t work that closely with the manager or team - itā€™s a different role than previously

The likes of Corbally are reposting that sort of Edwards narrative all over twitter

Whispers are Edwards is the dog who was gonna leak Klopp was leaving. Someone high up knew and some decided to try and leak that to the press.

The dropping of the Nunez/Nkunku stuff is a power game getting played, ain't the first time in football that has happened.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #637: Apr 28, 2024 02:13:45 pm
      Whispers are Edwards is the dog who was gonna leak Klopp was leaving. Someone high up knew and some decided to try and leak that to the press.

The dropping of the Nunez/Nkunku stuff is a power game getting played, ain't the first time in football that has happened.

Thatā€™s the problems with whispers

Edwards didnā€™t return to the club until March

2 months after Klopp announced he was leaving

There are too many spreading utter sh*te about the place and right now it seems Edwards is a target

The same people were prob celebrating when it was announced he was coming back
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #638: Apr 28, 2024 02:16:36 pm
      Thatā€™s the problems with whispers

Edwards didnā€™t return to the club until March

2 months after Klopp announced he was leaving

There are too many spreading utter sh*te about the place and right now it seems Edwards is a target

The same people were prob celebrating when it was announced he was coming back

Edwards would still have links.

I've worked in the media, someone high up had to leak that to the press if only a select number of people knew.

From the outside, everything I've heard is a power game getting played.

Whatever anyone wants to say, there was a sea change in body language from the players plus manager from Atalanta onwards and it seems more than a slump.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #639: Apr 28, 2024 02:18:20 pm
      Edwards would still have links.

I've worked in the media, someone high up had to leak that to the press if only a select bnumber of people knew.

Klopp did the same At Dortmund, let everyone know as soon as he made the choice

Itā€™s prob easier to find a conspiracy theory where itā€™s prob closer to the truth that Klopp wanted people to know

There was no leaking to the press hence why it came as a surprise to everyone
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,234 posts | 1223 
      Reply #640: Apr 28, 2024 02:20:02 pm

What would the benefit be of leaking that Nkunku ,injured sicknote who has done nothing, was preferred over Nunez? One has been part of a title challenge and the other has been part of a terrible experiment at Chelsea
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #641: Apr 28, 2024 02:22:04 pm
      There was no leaking to the press hence why it came as a surprise to everyone

Klopp had to make the announcement cos it was getting leaked. Klopp has even confirmed this to some lads who spoke to him in the Formby pub he goes to , the lad gave him a cap with 1906 on and Klopp simply said "I'm sorry"
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #642: Apr 28, 2024 02:23:44 pm
      What would the benefit be of leaking that Nkunku ,injured sicknote who has done nothing, was preferred over Nunez? One has been part of a title challenge and the other has been part of a terrible experiment at Chelsea

Cos power games are getting played.

Same type of whisper whisper campaigns that try to get used from the club when they want the fans to turn on the manager.

It's happened with Houllier, Rafa and now Klopp.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #643: Apr 28, 2024 02:25:02 pm
      Klopp had to make the announcement cos it was getting leaked. Klopp has even confirmed this to some lads who spoke to him in the Formby pub he goes to , the lad gave him a cap with 1906 on and Klopp simply said "I'm sorry"

Itā€™s a rumour thatā€™s been banded around for ages with some trying to find a way to blame with the owners

Whah Klopp should have done is waited until the end of the season to tell everyone .

Quick Reply