Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 30th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Scouting talk

Read 343140 times
      -LFC- and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #6049: May 27, 2024 12:01:37 am
      Leeds looking like need to sell anyone seen much of Gray and Summerville ?

Gray looks promising,  don't see the hype with summerville
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 290 
      Reply #6050: May 27, 2024 07:00:32 am
      Yeah. He's the only kid I know that calls them boots ;D.

Cleats?..new one on me that...I'm 44 and a few years back was given a pair of modern adidas moulded boots that my young cousin didn't want , I thought I'll use them for a kick about with my then interested in football daughters...bloody hell as someone who grew up playing with a proper pair of leather boots and a mitre delta ball it was terrible trying to play in those combined with the weight of a modern ball, it was like trying to control a fly away with ballet pumps on...maybe the wet grass didn't help but it just shows how things change.
      Nope, give me my 25yr old adidas boots that I've still got in my garage any day but I'll swap my knackered left knee though 😖
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 290 
      Reply #6051: May 27, 2024 07:03:26 am
      Gray looks promising,  don't see the hype with summerville

Seems a bit of a 'small town boy' to me...also can't see him 'leaving this way' 😎
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #6052: May 27, 2024 06:17:30 pm
      Cleats are generally what we call football boots in the States. My 11 YO calls them boots, but that's just cuz he watches European football all his life.

Boots are what we call work shoes or dress shoes that are generally higher top heavy duty shoes.

And id dare say I've watched Summerville almkst as much as anyone this past season. There's a lot of Diaz in him, but with better link up play. Will look to cut in front left to center and go for goal, but also rewards the over lapping run on the flanks and will also put his head down and run to byline and put in pull back crosses with his left foot. The stuff off the ball doesn't stand out one way or another for me. We could do better, but like Diaz, there's a quick twitch athletic player there. Maybe he's more coachable?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #6053: May 28, 2024 05:20:42 am
      Been reading up on this Ederson DCM at Atalanta. Koopminers is the talk from that team for a while, and then boom this kids name comes up. Very Edwardsy, I dare say.

Anyone know more on him?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #6054: May 28, 2024 08:46:51 am
      Been reading up on this Ederson DCM at Atalanta. Koopminers is the talk from that team for a while, and then boom this kids name comes up. Very Edwardsy, I dare say.

Anyone know more on him?

Don't watch Serie A but he was absolute class in the games against us and in the final too.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,137 posts | 222 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #6055: May 28, 2024 09:25:59 am
      I'm hearing a lot about this Leny Yoro kid at Lille who we're targeting as a long term Virgil replacement.

Not seen anything of him but to play pretty much every game at the heart of the defence for an 18 year old is pretty impressive, nevermind for a team that finished top 4.

Contract expires in 12 months and may be available for around £30-35m although he probably is Madrid/PSG bound.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,363 posts | 2879 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6056: May 28, 2024 02:00:20 pm
      Would love us just to go buy the 2 or 3 players we need from the bracket of " already proven top class, age 25 to 28 "

The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,137 posts | 222 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #6057: May 28, 2024 04:03:32 pm
      Would love us just to go buy the 2 or 3 players we need from the bracket of " already proven top class, age 25 to 28 "

Rules out Musiala and Wirtz  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,238 posts | 1111 
      Reply #6058: May 28, 2024 04:25:44 pm
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #6059: May 28, 2024 06:49:13 pm
      Leeds looking like need to sell anyone seen much of Gray and Summerville ?

I've been lobbying for us to sign Archie Gray for some time. Had a really poor game in the play-off final though, which was disappointing.

Summerville is a big fish in a small pond type player from what I've seen of him. If we're looking at Championship wingers, and I highly doubt we are, then Jonathan Rowe from Norwich is the one I'd go for.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,054 posts | 342 
      Reply #6060: Yesterday at 08:32:38 am
      I think we need a top quality starting 11 CB not people to make up the numbers. We have VVD, Konate, Quansah, Gomez and Van Den Berg. Plenty of depth but maybe a bit lacking in quality, mainly because Konate can't stay fit and Quansah is inexperienced.

Hmm what happened to Van den Berg? Is he not good enough for us? Been out on loan I think, but being Dutch, Slotty will surely give him a go?

Ah, just seen we’ve put a 20mil price tag on him so I suppose he’s for sale…
      « Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:46:34 am by TheleftpegofRayKennedy »
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 18 
      Reply #6061: Yesterday at 09:05:50 am
      Seems a bit of a 'small town boy' to me...also can't see him 'leaving this way' 😎

I spotted it mate...  ;D
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 849 posts | 303 
      Reply #6062: Yesterday at 10:19:52 pm
      Hmm what happened to Van den Berg? Is he not good enough for us? Been out on loan I think, but being Dutch, Slotty will surely give him a go?

Ah, just seen we’ve put a 20mil price tag on him so I suppose he’s for sale…

I've also seen the reports that he's potentially up for sale. But I still think we only need 1 new quality CB to replace Matip. I think it possibly depends on Slot's opinion on Gomez, where does he want him to play?

Quick Reply