Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Plans changed again!

Read 3910 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Plans changed again!
      Dec 17, 2007 12:05:55 pm
      Second half of this article! Not good! :(

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2007/12/17/george-gillett-we-re-right-behind-rafa-benitez-100252-20260268/

Meanwhile, Rick Parry today admitted Liverpool have had to shelve their futuristic stadium design for Stanley Park because of spiralling costs, not due to the credit crunch in America, as reported elsewhere.

Liverpool are now considering their options but Parry moved to reassure fans that the club remains confident that a new stadium will be delivered in time for the start of the 2011/2012 season, in keeping with the original timescale.

He said: “We are now considering two schemes but the stadium will be a 70,000 seater.

“The new stadium will be a significant improvement on the original plans and a slightly downgraded version of the new ones.

“And it will be a massive improvement on where we were 12 months ago, if not quite as dramatic as the plans unveiled in the summer.

“The single tier Kop remains fundamental to the design and we are not expecting any delays – it should be on schedule for 2011.”

We've got to wait for more plans again now? When is this going to end?  :f_steam:
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Plans changed again!
      Reply #1: Dec 17, 2007 04:14:23 pm
      Parry = “The new stadium will be a significant improvement on the original plans and a slightly downgraded version of the new ones."

So ...in other words... back to the drawing board.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #2: Dec 17, 2007 05:36:51 pm
      Are we ever going to get a new stadium?A down grade is not good..Whats the real reason behind this decision Mr.Parry.???????
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Dec 17, 2007 08:34:46 pm
      HURRAH!

I hated those plans with that style of design.  I preferred the older design TBH.  It looked like a spaceship.

I should imagine it will be an attractive design but very less of the American bling thank god.  A huge sigh of relief in my eyes.

Only thing now is when will the 'newer' plans be finalized?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,686 posts | 6981 
      Reply #4: Dec 18, 2007 07:55:49 pm
      I think the thing most people appear to have missed was that the stadium announced last month or so was a 60,000 seater whereas this now appears to be a 70,000 seater stadium on opening.

Happy days as far as I'm concerned.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #5: Dec 18, 2007 09:36:06 pm
      Futuristic / Innovative / Architecturally Exciting

Definition in Construction

We don't know how to construct it but you can be certain it will be prohibitively expensive and the costs will escalate. 

Well they have finally realised what everyone in construction already knew.  All the estimates for this 'futuristic' stadium were based on nothing better than probably badly informed guesswork.

I thought early days we would be better taking the Millennium Stadium (fully designed with as built drawings) and plonking it in Stanley Park. 

Alternatively we could build another Emirates which was delivered on time and below budget by McAlpines.  We could still adjust one end to keep the Kop.  Come to think of it, that is probably what we are going to get.

Haven't been to the Emirates but I have been told its a good stadium (apart from the bums that play there).  Anyone confirm that? 
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 19, 2007 02:02:15 pm
      Yes Oldred - I workand live near the Emirates, and it's a pretty fab stadium, I must say, outside looks awesome, and inside, well, very impressive. No spectator has his/her view blocked. Fantastic!! Pitch looks the biz too!!

Quick Reply