Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

World's Most Over-rated Player?

Read 11155 times
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: World's Most Over-rated Player?
      Reply #46: Mar 07, 2008 11:25:34 pm
      People seem to love him due to his technical ability for his size.

He is a great player and has scored one of the best goals ive ever seen but its more a case of inter fans make all the hype about him.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #47: Mar 08, 2008 02:12:06 am
      Lampard..... was in the F***ing bovril end at crapford bridge with all ye mighty reds fans we were all chanting "you fat bastad you fat bastad" at Lampard all of a sudden everything went quiet. I seemed to carry on singing you fat bastad at Lampard  and I relized I was singing on my own, so at the end of chant I add"you fat overrated bastad" and everyone cracked up in the bottom stand. Well funny with my big mouth he was sure to hear me. Although I can dream on.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #48: Mar 08, 2008 08:07:26 pm
      Tevez is clearly overrated! everytime I watch the crap Man U (glad they're out of the FA Cup too) play for a minute, he ain't shyt!
      MissusFernandoTorres
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      • King of Spain
      Reply #49: Mar 19, 2008 08:37:58 am
      KaKa! He sucks at soccer.You can clearly see it in his performance with Milan this season in Serie A.

thats bcause he still plays even when he's half injured
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Reply #50: Mar 19, 2008 07:57:07 pm
      Lampard, Ballack, Ronaldo, Ashley Cole, Peter Cech, Roy Keane,
      How was Roy Keane over rated im a lfc fan and i still respect Keane and Petr Cech is the best goalie in the world apart frm when he has to save penalties so Reinas better also which Ronaldo we talklin bout here?
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #51: Mar 20, 2008 01:04:24 pm
      I think Peter Cech is overrated. I've hardly ever seen him do a good save. The best keeper in the world... i have to say probably Casillas. He saves Real all the time.

How was Roy Keane over rated im a lfc fan and I still respect Keane and Petr Cech is the best goalie in the world apart frm when he has to save penalties so Reinas better also which Ronaldo we talklin bout here?

It's pretty obvious he's talkin about the man ushyted ronaldo. Everyone else has been saying he's overrated.
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #52: Mar 20, 2008 02:41:28 pm
      I think Peter Cech is overrated. I've hardly ever seen him do a good save. The best keeper in the world... I have to say probably Casillas. He saves Real all the time.
      It's pretty obvious he's talkin about the man ushyted ronaldo. Everyone else has been saying he's overrated.

Takes a good free kick though...
      DRARREG8
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts | -1 
      Reply #53: Mar 21, 2008 12:39:41 am
      easy question ...

LAMPARD & ROONEY
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #54: Mar 22, 2008 04:37:21 pm
      Ashley Cole by a f***in mile - disagree with Ronaldo - the lad might be a horrible diving tw*t- but he's F***ing class

Would like to see the brave person who tells Keane he's overated - again might of been a manc, but a brilliant take no prisoners midfielder.

If were gonna mention a manc whos overated - Carrick 17m and nowwhere near the class of Masch
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #55: Mar 25, 2008 05:46:42 am
      As if Cristiano Ronaldo is over rated atm head and shoulders above all.

The whole Chelsea team is over rated and about half the Real Madrid team.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #56: Mar 28, 2008 11:52:31 am
      When you take all the players being touted as the best we have to look at the pressure games like WC and UCL to see how they perform or don't as the case may be.

Players like Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo,(former Real Madrid) Gattuso, have all produced on the games that matter. So for me it has to be Lampard as I can't remember one occasion (although someone will probably point out some game where he was man of match and dragged Chelsea or England back into a game that looked lost)or when he retrieved a lost cause or had done something to turn an important game for England at a WC or Chelsea in the Champions League because as much as I try I cant remember any big occasion where Frank has produced an outstanding display.

The EPL is the only place that Lampard seems at home so it would be very interesting if he moves to foreign climes in the summer and maybe then he will show us that he has more than one string to his bow.....

Most over rated, one Mr FRANK LAMPARD.....
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #57: Apr 29, 2008 11:17:08 am
      Lampard...

people i know actually compare him to Gerrard.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #58: May 03, 2008 11:19:33 am
      Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Roberto Carlos, Wayne Rooney and Fat Frank.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #59: May 03, 2008 01:33:16 pm
      The whole chelsea team
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #60: May 03, 2008 01:40:41 pm
      Untill christiano ronaldo plays on the big stage i refuse to rate him so its ronaldo at the minute for me
      03eckersleys
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts | -7 
      • Torres=God
      Reply #61: May 03, 2008 05:14:22 pm
      Christiano Ronaldo don't get me wrong he is a good player but he is know where near the type of player people are hyping him up to be. The past few weeks he has been found out playing against the likes of chelsea and barcelona in the champions league where he was barely getting a touch of the ball and i know alot of people have said it but he doesn't perform in the big games.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #62: May 04, 2008 05:10:17 am
      Zambrotta had him in his pocket all night in the 2nd leg.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #63: May 04, 2008 11:37:33 am
      I think messi is superior to ronaldo but i do think ronaldo is a great player. He has a few flaws but 40 goals is amazing for anyone to get in a season, people shouldnt really say from the right wing because he's not a right winger in my eyes he just plays in a free role but i think all the hype all comes down to the goal tally.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #64: May 04, 2008 11:50:06 am
      Patrik Klivert when he was at barca people kept telling me how he is the best striker in the world, i never saw the man have a good game, thats being overrated
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #65: May 04, 2008 03:25:25 pm
      One thing that has been strange (imo) this season. People have been endlessly slating kaka saying last season was a one off and he has 19 goals all competitions and just today got his 15th serie A goal for the season, now to get 19 when your team is playing way below its usual standards AND when you are apparently having a bad season is great if you ask me. If you have a bad season and get 19 goals that cant be a bad thing
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #66: May 04, 2008 05:03:21 pm
      Patrik Klivert when he was at barca people kept telling me how he is the best striker in the world, I never saw the man have a good game, thats being overrated

Good shout, I always thought exactley the same.  Every other person had labelled him world class but apart from an odd performance for Holland, he was very mediocre.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,933 posts | 283 
      Reply #67: May 05, 2008 04:23:39 pm
      One thing that has been strange (imo) this season. People have been endlessly slating kaka saying last season was a one off and he has 19 goals all competitions and just today got his 15th serie A goal for the season, now to get 19 when your team is playing way below its usual standards AND when you are apparently having a bad season is great if you ask me. If you have a bad season and get 19 goals that cant be a bad thing
      Indeed 19 goals and been injured for most the  season, the vicar when hes on a good day is definately the best player on the planet
      overrated player id have to agree is Ronaldo, dont get me wrong hes good and quick but not even close to what sky and that crap paper big him up to be. Tell me, whats the point of doing 2million stepovers if u dont pass your man and as said earlier in this thread he doesnt do much in big games whereas SG and the Vicar love to be on the main stage facing the toughest teams, it brings the best outta the best...
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #68: May 07, 2008 10:43:30 pm
      stewart downing - you hear a lot of pundits hyping him up but whenever i've seen him and these include england matches, he has been a pile of poo, unable to deliver a corner past the first man or do anything creative

imo he is very very overrated

Quick Reply