Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Who has the hardest shot?

Read 5676 times
      liverpooldan87
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts | 10 
      Re: Who has the hardest shot?
      Reply #23: Dec 21, 2007 01:28:49 pm
      Pepe Reina once did an interview and he was asked who has the hardest shot in training. It was a few years back now, and his answer was Djibril Cisse, but he also said that Riise and Ste were obvious candidates. However, that was before Ryan Babel joined the club, the lad has a rocket of a left foot on him, and i personally reckon it has to go to him, if were talking about pure power.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #24: Dec 21, 2007 02:21:04 pm
      Pepe Reina once did an interview and he was asked who has the hardest shot in training. It was a few years back now, and his answer was Djibril Cisse, but he also said that Riise and Ste were obvious candidates. However, that was before Ryan Babel joined the club, the lad has a rocket of a left foot on him, and I personally reckon it has to go to him, if were talking about pure power.

i think you mean right foot because im yet to see him shoot with his left
      liverpooldan87
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts | 10 
      Reply #25: Dec 21, 2007 02:27:50 pm
      Apologies, your right, he is right footed isn't he. I managed to confuse myself, he sometimes plays on the left you see.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: Dec 21, 2007 02:29:40 pm
      Left foot, right foot. He's still got a rocket of a shot on him.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #27: Dec 21, 2007 02:33:21 pm
      I think Agger deserves a mention.

That goal against West Ham last season......WOW
      liverpooldan87
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts | 10 
      Reply #28: Dec 21, 2007 02:39:09 pm
      That goal Agger scored against West Ham was fantastic, I didn't see that one coming at all. I still think Babel though,we need to take a speed gun down to Melwood and ask for 10 minutes with the lads and an empty net.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #29: Dec 21, 2007 03:19:22 pm
      I think Agger deserves a mention.

That goal against West Ham last season......WOW

I seconded Agger to replace Riise with hardest shot. We should see more goals from Agger than Riise too over time. Riise = 324 games / 31 goals & Agger = 53 games / 4 goals.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #30: Dec 21, 2007 03:23:44 pm
      imo, riise has the most powerful innacurate shot on the whole squad. i love to see him shoot, but it almost always goes into the stratosphere.

kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #31: Dec 21, 2007 09:44:47 pm
      Got to be between Stevie and Risse shall we ask Smithy?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #32: Dec 21, 2007 09:59:36 pm
      Does everyone know that it was smiths landing that broke smiths leg and not the actual ball, although it was riises shot that he was attempting to block. :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2007 10:02:51 pm by lil cisse »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33: Dec 22, 2007 03:28:16 am
      I'd love to sit in the Kop Row Z just for the amount of times Riise would enable you to have a chance of taking the match ball home ;). Riise for me has the hardest shot.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #34: Dec 22, 2007 05:10:30 am
      I'd love to sit in the Kop Row Z just for the amount of times Riise would enable you to have a chance of taking the match ball home ;). Riise for me has the hardest shot.

It would be the cheapest, most memorable moment of ever going to Anfield, getting you nose broken in the nose bleed section by the red headed Norweigen. It makes me smile to even think about it.  ;D
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #35: Dec 22, 2007 06:17:42 am
      For me, Its gotta be Riise
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #36: Dec 22, 2007 12:37:47 pm
      I never thought of Agger, but then again he isn't too confident of his shot, the only ones i can remember were one againest Middlesborough (0-0) and West Ham (goal 2-1). But Riise consistanly fires rockets, if only they went where he wants it to go.
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #37: Dec 22, 2007 06:29:27 pm
      For me its got too be Babel first then Riise then Gerrard.

But Babel takes it as he can hit the ball when its so close to his feet and the connection is nearly always bang on with hes right and sometimes his left.Would not want to be hit by them

Riises nobody knows where they are going ,not even himself ;D ;D.He also needs a run up to it.He has all the power in his left leg that his right lacks :laugh:

Gerrard's are beauty's when he gets the connection right which he does a lot but he needs a run up to it unlike Babel

YNWA :kop5cf8koxp6:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #38: Dec 22, 2007 07:41:03 pm
      Riise for me has the hardest shot its like a bullet, even though I think its lost its power recently which is probably because he is going for a little accuracy even though you can't tell.  Its for me and Gerrard second.
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Reply #39: Dec 23, 2007 12:38:36 am
      Always thought Riise had the hardest shot from a dead ball situation,but Reina can certainly kick the ball a fair distance but I dont know if there is any power in it,Albert Stubbins,Billy Liddell Kevin Lewis were all hard hitters from a by/gone era.

Good point if they had been playing with one of the balls players use today think how fast they would have flown into the back of the net!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #40: Dec 24, 2007 07:52:37 am
      Good point if they had been playing with one of the balls players use today think how fast they would have flown into the back of the net!
      You are right it is hard to compare our older stars to todays players. as you say the old leather ball wighed a ton when it was wet.I remember when we were kids and you would put all your energy into kicking the ball and it would go about 10 yards.It is also worth mentioning the old style football boots that came above your ankles and had steel toe caps.The modern boots would of been useless with the old leather football.=Memories of long ago.Cheers.

Quick Reply