Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Bring on Inter Milan

Read 7824 times
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Bring on Inter Milan
      Dec 21, 2007 11:48:09 am
      This should be interesting, we are being written off as I write this LMAO, when the chips are down the underdogs will bite F***ing hard... CMON YOU RED MEN
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Re: Bring on Inter Milan
      Reply #1: Dec 21, 2007 12:01:00 pm
      We are always being written off, media are complete tw*ts! All I can say is, we will do what we do best prove them all wrong, Juventus, Chelsea x2, AC Milan, Barcelona. You don't get a better atmosphere than Anfield, we have the best fans all over the planet, and that will sh*t them up!

Six words, Write Us Off At Your Peril!
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #2: Dec 21, 2007 12:06:44 pm
      Wohoo LFC is coming to Milan :D

Draw in full for those who havent seen it yet:

Celtic v Barcelona, Lyon v Man Utd, Schalke v Porto, Liverpool v Inter Milan, Roma v Real Madrid, Arsenal v AC Milan, Olympiacos v Chelsea, Fenerbahce v Sevilla.

Ties to be played 19/20 Feb and 4/5 Mar.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #3: Dec 21, 2007 12:09:27 pm
      Must admit they are pissing the Italian league again.

They have lots of good players thoughout, Toldo, Materazzi, Zanetti, Viera, Figo, Cambiasso, Ibrahimovic, Crespo etc.

But we've been here before, seen it, done it etc. So I am quite hopeful.

Wish the 1st leg was over there though.

Few agree with me but I couldn't give a rats arse about the league/FA Cups. For me this is what it's all about. The creme de la creme in the knockout stage of the Champs League. You can't beat it.

edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #4: Dec 21, 2007 12:09:57 pm
      this will is very hard...GO REDS!!!
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #5: Dec 21, 2007 12:17:10 pm
      Hard match but we went to Barcelona and won againest the odds. It will be hard but we can win
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #6: Dec 21, 2007 12:17:29 pm
      BootleBuck couldn't agree more mate, i deffo want to be on top of English football and ruling the league again, but nothing and i mean nothing beats the excitement of the champions league knockout stages, the excitement is amazing, all the fans from all over the world are on the edge of their seats in this tournament, the way i like it  ;)
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #7: Dec 21, 2007 12:20:10 pm
      I wanted Inter or Real Madrid because we were due to play them in a way and the media will have us tagged as underdogs which suits us down to the ground.

........its only on loan

COME ON REDMEN!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #8: Dec 21, 2007 12:35:41 pm
      I prefer it when we're the underdogs, lazb07 is right, when the media tag us as the ones likely to lose, we're likely to win. :D

Yes yes Interista, I'm sure plenty of Barcelona, Chelsea, Juventus, AC Milan and all the other teams we've knocked out have thought we were walkovers. We'll see come Febuary and March.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #9: Dec 21, 2007 12:41:36 pm
      You loserssssssssss! We will come to kick ur ass...you are friends of Juventus and we will punish u!

IBRAAAAAA SUAZOOOO FIGOOOO STANKOVICCC

No respect for you!

INTER INTER INTER

I heard you are already organised with Juve fans...cant wait to see both of you loseeee!

how many times have Inter won the competition exactly ?

......lets face it you are basically the Everton of Milan !

;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Dec 21, 2007 12:47:36 pm
      We were robbed against this lot in 1965 when we played them in the semi-final, we won at home (first leg) 3 -1 with goals from Roger Hunt, Ian Callaghan and Ian St.John, and then we lost the away leg 3-0.

Half of Merseyside was still decorated in Red and White  after Liverpool had just won the FA Cup against Leeds, when, three days later, Inter Milan arrived for the first leg of the European Cup semi-final.

A lot of people thought that Liverpool would be out-matched by the sinister, subtle and very adept Italians.
      Before the game Shankly, in an inspired moment of propaganda, with Inter on the field, sent out Gordon Milne and Gerry Byrne (who had played in the cup final with a broken collar bone) to carry the FA Cup round the ground before a packed Anfield of 54,000 on the Tuesday evening. The gates were closed at Anfield an hour before kick-off.

The response was what the team needed to lift them. Hunt first, then Callaghan made it 2-0 before Mazzola pulled one back. St John restored the two- goal margin before the end. The kop thought the occasion worthy of it's own tribute and, to the melody of 'Santa Lucia' hastily improvised:

Oh, Inter , One, Two, Three
      Go Back to Italy.

The second leg, Shankly said 'wasn't a game, it was a war'. Liverpool stayed on Lake Como and had to ask for the church bells, ringing until midnight to be curbed, needless to say they were refused.

At the San Siro Stadium the reception was terrible, Ron Yeats recalls, there were bonfires on the terraces and rockets whizzing onto the pitch. And as for the referee from Spain, he was diabolical, he signalled an indirect free kick, the ball went straight into our net and he signalled a goal. Their second came after the ball had been kicked out of Tommy Lawrence's hands. Their winning goal was fair enough......but what a way to win a match !

Not much has changed then in Italian football over the years, the cheating still goes on >:(

Let's hope that doesn't happen this time. :)
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #11: Dec 21, 2007 12:50:59 pm
      It's a new year, I get it but what happened to them last season....I really cannot remember seeing them play there last CL earlier this year.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,297 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #12: Dec 21, 2007 01:08:07 pm
      For those of you who forget including our little friend on from Inter everyone bar Madrid and AC Milan are minnows to Liverpool we fear nobody they fear us inter are no Barce. Look at the list of players mentioned earlier and then look up there ages. They are running away with a piss poor italian leaguel

"They have lots of good players thoughout, Toldo, Materazzi, Zanetti, Viera, Figo, Cambiasso, Ibrahimovic, Crespo etc."

Reina Carra Masch Alonso Torres Gerrard Kewell Hyppia etc

WE ARE LIVERPOOL  BRING IT ON

Y.N.W.A
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #13: Dec 21, 2007 01:15:07 pm
      Don't worry Brian, that tit's been banned.
      FC INTERNAZIONALE
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #14: Dec 21, 2007 01:33:40 pm
      HI!!!I am an INTER fan (not INTER MILAN please...the real name is INTERNAZIONALE)!!
      I like very much your team..Really!!!!!
      I will come to Anfield and I am so curious to see the atmosphere there...I know is probably the best atmosfhere in Europe.But,remember that San Siro is a judge stadium too..85000 attendance!!!!
      When I see that we will play against you,I MAKE NOISE LIKE FOR A GOAL!!!!!!I am happy,I like the matches beetween big teams.I think we are strongest than you..I hope will be 2 good matches...
      In Italy championship 12 won and 4 draw...!We are strong!!!!
      Bye guys....AND ALWAYS THANK YOU FOR ISTANBUL 2005!!!!!!!!!!
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #15: Dec 21, 2007 01:43:36 pm
      HI!!!I am an INTER fan (not INTER MILAN please...the real name is INTERNAZIONALE)!!
      I will come to Anfield and I am so curious to see the atmosphere there...I know is probably the best atmosfhere in Europe.But,remember that San Siro is a judge stadium too..85000 attendance!!!!
      When I see that we will play against you,I MAKE NOISE LIKE FOR A GOAL!!!!!!I am happy,I like the matches beetween big teams.I think we are strongest than you..I hope will be 2 good matches...

I think we will win, as long as we have Daniel Agger fit.

Also, I believe that it is Internazionale Milano  ;)
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2007 01:46:58 pm by Finnan4eva, Reason: I want to be picky »
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #16: Dec 21, 2007 01:51:12 pm
      Well, I'm looking forward to another mouth watering european encounter with a top italian side. I'm glad we drew Inter, a chance to measure ourselves against them and to produce another exhibition of patience, determination and clinical finishing. After what we went through to get here, we can only go on to greater things (like number 6!). Bring on Inter...
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #17: Dec 21, 2007 02:04:03 pm

Looking forward to it mate! ;)

I'm over the moon with this draw! I said Inter and I think we can shock a few people! :)
      liverpooldan87
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts | 10 
      Reply #18: Dec 21, 2007 02:07:54 pm
      My humble apologies for taking this off topic, but as I'm new to this board, could someone please explain to me exatly how to post a new topic? After reading the help menu I'm still having trouble. I realise I may come in for a bit of stick for this....
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #19: Dec 21, 2007 02:16:40 pm
      No worries mate. Just PM'd you.

Quite pleased about geting Inter. Will be good to take them on again after such a long time. Any tie was going to be a tough one but we shouldn't fear anyone in this competition. We can beat anyone over two legs.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2007 02:19:37 pm by redkenny »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #20: Dec 21, 2007 02:18:30 pm
      Love Rafa's reaction on SSN to questions about Inter!

When asked about the players' reaction to drawing Inter, he said 'Yes, they spoke about it, but we also spoke about Portsmouth!' What a guy! ;D
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #21: Dec 21, 2007 02:21:13 pm
      Must admit they are pissing the Italian league again.

They have lots of good players thoughout, Toldo, Materazzi, Zanetti, Viera, Figo, Cambiasso, Ibrahimovic, Crespo etc.

But we've been here before, seen it, done it etc. So I am quite hopeful.

Wish the 1st leg was over there though.

Few agree with me but I couldn't give a rats arse about the league/FA Cups. For me this is what it's all about. The creme de la creme in the knockout stage of the Champs League. You can't beat it.

Looks like a very attack minded team, I could see they have lots of big names but it counts for nothing  once the match starts. We must not allow them to play football and close them down fast. Certainly Crespo, Viera and Figo could not be any better than what they were 5 years ago. we need young legs to out run, out paced and out maneuvered them. I suspect there's a link between Viera/Figo and Crespo/Ibrahimnovic. If we could stop Viera/Figo we would have stopped the supply to these 2 players. We need to watch the 2 forwards very closely, stick to them like leaches if we could. We have seen how slippery they could be.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #22: Dec 21, 2007 02:47:09 pm
      how many times have Inter won the competition exactly ?

......lets face it you are basically the Everton of Milan !

;)

3 times and they stole it by giving the bung to ref in the semi in 65. They are shitting a brick they got us Im telling you that.

Quick Reply