Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Derby County vs. Liverpool FC - Match Thread

Read 20453 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Derby County vs. Liverpool FC - Match Thread
      Reply #161: Dec 26, 2007 11:23:52 pm
      Just gonna watch Cole and Carvalho get sent off on MOTD !!  ;) :D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #162: Dec 26, 2007 11:57:47 pm
      We were pretty terrible today for some reason we went into cruise control after taking a single goal lead which should not be happening. It was very frustrating switching the channel to see Man U put 4 past Sunderland with great efficiency. Pretty lucky with the Giles Barnes missed diving header some sh*ite defending by Carra we were nearly punished. Disappointing to see so many of our guys make no impact on the game especially Kuyt.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #163: Dec 27, 2007 12:03:22 am
      As I read somewhere else we played Derby at home smashed them 6-0 and today sneaked a 2-1 win.

The question is: Which did we get more points for?
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #164: Dec 27, 2007 12:43:58 am
      But I don't think it's how many you score I think it is how you play, we demolished Derby then luckily beat Derby. Hopefully this isn't another form stump, I reallly could not care if we domolished them again and only got a last minute win, but we didn't we played poorly and playing like that againest a team like Man City, or ever later Inter we will get beaten.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #165: Dec 27, 2007 12:48:58 am
      I don't know how many more of these Rafa has left....

He still has two in Gerrard and Torres, but other teams have 11 we need 11.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #166: Dec 27, 2007 01:10:36 am
      Points are points no matter how you gain them. What bugs me about today though is that it so could have easily been a defeat we were talking about and having no points!

Complacency is a horrible thing and I think that crept in to some players today. Not only that but I think the decision to slot Riise in with Carragher when Hyypia went off was a risky one. I'm guessing this was due to no real defensive cover on the bench? I think a lot of us know that Riise is quite lethargic in the way he thinks these days so I would have liked to see Mascherano come on in front of the back four to steady things up. I don't think we would have missed Voronin for that substitution. He looked intimidated today for some reason and he didn't pose any real threat.

I'd rather us win by one goal and play like we mean to win, rather than be winning by one goal and thinking it's already in the bag before that last whistle.
      Thankfully it's the same three points gained as any other win we've had. And true, there will be games like this through out the season. And other teams have won the league and had games like that today in the process of doing so. But we've seen games like that too many times over the years from us and we're a much better team these days. So it makes it that little bit more frustrating to see.

We must take lessons from the Derby game.
      aditya
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -3 
      • We won it 5 times baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Derby vs Reds:The verdict
      Reply #167: Dec 27, 2007 02:35:19 am
      We played really bad according to me.
      If not for "Captain fantastic" we would have ended in a draw!

It's a question of Honor! But we got all 3 points luckily!
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #168: Dec 27, 2007 10:22:16 am
      Just glad we got the three points. Only saw the goals...brilliant goal from 'Nando TORRES and what composure by the skipper to bail us out. Gerrard is KING!

Man City here we come...another tough one...but we shall overcome...

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3740 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #169: Dec 27, 2007 11:03:26 am
      I think it was a boring match but the important thing is we WON. I think that when  babel starts he is not good enough but when he comes in from sub he is brilliant. it was nice to see Torrs and our Best Player score "Gerrard"! Arsenal & Chelsea drop points also, so it was good day after all.
      Bring City. YNWA
      Cy
      Reply #170: Dec 27, 2007 01:18:28 pm
      We played well in the first half and should have buried the game then. I don't believe for a second that we were lucky, we got the three deserved points!

What sky and other media are saying about us, who cares, we are proving them wrong every time. Voronin had a shocking performance but a part from that we dominated. When you don't finish games like that early especially away, there is always a risk to get caught and, we didn't! Okay Captain rescue goal but isn't a trademark goal?...

9 points behind is far to be over...I'm still confident about the title. We need to adjust the team in the January transfer. I agree, sell Voronin and even Crouch, Voronin because he clearly doesn't have the level and crouch simply because his game is far too predictable and he doesn't evolve as a player anymore.
      White
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts | -1 
      Reply #171: Dec 27, 2007 02:33:07 pm
      Anyway, At Man U who is not "Man U Quality"? Fletcher, O'Shea, Brown... Brown is playing cos of injuries. How much do you see O'Shea and Fletcher play now?
      Same at Arsenal but most of their players are Quality. Maybe Gilberto who IMO is not as good as he was.
      Chelsea, Sheva, we all know what he is capable of and he showed a bit Yesterday. And they need him to pay some of the £30,000,000 they payed for him. Ben Haim, backup for Terry, Carvalho, Alex...

And so on.

We can't et players who ar e not good enough to keep on dissapointing us.

I used love Kuyt, end of last season especially after the Chelsea CL 2nd Leg win. He was a fave of mine. Now we have Torres, who a million times the payer he is. You can really see how little he offers us. Running around, well done he got stamina. What else does he do, he has a horrible first touch, Hyypia is faster than him, can't finish, slow on the ball. Cannot beat a man. So without a the running around what does he offer that a striker should be offering us? Yes maybe so Torres may score more when he is partnere with Kuyt, but when do you se e good 1-2's? Yes Kuyt open spac with endless running but imagine a good striker, example that i would like to use and many of you know about, Anelka. He will amazing here, him and Torres, Torres feeding of his Aerial abiity, one-two's. And Unlike Crouch Anelka can run and dribble very well and is soo much stronger. And unlike Kuyt and Voroni he can score a whole load of goals. So with a partnership like that, you get more goals for Torres, Anelka score goals and is a marvelous finisher. It could be great.

Now Voronin, didn't know much about him. At the start of the season, i thought we had a real good player but since then i have been proven that he is the player who was so very average in ermany, why he was a free transfer. I could go on for ages. He looks a good player when runnin g around but on the ball where it matters he is poor.

I feel soory for Torres, he has no good partner to work with, Imagine him with a QUALITY striker and the creativity and defense behind him!

Can't be doing with players like him and Kuyt, who stand more nearer to the hlafway line than the goal.

Sissoko, i loved this guy, i won't explain cos i know a lot of you know how poor a player he has become.

Riise, this guy i have said for ages how bad he is. Finaly some ar e realising that he is at least having a few bad performaces, where as before he was great always. I think he plays s**t every game.

Let's get is straight, he is horrible at LM. Can cross ony when there is no-one around him. He has an awful touch, doesn't have the footballin brain to know whn to make runs, a shot is always on his mind, Can't beat a man for s**t. He is slower than KUYT! IMO technically he is he poorest player we have by a long shot, players in the reserves and U-18's are better than him, that is how poor I think he is.
      Him on the bench pains me aswell. Him playing is even worse. But if he is gonna play let it be LB, he can do a haf decent job there DEFENDING, but then we seee those clipped long bal which never reach our man. When he went to CB he was even more laughable, looked almost as lost as he was in LM. See that pass back to Carra which when up in the air, can't do the simple.

Another thing why should a goal regain his confidence, he is a defender. He scored 1 league last season. After a billion shots i can't be doing him running with the balling then smashig it to Row Z.

Yesterday when i saw the lineup i was well happy, great attacking team, then i saw Riise on the left. All our attacks f**ked up when it got to him. One moment, Xabi played a little classy sneacky ball throught the defense and he let ir run?Huh?? Xabi, Fabio got the ball to him so many times his touch was awful. So on.....

I've wanted rid of this guy for ages. He is overrated.

I know i may have taken the player reviews a bit far, but that is how i feel. This is LFC, we should want the best for our club, theye are not good enough.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #172: Dec 27, 2007 04:31:26 pm
      You know what peeps, a win is a win, but it really does annoy me that Stevie digs us out time and time again...I'm fed up with it.  We played sh*te, and Stevie does it again...now the papps are gonna say we are a 1 man team - well 2 if you include Torres - we should have demolished Derby....

Rafa needs to to sort it out....as i don't know what went on there....
      The_Kop_4_Life2005
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts | -1 
      Reply #173: Dec 27, 2007 04:43:03 pm
      one of our worst results in the league this season but they say that the great teams can scrape out a result when they are playing bad. we didnt have the best of games against united but then we went on to demolish pompey and produce a great display so lets hope we can do that to city next. arsenal and chelsea have started to drop points at just the right time becuase it will soon be the african nations so this is our chance to go above chelsea by winning the game in hand and close in on arsenal. i have a feeling united are going to start dropping ponts soon too as they are relying on ronaldo for nearly al the goals. and what is all the talk with ronaldo and striking the ball so well about???? for god ske ifu look at how many times he does strie it more go over and wide than on target, gerrard strikes it much better and so does alonso and they have shown time and time again just how good they are at striking it, its not not all about shooting when it comes to striking the ball, you have to be able to pass it well. i have never seen ronaldo play a perfect pass from 80 od yards. gerrard and alonso can do it with ease and gerard has been doing it alot and torres has then been scoring from it (bolton for example)
      GoodfellaLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts | -2 
      Reply #174: Dec 27, 2007 06:12:20 pm
      To be fair I watched the highlights and there goal came from a freekick which definitely shouldn't have counted so I think it was still a dissapointing result but justice was done in the end... the very end though.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #175: Dec 27, 2007 10:06:25 pm
      Well we left it late but at least we got the 3 points thats all that matters,i must admit i thought we would test the young keeper more he must have been a bag of nerves we could easily have got 4-5,hope we dont have to many close shaves like this one.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #176: Dec 27, 2007 10:17:51 pm
      Having now watched the game in full I feel I can comment on it. One thing I will say which no-one else has is well done Derby. For the majority of the game we had them pegged back, but they defended like lions. 

Voronin aside I didn't think anyone else was that bad, Riise played a few dodgy balls but I've come to expect that of him. But for the woodwork & a couple of really good saves from Price we would've had it won a lot sooner, it wasn't the best game but I didn't see anything too worrying either.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #177: Dec 27, 2007 10:30:11 pm
      Having now watched the game in full I feel I can comment on it. One thing I will say which no-one else has is well done Derby. For the majority of the game we had them pegged back, but they defended like lions. 

Voronin aside I didn't think anyone else was that bad, Riise played a few dodgy balls but I've come to expect that of him. But for the woodwork & a couple of really good saves from Price we would've had it won a lot sooner, it wasn't the best game but I didn't see anything too worrying either.

Apart from the injury to Hyypia which is a big worry given our lack of cover in central midfield.

Desperately need to sign someone in January.
      GoodfellaLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts | -2 
      Reply #178: Dec 27, 2007 11:06:30 pm
      Apart from the injury to Hyypia which is a big worry given our lack of cover in central midfield.

Desperately need to sign someone in January.

When did Hyypia become a central midfielder?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #179: Dec 28, 2007 12:47:26 am
      Yeah i watched some of the highlights after the game i think I fully agree with you Eddie in giving the Derby players a pat on the back for a lion like battle. Despite this we should not have been put to the sword as we were, but it gives me confidence when i reflect on that Chelsea scum winning the title how many games they scraped through in the dying minutes against smaller clubs.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #180: Dec 28, 2007 02:50:21 pm
      I'm not sure what is really bugging the players, one week played like a world champion, next played like a 1st division team, is it something to do with pyschology or mentality of the players that we really need to have an overhaul??? Marseille and now Derby. How many more times do we need to endure this. I'll most probably get a heart attack next.

Quick Reply