Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Six more points please

Read 4061 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6967 
      Six more points please
      Dec 26, 2007 10:56:55 pm
      All in all not a bad days work with Chelsea and Arsenal dropping some points - shame about United but hey, to quote the famous song - 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

We have two more Premiership games in the next week - Man City (away) and Wigan (home).

Man City will be by far the trickiest game in theory - they've won all nine of their home games. Scoring 17 and conceding five. An impressive record.  Meanwhile we now have the best Premiership away record.  Depending on their result tomorrow Man City could be above us when we play on Sunday, and a win against these would be one of the best three points we could collect over this festive period.

The other festive games are:

29/30 December

Everton v Arsenal - let's face it we won't expect any favours off this bunch but with them breathing down our necks the best result may be a draw here
      Chelsea v Newcastle - Newcastle are woeful.  Total and utter sh*te.  Chelsea home banker :(
      West Ham v United - not a bad record against United - let's hope they pull something out the bag again

1/2 January

Fulham v Chelsea - another easy three points for Chelsea - I don't care if it is a derby game
      Arsenal v West Ham - the Hammers will be knackered after the United game - Arsenal win
      Man Utd v Birmingham - no contest

I expect Chelsea to take all 6 points but there is a decent possibility that United and Arsenal could drop some points.  With a bit of good fortune we could be 7 points behind the leaders with a game in hand.

Mind you it could all go tits up and we will be 15 points behind on the 2nd January.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Six more points please
      Reply #1: Dec 26, 2007 11:07:07 pm
      Don't ask me why, but I've got a feeling Newcastle can take something off Chelsea, maybe because they nicked a point off Arsenal.

As things stand we are in a position where we will only be 6 points off the top if we win our game in hand, a position from which I have insisted all season we can win the league. If Utd or Arsenal can drop any more points in the coming week it will only serve to make me even more confident.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #2: Dec 26, 2007 11:12:09 pm
      Don't ask me why, but I've got a feeling Newcastle can take something off Chelsea, maybe because they nicked a point off Arsenal.

As things stand we are in a position where we will only be 6 points off the top if we win our game in hand, a position from which I have insisted all season we can win the league. If Utd or Arsenal can drop any more points in the coming week it will only serve to make me even more confident.

I agree with you totally Eddie m8, also I would just like to add a footnote if I may, I really believe that if we can beat Man shity then we will run very very close this year if not win it. Reason for my assumptions is that with such a home record Man shitty will be a very tough nut to crack, they have been very solid this year so far and if we can get a result it will stand us in very good sted indeed.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #3: Dec 26, 2007 11:14:45 pm

Probably because fat Sam always does well when he's a dog, or sorry I mean't under dog, he can't face expectations.

We have to get 6 points and with the fixture of the others there will be points dropped, especially Arsenal.
      I really believe that if we can beat Man shity then we will run very very close this year if not win it. Reason for my assumptions is that with such a home record Man shitty will be a very tough nut to crack, they have been very solid this year so far and if we can get a result it will stand us in very good sted indeed.

Thats what Hansen has been stressing too!
      « Last Edit: Dec 26, 2007 11:19:12 pm by king kenny »
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #4: Dec 26, 2007 11:19:33 pm
      I think we should get chelsea out of the way first and then try and be in contention with United and Arsenal who lets face it are gonna slip up at some point, I'm agree with Eddie about Newcastle too they need to prove they ain't gonna be walked all over for the rest of the season and I reckon they will start to up their game a bit.  I would not misundestimate West Ham either I have a feeling Arsenal will not field a full strength team and that will work to their advantage for a crafty draw and possibly a win.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6967 
      Reply #5: Dec 26, 2007 11:32:52 pm
      ^^ We need to get Man City out the way first!  Hopefully them dropping a couple tomorrow and then us beating them should see to that.

Can't wait for us to get that friggin game in hand out the way.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6: Dec 26, 2007 11:45:10 pm
      Yes getting that bloody game in hand out of the way with 3 points will boost us psychologically. Man City will be hard to beat at home, Wigan should be sweet though. I cant see Arsenal beating Everton, lets hope they draw at best.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #7: Dec 27, 2007 12:04:53 am
      Well it looks like we could be feeling a lot better soon enough if things roll nicely. It's gonna be a good tough game on Sunday, but we better win!
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #8: Dec 27, 2007 08:51:19 pm

I'm afraid it's not Arsenal we have to worry about.  I think they have some problems at the moment and will drop more points.  They lack a clinical cutting edge at the moment.  Chelsea are suffering from injuries to some of their key players.  If we win our game in hand we have already overhauled them.

The big problem is the Scum.  That's where we need to see the points dropped. 

We, of course need to win all our games, starting with City.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #9: Dec 27, 2007 10:00:25 pm
      I was thinking this today if we beat Man City and Everton and West Ham can nick a draw at least with our game in hand we would be right back in the race,but weve also got to go to The Emirates,Old Trafford and Stamford bridge be nice to win all them.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #10: Dec 27, 2007 10:11:50 pm
      well ive been saying for a while we aint out of it yet a win on sun is all i can see there wont be many times that we play as poor as against derby well i say poor we should have been out of site in the first 45 where i thought we were not that bad i think this could be the arses rocky patch all we need is the hammers to nick something of the manure then we will see if we got what it takes i say yes we have ynwa
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #11: Dec 27, 2007 10:17:20 pm
      Fulham did hold Chelsea 0-0 at the Bridge, and Chelsea are without Lumplard, Terrie, Ricardo "pureed balls" Carvalho, no Cashley Cole for the Bar Code game. Didhedive Drogba is also out, so it is much better than JD made out. Mikel, Essien, Drogba, and Kalou all go to the CON.

Le Arsenal's Toure, and some other players also go. We could be in for a dream January. Apart from the scum loose no one.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #12: Dec 28, 2007 05:03:08 am
      I have not checked last seasons results but didnt Newcastle do o.k. against Chelsea.AS another poster has mentioned we need Manure to start dropping points ( their luck must run out sometime )Anyway I am going for the REDS to end Cities Home run,do Wigan and put the 6 points in the bag and start the NEW YEAR the way they mean to go on.WIN,WIN,Win.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,717 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #13: Dec 28, 2007 10:54:37 am

I think they will drop points 'cos they have many injures like cech, cudicini, terry, drogba & lampard like F9T said.

we need to beat man city 'cos we need to stay with the top 3.But we have some problem in defense 'cos we have sami & agger injured.

And 6 more point beating wigan and 2 weeks after middlesbourgh.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #14: Dec 28, 2007 11:04:35 am
      Results the last time the teams played in this fixture:

Everton 1-0 Arsenal
      Chelsea 1-0 Newcastle
      West Ham 1-0 United

Fulham 0-2 Chelsea
      Arsenal 0-1 West Ham
      Man Utd 3-0 Birmingham (05/06) (When we beat United and Brum, and Chelsea in the cup) (remember?)

So some of those games, especially the Arse's ones, are looking promising
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #15: Dec 28, 2007 11:12:07 am
       Well lets hope (and we can do it ) we get MAXIMUM points from these 2 matches.

let the others worry about their games

i am confident we will closer to the top come the new year
         COME ON YOU REDS

A VERY HAPPY 2008 TO ALL LIVERPOOL FANS AROUND THE WORLD
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #16: Dec 28, 2007 02:36:09 pm
      I'm afraid it's not Arsenal we have to worry about.  I think they have some problems at the moment and will drop more points.  They lack a clinical cutting edge at the moment.  Chelsea are suffering from injuries to some of their key players.  If we win our game in hand we have already overhauled them.

The big problem is the Scum.  That's where we need to see the points dropped. 

We, of course need to win all our games, starting with City.

I quite agree here, Arsenal started off in a furious pace and now beginning to feel the strain while Chel$ki has too many injuries and suspensions to take care of while their defence looks leaky lately. While it appears that we have begun to pick up the momentum albeit blowing hot and cold at times.

We need help elsewhere to derail the scums to allow us to catch up and I'm confident that it will happen soon as teams that did not performed well so far will need to do so fast to avoid the drop.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6967 
      Reply #17: Dec 29, 2007 05:01:25 pm
      Chelsea v Newcastle - Newcastle are woeful.  Total and utter sh*te.  Chelsea home banker :(
      West Ham v United - not a bad record against United - let's hope they pull something out the bag again

Like I was saying.

Now a result has seemingly gone our way you just know full well we will fail to take advantage tomorrow on our present annoying form.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #18: Dec 29, 2007 05:02:57 pm
      As things stand now we will be 5 points off the top if we win our game in hand, hopefully the bitters can do us a favour today as well.

Anyone still think the league is out of reach?
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #19: Dec 29, 2007 05:03:41 pm
      Like I was saying.

Now a result has seemingly gone our way you just know full well we will fail to take advantage tomorrow on our present annoying form.

I disagree, I think they will be up for it and relize that after such a dire performance against Derby they need to be as one. I think we will win and will take advantage of it and then some.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #20: Dec 29, 2007 05:04:09 pm
      As things stand now we will be 5 points off the top if we win our game in hand, hopefully the bitters can do us a favour today as well.

Anyone still think the league is out of reach?

I DONT!!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #21: Dec 29, 2007 05:04:25 pm

Like Boxing Day?

Come on JD, this isn't like you. Positive mental attitude!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6967 
      Reply #22: Dec 29, 2007 05:06:12 pm
      Like Boxing Day?

Come on JD, this isn't like you. Positive mental attitude!

In work - excuse the negativity.  We've got a real chance tomorrow - I hope we take it.

Quick Reply