Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

In response to the negative media we must stand together

Read 3898 times
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      In response to the negative media we must stand together
      Jan 08, 2008 01:46:05 pm
      The media think they are all powerful dont they. After reading numerous accounts about everything from Rafa is getting sacked to Jamie Carragher jumping over boards to smack some fans, they really do have it in for us. For what ever reason, they think they can increase the pressure upon the management and the players in order to generate more headlines for the gutter from which they come. They obviously feel that they have a right to prove how powerful they are by trying to get Rafa sacked by reporting the increasing pressure he is under, pressure that is mostly generated by them. It sickens me to think that human beings can so spiteful, hateful and vicious yet Rob Beasley tries to justify his comments by using a hateful tact as his weapon. In order for news to be reported fairly and in proportion to facts one must set aside feelings and emotions to report the truth. Beasley doent do this he states quite catagorically that he hates Rafa and thinks he is snide and decietful, yet he reports on things day in and day out that prove he is the one really snide. Some of his stories are utter garbage yet he is decietful because he does not report the whole truth so this makes him a hypocrit, and really a journalist of very little worth because his ramblings are that of a man who obviously has visions of grandeur and thinks so highly of himself that he gets erotic pleasure from looking at his own reflection.

Another example is Sky whose reports are often over zealous and inaccurate, yet they dont feel the need to apologise when they are wrong and try to justify what they have been saying by reporting again the same story with even more inaccurate results. For example on more than three different occasions on sky news and sky sports news I have heard the fee for Fernando Torres reported with three different results even as high as £29 Million, which is ridiculous to say the least.

What makes things worse is the fact that evidence points to a conspiracy. A conspiracy against Rafa from certain quaters from within the club and from the media. A consipracy to get rid of him, in whatever shape or form they see fit just to pocket their own little egos with satisfaction. Why I hear you say from within the club, well certain types have been talking to the media about various things going on in the club and a certain section of so called supporters seem to think they are justified in trying prove albeit statiscally that Rafa is not worth the time of day and needs to go.
      In my honest opion if you support something you should do it whole heartedly not bemoan or belittle when things dont go your way, but carry on fighting and supporting and believing. As I have stated before Rafa and this team have made me happy on more occasions than I want to count, and as a human being I have a right to be happy as we all do, and I for one will carry on supporting them no matter what because those happy moments outway the ones that are not so good.

As supporters we need to put all our own feelings aside and continue to show unity as one, because at this present time all the outsiders seem to think they can make the red tower crumble with their incoherrant retoric. Passion is what makes this club great and we need to use that passion to our advantage and show the media and the rest of the world how much we love this club by supporting the current managment and team. Even those of you who have doubts over Rafas ability I ask you to put aside what you think and get behind the club and support with all your heart. If we can show that then the results will come. Its at times like this the club and team need us to show loyalty, Loyalty is a rare currency in football but if we can join together to show support we can then show the media they are not so all powerful as they think they are, so I would urge every supporter to get their banners out start making some remarks about people like Rob Beasley and about how pathetic they are start making comments about the S*n and all the bullshit it reports, but not just on LFC forums do it everywhere, in the pub on other football forums telephone call ins and get behind the team, stop slating the team and the management for now and get into the ranks and shout at the rest of the world how wrong they are about us.
      I urge everyone going on Saturday to make Boro feel like they have entered a volcano and let the rest of them know we are here to stay and we are
      THE BEST SUPPORTERS IN THE WORLD THE BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD AND TOGETHER WE WILL ROCK THE WORLD
      !!CMON YOU RED MEN!!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: In response to the negative media we must stand together
      Reply #1: Jan 08, 2008 02:31:35 pm
      Rafa should seriously think about getting legal advice about taking Rob Beasley to the cleaners for slander.

He would have a very strong case given the Beasley quotes/damn-right-lies about Rafa that I've read.

If he does it once, the rest of the vultures will think again about F***ing with Rafa the Gaffer.

With every gutter attack from these scumbags I feel more red and in love with my club than ever before... come on more you C U N T S... we don't give two flying ...law suits?
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #2: Jan 08, 2008 08:42:34 pm
      It makes me sick when I see this sh*t in the media (probably why I rarely buy papars at all these days) to think these people don't just write it and it goes away, oh no it's Liverpool and everyone likes to get on the band wagon when we are given bad press. 

F**k em, we can do our talking on the pitch and show em that we aint got any problems on or off it!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #3: Jan 08, 2008 09:48:15 pm
      Came home from work today a bit sad and down after a day full of phone and text abuse - your club is in turmoil. The manager is getting the sack the usual sh*t, even regular match goers on my phone its getting me down whats up, have you heard anything? A load of crap was all I could reply. As I came in from work a little early no kids home or the missus I looked at the dvds and one stood out. You know the one. Anyway, I put it on and suddenly things didn't seem so bad. There was Carra, leg outstretched and Stevie waving us on. Brought back memories of that wondrous night when things couldn't get much better. So now when I see this sh*t I will smile and think of this night as well as Rafa and treat the media with the contempt it deserves. And while I don't always agree with what Rafa does he has given this club great times and respect. And surely he deserves a little bit more back than he seems to be getting at the moment. IRWT. 
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2008 10:21:51 pm by redkenny, Reason: post tidied up »
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 453 
      Reply #4: Jan 08, 2008 11:03:56 pm
      The media are after Benitez simply because of him not letting them play yo-yo with him.  They thrive on making people hero and then to villains, when someone is too smart to be played with it becomes an ultimate challenge and they will go to any lengths to ensure that the entire profession realises that there is no one that can out smart the media.  And at the end they will be victors. 

Was Sven a poor manager before he came to England, did he do a bad job, in fact, I think any country apart from Brazil and maybe an Italy, would have been proud to get to three consecutive quarter finals.  After firing him an opting for an Englishman did the fan gain.  Sven was not a victim with team selection or team strategy, at the end he lost the job because of his interviews and his ability to not give the media too much to write.  So they went about in another way, a deceitful way.  This is now all happening to Benitez, I just hope that they can concentrate on Capello as soon as possible, as I don’t want any mud thrown on our manager or club. 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Jan 08, 2008 11:14:42 pm
      I know where you are coming from Prag. For a little while now I've been thinking everyday that solidarity is key. It's the only way to hurt the idiots who would love to see reds miserable and see us fall. We must stick together as big strong Liverbirds and fight against all this false derisory nonsense that's spouted out to clowns with their jester hats, all over the country. From the biggest clowns of all.

Everyone is unique with their own views and opinions. But if you are a true red, you are part of a big family - a society. So in the midst of a constant onslaught from certain sections of the media, we have to stick together as one. Get behind the players and the manager at every game. They are only human beings and when things aren't going well we should be encouraging, not expecting!!!!!

There is many horrible things in the world and being judged before someone knows you is one of them. It seems like we are being judged on a daily basis lately when it really should be at the end of the season. So until then, it's all hands to the pumps reds. Take everything from the usual suspects with more than a pinch of salt and show them how loud we can be.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Reply #6: Jan 09, 2008 01:07:58 am
      I'd love to see Benitez barring certain newspapers etc from press conferences but you just know it would back-fire.

They won't rest until they get his blood.  Even Bascombe's sold his soul now he is hooked up with the rest of the rent boys at the News of the World.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #7: Jan 09, 2008 11:04:40 am
      I would love to see him take Beasley to court for slander... set an example Rafa, you don't need the media - they will never support you so stick it up their collective-vulture arses...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Jan 10, 2008 10:36:18 pm
      A genuine few words from Carragher about sticking together. As much as they have to play football, we have to support them. We're all in this together. It's all about what goes on on the pitch.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid958992159/bctid1373280995
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #9: Jan 10, 2008 10:42:53 pm
      Carra is just an inspirational geezer all round. When the chips are down he knows just what to say..........Legend ! :kop5cf8koxp6:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #10: Jan 10, 2008 11:03:36 pm
      A genuine few words from Carragher about sticking together. As much as they have to play football, we have to support them. We're all in this together. It's all about what goes on on the pitch.

What a F***ing man! 8) We're all in this together and need to get behind the team and the manager!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Jan 11, 2008 12:56:30 am

Is this what Carra is planning when he retires from footy........going into the cake making business, not another Jane Asher :lmao:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 453 
      Reply #12: Jan 11, 2008 02:29:21 am
      Do what I have decided to do in recent times.  Anything that stinks in the tabloids, cut it out and flush it down the man-hole.  Because these irritating journalists all belong there in the gutter, these low life scum of the earth.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #13: Jan 11, 2008 09:10:50 am
      This doesn't mean that between us we shouldn't recognise that we have a cancer in our club that we had better get rid of sooner rather than later.... R.Investments.P.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #14: Dec 15, 2009 04:34:59 pm
      Bumping this.

This season has been a parade of anti-Liverpool propaganda. It's not just the media now, it's general football fans trying to make a mockery of the the biggest English club there is.

I think we're doing on the most part a good job of it already, but let's keep standing together guys and girls. They are nothing. We are Liverpool.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,300 posts | 766 
      Reply #15: Dec 15, 2009 04:46:04 pm
      I agree totally with the last post, even the Daily Mirror seem to be in their element in highlighting Liverpool's poor start to the season. The sooner Liverpool put a few wins together, the sooner the media will shut up and concentrate on some other struggling side.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #16: Dec 15, 2009 05:21:35 pm
      Well it comes down to the old British media, build some one up place them on the highest possible pedestal and whilst they sit defiantly at the top of the perch that the media have placed them upon, they set about a very public character assassination of that said person.

How many times have we seen this happen before Beckham could be used as the ultimate example, they built him up as the Darling of the English media/public, but the moment Mr Beckham was sent off against the Argies they set about with a hate filled vile public assassination of Beckham that resulted in Beckham having effigies of him burned in the streets to death threats against him & his family.

Did Beckham deserve this ? Did a recently married young man with young children deserve to be victimised and traumatised in such way over a game of football ?,  Football allegiances aside, Common Sense tells you no he did not deserve it and nor did his family, It was vindictive and completely unjust and I'm sure in everyday walks of life that could be seen as inciting violence in a court of law.

The flip side to this event is the sending of Rooney against Portugal during winkergate, which was a very similar situation, was Rooney given the same vindictive character assassination and death threats ?, The answer is no because they already had their pantomime villain in mind none other than Rooneys club team mate Christiano Ronaldo, but in light of these events did Christiano Ronaldo receive the same hate filled vile vendetta against him to the same extent as Beckham.

The answer is no, Obviously they filled their daily collumn inches quota , but to a far lesser degree than they did with Beckham quite simply because they put him there and it was their divine right to knock him down a peg or two, which was not the case with Ronaldo.

Now it comes back to Rafa and the Manc loving I want to suck the juices from Fergies rectum media, They know they have not built Rafa up and placed him on this pedestal, Rafa is a man of his own means, who made his name in Spain before coming to England. Now we all know Rafa has often had very little time for the English media, only giving to them what is necessary at most time pre-match post match interviews etc.

So it comes down to whats the best way to take the man down ?

The answer is the way the only English media know how, a vindictive hate filled very public character assassination of Rafa, with more inaccuracies and fabrication making the headlines than insightful well researched truthful honest Journalism, the latter I can only count on one hand that I have seen this season. The media outlets that portray such vendetta's have their own agenda's and it's blatantly obvious it's open day on Rafael Benitez and they are hoping the less informed will buy into their bullshit.

So its down to us fellow reds to educate each other with our knowledge/research and to stand up and give a contrasting opinion/voice of reason and present the facts, not some hate filled Anti Rafa agenda filled dossier of inaccuracy's and blatant lies that are decremental to our great club.

So F**k ex players of the likes of Collymore, F**k Sky Pundits such as Andy Gray, F**k the Journalist's of Chris Baschombe's ilk, Just remember the true words of "You'll never walk alone", they represent what this club is all about and the mentality as fans we should posses, Yes we are walking through a storm right now, but I know one thing, no matter how the media try and portray us, I will hold my head up high.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,258 posts | 8580 
      Reply #17: Dec 15, 2009 05:28:29 pm
      When Shankly took over he got all the staff together and told them he is keeping them all, but if anyone carried a tale about another one to him it's the person doing the carrying that will be sacked, not the person who did the wrong deed. He wanted to build togetherness. The man who believed in this would not be happy about ex-players slagging our current lot off in public, togetherness is what he would have preached regardless of what he felt in private.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #18: Dec 15, 2009 05:55:40 pm
      I've made the point in other threads that i would not be the slightest bit surprised if after what the media branded as 'Rafas rant' Ferguson sat in his f***in ivory tower with f***in Ratboy (mentally picture if you will, Mr Burns & Smithers) plotting and scheming as to what to do. The answer?

McTaggert Mr Burns "Yesssssss Smithers, call in all the favours from all them Hacks that we've treated complementary all these years. All the Pro's and Charlie we've sent to the Adelphi will pay off this year, Rafa will be gone by Christmas! Yesssss""

Ratboy Smithers (wipes sperm from chin) "immediately Mr Burns Sir.

Hmmmm  :)

I just think that as a SUPPORTER you don't stop supporting your team just because you stop winning. If you support Cancer research you don't stop giving your support just because the cure's are so f***in elusive do you? If you stop supportin the reds just because of what you f***in read in a sh*t rag then you should have a nice game of cards in the fast lane of the 62 cos I'd rather not listen to you slag off our team based on someone Else's lies.

Constructive criticism is one thing but some of the negativity I've read on this forum just comes across as overwhelmingly non LFC its unbelievable.

Whilst i'd never wish to exclude any LFC fan, lets not forget that Liverpool Football Club is in Liverpool and as a Scouser i know that the majority of scousers ethos and the LFC ethos is one for all and all for one, so as a Liverpool supporter you may not agree with what I've written here but do us all a favour and stick with the lads through thick and thin and remember that as one 'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'

Rant over  :) xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,296 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #19: Dec 15, 2009 06:02:59 pm
      They love getting there teeth into us I think thats why genuine 100& reds are the most passionate there is cos its us against the rest literally. I get annoyed with whats happening  but that fades as soon as I see the sh*te wrote about the club its manager and its players. Im saving up the anger I have towards all anti Liverpool media crap so I can have extra power in my 2 finger salute when we win the FA cup Europa cup and beat the mancs and chelsea later this season!! 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #20: Dec 15, 2009 06:03:41 pm
      The majority of the media has always been anti Liverpool one day it's the team the next it's the city given the majority of the press and TV are based in manc land it's to be expected.
      Even when the city and the team were thriving there was only a begrudging recognition if at all but we don't need the sh*te hawks let's get back where we belong looking down and pissing on the gobshites from a great height.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #21: Dec 15, 2009 08:33:43 pm
      The posts on this topic show just how important Liverpool is and it's good to see positive comments from true fans in times of adversity ,I don't care for the media because it just puts into print what they think will sell papers ,and the football 'experts ' on tv ? half of them were crap players anyway , good topic this one ,no doubt more fans will add to it
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #22: Dec 15, 2009 09:05:31 pm
      Im sorry but the only way to beat the media is with performances on the pitch. Its common knowledge the liverpool fans are behind the team and manager. The problem is we're stinking it up out there week after week making ourselves easy pickings. Fix the performances/results then the media will quieten down but as long we keep losing to big teams and drawing with mediocre ones theyre not gonna change their mind.

Quick Reply