Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Ian Rush's Half-term report

Read 1306 times
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Ian Rush's Half-term report
      Jan 09, 2008 03:31:25 pm
      Linky-doo

Kop hero Ian Rush gives his lowdown on the progress of Liverpool's first team squad during the first part of the 2007-2008 season. 
      We have reached the midway point of the season and with a mouthwatering Champions League clash against Inter Milan to come there is plenty of reason for optimism in 2008.

Pepe Reina:

Pepe is fantastic. When he first took over from Dudek I wasn't too sure because Jerzy had done well, but he's improved ever since for me and has proved to be a major player for Liverpool. He has kept clean sheets and he's been fantastic this season for Liverpool.

Steve Finnan:

Steve has done well. He has picked up a couple of injuries this season but when he has played you know what to expect from Steve Finnan. You get no change from him and he is just 'Mr Ever Ready.' He never has a bad game and he never lets you down.

Sami Hyypia:

Sami for me is great and he has been a fantastic player for Liverpool. Sometimes I feel sorry for him because he has been asked to play three games a week, and he has come to that stage now if he played once a week he would be fantastic. In saying that Sami has never let Liverpool down.

Steven Gerrard:

There's not a lot more you can say about him that has not already been said. He is fantastic and he always leads by example. There's no better midfield player in Britain, maybe the world than Stevie G and he is just incredible.

Fabio Aurelio:

He has had injuries but we know he has got a great left foot. He is also dangerous from set pieces. He's got to prove he is a good player and he needs an injury free run in the side.

Fernando Torres:

Torres has been the major plus for Liverpool this season. You thought it might take him a year to adapt but he has settled straight away. The goal against Chelsea was fantastic, he works really hard for the team and if he can get more goals then I think Liverpool have got to be in contention to win something this season. There is more to come from him.

Follow the linky-doo to get the rest.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Ian Rush's Half-term report
      Reply #1: Jan 12, 2008 05:20:19 am
      Thanks for the link F9T. Good read.

Quick Reply