Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool V Luton Match Thread

Read 9326 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Liverpool V Luton Match Thread
      Reply #115: Jan 15, 2008 10:14:56 pm
      got to say I really feel sorry for rafa tonight , it must be so embarassing for him as he has got to answer questions about his job when he has won the biggest trophy in football with an "half-decent" side . I love my club and I hope that these american "f*****s" do not do to our club what they could do ! YNWA

It is bad, but I think he fended off those questions with the usual hilarity that he loves so much! ;)

Jeff Shreeves was getting nothing out of him :lmao:

Cracking win, albeit a little late on in the game! :-\ Luton held on well but in reality we should have spanked them with a few more goals, starting with Babels shot that hit the post!

Made up about the win, and had my own good news tonight so I'm going to have a few bevvies and enjoy the night! :)
      Darren Anfield
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts | -2 
      Reply #116: Jan 15, 2008 10:19:18 pm
      Already have kopite , and i did have a good laugh at rafas comments , but rafa should not have to be answering those questions , and the reason he has is because the men at the top of our club , WE ARE NOT AN ICE HOCKEY SIDE , WE ARE NOT A BASEBALL SIDE , WE ARE LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ,  THE BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD , YNWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #117: Jan 15, 2008 10:21:41 pm
      Just watched the iinterview with Rafa the man has class and dignity by the bucket load ,good on you Rafa .irwt
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #118: Jan 15, 2008 10:22:14 pm
      It is bad, but I think he fended off those questions with the usual hilarity that he loves so much! ;)

Jeff Shreeves was getting nothing out of him :lmao:

Cracking win, albeit a little late on in the game! :-\ Luton held on well but in reality we should have spanked them with a few more goals, starting with Babels shot that hit the post!

Made up about the win, and had my own good news tonight so I'm going to have a few bevvies and enjoy the night! :)
      Care to share the good news, so we all have a reason to have a few bevvies on you!
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #119: Jan 15, 2008 10:23:23 pm
      Most important thing was the win tonight, we didnt force them enuough first half but the chances came and we were unlucky, really it was a matter of time before we broke them  down, i think we showed Luton alot of respect tonight which they deserved, to be fair with all the goings on they done well for 1 game and half over 2 legs! Rafa i see couldnt smile much tonight i think what has happened is bang out of order, with the owners coming out saying about Klinsmann, they said it was just honesty on the owners part but sorry that aint the point we trust in Rafa!!!!!!.
      Darren Anfield
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts | -2 
      Reply #120: Jan 15, 2008 10:24:55 pm
      GOD i hate ANDY GRAY ;D!!!!!!!!!!!1
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #121: Jan 15, 2008 10:25:32 pm
      Already have kopite , and I did have a good laugh at rafas comments , but rafa should not have to be answering those questions , and the reason he has is because the men at the top of our club , WE ARE NOT AN ICE HOCKEY SIDE , WE ARE NOT A BASEBALL SIDE , WE ARE LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ,  THE BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD , YNWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course he shouldn't have to answer them but what better way to shut people up than take the piss? Rafa knows the score! ;) If they sack him he's a few bob richer, and if he stays then he can do his job! ;)

We are Liverpool FC, and things are going to look up soon! Don't like the bad feeling we have, it's got to go soon! :)

Care to share the good news, so we all have a reason to have a few bevvies on you!

New baby nephew! ;) Born 3 minutes before Babel scored! 8) So if anyone's influenced the match it's little Matthew Luke! :)
      Darren Anfield
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts | -2 
      Reply #122: Jan 15, 2008 10:32:38 pm
      Congrats! mate well done , hope hes a red !!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #123: Jan 15, 2008 10:35:11 pm
      It was good to see pennant and alonso have a good game on there return from injury, torres should of probably scored though but what a performance from gerrard. People are always talking about how many goals ronaldo gets but gerard gets alot too and he gets assist wich ronaldo does'nt. hopefully we can now take this win and put in a good performance next game
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #124: Jan 15, 2008 10:36:30 pm
      Congrats! mate well done , hope hes a red !!!

Nothing but the best mate, I'll sort his baby LFC kit out as soon as mate! 8)
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #125: Jan 15, 2008 10:37:01 pm
        Congratulations..Tell your nephew's mother to give her new born a third name Ryan,;D (only joking mate)

f..ck the press and andy gray
        we saw a liverpool fighting for the ball for all 90 mins.
        in Rafa we trust
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #126: Jan 15, 2008 10:46:00 pm
      Great result :) Luton played well but with that line up, we had to put the game to bed in the second half!

Well done Stevie, great hatrick.

500 games for Jamie, well done Jamie, your a legend! :) And hopefully your wicked little son will turn out a quality defender like you  

Jeff Shreeves tried his hardest to get Rafa to talk about his job being at risk but Rafa wasn't giving anything away! Good on ya Rafa! :)

Well done you Reds,
      Lets just keep it up!!  ::)
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #127: Jan 15, 2008 10:51:08 pm

New baby nephew! ;) Born 3 minutes before Babel scored! 8) So if anyone's influenced the match it's little Matthew Luke! :)

Congrats on the new little (hopefully red) arrival :)
      Cy
      Reply #128: Jan 15, 2008 11:05:57 pm
      Welcome to the World  Matthieu Luke..

Now, the game, I'm very happy about it, as everyone, but the result is expected..Luton we played there. If there is a negative in this game is that none of our strikers scored tonight. We could have scored 10 and should have scored 10, but it's always good for the moral to win with 5 goals and keep a clean sheet.

Congratulations to Stevie for his hat-trick, funny enough he placed his strikes instead of hammering them which was nice to see..:)...A good win..Hopefully will bring us back on a winning streak, RAFA class!! all about 500th game of CARRA and Gerrard Hat-trick..you have to love the man..

http://fanchants.com/football-team/liverpool/    to sing along for the newbies...;)
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2008 11:33:19 pm by Cy »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #129: Jan 15, 2008 11:28:41 pm
      Rafa's going nowhere, Rafa's going nowhere, na naa na na, na naa na na!!!! Tell you what, it was great singing that, let me tell you! A nice release.

Wasn't too surprised about the first half. They came to defend like most teams do, but it was only a matter of time. Seen it so many times before. You could tell there would be a nice pass into space and someone would get on the end of it. Step up Torres and Babel. I'm looking forward to seeing how they play together in the future.
      Second half a lot better because we stung them just before the break. The passing was more relaxed and had a bit more urgency. It was funny reading some posts earlier in this thread about Gerrard. He is certainly one of the few players in our side who can always pop up with a goal. Glad he got his hat trick.

Not a fantastic performance but without a doubt, a big confidence booster. And a great way to put all the sh*te from the yanks lately to one side. Got to keep working hard now and have to keep winning.

I got home in time to see the highlights on Match Of The Day. If anyone seen it, I'd like to say Alan Hansens comments were spot on about Babel, the way the owners have behaved and what we must do. Everyone stick together and get behind our manager!

Congratulations Joey!! Wet the baby's head lad!!  ;) Was Gerrards first goal celebration about the new addition to your family I wonder?
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #130: Jan 15, 2008 11:34:13 pm
      Rafa is brill in interviews fair play!! The Klinsmann thing is clearly affecting him he couldn't manage a smile. I feel for him, the fans love him, the players probably trust in him, but the owners don't. I fear his time is running out :(

I was hoping Luton could keep a clean sheet until half time but the first goal was coming, it was just unlucky (for Luton) that it came about 30seconds before half time! In all fairness to them I think Luton played their hearts out and gave it their all.

Also, well done to the Reds! What a hat trick by Stevie! Babel's goal was a beauty, and the other a bit scrappy but hey it's a win. Crouch I thought had a bad game, but I can't remember the last Liverpool game I actually fully watched (ie not highlights) - if any this season to be honest, unless it was late August/early September, so I don't think I have the right to be slagging off people - but I thought Crouch was a bit crap tonight.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #131: Jan 15, 2008 11:34:42 pm
      Congratulations Joey!! Wet the baby's head lad!!  ;) Was Gerrards first goal celebration about the new addition to your family I wonder?
      Oh yeah sorry, congratulations :D
      I wondered what the hell that was about too?!
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #132: Jan 15, 2008 11:55:48 pm
      Confrats CRK kinda!

What an enjoyable game, lay on the couch with a blanket watching it. When Babel hit the post I just had this feeling that a ridiculous scoreline was to be had. His goal was quality. Go on Hyypia, and Gerrard made each of his goals seem too easy, they looked like he didn't even try!

I'm glad Pennant is back, and I hope Rafa starts Babel and Crouch more and more, the whole front gave me the feeling that if they played together they'd gel and become something horrible for other teams! And if Kuyt was brought on for the last half hour I'd be happy. Dont actually know where I'm going with this post. Fcuking class!
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #133: Jan 15, 2008 11:58:51 pm

Andy Ghey is a muppet. The half time talk on Sky was horrible. They went on about how great Luton were and how we didn't deserve the goal, they should fcek off. We attacked plenty in the first half and could have been up by more than one before half time. I'm so glad Pennant is back!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #134: Jan 16, 2008 12:18:49 am
      Job done, eventually!  ;) A good result but not one we didn't expect in all honesty. If I was to be a bit critical it should have been 2 or 3 more goals but Luton played very well and full credit to them for their home performance last time round.

Trust the captain (or was he a vice-captain tonight?)  to nick the captan's (usually vice-captain) limelight tonight!!  :)
      3 good goals for Stevie's hat-trick, well in!

Who saw the look on Rafa's face when Xabi attempted that shot straight from the restart?  >:(  :f_steam:  :lmao:

He hasn't half ridden a choppy storm over the weeks has our gaffer and I respect him for soldiering on in the face of adversity while Parry, Hicks and Gillette have undermined him with the 'back up manager' sh*t plus other nonsense in the press. Rafa is frustrating, stubborn and annoying at times BUT I would not want any other person controlling 1st team affairs at Liverpool, that is a fact. He is a man of his word, sticks by his convictions and does a great job for Liverpool FC. If the 3 stooges were to sell up tomorrow there is only one man I would want to stay and that is Rafa...  In Rafa I trust.  ;)

Oh and Yeah! Jamie... tonight is your night but do me a favour... go up to that nonsensical, full of sh*t for brains idiot Andy Gray and nut him for me would you, I would feel so much better if you did, cheers mate!  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #135: Jan 16, 2008 12:39:59 am
      Andy Gray isa knob, never has a good word to say about liverpool, he even slags them off on fifa 08. It probably because he used to play for E*****n
      MsGerrard
      Reply #136: Jan 16, 2008 12:50:39 am
      First of all....Congratulations Joey on the birth of your little nephew, all the best to your brother and his wife, and what a time to be born :lmao:

I knew once the floodgates were opened and we scored the first goal, the pressure would be off and they would be flying in left right and centre.

Great hat-trick by Captain Fantastic, now.... did Stevie get the hat-trick tonight because the pressure was taken off him, as Jamie was Captain......something to think about ;)

Also I think Pennant played really well tonight, seeing as he's not played for a bit.....I thought he looked quite sharp down that wing, loved the orange boots :o, even though he looked like he'd been dragged through a hedge backwards.... :-\

Babel also deserves praise tonight, really want to see him up front with Torres.

All in all a good performance, I know it was only against Luton, but this win will give the lads a tremendous boost, as it will Rafa too, and wasn't he so very composed in his after match interview.

Well done Rafa.......proud of you :)  and the boys...well in lads ;D

I'm just really really cross about one thing.......I missed the streaker :lmao:
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #137: Jan 16, 2008 04:29:08 am
      Andy Gray isa knob, never has a good word to say about liverpool, he even slags them off on fifa 08. It probably because he used to play for E*****n

Good point. I was wondering why he gets all the attention for his LFC dislike; He was an everton player, so what do we expect?

Quick Reply