Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

The Pets Thread

Read 135668 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: The Pets Thread
      Reply #644: Oct 05, 2011 11:16:10 pm
      Hope he's on the mend soon bud.

MsGerrard
      Reply #645: Oct 05, 2011 11:17:38 pm
      So missing my gorgeous little pussy - Nando  :(
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #646: Oct 05, 2011 11:19:25 pm

Poor Nando :(

Shes gone to a better place now and you couldn't have done anymore to help her.

Big hugs huni :hug:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,354 posts | 4969 
      Reply #647: Oct 05, 2011 11:19:52 pm

Sorry to hear about your cat Cas. I meant to post at the time but didn't for some reason.

He's a cross.  Looks like he has got a bit of wolfhound or lurcher in him though.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=6020.msg698803#msg698803

He definately resembles a Wolfhound around the head JD. Hope he gets better soon.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #648: Oct 13, 2011 12:42:17 am
       About a month ago a German Sheppard (@ 2 years old) wandered into my shop at work from a car lot next door. The dog was sick and had cuts on her neck. The day ended and no one came to claim her so I took her home.

The next morning I took her to my vet , she was malnourished , 10 lbs under weight, had ear infections, paw infections and other minor problems. The vet told me whoever had her had used a f***in choke collar on her neck. Evidence being the two deep sores .

So for the last month I managed  to get her all back healthy again , and I figured I might as well I might as well keep her. She's well mannered and hasnt as much as snipped at me even when I had to shove rolls of cotton in her ears. Plus I got a 13 year old Black Lab so now she got someone to play with.

Now, today at work this guy comes in from the head of a small security company. Somehow, and I have no idea how,(but I have my suspicions and I'm gonna gut the mother f**ker that opened his mouth), this guy knew I had his dog. Anyways , I have nothing to hide , I confront him and say yeah I got your dog, so he says he wants it back. Of course , I refuse.

So , I tell him everything  that was wrong with her and how he abused her and all. He denies , sayin he just bought the dog a week ago and hadn't taken it to the vet yet. He Still wants her back. I ask him to show me some proof that the dog is yours. He cant and then accuses me of breaking into his lot and stealing the dog and threatning to call the police  on me. So I say "Ok , I'll dial the f***in # for ya" He backs off.

By now I'm about to strangle this SOB but I manage to hold it together... I just tell him go get proof that this is your dog or get off my property. He leaves and says he'll be back tommorow. During our conversation he admitted to leaving dogs outside all night in the winter. He doesn't find anything wrong with it. He tells me he does security at 25 lots in the area , all with dogs. He didn't even want to pay the medical bills I spent to get her back to health. It was like $800

Bottom line there's no way he'll ever see this dog again. I don't care what papers he shoves in my face. In fact I'm thinking of calling all kinds of humane society's on him. Maybe put some posters up in the neighborhood exsposing this b***ard.

Im looking forward to tomorrow....
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #649: Oct 13, 2011 01:02:34 am
      Good luck with everything bronx. Good on you for standing up for the dog.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8684 
      Reply #650: Oct 13, 2011 01:37:57 am
      Back to the vets today.  Regular readers will be aware that my dog has had the knees of Bryan Robson. 

Pulled up on Saturday in a pre-derby walk and has been lying in the corner and when walking holding his leg up - just like he did after his two cruciate operations.

As is normal in my pet ownership life I've been worried sick.

Vet thinks it's just a strain (and we hope so to) as apparently there is no further operation to do on his leg.  Don't understand what they did in the op but there is no cruciate to repair anymore (if that makes sense).

Hoping he gets better soon.

Only just read this, hope Max is feeling a lot better mate.

About a month ago a German Sheppard (@ 2 years old) wandered into my shop at work from a car lot next door. The dog was sick and had cuts on her neck. The day ended and no one came to claim her so I took her home.

The next morning I took her to my vet , she was malnourished , 10 lbs under weight, had ear infections, paw infections and other minor problems. The vet told me whoever had her had used a f***in choke collar on her neck. Evidence being the two deep sores .

So for the last month I managed  to get her all back healthy again , and I figured I might as well I might as well keep her. She's well mannered and hasnt as much as snipped at me even when I had to shove rolls of cotton in her ears. Plus I got a 13 year old Black Lab so now she got someone to play with.

Now, today at work this guy comes in from the head of a small security company. Somehow, and I have no idea how,(but I have my suspicions and I'm gonna gut the mother f**ker that opened his mouth), this guy knew I had his dog. Anyways , I have nothing to hide , I confront him and say yeah I got your dog, so he says he wants it back. Of course , I refuse.

So , I tell him everything  that was wrong with her and how he abused her and all. He denies , sayin he just bought the dog a week ago and hadn't taken it to the vet yet. He Still wants her back. I ask him to show me some proof that the dog is yours. He cant and then accuses me of breaking into his lot and stealing the dog and threatning to call the police  on me. So I say "Ok , I'll dial the f***in # for ya" He backs off.

By now I'm about to strangle this SOB but I manage to hold it together... I just tell him go get proof that this is your dog or get off my property. He leaves and says he'll be back tommorow. During our conversation he admitted to leaving dogs outside all night in the winter. He doesn't find anything wrong with it. He tells me he does security at 25 lots in the area , all with dogs. He didn't even want to pay the medical bills I spent to get her back to health. It was like $800

Bottom line there's no way he'll ever see this dog again. I don't care what papers he shoves in my face. In fact I'm thinking of calling all kinds of humane society's on him. Maybe put some posters up in the neighborhood exsposing this b***ard.

Glad you stuck to your guns mate, love them dogs and hate anyone who mistreats animals.

He'll be one of those wankers that probably reckons it's the best way to make the dog meaner. Basically a F***ing shithouse arsehole!

Good luck with everything.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #651: Oct 13, 2011 08:59:05 am

Well done mate and do not let that bast*rd anywhere near the dog even if he says he will pay the vets fees.It is a pity you can't put a choker chain around his fus*ing neck.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #652: Oct 13, 2011 11:24:11 am
      Well in Bronx mate. What's wrong with getting a f***in alarm or CCTV for the lots? Just cheap labour to them.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,670 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #653: Oct 13, 2011 11:27:10 am

Fair play to you.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #654: Oct 13, 2011 01:46:51 pm

Nice one mate cant F***ing stand tossers who are cruel to animals,wankers,hope it all goes well.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #655: Oct 13, 2011 08:08:03 pm
      UPDATE-

So this scumbag comes back in to my shop today, along with the fella he bought the dog from. He shows me an invoice of two Greman Sheppards he bought for $1200 each. I told him I've decided to keep the dog because she would have a better life with me than in a used car lot. Needless to say he got really pissed. He said he would have me arrested for possesion of stolen property.
      Obviously trying to scare me somehow. He asked me I I'd ever been arrested before , I said it's none of your business. He says you'll be arrested today.

It was at this point that my brother (who is five times more of an animal lover than me) gets in his face and they start arguing. Then he shoves my brother. (ASSAULT). So then my brother filed a police report against him and a warrant will be issued for his arrest. He wants to play the legal game , we're gonna go right back after him. Full strength.

I was talking to the trainer and he told me that he has video evidence that the dog was in perfect health when he sold her. So, I came back and said "if that's true then I don't have your dog because the dog I found had two neck puncture wounds that were still bleeding" Then he says he has video of me stealing the dog from his property. It's total bullshit because I never went on his property. So I said show me the video. He can't , because it doesn't exist.

So I left work just in case the police come and try and arrest me. I stopped by my vet on the way home and got all the dog's medical records. And I'll probably be hiring a lawyer now.

I guess the next move is his now, we'll see what happens now. I'm gonna take the rest of the weekend off, in case he trys to pull some bullshit. I WILL NOT BACK DOWN OR BE INTIMIDATED.

I get arrested, then he'll get arrested for assault. Let's see how long he wants to continue playing this game.

The dog, Sandy, is doing great. Laying right at my feet as I type this.

Thank you all for your support

YNWA
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #656: Oct 13, 2011 08:10:07 pm
      Well in Bronx mate. What's wrong with getting a f***in alarm or CCTV for the lots? Just cheap labour to them.

Yup , Gow . Youre absolutley right, and it sickens me.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #657: Oct 13, 2011 08:17:33 pm
      Good on you Bronx, YNWA.

Hope Max is feeling a little better too, JD.

Spoke to my Mum earlier. Sid still hadn't gone then - that was around 2pm. I imagine he'll be settling into his new house now, stinking up a corner for himself. :)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #658: Oct 13, 2011 08:32:35 pm
      I admire you LFC Bronx very much, Sandy will be 100 million times better off with you, hope everything works out for you hun xx
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #659: Oct 13, 2011 09:33:04 pm
      Obi Wan Nando.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8684 
      Reply #660: Oct 13, 2011 10:22:50 pm

ha ha kwalitee = and that's just the date!!

The dog looks boss too!
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #661: Oct 13, 2011 11:38:30 pm
      What a man you are LFC bronx  :gt-happyup: Hope all works out well for you and Sandy. Good on you mate!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #662: Oct 17, 2011 11:20:50 pm
      How's Max JD?
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #663: Oct 26, 2011 02:31:26 am
      Here is a little update on the Sandy situation. Not much has happened until today. The police came by last week to ask a few questions , I showed them the medical bills and told them to contact this fella to see if he wanted to work out a deal.

Turns out that , legally speaking, I'm in possesion of stolen property (dogs are considered property in NY). Once I find out the property is stolen Im required to return the property. It's a class E felony because the dog is worth more than $1000. But there's no way I'm putting the dog back in that situation.

So, today one of the cops shows up and we start talking. He says that I should go to BRONX FORD AND TOYOTA,owners of the dog and try and work out a deal AND say's he wont arrest me with a felony , but a misdemeanor.(< remember that) The difference is a felony and you go through the system maybe a night in jail, a misdemeanor and youre in and out in an hour. He says he's gettin alot of pressure from "upstaris" to do something about this. Hmmmmm "upstaris" ?? (really, over a dog , I'm quite sure there are alot of more pressing issues in the cesspool that is the Bronx)  I told him my deal was I'd give him $200 bucks for the dog.  He paid $1200 to buy the dog, the medical bills are $1000 , sounds fair to me.

Then, it turns out the guy at FORD is actually an ex-cop and is friends with one the officers investigating the case. Hmmmmmmmm.

After work ,after I'd left, the cop's partner came in and talked to my father who was closing up. He told my Dad that Ford had given him an offer.

The offer is I pay $5000 plus issue an apology. Yeah watchya say .  What a F***ing INSULT. They can't be serious. So F**k them, I got safe places for the dog to stay in the meantime. 

Now we'll see if I get charged with a felony, because if I am , it means the first cop lied to me. These mother fuckers wanna go at me , let em . They're never gonna see that dog again.  I'm gonna meet a laywer tomorrow. THE GLOVES ARE OFF. I got friends too.

Never trust the police, and always keep youre mouth shut.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #664: Oct 26, 2011 02:41:31 am
      Bronx, I am proud to see someone standing up for a dog. I wish you all the best.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,337 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #665: Oct 26, 2011 04:37:18 am
      Here is a little update on the Sandy situation. Not much has happened until today. The police came by last week to ask a few questions , I showed them the medical bills and told them to contact this fella to see if he wanted to work out a deal.

Turns out that , legally speaking, I'm in possesion of stolen property (dogs are considered property in NY). Once I find out the property is stolen Im required to return the property. It's a class E felony because the dog is worth more than $1000. But there's no way I'm putting the dog back in that situation.

So, today one of the cops shows up and we start talking. He says that I should go to BRONX FORD AND TOYOTA,owners of the dog and try and work out a deal AND say's he wont arrest me with a felony , but a misdemeanor.(< remember that) The difference is a felony and you go through the system maybe a night in jail, a misdemeanor and youre in and out in an hour. He says he's gettin alot of pressure from "upstaris" to do something about this. Hmmmmm "upstaris" ?? (really, over a dog , I'm quite sure there are alot of more pressing issues in the cesspool that is the Bronx)  I told him my deal was I'd give him $200 bucks for the dog.  He paid $1200 to buy the dog, the medical bills are $1000 , sounds fair to me.

Then, it turns out the guy at FORD is actually an ex-cop and is friends with one the officers investigating the case. Hmmmmmmmm.

After work ,after I'd left, the cop's partner came in and talked to my father who was closing up. He told my Dad that Ford had given him an offer.

The offer is I pay $5000 plus issue an apology. Yeah watchya say .  What a F***ing INSULT. They can't be serious. So F**k them, I got safe places for the dog to stay in the meantime. 

Now we'll see if I get charged with a felony, because if I am , it means the first cop lied to me. These mother f**kers wanna go at me , let em . They're never gonna see that dog again.  I'm gonna meet a laywer tomorrow. THE GLOVES ARE OFF. I got friends too.

Never trust the police, and always keep youre mouth shut.

Man, you might be getting yourself in a bit of trouble there, but you really earned my admiration. Well done and hope all ends well for you and the dog.

He's a cross.  Looks like he has got a bit of wolfhound or lurcher in him though.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=6020.msg698803#msg698803

Only seen your reply now. Very nice dog, mate, hope he's doing better now.

I receive emails from a Schipperke kennel every time there are new puppys, asking if I'm interested, because I once sent them an email asking a few questions about the breed. I live with my mother and brother and they both don't want a dog, so there isn't much I can do. I love dogs though and it kills me not to have one. Seeing all those pics of the Schipperke puppys makes me want to get one so much :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,337 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #666: Oct 26, 2011 05:05:04 am
      Anyone ever had a Staffordshire Bull Terrier?

Any idea if it would be a good idea to have one in a apartment?

Quick Reply