Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Will Momo be better than Viera or is he alrerady?

Read 3483 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Aug 03, 2006 11:49:01 am
      Interested on all your views! Was excellent last season and looked impressive against grasshoppers! All last season when i saw him play i thought "some great bussiness from rafa! 5m! So cheap! And to think we saved him from joining everton! Great deal rafa! What do use think?
      Hoplite
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #1: Aug 03, 2006 11:54:08 am
      He is pure class. Im not sure about being better than viera right now, but he isnt even 21 yet, and considering the type of player he is and what role he plays (viera-eque), he is extremely young, but with strength and ability far above his years! When you think of him, Alonso and Reina (to name a few) you realise just how much of a tallented buyer Rafa is.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #2: Aug 03, 2006 12:06:29 pm
      Lets just say am chuffed to bits that neverwon didnt sign him when they were so close to a deal and we did miss him in the champs league. would of liked him to have learned off didi for another season as he is still only 21 but that wasn't to be but we have got a quality player who can only get frighteningly better our midfield is probably the strongest in the prem at the mo.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #3: Aug 03, 2006 12:12:24 pm
      Couldnt agree more! CUM'ON LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 03, 2006 03:42:10 pm
      Momo is a class act already, but he has a lot of hard work ahead of him if he is to be considerd one of the worlds best. and with rafa help and steve g presents, he can go on to become the best.
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #5: Aug 03, 2006 07:21:53 pm
      Great player!!!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #6: Aug 03, 2006 07:40:32 pm
      Momo looks really fit in preseason, he'll be really inportant next season now that Didi's gone. He looks like he's played in the premiership all his life, a real snip at £5M and right under the noses of the Bitters complete class!  ;D
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #7: Aug 04, 2006 07:31:42 am
      not yet in vieiras class but he is only 21, needs to improve his passing and creativity and he will surpass vieira in two years
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #8: Aug 05, 2006 03:04:02 pm
      hes impoved dramatically since the start of last season not sayin he was bad then
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #9: Aug 05, 2006 04:17:31 pm
      He has the seeds of greatness about him, his tackling is quite awesome and I think that he will be one of the greats a great player for a great new golden age for LFC.
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 06, 2006 08:48:01 am
      He seemed to get better and better every game.
      His tackling improved dramatically over the season and to come back so strong after such a bad  injury just goes to show the commitment of the player.
      To compare him to Vieira is a bit too early but if he carries in improving at this rate he will be a lot better than him and will become a true great........hopefully ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #11: Aug 06, 2006 01:02:14 pm
      Bit early for that at the moment like, but he is climbing to that kind of status at an alarmin rate. At the age of 21, he's got time on his hands. He'll be a pivotal player this season now that Didi has gone though. he'll be better than Viera one day though, thats a cert  8)
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #12: Aug 12, 2006 04:05:17 pm
      benitez has called the buy of sissoko a bargain rafa goes on to say

"Momo is a really good player who shows all the people how commited he is every time he plays, he plays the same in training this is the kind of plyer i like and the supporters like watching. When you have a good player who has a strong physical approach to the game, the fans are always happy I hope he will improve even more. He knows he needs to improve when he is with hte ball but this is an area he practises every day. You can pay big money for a player if that player is good enough its good business - Xabi Alonso is a good example he was expensive but hes a very good playere and nobody questions we were right to pay so much but as a manager you're always trying to bring in players of a high quality at a good price so in the case of Momo its fair to say I'm really happy with him"

and to think he is still only 21 and going to get better i think we have a world class player in sissoko
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #13: Aug 13, 2006 01:42:53 pm
      seems to have taken notice to my previous post, vs haifa was outstanding going forward, and unlucky not to score. could hardly believe my eyes
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #14: Aug 13, 2006 05:17:11 pm
      He was outstanding again today against Chelsea.

Man of the match.

Sissoko has a great future at Anfield.  Some real competition for midfield places now.
      Bristol Scouse
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #15: Aug 13, 2006 09:50:59 pm
      Momo will be even better than Viera I am sure.

he is still so young but just seems to get better with every game, an amazing signing by Rafa, I think he could prove to be one of his best.

He is not the finished article yet, but playing under the worlds best coach for the greatest club side in the world will be the making of him.
      narmour
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #16: Aug 13, 2006 11:01:34 pm
      sissoko has flourished at anfield and we can only see him get better, some of the tricks and flicks he's done is just pure class. one critisism is that he isnt the attacking type player, if he was he would be the next wonder boy at liverpool.
      SpeedyG07
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #17: Aug 14, 2006 12:24:59 am
      i think he is as good as vieria now and he is still very young so i think he will definately be better and will be a legend at liverpool. i would choose momo over vieria any day.
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #18: Aug 14, 2006 09:02:03 am
      i think that sissoko still needs a yr of two... nearly there still makin the odd mistake here and there but has improved greatly COMEON MOMO HELP US LIFT THE PREM

Quick Reply