Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Arsenal reject Reds Walcott loan bid

Read 3485 times
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Re: Arsenal reject Reds Walcott loan bid
      Reply #23: Jan 26, 2008 06:41:36 pm
      At the same age . . .
      Theo Walcott is 18 years and 313 days old . He has 76 first-team appearances, 9 first-team goals 1 international cap, 0 international goals and 1 BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year award.

At the same age Michael Owen had made 57 first-team appearances, scored 29 first-team goals, had 12 international caps, 4 international goals and 1 PFA Young Player of the Year award.

Wayne Rooney had made 41 first-team appearances, scored 10 first-team goals, had 7 caps, 2 international goals and 1 BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year award. He won the PFA Young Player of the Year in 2005 (aged 19).

Theo is talented and is a liverpool fan too
      Where do you know he is a Liverpool fan. I have never heard about it!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #24: Jan 26, 2008 06:44:58 pm
      All pace no brains. Dont need him, we need boys that can finish.

David Villa is the lad we need in a red shirt...
      Hysén007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #25: Jan 27, 2008 10:08:56 am
      I really like to see Villa in a red shirt to. :)
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #26: Jan 27, 2008 10:12:07 am

Yeh, like Kuyt and Voronin. Although in all seriousness David Villa should be a big priority for us.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #27: Jan 27, 2008 11:18:51 am
      Yeh, like Kuyt and Voronin. Although in all seriousness David Villa should be a big priority for us.

Agreed re Villa would be simply magnificent alongside The Kids - and as I have said before - Dirk and Voro need to go through the Rafa revolving club door - a la Morientes, Josemi, Nuñez, etc - he has made a mistake, but should quickly fix it... at least Voro was a free.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #28: Jan 27, 2008 01:24:01 pm
      At the same age . . .
      Theo Walcott is 18 years and 313 days old . He has 76 first-team appearances, 9 first-team goals 1 international cap, 0 international goals and 1 BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year award.

At the same age Michael Owen had made 57 first-team appearances, scored 29 first-team goals, had 12 international caps, 4 international goals and 1 PFA Young Player of the Year award.

Wayne Rooney had made 41 first-team appearances, scored 10 first-team goals, had 7 caps, 2 international goals and 1 BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year award. He won the PFA Young Player of the Year in 2005 (aged 19).

;D i thought everyone knew that.

Walcott and his father are both Liverpool FC fans. Walcott has never hidden the fact that he's a massive Liverpool supporter and even when Chelsea laid out the red carpet for him as a youngster, he used the opportunity to meet his real idols: "I was playing in a tournament for Swindon when Southampton and Chelsea showed an interest," recalls Walcott. "Chelsea invited me to be a ball-boy for a game against Liverpool and it was fantastic to meet my heroes Michael Owen and Robbie Fowler."

"I was a Liverpool fan simply because my dad followed them. Unfortunately I wasn't born when the team had their golden era, but I enjoyed watching the likes of Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler and Steve McManaman when I was growing up. When Liverpool won the Champions League last year, I went mad. I was shouting so loud I think I woke up the entire village where I live!"
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #29: Jan 27, 2008 01:30:46 pm

Fair enough you want david villa but that isnt a fair assessment of Walcott.
      He is a great player, and isnt just all pace just look at yesterdays game with Newcastle. As much as people like to think arsenal is the perfect place to go as a youngster but it isnt as great as its hyped up to be. Fair enough Wenger is good at developing progressionbut if your not playing perfect he seems to give up on them, Theo is a great player and will be successful.

He is very successful and he is still very young, the first game he was played upfront instead of on the wing he got two goals. he isnt just kick and run atall he just needs patience as does Ryan Babel and he isnt complaining about playing on the wing so he is very willing to learn in order to progress, if he had a run of 5 or 6 great matches then people would be saying hes great.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #30: Jan 27, 2008 01:54:47 pm
      At the same age . . .

You will note that the BBC gave Walcott the Sports Personality award.........funny that. Or maybe not. He fits their bill.

Quick Reply