Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Patience Gentlemen, You Mark My Words.......This Storm WILL Pass.

Read 13166 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Patience Gentlemen, You Mark My Words.......This Storm WILL Pass.
      Reply #92: Jan 27, 2008 07:03:38 am
      Troffy I was looking through some of my old programs today and I started reading one it was the Bill Shankly Testimonial Souvenir program.(I realise this was B4 your time )Shanks did a write up and he said when he became manager of Liverpool Football club he realised that the people who followed L.F.C. were winners like himself.I wonder what he would say to posters like yourself who continually find fault with the club.Shanks did not win a trophy every year but he set this club up and the fans thought the world of him.100% of clubs would of loved to achieve what Liverpool have in the last 3 seasons so be thankfull for that.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #93: Jan 27, 2008 07:34:13 am
      Troffy I was looking through some of my old programs today and I started reading one it was the Bill Shankly Testimonial Souvenir program.(I realise this was B4 your time )Shanks did a write up and he said when he became manager of Liverpool Football club he realised that the people who followed L.F.C. were winners like himself.I wonder what he would say to posters like yourself who continually find fault with the club.Shanks did not win a trophy every year but he set this club up and the fans thought the world of him.100% of clubs would of loved to achieve what Liverpool have in the last 3 seasons so be thankfull for that.
      I am 100%  grateful, of course I am. I am also a realist.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #94: Jan 27, 2008 09:56:06 am
      so you WERE a manc if knighton was an embarassment to you he wasnt for me i loved it so why dont you go bak to em they need people like you besides as proud as i always am of my club and my team its quite embarassing now being a livepool supporter now after the mud the yanks have dragged us through so this must be where you change your support again
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #95: Jan 27, 2008 10:53:17 am
      I'd prefer that if I am going to be stopped from opening new threads then people stay on-topic in the ones that I have opened.

You were stopped from starting new topics because you broke one of the rules of the forum (of which there is actually only six)

'BUT DON'T use any offensive language in the subject of a new topic. If you do this - you will be prevented from starting new topics until we have flogged you several times.'

Maybe have a read of them?
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,37.0.html
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #96: Jan 27, 2008 10:59:01 am
      There has been a lot of grief recently, and a lot of people have made idiots of themselves. Hicks included.

But I believe Gillette has reined him in and spoken some sense into him.

Lets look at the facts:-

Refinancing? Check.

Central Cover in Skrtel: Check

New Revised Stadium: Check

Dumping Sissoko: Check

Consolidating Mascherano: Check

Rafa Still Our Manager: Check

Still In Champions League? Check

Anybody running around with a bloody DIC banner needs to have a bloody good look at themselves in the mirror. Yes, Hicks made an AWFUL error by undermining Rafa and by engaging Rafa in the manner he did but HEY...push came to shove, the money was there for the Skrtel lad when we needed it, the same way it was there for Babel and for Torres.

So lets settle down now to a calmer period.
      A crass over simplification, why don,t you open up a line of communications with Mr.Parry & Moore you'd make a first class PR director!!!!!!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #97: Jan 27, 2008 11:06:29 am
      He'd have to get out of his armchair hence that's a 'no-go'.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #98: Jan 27, 2008 11:12:12 am
      Offer our arse to every passing Tom Dick and Harry???

No we just done that to a Tom Hicks and Parry !!!!
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #99: Jan 27, 2008 01:47:26 pm
      Offer our arse to every passing Tom Dick and Harry???
      Right so the secrets out, Im not proud of my past! but it doesn't make me a bad person????

Seriously though as Ive told you readers in the past I work in Edinburgh in the week and have a friend who works in a "large banks HQ" up their. I ve just go of the phone and in his usual coy manner, absolutely assures me negotiation with DIC are on going??? The re finacing had to be completed as they were in immanent danger of contravening their banking covenants, make what you will of that little snippet!!!

More good news, should we eventually get the new owner we so desperately want, Ive just been offered a contact with the organization that are building the new light rain system in Dubai. I would  be most honored to be the LFCREDS ambassador to the court of "Maktoum" (a thousand pardons for the spelling of your family name your Royal Highness)
      see I can do it!!!!!!!
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #100: Jan 27, 2008 01:49:24 pm
      You were stopped from starting new topics because you broke one of the rules of the forum (of which there is actually only six)

Maybe have a read of them?
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,37.0.html

I used the word "sh*te"

Thats hardly blue.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #101: Jan 27, 2008 01:50:19 pm

That was actually quite Drole. Well done.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #102: Jan 27, 2008 01:51:16 pm
      so you WERE a manc if knighton was an embarassment to you he wasnt for me I loved it so why dont you go bak to em they need people like you besides as proud as I always am of my club and my team its quite embarassing now being a livepool supporter now after the mud the yanks have dragged us through so this must be where you change your support again

Never was a Manc. I was a child in Ireland deciding on an English football team. Knighton was seeing Aliens and so I went for the Pool.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #103: Jan 27, 2008 02:19:13 pm
      Never was a Manc. I was a child in Ireland deciding on an English football team. Knighton was seeing Aliens and so I went for the Pool.

Pity.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #104: Jan 27, 2008 04:09:09 pm
      I used the word "sh*te"

Thats hardly blue.

Why the arrogance? What's wrong with a bit of consideration for others when choosing the title of a thread?

See you forgot that there is female users when you titled this thread.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #105: Jan 27, 2008 09:33:03 pm

How many days that take you to think of???

Nice one ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #106: Jan 27, 2008 09:34:57 pm
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #107: Jan 27, 2008 10:12:39 pm
      The storm will pass eh... so will we be hearing the sweet silver song of a lark...

...or will we be seeing the shiny silver finn of an (american) shark...

Walk on OR Swim for your life... take your pick.

I still don't trust these bas**rds... something about this whole fiasco still stinks to hell... going to take a lot to change my mind... and with those interest payments, it's going to take some time to happen too...

God help us if we have ONE average season in the next 10 seasons!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,199 posts | 1642 
      Reply #108: Jan 29, 2008 09:17:15 pm
      I used the word "sh*te"

Thats hardly blue.
      F***ing hell, JD and the mods are pretty relaxed on here when it comes to the rules. There isn't to many of them and there simple to follow. Everyone else can follow them why can't you?

Back on topic. With the yanks something just doesn't add up. For a start, the new stadium design, how is fitting in 11,000 extra seats from the original design going to be cost-cutting?
      With us paying £30 mill in intrest alone each year, where are our transfer funds going to come from? Will Rafa have to sell to buy? If we miss out on the CL in the next couple of years our stadium is down the pan and we are up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Look at the amount of questions Troffy, Liverpool has never been a club to be shrouded in controversy but that exactly what happened as soon as these yanks entered the frame. You have stated that the yanks gave us our transfer record for a player, but they used money loaned from the bank for all the transfers, they haven't put any of their own money in.

All G+H have done to us since joining is lie to us. And now they have realised that we won't let OUR club go without a fight they have tried throwing in a few sweetners. The damage has been done, they have lost the fans trust forever, unless they can really pull something out of their arses (or get parry to do that for them) then 99% of fans will never trust them.

EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #109: Jan 29, 2008 09:32:27 pm
      They didn't even use borrowed money Liverbird, through Champions League revenue & outgoing transfers the club covered the cost of those signings, so they haven't spent any money on signings, borrowed or not.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #110: Jan 29, 2008 11:32:32 pm
      It may take 2 years for hicks to prove he has the clubs interest at the centre of his thinking,there are still a lot of doupters out here Tom and we are watching every action you take regarding LFC.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #111: Jan 30, 2008 12:23:45 am
      How many days that take you to think of???

Nice one ;D

Hehe, only just got that one after seeing it quoted for the third time... :D
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #112: Jan 30, 2008 12:41:39 am
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2008 01:30:17 am by LondonRed »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #113: Jan 30, 2008 05:46:43 am
      Yankee Stadium is down the shi**er, we wont have any revenue after these bas**rds get through half the stadium. Then another loan taken out, 50 million interest a year. A mass exodus in players and coaching staff, plus making shortcuts to slow the slip.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #114: Jan 30, 2008 01:09:18 pm
      Why the arrogance? What's wrong with a bit of consideration for others when choosing the title of a thread?

See you forgot that there is female users when you titled this thread.

Of for Christ sakes.....girls that follow football have to deal with far WORSE language and general behaviour. Try not to be so PC.

Quick Reply