Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Now the real work begins

Read 1731 times
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 409 posts |
      Now the real work begins
      Aug 05, 2006 09:22:02 am
      Now that the pre-season games are over the next games we play is the real deal in way of a champs league qualifier and the community shield i'm wondering everybodys thoughts on after pre season how the reds may fare i personally believe we shouldnt have a problem at home against maccabi haifa but as it has been reported will the result on wednesday have any effect on rafas thinking in the community shield i for dont think so i know it is only the community shiled but to start the season off with a bit of silverware is always nice and to do it aganst chavski is better and you just cant see rafa giving anything away certainly not to the whinging 1.
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Now the real work begins
      Reply #1: Aug 06, 2006 09:03:04 am
      I think Rafa understands the importancy of beating Haifa and will put out his strongest side.
      They shouldn't cause us too many problems if we play to our ability and I am not worried about pre season form as we aways seem to have a bad one.
      the most important thing is to get past them and into the Champions League proper.

ONE GAME AT A TIME FOLKS ;)

Chelski can wait.

OUR TIME HAS COME AGAIN
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Now the real work begins
      Reply #2: Aug 06, 2006 12:48:57 pm
      Those games haven't dampened my spirits, I'm as confident in Rafa as I ever was and I feel he has really strengthened the squad well. Just hope the league form picks up a bit more consistency, as it has throughout the last two seasons.

Quick Reply