Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Now the real work begins

Read 1729 times
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 409 posts |
      Now the real work begins
      Aug 05, 2006 09:22:02 am
      Now that the pre-season games are over the next games we play is the real deal in way of a champs league qualifier and the community shield i'm wondering everybodys thoughts on after pre season how the reds may fare i personally believe we shouldnt have a problem at home against maccabi haifa but as it has been reported will the result on wednesday have any effect on rafas thinking in the community shield i for dont think so i know it is only the community shiled but to start the season off with a bit of silverware is always nice and to do it aganst chavski is better and you just cant see rafa giving anything away certainly not to the whinging 1.
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Now the real work begins
      Reply #1: Aug 06, 2006 09:03:04 am
      I think Rafa understands the importancy of beating Haifa and will put out his strongest side.
      They shouldn't cause us too many problems if we play to our ability and I am not worried about pre season form as we aways seem to have a bad one.
      the most important thing is to get past them and into the Champions League proper.

ONE GAME AT A TIME FOLKS ;)

Chelski can wait.

OUR TIME HAS COME AGAIN
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Now the real work begins
      Reply #2: Aug 06, 2006 12:48:57 pm
      Those games haven't dampened my spirits, I'm as confident in Rafa as I ever was and I feel he has really strengthened the squad well. Just hope the league form picks up a bit more consistency, as it has throughout the last two seasons.

Quick Reply