Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 5th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W9 D6 L6

Are we buyin a striker or what?

Read 6407 times
      meshy
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 14 posts |
      Aug 06, 2006 10:12:12 am
      are we gonna buy another striker soon? :?
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #1: Aug 06, 2006 10:31:29 am
      PROBABLY ;)
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #2: Aug 06, 2006 01:15:49 pm
      lets hope so
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #3: Aug 06, 2006 02:33:09 pm
      kuyt or defoe or this greek dude
      meshy
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 14 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 06, 2006 02:48:12 pm
      id like kuyt .  or even  darren bent
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #5: Aug 06, 2006 05:17:43 pm
      i cant see us buying darren bent now that he has signed a new contract a charlton the only 2 strikers who appear to be avalable and affordable are kuyt and defoe personally i would have kuyt but remember rafa wont pay over the odds for anyone so if the price isnt right rafa will take the current squad into the season and wait till january.
      RedWilly

• 9,199 posts | 1642 
      Reply #6: Aug 06, 2006 05:23:19 pm
      Didn't we give some 20 yr old greek dude a trial and he's now taking a case to UEFA to get out of his club PAOK something.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #7: Aug 06, 2006 08:15:47 pm
      I think Defoe, he's quick and he'd fit in nicely at Anfield. Spurs weren't too hot on him last season.

Anywayz we'll see.  :)
      championlonglegs
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -3 
      • Yes
      Reply #8: Aug 06, 2006 09:36:45 pm
      Who is this greek guy everyone one is on about and how did u fined out?
      RedWilly

• 9,199 posts | 1642 
      Reply #9: Aug 06, 2006 10:45:57 pm
      Quote from: "championlonglegs"
      Who is this greek guy everyone one is on about and how did u fined out?
      It was on the official site a couple of weeks back dunno his name.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #10: Aug 07, 2006 08:22:14 am
      Defoe for me, I know everyone rates Kuyt but I cant really place down an opion on him seeing as Ive not seen much of him in the dutch league, and to be honest I know some have said kuyt played out of position in the world cup but for me he didnt really do a lot in that tournament and didnt do anything that shon out to be honest. Another thing to take into consideration is the jump from a mediorce league into the EPL, no disrespect to the dutch league or people intended here just a plain fact that coming from that league into the EPL is a hugh jump and apart from old horse face van nistleruude I cant think of any other dutch player who has made the transistion without many problems.
      I think most fans of Kuyt seem to be thinking a man in the same mold as horse face, but in my experience whenever anyone makes that assumption and compares one player to another the new player often comes up short.
      meshy
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 14 posts |
      Reply #11: Aug 07, 2006 09:16:53 am
      rickywawa
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 146 posts |
      Reply #12: Aug 07, 2006 02:44:53 pm
      it seems obvious that rafa will try to get kuyt. peronally, i'm very disapointed that interest in defoe seems to have waned somewhat. overall, i hope God can score 30 goals so this post will seem void in a season from now.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #13: Aug 07, 2006 08:18:30 pm
      Injury permitting i think GOD may play more games than everyone thinks he is looking a lot leaner than when he 1st came back.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #14: Aug 08, 2006 01:45:28 pm
      With regards to this greek skriker he is 20yrs old and if purchased will be one for the future and not this season - his cost due to get out clause is £130k which is why rafa is going for him. PAOK are trying to get out of it which is why it has gone to uefa.

Now we are raising money due to sales Kuyt is the prefered striker of the ones who are available. Can't see Defoe going for less than £12 - 15m

If we do indeed sign Kuyt I think all the doubting LFC fans will be pleasently suprised - he is a good player and will prove good business at £10m or below.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #15: Aug 08, 2006 07:23:59 pm
      Kuyt played a blinder the other day against Boro, perhaps that might open Rafa's eyes a bit. That'd b the last signin of our pre-season tho wudnt it?
      TheThinRedLine
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #16: Aug 08, 2006 09:09:16 pm
      Interesting speculation. There is a new article posted by Paul Tomkins on another site (don't remember the link off hand), where he says--rightly I think--that no striker is going to play 38 games as in the old days. Therefore the figure that matters is the ratio of goals to minutes played. Using this criterion, Tomkins demonstrates that Fowler was easily the best Liverpool striker last season. In fact, he scored 5 goals from just 9 shots on target! Bellamy also had a good ratio for Blackburn. Crouch and Cisse came some way behind--though Crouch's figures were distorted due to him taking so long to get off the mark. Tomkins' conclusion is that under Rafa 2 or 3 strikers might get 12-15 goals each--and at the same time have a very good goals to minutes played ratio.

As regards Kuyt, there are suggestions that Parry is only prepared to make the funds available if Liverpool make the group stages of the CL (an assured 10 million immediately in the bank!). For this reason, the deal is on hold until after the qualifying round--and might easily fall through if Liverpool fail to reach the group stages (would Kuyt want to join the team anyway if we were out of the CL?)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #17: Aug 08, 2006 09:47:40 pm
      Hmm.. I'd like Defoe personnally :D
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #18: Aug 08, 2006 10:39:58 pm
      inow that hernan has gone to inter...will maureen do anotha spoiler and declare his interest for the blonde dutchman. i wld honestly prefer defoe.....cld see linking nicely with the other jermaine and of course stevie g. come on rafa, go for a proven premiership player....u neva know he may be a boyhood reds fan.......!!!!!! :D
      Chris B
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 09, 2006 06:26:42 am

I personnally think that Kuyt would do a good job for liverpool and have been wanting him to sign for since last summer.....   8)
      scousysmurf
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #20: Aug 09, 2006 12:31:58 pm
      I hope we buy a good striker thats not Kuyt bacause he reminds me of Robben and I can't stand Robben
      george_tibbles
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #21: Aug 09, 2006 03:43:35 pm
      to be honest i feel kuyt would be a good signing. because in bellamy we have pace, crouch arial ability, god has experiance and vision and with kuyt we will have that bull dog strong striker anfield has craved since hesky dissapointed!
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #22: Aug 12, 2006 09:36:59 am
      According to chris bascombe of the liverpool echo  he says

"By the end of the week Rafa Benitez should be unveilng the latest missing segment"

"When Dirk Kuyt arrives, which thankfully looks increasingly inevitable major business wil be concluded fo another summer and the first serious assesments of the new Liverpool can proceed"

the article also goes on to say it the deal couldeb worth about £10 million

Quick Reply