Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

West Ham vs Liverpool - Match Thread

Read 18489 times
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Re: West Ham vs Liverpool - Match Thread
      Reply #276: Jan 30, 2008 11:07:42 pm
      You'
      Thats the difference right there.

You hear the people who go the game sing Rafa's name week in week out .......people who dont , watch it on sky , take Andy bloody Gray;s words as gospel and call for Rafa's head after a bad spell.

Jesus....

(not all of em offcourse)
      you'd have to be a complete tosser to take Andy Grays word as gospel mate!

Has he ever a good word to say about any LFC player?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #277: Jan 30, 2008 11:08:33 pm
      Has it come to the notice of anyone else that Kuyt is catching so much flack from the fans right now because Torres has stopped scoring for a minute?  It use to be okay, I think, when he didi all the hard work behind Torres.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #278: Jan 30, 2008 11:10:21 pm
      Which is different to the Premiership completely. Different mentality over there and the consisteny levels arn't as high. Especially not back int he days when he won La Liga. You dumb tw*t!

Are you saying then that its easier to win La Liga with Valencia, than the Premiership with Liverpool? If so, then please expand on the subject.
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2008 11:13:26 pm by LondonRed »
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #279: Jan 30, 2008 11:11:17 pm
      Has it come to the notice of anyone else that Kuyt is catching so much flack from the fans right now because Torres has stopped scoring for a minute?  It use to be okay, I think, when he didi all the hard work behind Torres.

No disrespect mate but i dont think that is the case, he had 3/4 good oppurtunites to score tonight and that is what he is paid thousands for.

Torres and Gerrard count for 48% of all goals scored so far this season (optaindex)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #280: Jan 30, 2008 11:11:56 pm
      You know what the worst thing about reading some of this rubbish is? I've only got a couple of boddingtons in  :f_doh:
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #281: Jan 30, 2008 11:13:35 pm
      Now now labz07, they pay good money for their sky package ;)
          :D

You'you'd have to be a complete tosser to take Andy Grays word as gospel mate!

Has he ever a good word to say about any LFC player?

....exactly and thats what these people who ring up are.

and no he saves all that for man ure and the blueshite
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #282: Jan 30, 2008 11:13:49 pm
      You know what the worst thing about reading some of this rubbish is? I've only got a couple of boddingtons in  :f_doh:

Tell me about it!
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #283: Jan 30, 2008 11:15:10 pm
          :D

....exactly and thats what these people who ring up are.

and no he saves all that for man ure and the blueshite

Too right.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #284: Jan 30, 2008 11:15:27 pm
      Just polished off the last becks as that message came in .....sh*t   ::)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #285: Jan 30, 2008 11:16:26 pm
      There really does appear to be a divide.....

I heard two guys on Five Live talking about a protest against Benitez, can you believe that?

Disgrace - mind you it was probably Richobaz... so no worries.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #286: Jan 30, 2008 11:16:56 pm
      No disrespect mate but I dont think that is the case, he had 3/4 good oppurtunites to score tonight and that is what he is paid thousands for.

Torres and Gerrard count for 48% of all goals scored so far this season (optaindex)

My point. As long as Gerrard and Torres scored all the goals, it was okay to play Kuyt beside Torres. Now his goal drought is becoming more glaring.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #287: Jan 30, 2008 11:18:37 pm
      ...I believe these are the times when you really can see the glory hunters of our club for what they are.

Fair enough . we played sh*t and have been for a while and criticism is certainly due BUT some people (troffy in particular) are taking things well to far.

As I said before people like that need to support them lot down the east lancs road cause you arnt real fans

Spot on. Of course criticism due. Can tell you go the match Laz. This is not Liverpool standard. Things need to change on the field and fast. I think a bit of Crouch and Torres up front in the league is due now. Things aren't working up front so it needs changing. Same goes for the left wing. Kewell is not doing anything and Riise is always poor on the left of mid, so leave Babel in there.

Keep the stablility with these players and I think we'd start to see some improvement. They pose more danger.

Shipping carra out the side and sacking the manager wouldn't help right now....
      Fowler23
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #288: Jan 30, 2008 11:19:09 pm
      Are you saying then that its easier to win La Liga with Valencia than the Premiership with Liverpool? If so , then please expand on the subject.

Its a different subject to what we are one but ok. Valencia may be the glamour club of Spain like Barca or Real, but he inherited a team that had made TWO consecutive CL finals and had finished high in La Liga. So they were hardly a pile of sh*te that needed rebuilding were they. Not to take credit away from him though. Barca were pretty rubbish at this time and Real were too busy doing an impression of the Harlem Globetrotters to care. It wasn't easy but he had good foundations and in a league such as La Liga, his sh*t brand of mechanical, planned Foootball probably works better, as it does in Europe. Its difficult to say which would be easiest/hardest as the climates in the league changes.

Basically I just don't see how his style can bring us the title at the moment. Arsenal at home was the evidence for me. They passed the ball around brilliantly where as we were just a kick and chase team. Thats how I saw it that day and it was an eye opener for me
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #289: Jan 30, 2008 11:19:16 pm
      Disgrace - mind you it was probably Richobaz... so no worries.

:D got a bit of a battle going on with him havn't you donrafa!
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #290: Jan 30, 2008 11:20:35 pm
      My point. As long as Gerrard and Torres scored all the goals, it was okay to play Kuyt beside Torres. Now his goal drought is becoming more glaring.

But it wasnt really a partnership it was more Torres and A N Other, if thats the case then play Benayoun just off him?
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #291: Jan 30, 2008 11:23:34 pm
      Its a different subject to what we are one but ok. Valencia may be the glamour club of Spain like Barca or Real, but he inherited a team that had made TWO consecutive CL finals and had finished high in La Liga. So they were hardly a pile of sh*te that needed rebuilding were they.

What?

You sir, don't know your football or football facts - no point discussing with somebody that has such a vague idea of what Rafa did at Valencia...
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #292: Jan 30, 2008 11:23:49 pm
      Spot on. Of course criticism due. Can tell you go the match Laz. This is not Liverpool standard. Things need to change on the field and fast. I think a bit of Crouch and Torres up front in the league is due now. Things aren't working up front so it needs changing. Same goes for the left wing. Kewell is not doing anything and Riise is always poor on the left of mid, so leave Babel in there.

Keep the stablility with these players and I think we'd start to see some improvement. They pose more danger.

Shipping carra out the side and sacking the manager wouldn't help right now....

I think you're right, there is a clear difference between certain players in particular positions.

I'd keep babel on left, pennant on right and play benayoun down the middle, Stevie and Mascha and obviously Torres up top.

rotate Benayoun with Lucas and thats it. My only real concern is Left back since Aurelio, Riise and Arbeloa all have been poor and i doubt if any of them know who first choice is in that position therefore none are being pushed as had as they should be.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #293: Jan 30, 2008 11:24:20 pm
      But it wasnt really a partnership it was more Torres and A N Other, if thats the case then play Benayoun just off him?

Might not be a bad idea. He seems to have his scoring boots on of late. Scored a nice goal against Havant inside the box. Could work well. He's a tricky little player Yossi. He might be able to find the through ball to Torres better than Kuyt.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #294: Jan 30, 2008 11:27:31 pm

Yeah - he's obsessed with me now !  I have that appeal.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #295: Jan 30, 2008 11:28:09 pm

If I were a mod on here I would have banned him and Troffy for some of the things they have said about the club, the fans and the players.

In fact i'm sitting here seriously thinking if I should look for another forum.

I apologise to all for the threat I made to Troffy, it's insane, i'm a grown bloke here... but to read the sh*te written like that about a living legend that is Carra ...and the insult after insult about Rafa - like they do, cyclically, makes my blood boil.

Maybe I'm too passionate... or maybe I just need to search them out and stuff their typing fingers down their knecks... not sure.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #296: Jan 30, 2008 11:28:58 pm
      Might not be a bad idea. He seems to have his scoring boots on of late. Scored a nice goal against Havant inside the box. Could work well. He's a tricky little player Yossi. He might be able to find the through ball to Torres better than Kuyt.

That was his position for the Hammers, he is obviously naturally inclined to the middle, and he is always looking to feed the ball, it may mean running with one out and out striker but with Pennant and Babel on the field i think it would work
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #297: Jan 30, 2008 11:29:22 pm
      If I were a mod on here I would have banned him and Troffy for some of the things they have said about the club, the fans and the players.

In fact I'm sitting here seriously thinking if I should look for another forum.

I apologise to all for the threat I made to Troffy, it's insane, I'm a grown bloke here... but to read the sh*te written like that about a living legend that is Carra ...and the insult after insult about Rafa - like they do, cyclically, makes my blood boil.

Maybe I'm too passionate... or maybe I just need to search them out and stuff their typing fingers down their knecks... not sure.
      Just fecking go then you pre-madonna!

I actually registered on here before you - and you nearly a 1000 more posts than me, averaging over 9 aday - some going mate - why would you leave...you're obviously loving it!
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2008 11:31:56 pm by Richobaz »
      Red rob
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #298: Jan 30, 2008 11:30:38 pm
      My first post ever on here so hello people . question ?  I think crouch should play more, its beyond belief that he doesnt , but what about babel and torres up front ?

Quick Reply