Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

West Ham vs Liverpool - Match Thread

Read 18406 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: West Ham vs Liverpool - Match Thread
      Reply #299: Jan 30, 2008 11:30:54 pm
      I think the best thing to do is just get through this season as well as possible now. It hasn't been great by any means. We lose our assistant manager, Tom Hicks talks to Klingsman and admits that to the public, Rafa is restricted when comming to amount he has to spend in the transfer window, Hicks launches £350m of debt onto the club, the team is now playing terrible.

So guys, we are in one of the worst situations we've been in for a long long time, keep your heads up high because things can only improve.

What Rafa must do when the season ends is

* Be given freedom to spend in the transfer market
      * Get rid of all the dead wood in the Liverpool team
      * Get himself a right hand man, possibly call Pako back

The team will feel fresh next season I can assure you that, mentally and physically!
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #300: Jan 30, 2008 11:32:10 pm
      I reckon Crouch should be our second choice striker.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #301: Jan 30, 2008 11:32:31 pm
      Just fecking go then you pre-madonna!

It was so much better while you were banned darling... and then you got your sister to sign-up too...

You're all fingers pal... you wouldn't have the bottle to spout this sh*te amongst LFC supporters in the city or near the ground - because you would get such a pasting and then be put on the next bus home to mummy...
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #302: Jan 30, 2008 11:33:51 pm
      Its a different subject to what we are one but ok. Valencia may be the glamour club of Spain like Barca or Real, but he inherited a team that had made TWO consecutive CL finals and had finished high in La Liga. So they were hardly a pile of sh*te that needed rebuilding were they. Not to take credit away from him though. Barca were pretty rubbish at this time and Real were too busy doing an impression of the Harlem Globetrotters to care. It wasn't easy but he had good foundations and in a league such as La Liga, his sh*t brand of mechanical, planned Foootball probably works better, as it does in Europe. Its difficult to say which would be easiest/hardest as the climates in the league changes.

Basically I just don't see how his style can bring us the title at the moment. Arsenal at home was the evidence for me. They passed the ball around brilliantly where as we were just a kick and chase team. Thats how I saw it that day and it was an eye opener for me

Well, its not the correct thread to go into it here but anyway, I think you over simplify a situation in what was actually a very difficult thing to achieve. For me, bottom line is that winning La Liga is difficult and elusive much like the premiership but I feel that Benitez is capable of winning it. He just needs some more time.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #303: Jan 30, 2008 11:33:57 pm
      My first post ever on here so hello people . question ?  I think crouch should play more, its beyond belief that he doesnt , but what about babel and torres up front ?

hello mate. Rafa seems to like Kuyt - don't know why - mystery to all of us!
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #304: Jan 30, 2008 11:35:01 pm
      It was so much better while you were banned darling... and then you got your sister to sign-up too...

You're all fingers pal... you wouldn't have the bottle to spout this sh*te amongst LFC supporters in the city or near the ground - because you would get such a pasting and then be put on the next bus home to mummy...

Do you know how many threats you make on here Donrafa?  You got some anger problem?
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #305: Jan 30, 2008 11:35:06 pm
      Just fecking go then you pre-madonna!

I actually registered on here before you - and you nearly a 1000 more posts than me, averaging over 9 aday - some going mate - why would you leave...you're obviously loving it!

...and you say I'm obsessed about you?

You're having a laugh... I do love my club, of course I do. What's wrong with that?
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #306: Jan 30, 2008 11:35:20 pm
      I get the feeling , it now really is time to just put our BEST team out and KEEP that team for a number of games untill we start performing and winning games.

I have not lost faith in Rafa in the slightest , he has made bad and often glaring decisions this season , no doubt. The important thing for me though is that its the whole club from the players to Rafa that is performing badly ...Rafa has made some strange decisions whilst in my opinion the players have let him down somewhat in thier performances. It WILL turn round , and thats what everyone needs to remember. At the start of the season we looked awesome and unbeatable at times. Asif we were marching to the league title. We lost our way as the players and Rafa have all been below par. Sooner or later though we will come through the storm and start to play as we all know we are capable of playing.

Now lets get behind Rafa and the team , lets rag the blueshite outta fourth place , roll inter over at anfield in a few weeks time , shut the critics and the glory hunters up and go on a winning run !
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #307: Jan 30, 2008 11:35:39 pm
      My first post ever on here so hello people . question ?  I think crouch should play more, its beyond belief that he doesnt , but what about babel and torres up front ?

Welcome! Ignore the insults etc going round this thread. The forum isn't normally like this.

As for Crouch well, we were all calling for it during the game.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #308: Jan 30, 2008 11:35:52 pm
      Do you know how many threats you make on here Donrafa?  You got some anger problem?

Yeah with YOU... you walking talking dildo.
      adamhaxell
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #309: Jan 30, 2008 11:37:20 pm
      I  missed the game today as i was in the middle of something important (if there is anything as important as LFC), but have been told by friends who were there that we were hopeless. To lose to west ham is a massive dissapointment, and signals the final nail in this league seasons coffin I just want to know how long the fans will allow this trend of defeat to continue, i love rafa as much as anyone, and im so proud of our fans for sticking behind him, unlike those at lesser clubs (newcastle), but i feel that the longer it goes on that we dont win the premiership the less chance we have of ever doing it. We have to get real and look at our players and see that in many areas improvements are crucially neeeded, with a lot of our current players not playing to their potential, and certainly wouldnt get into the top 3 teams, maybe even Spurs. i dont profess to have the answer to our dilemma but i am getting more and more angry at the lack of real change in a team that is crying out for it. Rafa needs to sell off the dead wood and buy big, or else he is in danger of losing key men, and relegating us to a mid-table side.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #310: Jan 30, 2008 11:38:17 pm
      ...and you say I'm obsessed about you?

You're having a laugh... I do love my club, of course I do. What's wrong with that?

In your small world mate - you're the only person who supports liverpool - and know one can have a different opinion!  Everytime someone comes on here wanted to express there frustration at Liverpool playing badly - you get all aggressive with a reply.  You're not king kong - monkey boy!

You called Oldred a t*at earlier - and he's probably the nicest bloke on here. 
      Red rob
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #311: Jan 30, 2008 11:40:16 pm
      Welcome! Ignore the insults etc going round this thread. The forum isn't normally like this.

As for Crouch well, we were all calling for it during the game.

No problem , staggers belief how he's neglected im also worried babels gonna rot on the bench and go the way of pongolle ..
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      Reply #312: Jan 30, 2008 11:40:25 pm

DonRafa , your abusive posts do really make me laugh   :lmao:
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #313: Jan 30, 2008 11:41:10 pm
      In your small world mate - you're the only person who supports liverpool - and know one can have a different opinion!  Everytime someone comes on here wanted to express there frustration at Liverpool playing badly - you get all aggressive with a reply.  You're not king kong - monkey boy!

I'm not king kong? jeez... all this time thinking you was my long lost blonde....

That's because I SUPPORT - I dont DESTRUCT.

I'm sure the players would do great with blokes like you in the crowd... better for you to stay at home with your wrist and your sticky mags.
      Fowler23
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #314: Jan 30, 2008 11:41:22 pm
      What?

You sir, don't know your football or football facts - no point discussing with somebody that has such a vague idea of what Rafa did at Valencia...

he won two la ligas and a UEFA Cup. Great achievement but done with a very talented side. Have I missed something in this?

I don't think he's a bad manager at all but after 4 years, we look no nearer to challenging which suggests to me we, and he also, may need to look elsewhere.

Anyway, I won't discuss it further, I can't be bothered anymore. Its just my opinion. I dont want to arrange a protest against him, just what I think
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #315: Jan 30, 2008 11:42:32 pm

yeah I've not heard that one before..... :D
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #316: Jan 30, 2008 11:42:51 pm
      DonRafa , your abusive posts do really make me laugh   :lmao:

Grow-up mate!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #317: Jan 30, 2008 11:43:55 pm
      No problem , staggers belief how he's neglected im also worried babels gonna rot on the bench and go the way of pongolle ..

Sorry about this mate, welcome.

Babel has a lot more talent that Pongolle... but I think he has a bit of (big time footy) confidence obstacle that type that only maturity can sometimes fix - because the boy has talent in his boots, but I'm not sure if we will ever see it in a LFC shirt.
      Fowler_ynwa
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #318: Jan 30, 2008 11:46:45 pm
      I agree 100% Ra Ra Rafa,
      I'm curious whether people expected things to go back to normal on the field now the the refinancing has been done. The players have been through a lot the past few months and it's not easy to just forget about it. Unfortunately it's happened at a critical stage in the season and I think we're gonna struggle in the CL now.

Rafa needs to buy the players he really wants, only then can we properly judge him. The football Valencia were playing when he was in charge was incredible, and I'm sure he's dying to replicate that here, but he's had to stretch his budget and he's missed out on players like Alves, Villa and Simao because he couldn't afford them. I hope he gets the money to spend in the summer, because I can't stand these second rate buys. Better than Houllier's though!

One thing Rafa can do now is get himself an Ass. Man, ASAP. Someone has got to tell him he can't do it alone.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      Reply #319: Jan 30, 2008 11:48:24 pm
      Grow-up ? , i think the pair of you need to grow up to be honest with ya.

Just found some of the insults flying round quite funny.

.....i am staying out of this though

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #320: Jan 30, 2008 11:48:47 pm
      Donrafa and Richo. Leave the insults alone. It's tiresome and not football. If you need to have a go at each other, do it through PM, not on the forum.

Welcome Red Rob. Crouch should play more. Certainly after tonight. And I'd be very interested to see how Babel would play up front with Torres. For now though, I think we need Babel and Crouch on the pitch at the same time, which would mean Babel being on the wing. Both players can have more of an effect than others in my opinion though.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #321: Jan 30, 2008 11:48:50 pm
      he won two la ligas and a UEFA Cup. Great achievement but done with a very talented side. Have I missed something in this?

I don't think he's a bad manager at all but after 4 years, we look no nearer to challenging which suggests to me we, and he also, may need to look elsewhere.

Anyway, I won't discuss it further, I can't be bothered anymore. Its just my opinion. I dont want to arrange a protest against him, just what I think

Fair enough.

I happen to think he is the best thing to happen to this club in ages - and his work at the club is not done yet. Not by a mile.

Don't worry mate, I don't think the club will be pushing Rafa ...if/when he goes, it will be Rafa walking away (with a tear in his eye no doubt)... with the full support of the managers association too...

Did you see his post-match interview? He looked tired and very VERY angry... the man has a limit...

He did however make one pretty big mistake - Pako - after 10 winning years together, to think that he could pull it off on his own ...in this his first season alone - was slightly, dare I say it - naive.

Quick Reply