Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Your In Charge of Liverpool Football Club

Read 1848 times
      MsGerrard
      Your In Charge of Liverpool Football Club
      Jan 31, 2008 12:13:01 am
      So we are all experts on how Liverpool Football Club should be run, we all like to put our point of view across, after all, that's what this forum is all about. We tell Rafa what players to buy, what team to pick, which players should be playing where, and how to win games.

So, what would happen if you were suddenly put in charge of Liverpool FC?

How would you set about getting the team  back on the right track?
      What players would you get rid of? Would you bring Pako back?

Rafa has gone and your the boss.........what would be the first things you'd do?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Re: Your In Charge of Liverpool Football Club
      Reply #1: Jan 31, 2008 12:22:39 am
      I'd probably start by strangling Rick Parry with one of his own ties.

I think Liverpool's transfer policy is completely fu**ed up.

I would have taken £8 million Woodgate over £6.5 million Skrtel anyday, for example.

I'd have shelled out on Robbie Keane or Berbatov a long time ago - two players capable of scoring goals in the Premiership.

Dirk Kuyt would be on his way, as would Harry Kewell.  Jermaine Pennant would also be departing.  The latter two do not have an ounce of passion flowing in their veins - typical career players who won't care less if their medal collections are missing a few things as long as they have a bit fat bank balance.

Peter Crouch would go.  Possibly a nice fella but will never ever own a title medal.

To be perfectly honest I would be bringing the likes of Jay Spearing through to the first team.  If the so-called senior professionals feel like the performances they have been putting in have been adequate then we need to bring some new blood in, people with points to prove, and players with some passion for the shirt.

In the first half of the FA Cup at the weekend it was clear to me how much can be achieved simply by application and effort.  The simple truth is, with the players we have, we shouldn't be were we are in the league.

The players need a rocket up their arses.  They should be in training early and staying late until they learn how to a) pass to each other and b) score goals because they are currently a disgrace to me, to you, and to every other Liverpool fan who would dream of being in their shoes.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #2: Jan 31, 2008 12:22:58 am
      I wish I knew what I could do. Being a football manager is tougher than you think. I wish I was the owner of the club instead, I'd sell to DIC - yes I know the story is getting old now but its true!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Jan 31, 2008 12:30:28 am
      Shave my goatie off. It's not been lucky.

Put Crouch up front with Torres for remainder of the season. There isn't any sort of partnership up front. We need stability. Kuyt and Voronin have proved not to be good enough so far. No reason to keep playing them.

Keep Babel starting every game on the left. He's more dangerous than anyone we can play there. Let Pennant prove he deserves a place in the side ahead of Benayoun, in the cup games.

Do some serious work on the training ground about set pieces - offensive and defensive.

edavids
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #4: Jan 31, 2008 12:49:30 am
      if i was in charge i would sell Kuyt Voronin Kewell and Aurelio as they just arnt good enough. i would buy d bent i bet you would get him for 8 mill a player who can score goals in this league and would be playing week in and out if it wasnt for keane and berb are class together. i wouldn't pay 17 mill for masch that is a lot of money when we have a lot of players who can play there i would buy downing for the left wing. and play babbel in a free attacking role like ronaldo does for man u.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #5: Jan 31, 2008 12:56:28 am
      Step down and appoint JD as boss ;) :D He has got everything covered.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6: Jan 31, 2008 01:38:20 am
      Darren Bent??? Are you sane mate? How many has he scored this season, how many for England. And ffs im sick and tired of hearing about Parry the Yanks and our transfer policy. What F***ing transfer policy did Everton implement and they are a glorious 4 points in front of us. Rafa has lost the ability to motivate this team and that is it.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7: Jan 31, 2008 07:19:53 am
      If I was in charge of Liverpool Football Club I would get a clarevoyant to contact Bill Shankly.Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan and ask them for their advice. (  :f_tongueincheek:  )Seriously though I feel sorry for RAFA having to work for such lousy bosses.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #8: Jan 31, 2008 10:13:06 am
      So we are all experts on how Liverpool Football Club should be run, we all like to put our point of view across, after all, that's what this forum is all about. We tell Rafa what players to buy, what team to pick, which players should be playing where, and how to win games.

So, what would happen if you were suddenly put in charge of Liverpool FC?

How would you set about getting the team  back on the right track?
      What players would you get rid of? Would you bring Pako back?

Rafa has gone and your the boss.........what would be the first things you'd do?

Make my mind up about my best 11. Then LET THEM LOOSE.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #9: Jan 31, 2008 01:21:07 pm
      I'd probably start by strangling Rick Parry with one of his own ties.

I think Liverpool's transfer policy is completely fu**ed up.

I would have taken £8 million Woodgate over £6.5 million Skrtel anyday, for example.

I'd have shelled out on Robbie Keane or Berbatov a long time ago - two players capable of scoring goals in the Premiership.

Dirk Kuyt would be on his way, as would Harry Kewell.  Jermaine Pennant would also be departing.  The latter two do not have an ounce of passion flowing in their veins - typical career players who won't care less if their medal collections are missing a few things as long as they have a bit fat bank balance.

Peter Crouch would go.  Possibly a nice fella but will never ever own a title medal.

To be perfectly honest I would be bringing the likes of Jay Spearing through to the first team.  If the so-called senior professionals feel like the performances they have been putting in have been adequate then we need to bring some new blood in, people with points to prove, and players with some passion for the shirt.

In the first half of the FA Cup at the weekend it was clear to me how much can be achieved simply by application and effort.  The simple truth is, with the players we have, we shouldn't be were we are in the league.

The players need a rocket up their arses.  They should be in training early and staying late until they learn how to a) pass to each other and b) score goals because they are currently a disgrace to me, to you, and to every other Liverpool fan who would dream of being in their shoes.

I agree with you entirely ALMOST, I disagree with your view on Crouch, I also disagree with your assessment over Woodgate I think he is very overrated. I also wouldnt have got Berbatov in as his attitude stinks the sulky vampire git.

I for one think Crouch and Torres would make a great front pairing with Crouch being the link man for a more direct approach if using the width and pace and threw ball dont do the normal trick, he holds up the ball well has great technical attributes and would be a great link man for Torres to run off of.

I totally agree with your comments about Jay Spearing and I would also add we could do with getting Anderson back from Swansea and doing the same with him instead of forking out millions on overrated wingers like quasimodo from Porto.

I think your remarks about them being a disgrace are a bit harsh but I know where you are coming from, they would all get a kick up the arse and fined a weeks wages to snap them into shape.

As for Parry he would be out on his ear

Quick Reply