Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Chelsea game (1966)

Read 6034 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Chelsea game (1966)
      Feb 03, 2008 08:19:57 am
      The team is = Lawrence,Lawler,Milne,Smith,Yeats,Stevenson,Callaghan,Hunt,ST.John,Strong,Thompson.

This was played at Anfield on the 26 December 1966 and we won 2-1.

Ross was the sub,

Unfortunately I did not record who scored our goals but I still have the original programme. Also of interest prior to that match we had played 20,won 10 drew 6 and lost 4.This was the season after we had won the league-not a lot of difference to present day is it. ( I am referring to the games played )
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2008 01:20:57 pm by JD »
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Re: Team For Chelsea Match
      Reply #1: Feb 03, 2008 08:29:35 am
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2: Feb 03, 2008 08:48:20 am
      Thanks for that Venison I will mark my programme with Rogers details.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #3: Feb 03, 2008 09:14:14 am
      The team is=Lawrence,Lawler,Milne,Smith,Yeats,Stevenson,Callaghan,Hunt,ST.John,Strong,Thompson.This was played at Anfield on the 26 December 1966 and we won 2-1.Ross was the sub,Unfortunately I did not record who scored our goals but I still have the original programme.Also of interest prior to that match we had played 20,won 10 drew 6 and lost 4.This was the season after we had won the league-not a lot of difference to present day is it.( I am referring to the games played )

Good team, think they just be a little to old now.  :lmao:
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #4: Feb 03, 2008 11:22:05 am
      Good team, think they just be a little to old now.  :lmao:

??? and are they any good if playing out of position...???
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #5: Feb 03, 2008 11:56:01 am
      When are we playing Chelsea? next Satiredau isn't it
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #6: Feb 03, 2008 12:01:22 pm
      Sunday - 4pm KO Live on Sky Sports 1 ::)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #7: Feb 03, 2008 12:05:48 pm
      Sunday - 4pm KO Live on Sky Sports 1 ::)

Cool, will deffo be watching that one in a tense way! Drogba, Essien & Kalou are most likely to miss the game, Obi Mikel will probably be back by then but who cares about him?

Even though Chelsea have got their two best players away in Africa I think we should still be a bit tense because they have Nicolas Anelka who is class and other class players. Though I think we can win it, given our players forget about their old poor form and just get on with the match!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Feb 03, 2008 12:11:36 pm
      4-1 trouncing this week. ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Chelsea game (1966)
      Reply #9: Feb 03, 2008 02:58:19 pm
      The team is = Lawrence,Lawler,Milne,Smith,Yeats,Stevenson,Callaghan,Hunt,ST.John,Strong,Thompson.

This was played at Anfield on the 26 December 1966 and we won 2-1.

Ross was the sub,

Unfortunately I did not record who scored our goals but I still have the original programme. Also of interest prior to that match we had played 20,won 10 drew 6 and lost 4.This was the season after we had won the league-not a lot of difference to present day is it. ( I am referring to the games played )

I see what you're saying there Billy. We've played four more games than back then but if there was a couple more draws there then it wouldn't be far off at all, going into this game against Chelsea. And when you look at the quality in that side above....
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #10: Feb 03, 2008 03:16:21 pm
      I remember our another win over Chelsea at Stamford Brige. It was not many years ago. It was 7th of January of 2004 if I am not wrong.
      We won 0-1. Bruno Sheirou scored. Sorry I don't know how to write his surname correctly.
      Our line-up was one of the worst of that season 2003/2004, but we won still.
      It was so unbelievable and best present for Christmas (Orthodox Christmas is the 7th of January)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Feb 03, 2008 05:08:29 pm
      I remember that game well Alessio......his name is Bruno Cheyrou, a lot of people were saying,  who didn't support Liverpool "Who? never heard of him" haha !! great stuff..

One of the best games against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge was in May 1986 when King Kenny Dalglish scored the only goal of the game to clinch the League, I think Everton finished second that season........more great stuff ;D

We've never done very well against Chelsea at the bridge recently, so it's about time our luck changed.
      BobbyIrish
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #12: Feb 03, 2008 05:14:27 pm
      I remember our another win over Chelsea at Stamford Brige. It was not many years ago. It was 7th of January of 2004 if I am not wrong.
      We won 0-1. Bruno Sheirou scored. Sorry I don't know how to write his surname correctly.
      Our line-up was one of the worst of that season 2003/2004, but we won still.
      It was so unbelievable and best present for Christmas (Orthodox Christmas is the 7th of January)

Remember that, If i remember Correctly Wasn't Stevie G suspended and working for sky....We got hammered all game until Heskey Played the ball out wide and it came to cheyrou who finished it off brilliantlt,Didn't he get sent off though???for geting his laces coaught and the ref thought he kicked out...

All Together.....Chim chimery,chim chimery, chim chim chimeroo,
                             Who needs ryan giggs, when you've got cheyrou..
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #13: Feb 04, 2008 01:41:49 am
      I see what you're saying there Billy. We've played four more games than back then but if there was a couple more draws there then it wouldn't be far off at all, going into this game against Chelsea. And when you look at the quality in that side above....
      kenny 10 out of 10 for picking up on what what i was trying to get across,that was my exact point.
                     MsGerrard I remember the Kenny Dalglish goal at Chelsea very well.we did indeed win 1-0 to clinch the league.I must point out we also did the double that season beating Everton at Wembley.I hope I have not hurt anyone with that as I am sure it still brings back sad memories for L.F.C. supporters.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #14: Feb 04, 2008 01:57:55 am
      MsGerrard I remember the Kenny Dalglish goal at Chelsea very well.we did indeed win 1-0 to clinch the league.I must point out we also did the double that season beating Everton at Wembley.I hope I have not hurt anyone with that as I am sure it still brings back sad memories for L.F.C. supporters.

I'm distraught Billy. Thanks a bunch for bringing that up. Not sure I'll cope tonight...

That particular Dalglish goal is one of my favourites ever. That feeling of knowing the league is nearly there is amazing. And it was a great goal too. Never forget when the whistle went - hence my sig  ;)

As for the 66 game Billy, was you in The Kop?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15: Feb 04, 2008 07:40:48 am
      I'm distraught Billy. Thanks a bunch for bringing that up. Not sure I'll cope tonight...

That particular Dalglish goal is one of my favourites ever. That feeling of knowing the league is nearly there is amazing. And it was a great goal too. Never forget when the whistle went - hence my sig  ;)

kenny I was at the game but I have got to be honest and say I cant remember anything specific about the match.I do know Chelsea had a good keeper in those days Peter Bonetti and a certain centre forward by the name of Tony Hately who we signed 6 months later.So to win 2=1 was a good result
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #16: Feb 04, 2008 10:15:05 am
      Im working sunday will have to make do with 5live on the radio we dont have a good record there but with Lampard and Terry out and Drogba and Essien away this should be a good time to play them.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #17: Feb 04, 2008 06:46:36 pm
      I remember that game well Alessio......his name is Bruno Cheyrou, a lot of people were saying,  who didn't support Liverpool "Who? never heard of him" haha !! great stuff..

One of the best games against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge was in May 1986 when King Kenny Dalglish scored the only goal of the game to clinch the League, I think Everton finished second that season........more great stuff ;D

I didn't watch that game because I was only 3 years old. I tried but I can't remember.

Mamma Mia, I wasn't born yet! But I want to remember  that too.
      I only read about after Second World War Chelsea.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #18: Feb 05, 2008 08:31:03 pm
      I have just remember one thing. When I was studying at University and we were learning Future tences on the English lessons, I remember one good sentence given in our English book to make us understand the constraction be going to in Future. It was something like Liverpool are going to win Chelsea (because now the score 4-0 and till the end of the match only five minutes!). So it's obvious that Liverpool are going to win!

That example was given in English book for students learning English as a foreign language!!!

Quick Reply