Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Diego and Santa Cruz

Read 3340 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Diego and Santa Cruz
      Feb 05, 2008 02:11:36 pm
      Today  I have been hearing alot of rumours regarding Diego and Santa Cruz moving to liverpool.

Diego

This signing would be brilliant and would sort out wing issues and it is reported that liverpool have contacted Werder Bremen about a possible transfer. He s one of the brightest prospects of world football and sign him along with Quaresma then that is the midfield 100% brilliant with them two, Gerrard, Masch, Lucas, Pennant, Alonso (if he stays), and benayoun. I remeber seeing diego rip real madrid apart in the champons league recently on the wing so it is clear that he is a world class player, especially seeing as he was getting the better of ramos and canavaro

Santa Cruz

Im not to sure about this one though because he has played at the top level with bayern munich but never really hit the heigts, although he is good for blackburn i think e is a player that cant fit into a top team. I would much rather see babel up front wth torres or maybe even eto'o, villa or messi (no chance of getting messi though :( )
      Santa Cruz would be a waste of 7 million especially seeing as he is basically just another crouch regarding height and ability. Why not just keep crouch and ave that 7 million go on a better striker or to a winger

kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Re: Diego and Santa Cruz
      Reply #1: Feb 05, 2008 02:15:55 pm
      Diego id go for not Santa Cruz,shouldnt this be in the transfer rumours section?
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #2: Feb 05, 2008 02:17:39 pm
      I have been impressed with Santa Cruz this season actually and think he would be an excellent acquisition but I doubt it will materialize we would have far too many expensive strikers unless we sold Kuyt or Crouch that is.  As for Diego I think the midfield is pretty much solid now with Lucas coming up to speed and Alonso back.

lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #3: Feb 05, 2008 02:40:34 pm
      Diego absolutely but i dont think he is a wing player. More of a young aimar type but eitherway we should go for him.

Santa cruz is a good player but im not sure on that one.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: Feb 05, 2008 02:45:58 pm
      Today  I have been hearing alot of rumours regarding Diego and Santa Cruz moving to liverpool.

Diego

This signing would be brilliant and would sort out wing issues and it is reported that liverpool have contacted Werder Bremen about a possible transfer. He s one of the brightest prospects of world football and sign him along with Quaresma then that is the midfield 100% brilliant with them two, Gerrard, Masch, Lucas, Pennant, Alonso (if he stays), and benayoun. I remeber seeing diego rip real madrid apart in the champons league recently on the wing so it is clear that he is a world class player, especially seeing as he was getting the better of ramos and canavaro

Santa Cruz

Im not to sure about this one though because he has played at the top level with bayern munich but never really hit the heigts, although he is good for blackburn I think e is a player that cant fit into a top team. I would much rather see babel up front wth torres or maybe even eto'o, villa or messi (no chance of getting messi though :( )
      Santa Cruz would be a waste of 7 million especially seeing as he is basically just another crouch regarding height and ability. Why not just keep crouch and ave that 7 million go on a better striker or to a winger

Don't suppose you have a source? From what I've seen of Diego he's quality!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #5: Feb 05, 2008 03:04:55 pm
      Don't suppose you have a source? From what I've seen of Diego he's quality!

aloadofw**k.com and fotball2day.com
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #6: Feb 05, 2008 03:17:28 pm
      TBH though, I don't think £7million would get us Santa Cruz.

aloadofw**k says the Santa Cruz report was in the Daily Post. Anyone know if thats a reliable source?
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #7: Feb 05, 2008 03:35:12 pm
      Tribal Football aint that reliable full stop mate. << see what I did there?
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #8: Feb 05, 2008 04:46:54 pm
      Diego is a center mid isin't he.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #9: Feb 05, 2008 08:49:59 pm
      Diego is a center mid isin't he.

He played on the wing against Madrid
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #10: Feb 05, 2008 08:58:46 pm
      I also thought Diego was a central player. As for Santa Cruz, give him time to prove he's not just on a run of good form & can keep it up, if he can then why not? We need someone who can bang in the goals & if we can get that man for £7m then I say go for it.

Having said that though it's from aloadofw**k so both rumours are probably a crock of sh*t ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #11: Feb 05, 2008 11:10:07 pm

Having said that though it's from aloadofw**k so both rumours are probably a crock of sh*t ;)

Well you can never be sure about tribal football, they were one of the first to say that babel was set for liverpool. they have recently put on there about david villa sayig he will assess his situation at valencia in the summer so lets hope he wants to leave and rafa ets him
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #12: Feb 05, 2008 11:36:51 pm
      The fact that site got the Babel transfer right is because they had predicted pretty much every player in Europe was 'signing for us imminently'. I don't believe anything that comes from it, on the odd occasion they get it right but that's through luck. 

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Feb 06, 2008 03:52:27 am
      Tribal football, hmmm.

Anyway, Diego yes! Santa Cruz, im not sure. Dont think he is worth it, he seems to shine and go into the spotlight becuase he plays for Blackburn where all their other strikers are sh*te anyway. I think if he kept up his form for an extended period of time then yeah he has proven himself and doesnt deserve staying at Blackburn but untill then im not sure.
      Istvan Kozma
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 31 
      Reply #14: Feb 06, 2008 07:30:36 am
      Tribal football, hmmm.

Anyway, Diego yes! Santa Cruz, im not sure. Dont think he is worth it, he seems to shine and go into the spotlight becuase he plays for Blackburn where all their other strikers are sh*te anyway. I think if he kept up his form for an extended period of time then yeah he has proven himself and doesnt deserve staying at Blackburn but untill then im not sure.

Santa Cruz???  Better player than Voronin but we could get a better player than Santa Cruz for the money being mentioned.  If we were to sign a player from Blackburn Rovers i'd much rather we went for Bentley.  I don't know a great deal about Diego but when i have watched him he has been used in the centre... Looks a quality player no doubt.  I think that Rafa will be busy this summer as in my opinion there are several players in the squad that should be moved on.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: Feb 06, 2008 07:36:45 am
      Santa Cruz???  Better player than Voronin

No doubt he is but Santa Cruz isnt exactly going to win us the Prem is he? If we want improvement than we have to look higher than the Santa Cruz's, Bellamy's and James Beattie's along with the other one season wonders. If he does however keep up his form and turn into one of the best Premier League strikers then no doubt i  would like to see him in a Liverpool shirt but untill then...dont think so.
      Istvan Kozma
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 31 
      Reply #16: Feb 06, 2008 07:44:36 am
      No doubt he is but Santa Cruz isnt exactly going to win us the Prem is he? If we want improvement than we have to look higher than the Santa Cruz's, Bellamy's and James Beattie's along with the other one season wonders. If he does however keep up his form and turn into one of the best Premier League strikers then no doubt I  would like to see him in a Liverpool shirt but untill then...dont think so.

Which is why i included in my first post that we could get a better player for the money being mentioned!  I'd like us to sign another striker in the £20 million bracket...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Feb 06, 2008 07:50:10 am
      Which is why I included in my first post that we could get a better player for the money being mentioned!  I'd like us to sign another striker in the £20 million bracket...

Oh sorry mate.

On another note, why would we be hearing of transfers now that the transfer window is closed. I know it may be in a summer move but why would we move for them in the summer when January just passed and had a chance then? aloadofw**k is just crap.
      Istvan Kozma
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 31 
      Reply #18: Feb 06, 2008 07:56:14 am
      Oh sorry mate.

On another note, why would we be hearing of transfers now that the transfer window is closed. I know it may be in a summer move but why would we move for them in the summer when January just passed and had a chance then? aloadofw**k is just crap.

I suppose most Managers would start working very early on potential summer targets as they'd want to get an advantage on any club that could compete, but your right, anything that's on sites such as tribal football has to be taken with a pinch of salt.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #19: Feb 06, 2008 02:38:13 pm
      I would much prefer benni mcarthy than santa cruz but he is too old really
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #20: Feb 06, 2008 08:22:37 pm
      The tra
      Bet you read The Sun as well.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #21: Feb 07, 2008 05:46:18 am
      I would much prefer benni mcarthy than santa cruz but he is too old really

Benni McCarthy isnt the player Santa Cruz is.

07/08.

McCarthy 6 goals 1 assist.

Santa Cruz 11 goals 5 assists.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #22: Feb 07, 2008 12:14:56 pm
      On the subject of buying players anyone want to know how little barca are apparently signing garay for?

Quick Reply