Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

An Ownership Conspiracy?

Read 1696 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      An Ownership Conspiracy?
      Feb 06, 2008 08:24:46 am
      Reading on LFC.tv this statement from Hicks and Gillet from the beginning when they took over and though this could be a conspiracy i have created...

The duo agreed a deal with Chairman David Moores after lengthy discussion and Hicks went on to reveal their delight at capturing one of the world's biggest clubs.

Hicks said: "I had obviously heard of Liverpool, then I had the chance to read about 115 years of history on the internet and was awestruck about what I discovered - the 18 championships, the bleak years of the 30s and 40s, the triumphs and tragedy and the success in Europe."

Gillett also expressed his joy and admitted it was a privilege to be associated with Liverpool.

"Tom and I have been involved in sports for a long time," said Gillett. When you sit in our little country you get an unusual perspective and probably an incorrect one, because we think our sports are pretty popular. Then you come over here and see the tribal aspects of the fans and their affection and support for the team and realise it's a game which is watched by billions. You quickly see this is the most popular sport in the world and that this is one of the most popular clubs in the world. To have the opportunity of getting involved in this is a rare privilege."

======================================================================================

I thought to myself, if we really read into this, could we have told the future and saw the signs of what was to eventually come our way?

They talk up Liverpool and their history, then seem to obsess over our support base and the how it is watched by billions etc. Was that the sign that told us that they were in it for the money?

Also in saying, "To have the opportunity of getting involved in this is a rare privilege." What if we saw this from his point of view which is, "We could make so much money from this franchise."

When i read this today, i thought to myself, the signs were there and we didnt read too much into it because we saw this as a move forward in money power and a new stadium but looking back, hopefully, you can see where i am coming from.

Am i right to think this way or am i just reading too much into it?

Thoughts?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: An Ownership Conspiracy?
      Reply #1: Feb 06, 2008 09:21:22 am
      There is no doubt about it, Hicks is definitely in it to make as much as he can out of the club by whatever means he deems necessary.With Gillett I am not sure why he bought in as he has been very quiet since the season started.I think out of the two of them he is the lesser of two evils or three evils if you include Rick Parry.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #2: Feb 06, 2008 07:28:21 pm
      Of course they were in it for the money.

Why on Earth would somebody who had never heard of an institution two weeks prior go out and buy it?

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #3: Feb 07, 2008 09:03:54 pm
      I'm not sure Parry is totally clean - all those rushed dealings - why?

Legally bound to accept highest offer (no matter what the conditions????) - my pipehole.

Parry you are as guilty as sin, and you know it.

Rick you are walking on VERY thin ice matey... you're F***ing with our religion pal.

Quick Reply