Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Jamie Redknapp-"Benítez Will Never Win The Title"

Read 7808 times
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Re: Jamie Redknapp-"Benítez Will Never Win The Title"
      Reply #23: Feb 13, 2008 04:50:45 pm
      You're right Richobaz, he was a good player for us, and but for his injury problems he could've been world class.

However as a pundit I feel he is a lame duck, relying on cliches & the opinions of others rather than having something of his own to say.
      Disagree mate !

I'd rather an ex-Liverpool player came on TV and stated his frustrations with Liverpool (seeing as we aren't doing that well) than talk all positive - like some of the people do on here all the time!!!!

The Sky set isn't as bad as people make out on here.  Souness, Paul Walsh, Tommo, Gary Mac and Redknapp are all pro-Reds...and they don't hide it!

So the majoriity are reds - only let down by Gray and few monkeys!
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #24: Feb 13, 2008 04:51:49 pm
      You're right Richobaz, he was a good player for us, and but for his injury problems he could've been world class.

However as a pundit I feel he is a lame duck, relying on cliches & the opinions of others rather than having something of his own to say.

Glad you agree on him a good player and bar injuries could have been a top-player!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #25: Feb 13, 2008 05:18:24 pm
      Yes no doubting he was a great player but he seems to love chelsea and doesnt often say good things about us.

And I dont think 9 points off frst place and 1 off second is far off the title to be honest.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #26: Feb 13, 2008 05:26:45 pm
      Well , if Jamie Red says thinks like that , then there must be liverpool players that agree , if Gerrard and co was so happy with Rafa then I dont think jamie would say thinks like this , where there is smoke ...

I will Eddie..........dont talk such sh*te !! 
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #27: Feb 13, 2008 05:36:07 pm
      Jamie 'Gray'.

Stop spooning them Jamie and give your own opinions!
      Yawaray
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Reply #28: Feb 13, 2008 06:42:05 pm
      Guys we have to be candid with our views. I believe  Jamie has every right to express his unbiased opinion. Rafa is really great but frankly the way he's psyched his players and prepared for some premier league matches is not impressive at all. Arsenal, Chelsea and manu players play epl matches with urgency and self believe but for us sad I cant say same. We were 2 down against Reading and Rafa did the worst thing on earth. the team selection was in fact an indication that he didn't want to win the match. How many has Hleb, adebayor, Fabregas, Sagna, Clichy, Toure, Flamini and co being benched by Wenger without injuries. Ronaldo, Rooney, Ferdinand, hargreaves, evra etc have also been regulars for manu. we have to be realistic the epl does not favor too much rotation. He needs support from the owners so he can purchase attacking players, like Quaresma, Huntelaar, etc. we need players that can score terrific goals and change matches single handedly. Masch, Carra, Reina, agger are world class but are all defensive and would rarely score goals for us. man u and arsenal have a lot of worldclass attacking players that can change games. We are not too far from the title anyway but some players are not good enough for us to win the title. Benitez hasnt scored against Fergie in the epl for 4yrs while erricsson has beaten fergie twice in a year. We need to talk frankly with ourselves chaps. We are not a force to reckon with in the epl.
       I dont give a damn what anybody might say I would forever be a red so I would never walk alone all my life.
      we all have to make some changes so the epl title wont just be some passing thought. i have trust in benitez but he is human and is bound to make mistakes. with the necessary support, he can bring the epl to mersey side next season. We are winning the champions league the 6th time this year. Take my word for it.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #29: Feb 13, 2008 08:06:06 pm

and Sky will never have an impartial pundit.
      « Last Edit: Feb 13, 2008 08:08:34 pm by LondonRed »
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #30: Feb 13, 2008 09:05:09 pm
      He can go f**k off! I cannot believe an ex-red would come out and say such things. What happened to backing the team and manager?
      SPARKYMK
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #31: Feb 13, 2008 09:06:46 pm
      Rednap is a poor pundit. He tries to say all the right things and actually says nothing. 90% of what he said about Rafa and LFC is bullshit for example,  he says we dont have partnerships like the others - Well, Reina has played every game, Carragher/Hyppia have played every game and if Agger was fit it would have been Carra/Agger(partnership), Masch and Gerrard have played most matches as our CM(partnership),Torrese and Kuyt have played most matches up top(partnership). Even though I dont agree wityh Gerrard in CM or Kuyt playing full stop, they are all partnerships which rednapp says we dont have.
      However there is one point which he makes which is true. Although we have many world class players, we do only have 2 match winners Gerrard and Torres, while manure, chelski and the Arse have 5, 6 or 7. I would not blame Rafa on this.We have bought 1 player for the 20 million pound mark, Torres while manure and Chelski have 6 or 7 players in that price bracket. Think of the 11 draws so far this season - If we had 2 or 3 more 20 million pound match winners in MF or up top how many of those would have been wins, maybe 5 of them - 10 points. In the 1st 2-3 years Rafa had to build a squad and build a youth system and a decent 1st team so alot of his buys were good players but no more than that. Now he has a good youth team, a good squad and a very good 1st team he now really needs to be given the money to spend on 2 to 3 top class 20 million pound match winners to bring us to the title. If we dont get these 2-3 players we will continue to only hang on to the coat tails of the top 3.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #32: Feb 13, 2008 11:21:03 pm
      i  think Paul's column was really good, i quit enjoy most things he has to say but this column isn't bias one bit and puts things into perspective, it just tells the truth with out him putting in his own personal view on it too much at all.

anyone who disagrees with what he said in this particular column is a tosser - thats my opinion.

so jamie can F**k off then, wonder how much he got payed to say that sh*t about rafa from gray :)
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #33: Feb 14, 2008 07:48:34 am
      Wake up everyone Jamie is just telling the truth we are no closer to winning the league now than we were under Houllier,im not saying we will never win the league under Rafa but how long are we gonna have to wait for it?
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #34: Feb 14, 2008 08:16:45 am
      I hate to sound negative but we don't look like winning the league anytime soon. my fifa team is closer than Liverpool at the moment, and that's saying something.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #35: Feb 14, 2008 08:48:17 am
      I think Jamie is getting RAFA mixed up with his old man ;D

How F***ing true that is!!

To be honest Eddie I dont think he is clever enough to actually read newspapers and interpret them correctly, all what he said was from an autocue written for him by the sky S*n loving media writers.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #36: Feb 14, 2008 08:52:32 am
      Anyone who says we're no closer than under Houllier obviously has a short memory. Yes we've had a bad season to date, but the fact we were even considered title contenders speaks volumes about the progress we've made.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #37: Feb 14, 2008 09:14:08 am
      Anyone who says we're no closer than under Houllier obviously has a short memory. Yes we've had a bad season to date, but the fact we were even considered title contenders speaks volumes about the progress we've made.

And been out of the title race in january says a lot to,we are a big club we should be up there challenging every season but we simply havent been good enough for the last few years.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #38: Feb 14, 2008 09:47:51 am
      And been out of the title race in january says a lot to,we are a big club we should be up there challenging every season but we simply havent been good enough for the last few years.

Good point mate.  People on here seem to forget that being out of the title race by Xmas (which we was) is a complete disaster.

I hated our time under Houllier - even when we one the 5 cups - out footy was boring.  We are better than then - but other teams have moved further away from us.

That's the truth I'm afraid - no arguments!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #39: Feb 14, 2008 11:58:58 am
      Good point mate.  People on here seem to forget that being out of the title race by Xmas (which we was) is a complete disaster.

I hated our time under Houllier - even when we one the 5 cups - out footy was boring.  We are better than then - but other teams have moved further away from us.

That's the truth I'm afraid - no arguments!

Will you be celebrating when we win the FA and CL cups this season... and Prem title next season? Hope so, because it's going to happen... the team is just clicking into gear now, all the big guns are fit and our run in looks good.

With the addition of a Villa next season we will be a genuine force to be reckoned with next season... and a definite trophy contender this season. I have no doubt at all.

No, I've not been drinking... I genuinely believe we will win things THIS season.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #40: Feb 14, 2008 12:44:22 pm
      Will you be celebrating when we win the FA and CL cups this season... and Prem title next season? Hope so, because it's going to happen... the team is just clicking into gear now, all the big guns are fit and our run in looks good.

With the addition of a Villa next season we will be a genuine force to be reckoned with next season... and a definite trophy contender this season. I have no doubt at all.

No, I've not been drinking... I genuinely believe we will win things THIS season.

Of course I'll be celebrating...seriously though, would love to get some of that stuff you're on mate!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #41: Feb 14, 2008 12:48:17 pm
      oh jeez here we go again ::)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #42: Feb 14, 2008 03:17:34 pm
      Of course I'll be celebrating...seriously though, would love to get some of that stuff you're on mate!

Only stuff I'm high on is supporting positive spirit? and guess what? ...it's free mate... can't buy it in the stores though ...has to develop in your heart.

Try to conjure some up inside you some day....soon. I highly recommend it for you.

xx.

TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #43: Feb 14, 2008 04:43:14 pm
      He's a cockney rent-boy anyway, my cousin frank this 'n that & JT this 'n that
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #44: Feb 14, 2008 06:46:13 pm
      We could do with 40,000 fans at Anfield like Don then the club would not lack support.Irrespective of what Don is or isnt on he does support the REDSthrough the good and the bad as we all should do.Like Don i firmly believe that the F.A.Cup and the European Champions Cup have Liverpool Football Clubs name on them this season.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #45: Feb 14, 2008 08:21:44 pm
      We could do with 40,000 fans at Anfield like Don then the club would not lack support.Irrespective of what Don is or isnt on he does support the REDSthrough the good and the bad as we all should do.Like Don I firmly believe that the F.A.Cup and the European Champions Cup have Liverpool Football Clubs name on them this season.

Billy Boy - I hope you're right mate - nothing like optimism!

"Irrespective of what Don is..." - what is he mate - come on tell me, I'm trying to work it out also..!

Quick Reply