Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Our Team - The Reason !

Read 6092 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Our Team - The Reason !
      Reply #23: Feb 16, 2008 10:55:03 pm
      FIVESTAR, may I be the first to say you are a fickle F***ing tw*t. 'Fans' like yourself are not welcome at this club, there are thousands of real fans out there who for one reason or another will never get to go to Anfield that would kill for the opportunity to go, yet you think your money is 'better spent' elsewhere because results aren't going our way. 

I hope you never manage to get your hands on another ticket, you don't F***ing deserve to be associated with this great club.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #24: Feb 16, 2008 11:04:28 pm
      My thoughts exactly Eddie.

To be honest FIVESTAR you are the type of person that gives out of towners such a bad name amongst scousers which many dont deserve.

No doubt you are an Istanbul band-wagon jumping pr**k.

Do us all a favour and go and support ....i dunno , who is top of the league ? .... Arsenal ? ...sorted.........or F***ing Ipswich for that matter.
      Fowler_ynwa
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #25: Feb 16, 2008 11:13:09 pm
      Court LFC,
      Drenthe did sign for Real Madrid in the summer but he's out of favour at the moment. I read that he was unhappy and looking for first team football.

I'm not quite sure he's what we're looking for but he does have wicked pace.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26: Feb 16, 2008 11:34:31 pm
      Drenthe is also good at set pieces, perfect replacement for riise?? But what about bridge, would he be worth the gamble???

Joe Cole i hear is a possible target but im not sure whether he would fit in because he tries skill too much and he does lose it quite alot. too much of a one man team.

There is so many players linked with us at the moment, even diarra from madrid, why the hell would we wnat him we already have 4 centre mids.

people can speculate all day long about possible transfers but we wont be signing anyone until its confirmed that rafa will still have a job and also all depends on who the owners are, be it Yanks or DIC
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #27: Feb 16, 2008 11:46:34 pm
      Im not one to be horrible to people on here, because i admire all Liverpool fans wherever they are in the world but FIVESTAR, no doubt you are looking like a glory hunter and like a fellow poster said before you give us OOT's a bad name which we dont want and which many of us dont deserve!, if you think your moneys better off spent elsewhere then move to scumland and glory hunt with there millions of fans! They only spend money when their winning, them bunch of band wagon jumping phoneys!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #28: Feb 17, 2008 12:08:52 am
      Drenthe is also good at set pieces, perfect replacement for riise?? But what about bridge, would he be worth the gamble???

Joe Cole i hear is a possible target but im not sure whether he would fit in because he tries skill too much and he does lose it quite alot. too much of a one man team.

There is so many players linked with us at the moment, even diarra from madrid, why the hell would we wnat him we already have 4 centre mids.

people can speculate all day long about possible transfers but we wont be signing anyone until its confirmed that rafa will still have a job and also all depends on who the owners are, be it Yanks or DIC

I wouldn't mind Wayne Bridge actually.  He does his job.  Like Finnan does at RB.

I'd also have a go at trying to sign Joe Cole as well. 

Diarra maybe to replace Alonso I hate to say?  Ah let's just leave it to the summer.

Oh.  And let's hope DIC takes over.  :)
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #29: Feb 17, 2008 02:15:39 am
      Why would you sign Diarra to replace Alonso? I think you need to change your avatar Court :D.

I would think Joe Cole would be one of the least probable players we would ever sign, up there with Drogba and Ronaldo. Why would Chelsea let go one of their most productive and creative players? Cole is a top class international player, and whilst I'd love to see him play for Liverpool, it ain't gonna happen...
      I think we need to sign a winger and a striker.

Here's a realistic team for next year, in the formation I think we would play best in (as I've posted before in different topics)

Reina
      Finnan    Carra    Skrtel/Agger    Arbeloa
                   Masch   Alonso
                         Gerrard
          Young                     Babel
                          Torres

I'd either want a new striker to come off the bench, or a new winger to replace Babel in the 1st XI and have Ryan come off the bench for Torres.

A team I'd love to see next year:
                        Reina
      Arbeloa   Carra    Agger    Drenthe
                   Masch   Alonso
                        Gerrard
            Joaquin               Quaresma
                        Torres

Oooh what a team that would be. :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30: Feb 17, 2008 03:35:10 am
      He has played there for us - but only cause we have JAR and Aurelio there - say's it all doesn't it!!!!  He's right footed.

So is Phillip Lahm, he is a LB with a right foot.

Villa/Huntelaar, Silva, Bridge also maybe. Villa and Huntelaar we need, we need to rotate class with class, Villa is like another Torres and who wouldnt want that but Huntelaar would finish 9/10 chances which is what we need, offload Crouch, Voronin and Kuyt and Babel can be shifted up there next season. Huntelaar Villa Torres and Babel, F**k me dead! Silva for obvious reasons on the left and Bridge because he does his job consistently and I feel would only be worth a couple million. 4 maybe.

60 million for those 4 I would say with Crouch going for 10, Voronin for 2, Kuyt for 7, Aurellio for 2. 40 odd million for those guys and the Prem will be ours, muahahaha!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #31: Feb 17, 2008 07:25:00 am
      FIVESTAR, may I be the first to say you are a fickle F***ing tw*t. 'Fans' like yourself are not welcome at this club, there are thousands of real fans out there who for one reason or another will never get to go to Anfield that would kill for the opportunity to go, yet you think your money is 'better spent' elsewhere because results aren't going our way. 

I hope you never manage to get your hands on another ticket, you don't F***ing deserve to be associated with this great club.

Well put Eddie,it is easy to support a winning team,but a true supporter stays with CLUB through good and bad times.An outsider would think we had been in the relegation zone for the past 3 seasons but we have won the F.A.Cup and the European Champions Cup,not bad for failures is it.When Shanks was running the CLUB it was not all a bed of roses,we had our ups and downs but we always got back to the top and I cannot recall fans calling for the great mans head ever.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #32: Feb 17, 2008 07:27:41 pm

Reina
      Arbeloa   Carra    Agger    Drenthe
                   Masch   Alonso
                        Gerrard
            Joaquin               Quaresma
                        Torres

I've got to agree *rubs hands together*.. that would be one hellova team to hunt the EPL..
      Cy
      Reply #33: Feb 17, 2008 07:46:27 pm
      This excuse of we dont have the players to compete is a way to not facing the thruth. All our players would find a place in a first eleven in all premier league squad, excepty maybe man u...so this "we are short of 4 players to compete" Im not buying it.

Players are not performing the way they should and that is why we are where we are. We have one of the best coach available, if Benitez goes tomorrow top clubs would be after him, we have enough quality in the squad to be there but its the performance overall who put us where we are. The result of yesterday is once again a clear example of this.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #34: Feb 17, 2008 07:49:10 pm
      This excuse of we dont have the players to compete is a way to not facing the thruth. All our players would find a place in a first eleven in all premier league squad, excepty maybe man u...so this "we are short of 4 players to compete" Im not buying it.

Players are not performing the way they should and that is why we are where we are. We have one of the best coach available, if Benitez goes tomorrow top clubs would be after him, we have enough quality in the squad to be there but its the performance overall who put us where we are. The result of yesterday is once again a clear example of this.

Riise Kewell Kuyt Voronin wouldnt make arsenal, chelsea first team. 

We need more players that would. I admit alot of fans look for someone to blame when we lost but rightfully because we should be doing alot better than this.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #35: Feb 17, 2008 08:03:27 pm
      I dunno... I dont think many of our players would feature in arse/man/chel's first squad..
      I do agree that many teams across the globe would love Raffa as their manager and i personally would brick it if he left..
      A lot of fans are complaining that were gonna have to scrap for 4th but without Raffa i fear we could become a mid table team for atleast a couple of seasons..
      Lets stick with the "Raffmiester" and stop sticking the boot in..
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #36: Feb 17, 2008 08:43:31 pm
      I dunno... I dont think many of our players would feature in arse/man/chel's first squad..
      I do agree that many teams across the globe would love Raffa as their manager and I personally would brick it if he left..
      A lot of fans are complaining that were gonna have to scrap for 4th but without Raffa I fear we could become a mid table team for atleast a couple of seasons..
      Lets stick with the "Raffmiester" and stop sticking the boot in..

That's it - not many of our current starting XI would feature in Arsenal, Mancs or Chelsea's team.  (Baring some of the names I mentioned at the start)

I had high hopes for Pennant.  But the guy can't beat a player...so he's wasted as winger in my opinion.

Kewell I'm afraid is finished.  He's no pace, he stops to many times when he's running with the ball - which then spoils the flow of the play.

Babel could have a good future with us - but won't win us the league next season - same with Lucas.

Alonso - is on his way out - he doesn't offer enough to warrant a place.  So he may hit a 40 yard pass from time to time - so what.
      « Last Edit: Feb 17, 2008 08:50:15 pm by Richobaz »
      Fowler_ynwa
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #37: Feb 17, 2008 09:20:45 pm
      I would personally keep Pennant as a squad player, but I would get rid of Kewell. Like you said he's lost his pace and doesn't seem to be able to beat a man anymore.

I think Alonso still has a lot offer us. There's no one on the team who can match his passing ability. His through ball to Benayoun yesterday was sublime and it should have been put in the back of the net. I think there's room for Masch, Alonso and Gerrard to play in the same team allowing each one to play to their strengths. However Alonso is coming to that age where he might want to spend the rest of his good footballing years in Spain. I hope he doesn't.

I think the level of impact that Babel and Lucas will have on the team will depend on how quickly they come out of their shells. Babel since he spends more time in the attacking 1/3 can afford to and needs to take more risks. Ronaldo made so many mistakes when he first started but he that confidence and even the cockiness to keep at it, I think that Nani might turn out to be similar and Babel needs to have more belief in his own abilities. He's definately capable of being a match winner.

On another note we've been linked with Diego and Rafinha the RB from Schalke in today's gossip. Anyone know anything about Rafinha?
      FIVESTAR
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -11 
      Reply #38: Feb 17, 2008 09:40:31 pm

SORRY  if i offended  anybody but i thought this was a forum where you were allowed to view your views. i accept I'm not a real fan by not going to every game but i have supported or followed them if you like since i was a boy and this is for me the worst time. I am not a Rafa fan like Ive said before he is a master of tactics and tinkering but i don't i think that will win a prem IMO . so again I'm sorry if i didn't put that across very well but i am not  a tw8t . I am intitiled to my oppinion like you are there is no need to  resort to insults.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #39: Feb 17, 2008 09:45:51 pm
      Nani showed what happens when young players are confident with his Kerlon style seal dribble. Babel plays with alot of pace and skill and players like this are excellent when confident. He will become alot more confident soon given a few more starts and i think he will get them.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #40: Feb 17, 2008 09:49:45 pm
      Plenty of people on here have said they want Rafa gone, and for the most part I have discussed their reasons without insulting them. The reason I didn't do you such a courtesy was the fact you said you wouldn't be going to your two games a season because of our poor form, and that your money would be better spent elsewhere. This is the attitude I find unacceptable, regardless of how well we're doing or what you think of the current management or players the club deserves everyones full support.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #41: Feb 17, 2008 09:55:16 pm
      Plenty of people on here have said they want Rafa gone, and for the most part I have discussed their reasons without insulting them. The reason I didn't do you such a courtesy was the fact you said you wouldn't be going to your two games a season because of our poor form, and that your money would be better spent elsewhere. This is the attitude I find unacceptable, regardless of how well we're doing or what you think of the current management or players the club deserves everyones full support.

Very true, fans should support their team 100% thats what being a fan is all about. Its true this season has been rather hectic but things will look up, rafa isnt stupid, what player have you seen us have that wasnt upto it and keep him for long. (kewell cannot be included because he was injured not playing).
      FIVESTAR
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -11 
      Reply #42: Feb 17, 2008 10:29:02 pm

I accept it may be hard to take a harsh comment from somebody who does not commit there time and money in to the club as many of you do . But at what point do you real fans start to speak up? Ive read on here many times that houleir should of gone much earleir , i hope history is not repeating itself. I dont mean this in a nasty way but could your love for this club be making you blind? Ask somebody without the passion for the club and hear what they have to say
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #43: Feb 17, 2008 10:39:09 pm
      I love the club, that doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with loving the manager. I genuinely believe Rafa is the right man for the job, if I didn't then I would be calling for his head too.
      RedWilly

• 9,198 posts | 1642 
      Reply #44: Feb 18, 2008 01:35:40 pm
      surely people can see rafa has come to his end , best players he can get with his budger dont make me laugh theres premeir clubs who would love his budget let alone barnsley, ive said it before we kept houlier to long ,we are now making the same mistake.there is something not right there players under perfoming all the signs off a lost changing room. Really hope im wrong but I sadly dont think I am.One thing I know for sure is I live in ipswich and normally come to anfield twice a year and try to get to games when they are more local, I will now be putting my money to better use untill things improve , .How many other people are doing that
      Please better spend your money by getting a one way flight to manchester, they need fans like you. There are thousands of fans who would kill to get to a game at Anfield, and your saying it's a waste. F***ing fickle fans like you are a disgrace to our club.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #45: Feb 18, 2008 01:59:10 pm
      I accept it may be hard to take a harsh comment from somebody who does not commit there time and money in to the club as many of you do . But at what point do you real fans start to speak up? Ive read on here many times that houleir should of gone much earleir , I hope history is not repeating itself. I dont mean this in a nasty way but could your love for this club be making you blind? Ask somebody without the passion for the club and hear what they have to say

Love for the club making us blind? Surely if we love the club, and the manager is not right we would be calling for his head? But no, we're behind him! For what we beleive is for the good of the club!

Quick Reply